PDA

View Full Version : Don Felder interview from the Sunday Herald

glenneaglesfan
10-23-2007, 03:15 AM
This is a candid interview with Don when he was at St Andrews for the Dunhill Links golf a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.sundayherald.com/search/display.var.1775219.0.eagle_has_landed.php

http://www.donfelderonline.com/

Mrs Frey
10-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Thanks for posting the link to that article, GEF.

What I have to say about it is quite simple, really: there are two sides (and in this case, three sides) to every story. If Don was really genuine about wanting to patch up his relationship with both Glenn :heart: Frey and Don Henley, he would not have written his book. In my humble opinion, dishing the dirt on the excesses of The Eagles (of which he freely admits he was a part) is hardly the way towards reconciliation.

However, as "cold and heartless" as the actions of the other Eagles allegedly were, there must have been a reason for it. The mistakes that Glenn :heart: and Don made during the '70s are well documented (and probably exaggerated too), but in 2001, when Felder got fired, they were hardly youngsters anymore, quite capable of making sensible decisions about the future of the band.

As for the "I'm gonna kick your ass" incident; according to Laura Jackson's "Flying High", it was Felder who threatened to kick Glenn's :heart: ass, and Glenn :heart: responded with "Great - I can't wait!" I say again: there are two sides to every story.

I probably sound quite angry now, which I am, unfortunately. It really upsets me when bitter ex-band members or sensationalist biographers decide to write mud-slinging books about celebrities. Felder talks about burying the hatchet instead of harbouring ill-feeling and hatred of the past, but what would one call his efforts in his book? Is that not harbouring ill-feeling and hatred of the past? I rest my case.

sodascouts
10-23-2007, 11:53 AM
I know it's upsetting to read bad things about Glenn, but we knew this was coming. It seems the two were always at odds. Yes, the way Felder tells it, Glenn was a horrible person, but we know that's not true. In the end, this book will be just a blip on the radar.