PDA

View Full Version : Hello and thanks for this site and all the fans!

MortSahlFan
08-01-2015, 09:41 PM
My name is Matt.. I'm a musician/author and I've published a photography book on a decade of travels. I love conversation, which is why I'm in this room. I saw the Eagles last week for the first time and it was great. Since then, I saw the documentary, read articles, other interviews, and read Felder's book.

I have been an Eagles fan since middle school. I remember my cousin who came from Europe who didn't speak hardly any English was living with us, and in my room I had a TV, and "Hotel California" came on. He knew the song!

The older I've got, the more I've admired them. Last week, I saw them live in Detroit, Glenn's home city. It was my 33rd birthday present!

What a great show. Great setlist. My only complaint is how many people talk loudly during the show, especially during the more laid-back acoustic songs. I came here to listen to them, not some drunken fans! They should have stayed home!

My favorite songs:
-King of Hollywood
-New Kid In Town
-One of These Nights
-Hotel California
-I Can't Tell You Why
-Witchy Woman
-Victim of Love
-Lyin' Eyes
-Love Will Keep Us Alive
-Journey of the Sorcerer
-You Never Cry Like a Love
-Those Shoes
-Too Many Hands

LuvTim
08-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Welcome! Glad you are here. :)

VAisForEagleLovers
08-01-2015, 10:22 PM
Welcome, MSF!! Glad to hear you enjoyed the concert (except for the loud people). Feel free to find the review thread and give your thoughts on the show. I don't know which show you went to, or I'd link to it here. I'm glad to hear that it inspired you to watch the documentary.

Are the songs on your list the order you prefer the songs? That is, is King of Hollywood your favorite Eagles song? I think it's an under appreciated song, in that given the material it covers, it's sung and arranged perfectly. After reading the book about Greg Bautzer, the song took on a whole new meaning for me.

MortSahlFan
08-01-2015, 11:07 PM
Thanks, I'll do a review tomorrow if I can. (I'm moving tomorrow morning).

As for that favorites list, it's as of right this minute. "King of Hollywood" is new to me, and the vocals matched together is perfect. (If anyone has a great link about this song's music, I'd appreciate a link).

Not sure if I did already, but I would add "The Disco Strangler" because it rocks, has a really interesting drum beat I love to play myself to get warmed up, but also has some disco.

Jonny Come Lately
08-02-2015, 02:43 AM
Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you on here.

I really like most of the songs on your favourites list. I love talking about music so I'm sure we will have some fascinating discussions.

NOLA
08-02-2015, 08:48 AM
A hearty welcome, Matt! :)

I like your list - includes some of their popular hits as well as some of the deeper tracks.

AlreadyGone95
08-02-2015, 10:38 AM
Welcome from me as well. That's one nice birthday present!

I like your list. It's nice to see someone else who would put Journey of the Sorcerer on their list.

Witchy Woman
08-02-2015, 11:48 AM
Welcome, MSF !!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-02-2015, 01:20 PM
Welcome from me too, Matt. Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself here on The Border. If you like conversation and are an Eagles fan, you've found a good place.

WalshFan88
08-02-2015, 07:13 PM
Welcome.

DJ
08-02-2015, 07:26 PM
Welcome Matt and enjoy the conversations!:thumbsup:

MortSahlFan
08-03-2015, 11:13 AM
Thank you all so much. It's been such a joy reading very incisive comments, and the wonderful topics discussed. So glad I found this site!

Brooke
08-03-2015, 02:24 PM
MSF, welcome to the Border from me, too!

Have fun here!

NightMistBlue
08-03-2015, 04:19 PM
Are the songs on your list the order you prefer the songs? That is, is King of Hollywood your favorite Eagles song? I think it's an under appreciated song, in that given the material it covers, it's sung and arranged perfectly. After reading the book about Greg Bautzer, the song took on a whole new meaning for me.

I thought that song was about producer Robert Evans? I believe he's discussed in "You'll Never Make Love in this Town Again," i.e., the hooker book.

VAisForEagleLovers
08-03-2015, 09:35 PM
I have no idea who the intended 'target' was, but it applies to quite a few, I imagine.

Glennsallnighter
08-07-2015, 12:45 PM
Welcome from me too!