PDA

View Full Version : Bringing back solo songs (a request)

WalshFan88
09-14-2015, 09:59 PM
I have to say, the HOTE show smoked the LROOE show I saw except that I honestly wish there had been some solo songs included.

I know, just go to the solo show. But honestly I'm not going to drive 4 hours to see them solo. If that makes me less of a fan, so be it.

So I'd love to hear Henley doing TBOS and DL and ASWTDID and Glenn doing Smugglers Blues and THIO. Some of Joe's songs have stayed because they add a certain energy to the second half but it'd be great to hear #49, Walk Away, RMW, and of course LBG.

I would, however, settle or compromise for one solo song from each. My preference being LBG from Joe, TBOS from Don, and THIO from Glenn. I don't think the Eagles have ever played a Tim solo song, but if they did I'd like to hear WBFS.

Maybe I'm alone but I think the solo songs played in the context of the Eagles adds something special that they on their own don't have on record or in a solo show. Maybe it's harmonies or just having a full behind said performer but I miss the days of hearing some of those solo songs. It's the only thing I missed about the LROOE show in comparison to the HOTE show.

For instance I loved the "oh la la la" from F1 on ODAAT. Or the twin guitars and backup vocals on LBG. Or the big atmospheric sound on TBOS. Or Joe doing his own solo on DL. It just brings something to those songs special I think.

Funk 50
09-15-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm a big Genesis fan and I loved the fact that Genesis set lists didn't include tracks from their respective solo careers. It meant Genesis were never reduced to playing a Greatest Hits set list.

As a Walsh fan, I'm delighted that the Eagles play solo Walsh tracks, it looks like it's the only way I'll get to see my hero play live.

In the past, I'd say an undiluted Eagles catalogue wasn't strong enough to carry a 3 hour concert in a huge arena. I think the live concert industry has now developed enough for bands to carry a lengthy, ballad heavy set list, without losing the interest of a huge audience.

Ideally, if the band feel that they are short of Eagles rockers, they'd be highly motivated to produce some new ones but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Joe's tracks were always included to give Eagles concerts a bit of punch. The solo tunes they've performed since HFO added relevance and momentum to the set list. As they, and their audience now reach their Autumn years, the Eagles no longer need to chase, relevance and momentum.

I'm torn between hearing great solo tunes and old Eagles favourites. As it is The Eagles moniker that's printed on the ticket, I think I'd prefer that they permanently ditch the solo stuff, particularly if it gives them a reason to producesome new Eagles music. :thumbsup:

Brooke
09-15-2015, 01:14 PM
I'm one that prefers them to play Eagles songs at Eagles shows. That way we can get more Eagles songs and possibly some of the deeper cuts like we did with the History tour. I will try to see them solo and get those songs then.

WalshFan88
09-15-2015, 04:14 PM
I'm one that doesn't care much for deep tracks, I'm predominately a hits guy with just about any band. I guess it's because I never tire of hits, and I heard them more growing up and throughout my life and I want to hear more of them.

Personally, I could do without the Eagles LP/Desperado-era deep tracks in the early part of the set. I'm just not that much into them personally. As I said in the Randy/Tim thread, I'm more of a fan of the band with Walsh on board, which was two 70s records. But I do like On The Border and One Of These Nights albums too. The first two didn't do much for me as they were obviously more bluegrass inflected and weren't heavy enough for me. OTB had great rockers though, and OOTN had great tunes too. The first two albums I'm "iffy" on, I love the big hits like TIE, PEF, Desperado, etc but otherwise I prefer their later more classic rock supergroup sound with Felder, and then Felder and Walsh. More my speed anyway.

I would, however, be ok with more stuff from the HC/TLR era like VOL and such. Or bring back James Dean or Good Day In Hell from OTB. Or even Out Of Control from Desperado. Something, well, more rock n' roll (see a pattern?! :hilarious:).

I just don't go to solo shows I guess. I find it hard to drive 4 hours to see one of them. I know, bad fan - but still. If they came to Peoria or Springfield, I'd go - much like I did for Jackson Browne. But I wouldn't travel to Chicago or St. Louis for a single artist, it's just me. If I'm driving the distance, it's usually to see a big band with a big production.

As far as new Eagles music, I'd be all for that, but I'd hope it'd be different than LROOE, which I am not much of a fan of except a couple tracks. I know I'm in the minority. I'd like to see them get back to the 70s sound and uptempo rockers and singalongs or some of the light rock stuff like NKIT or ATTIG but stay away from the sound on LROOE, which was too commercial for me, and just too different than what I'm used to.

I have a feeling that why I like the Eagles is different than most. I see them as a great rock n' roll band, a guitar driven rock n' roll band, with amazing guitar parts and musical pieces. Not so much as a country rock/light rock band with great vocal harmonies. And that's okay, of course.

Freypower
09-15-2015, 07:40 PM
This probably won't go down well but I feel that Joe's solo work has been done to death by the Eagles. The last time I saw them in March I was - there is no other word - bored by those songs. They have lost any surprise value they may have had. I am told, however, that they have to be retained to give Joe something to do & that they are crowd pleasers. For me, the second half of the shows was Joe Walsh & the Eagles, not the Eagles. On previous tours I was OK with it. Not this time.

Sadly they have such a limited catalogue that asking for them to do some solo songs no longer seems a bad idea - but if it were to happen, for me they would have to do different solo songs from the ones I have seen them do in the past. As I am certain that won't happen, it doesn't seem right for me to make suggestions. My suggestion is therefore that they acknowledge the existence of LROOE.

GlennLover
09-15-2015, 09:38 PM
I agree with you, FP. I'm tired of the Joe solo songs as well. I'd rather not have any solo songs, but like you, if they did do solo numbers I would like them to be ones they have not performed before. I would prefer some sons from LROOE as well, especially sine the LROOE concert that I saw was the shortened set list thus How Long was the only song they played from that album.

Funk 50
09-16-2015, 06:41 AM
I'm one that doesn't care much for deep tracks, I'm predominately a hits guy with just about any band. I guess it's because I never tire of hits, and I heard them more growing up and throughout my life and I want to hear more of them.

I'm not sure what a deep track is, WalshFan88. The first Joe Walsh live set list I ever saw, I was stunned that he included, obscure, throwaway James Gang, pop song Funk #49, a decade after he'd left the band.

I'd say "deep tracks" are album tracks that the record company decided were unworthy of promotion to gain radio airplay.

A few years ago, thanks to a roughly, month long, multi-media, BBC promotion, Lou Reeds's Perfect Day rose from obscure album track to his single greatest hit in the UK, decades after it was released.
I'm not sure if deep tracks really exist any more. You can discover an artist's entire discography in a matter of hours, pretty easily, on the internet.

As far as new Eagles music, I'd be all for that, but I'd hope it'd be different than LROOE, ......which was too commercial for me, and just too different than what I'm used to.

The most commercial Eagles albums, by a long, long way are Their Greatest Hits and Hotel California. In fact, they are two of the most commercially successful albums of all time. Certainly far more commercial than Long Road Out Of Eden.

One of the weaknesses of Long Road Out Of Eden was that none of the tracks were deemed strong enough to live with the big Walsh rockers, performed towards the end of an Eagles concert. Even the solo albums, except Joe's, are definitely moving away from the classic rock genre.

I'd love the Eagles to drop Joe's solo tracks, I've seen them enough times, but I think they'd need a few more up-tempo rock numbers, plus one or two more Walsh lead vocals before an entire concert of Eagles songs becomes feasible.

Since Felder's departure, I've always felt that the Eagles should release a 4 CD collection, one disc each, allowing them to put anything they want on their own particular disc, with the proviso that, the other three Eagles are also major contributes. It'd give all of them something fresh to perform at Eagles concerts, that their audience can readily get hold of.

I wonder if the Eagles will ever copy Henley and give away free CDs with their concert tickets. They certainly charge enough.... :thumbsup:

Freypower
09-16-2015, 06:30 PM
I received copies of LROOE with my VIP package on that tour.

Glennsallnighter
09-20-2015, 02:31 PM
I have to say, the HOTE show smoked the LROOE show I saw except that I honestly wish there had been some solo songs included.

I know, just go to the solo show. But honestly I'm not going to drive 4 hours to see them solo. If that makes me less of a fan, so be it.

You won't drive yourself for 4 Hours to see an Eagle solo and I have travelled from Dublin to Niagara Falls and Los Angeles to see a solo Eagle - as has FP from Australia! Not to mention how far people like Soda, Dreamer, PLS and others travel on a regular basis for solo shows? Ok!

I really think the HOTE was as near to Eagles perfection as you can get. Nobody will be satisfied with 100% of the show 100% of the time. Thats life, as we all have our particular favourites but for the most part I think they had a very good mix of popular hits, deeper tracks and quite honestly some little gems. It was way better than either LROOE and Farewell 1. I know there were a few Joe solos but I think they were needed to keep that significant minority of Joe fans happy, as he does not take as many leads on the more popular Eagles songs, and his fan portion is quite significant. In fairness the guys played over 3 and a half hours. To include 4 more songs ( 1 solo each) would bring that up to nearly 4 hours which would be a big ask. Unless something was left out - and I would not have liked to see any of the HOTE left out.
The earlier tracks from Eagles LP and Desperado were absolutely needed as they formed an integral part of the chronological presentation of their history and so it would have been fatal to leave them out IMHO anyway.

No, I agree, Eagles songs for Eagles shows, and keep the solo songs for solo shows.

Freypower
09-20-2015, 06:42 PM
I thought the HOTE show was 3 hours.

Heretical as it is to say this, it was my least favourite of the tours I have seen. There were elements of it that in my view didn't work, and to stick to the topic, one of these was what I considered the over emphasis of Joe's solo work which is not part of their history, no matter how many times I am told that it is because they've always played those songs. In the second half of the show the HOTE concept was ditched after a couple of songs & they just went back to it being all about Joe.

Ive always been a dreamer
09-20-2015, 09:28 PM
FP, I don't think it heresy to expression your opinion about the HotE show; however, my guess is yours is definitely the minority opinion around here. I, for one, definitely agree with GA opinion.

But, now it's my chance to be the minority opinion here because, although I did love the HotE set list, I'm also one that doesn't mind the solo songs. As much as some folks would like to dispose of Joe's solo songs, I personally don't believe it will ever happen. Like it or not, those songs are a permanent fixture in Eagles shows because the majority of fans attending the shows love them. If they do, in fact, revamp the set list going forward, I won't mind one or two of Don's or Glenn's solo songs either.

Funk 50
09-21-2015, 04:50 AM
Joe was brought into the Eagles to improve their live show.

Glenn said the Walsh tracks took the show up a notch, to a level the Eagles catalogue couldn't reach. Even before Hotel California was released, Turn To Stone, Funk #49 and Rocky Mountain Way were in the Eagles set list, replacing Bernie's, Train Leaves Here This Morning, Blackberry Blossom and Journey Of The Sorcerer. Maybe Chug All Night too. I don't think the Eagles have performed Chug All Night with Joe in the line up.

Walk Away was added to the set list for the Hotel California tour, Life's Been Good was part of the Eagles set list before Joe played it solo.

We're now approaching Joe's 40th birthday, within the band (December 20th 2015). I think Joe still takes the live show up a notch but I don't think the inclusion of his solo tracks is as important. When Joe joined, the average age of the Eagles and their audience would be 20s/30s, it's now double that. They don't really need to rock any more. You can play quiet songs without being drowned out by the audience. You can see what's happening on stage with the big screens.

I think the Eagles could play a set list without Joe's solo songs but I think he'd need another Eagles track or two to perform. Pretty Maids All In A Row, In The City, Last Good Time In Town and Guilty Of The Crime leaves him a little short imho.

Funk 50
09-21-2015, 05:46 AM
This is weird. I've just proof read through my own post and thought I don't entirely agree with it.

I heard Joe introduce Life's Been Good at a solo show earlier this week with (paraphrasing) "Youngsters in the audience may not know this track but your parents loved it!"

I chuckled but I got annoyed. It's bollocks. Bands moan about their music being pigeon holed when they themselves are some of the worst culprits.

If somebody hears Don's Waiting Tables today and The Eagles, Lying Eyes, for the first time, next month, in their view, Lying Eyes would be the newer track. The truth is of no consequence.

Is Doolin Dalton an old track because it was released in 1973 or a new track because most fans heard it for the first time in 2013. In the internet age, everything is available all the time, nobody cares what happened 40 years ago. It doesn't matter where the tracks come from, only how good they are.

If the Eagles do reconvene in the future, I hope they ignore the nostalgia ticket, which must be starting to blow over by now, and have a crack at the, premium stage performers, market.

UndertheWire
09-21-2015, 09:27 AM
To a great extent I'm talking about something outside my experience. The only Eagles shows I've attended were HotE and I haven't seen any solo shows.

One of the big attractions of the HotE shows for me was the inclusion of Bernie and so many songs from earlier in their career. I'd have been happy if they'd included even more from Desperado - Bitter Creek and Outlaw Man. I wanted to hear the Eagles, not the solo work.

My sister isn't such an Eagles fan and by the end of the first half, she was getting restless but she loved the second half. I agree that the change of tempo was welcome and that Joe and his songs added an energy that was needed. With such a long show, you need the variety.

I've listened to bootlegs of early shows, from 1972 to 1974 and they weren't lacking in energy even before Joe joined. Songs such as Outlaw Man, Tryin', Chug All Night and Out of Control got a good audience response. The problem with adding those back in is that the workload mostly lands on Glenn. Including Joe's rockers shares the load.
Looking at shows from the HFO and Farewell 1 era, the problem with the solo songs from Don and Glenn is that they don't involve other band members as much as I'd like. Often, it's the backing musicians or even orchestra who are highlighted. If I'm at an Eagles show, I don't want to hear Don Henley's solo material and I'd guess many feel the same about Glenn's. My other issue, is that it would be the solo hits that would be included, making it even more of a "greatest hits" show.

If I ever get the chance to see a solo show, I'm interested in the deeper cuts even more than the hits. That's probably true for an Eagles show, too.

Anyway, it's an interesting topic.

Freypower
09-21-2015, 06:51 PM
I have mixed feelings about all of this. Both of you make very good points which I agree with to varying degrees.

My problem on the last tour was me more than the band. I found that the earlier songs did not engage me, even though I hadn't seen them live, and then Joe's songs bored me. UTW, you say the songs you mention give Glenn a greater workload. Well, that's what he needs. In HOTE, for me, when he wasn't singing lead he didn't seem to do very much. He was the most subdued & underused I have ever seen him, and after the joys of AH (which spoiled me, I know) I found that hard to take.

As for the tired old arguments about Joe's songs taking it up a notch & adding energy, etc, I know all that and now it seems an excuse, not a reason.

It is entirely possible for solo songs to be played where the band IS involved. I was lucky enough to see Smuggler's Blues & YBTTC on the HFO tour & the whole band was involved, as they were in Dirty Laundry. That was not the case, of course, for most of the Henley dominated songs like HOTM and also for Sunset Grill & ASWTDID in F1. Well, they don't have to play those. They could play more uptempo songs. Which ones? Who knows. BOS would be an obvious choice, as would THIO which I have never seen them play. I doubt they will do this. Therefore as I said they should consider returning to LROOE. They didn't give it enough of a chance after the end of the tour which featured it.

sodascouts
09-23-2015, 09:09 PM
I'm with the "save the solo stuff for the solo concerts" crowd. The problem is that Joe has such a dearth of Eagles material where he sings lead that for him to be prominent during a show, solo / James Gang songs must be included. I was quite pleased that Glenn and Don did not trot out solo hits, much as I love them. I don't come to an Eagles show to hear New York Minute.

Funk 50
09-24-2015, 03:36 AM
I really enjoyed the Eagles performing New York Minute and the other Henley hits, even Sunset Grill with live horns. The one occasion I saw Henley live, he didn't do The Heart Of The Matter. You Belong To The City and The Heat Is On were real treats too.

I'm pretty sure that without the solo hits there would never have been a three hour show.

I don't know how Glenn is feeling right now. His writing partner has found another and is thriving and happy. There's a song in there, somewhere.

The Eagles are in danger of becoming Henley's sideshow. I want the Eagles to go down shooting. It's Glenn's call.

NOLA
09-24-2015, 08:51 AM
I'm pretty sure that without the solo hits there would never have been a three hour show.

My thoughts, exactly. The deletion of all of the solo songs may have cut the show by at least an hour or more.

Eagles are in danger of becoming Henley's sideshow. I want the Eagles to go down shooting. It's Glenn's call.

Actually, they are in danger of becoming extinct. At this point in their senior lives, I don't care what they sing on stage, as long as they show up!

Freypower
09-24-2015, 06:22 PM
I really enjoyed the Eagles performing New York Minute and the other Henley hits, even Sunset Grill with live horns. The one occasion I saw Henley live, he didn't do The Heart Of The Matter. You Belong To The City and The Heat Is On were real treats too.

I don't know how Glenn is feeling right now. His writing partner has found another and is thriving and happy. There's a song in there, somewhere.

The Eagles are in danger of becoming Henley's sideshow. I want the Eagles to go down shooting. It's Glenn's call.

I will address your second point first, although perhaps this should really be in the 'what's next' thread.

Henley has not suddenly found another writing partner. He has been writing with Lynch since EOTI. He has been working on this album for years, so I think we can safely say it is not just a sudden burst of creativity. And he has finally put out this album so what else is he going to do but promote it? Good luck to him. How does that make the Eagles his 'sideshow' any more than AH made it Glenn's or AM made it Joe's?

Your speculation on 'how Glenn is feeling' is more problematic. I have no doubt that he wishes Don well with CC, just as I'm sure Don wished him well with AH. He would be used to the fact that for whatever reason, Don's albums are always more heavily promoted & Don does more extensive tours (I still think he blundered badly with the short tour he did for AH). But my other feeling is that Frey fans had our fun, now it's Henley fans' turn!

I have to say though that for ME, he didn't appear all that enthusiastic during the HOTE shows in Australia, and yet others have not claimed this, so I am in no position to make any calls on whether that was in fact the case. I find his current silence somewhat unnerving, but I also expected it. I have been finding some comfort elsewhere, to quote a line from Gone With The Wind. It is up to him what he does. I would like to hope that he may consider recording another solo album of original material.

Trying to return to the topic for me the Eagles have gone as far as they can go as a live act. That's the only reason why I thought perhaps they could bring back some Glenn & Don solo songs to add variety. The fact is that I enjoyed the previous tours I saw, which featured those songs, more than HOTE, where the over-emphasis on Joe's songs finally seemed to me to glaringly expose their limited catalogue.

I'm sorry for the rant but I suppose this has addressed a couple of sore points with me.

WalshFan88
09-24-2015, 11:51 PM
After reading that Henley interview I posted in the press thread, I do worry about the band calling it quits in the future.

My thought is the band will stop long before the quality decreases even by one percent. If they can't do it at 100 percent (in their minds) anymore, they will stop, the perfectionists they are. They wouldn't tolerate doing a 95 percent perfect show. Unfortunately for us, that means they aren't doing it anymore but I feel that when Glenn and/or Don feel it's too hard, or they can't do it at the level they did or want to, they will call it quits. But I don't see them going out and doing it over and over night after night not being able to reach their high standards of performance. There is also the boredom factor. I don't think the band fighting thing is much of an issue anymore but if it was, that's another element. Maybe they'll stick to occasional shows or 1 hour show three night residencies in Vegas or whatever, but the full world tour and 3 hour concert thing is probably in the rear view mirror at this point from what I gather.

Who knows, they'll probably be a new tour announced tomorrow. lol

Funk 50
09-25-2015, 04:37 AM
My thought is the band will stop long before the quality decreases even by one percent. If they can't do it at 100 percent (in their minds) anymore, they will stop, the perfectionists they are. They wouldn't tolerate doing a 95 percent perfect show.The Eagles are already less than 100%. They are lowering keys and changing arrangements to counter it.

When the Eagles split in 1981, Henley found a new partner in Kootch. Glenn teamed up with Jack Tempchin. When Hell Froze Over we were all looking forward to Glenn and Don writing resuming as a songwriting team again.

To me the Eagles are a meticulous band, put together to perform those wonderful Henley/Frey songs. Well imho, since HFO, the Henley/Frey writing team hasn't flourished at all. Henley's probably written more songs with Smith and Lynch, than he has with Frey. Remember, they used to be listed alongside Lennon & McCartney and Jagger & Richards etc.

The fact that we've got a thread about "Bringing Back Solo Songs" is ample evidence that the Henley/Frey writing team aren't firing.

I'm sure Glenn will be delighted that Don's made a great album but I want him to mobilise the band in a few months, determined to make a better one.
If they can't write then bring back the solo tracks, including a track or two off Cass County. It'd be entertaining having Glenn, Don and Tim being Merle, Dolly, and Mick et al. :smile:

Freypower
09-25-2015, 07:09 PM
When the Eagles split in 1981, Henley found a new partner in Kootch. Glenn teamed up with Jack Tempchin. When Hell Froze Over we were all looking forward to Glenn and Don writing resuming as a songwriting team again.

To me the Eagles are a meticulous band, put together to perform those wonderful Henley/Frey songs. Well imho, since HFO, the Henley/Frey writing team hasn't flourished at all. Henley's probably written more songs with Smith and Lynch, than he has with Frey. Remember, they used to be listed alongside Lennon & McCartney and Jagger & Richards etc.

The fact that we've got a thread about "Bringing Back Solo Songs" is ample evidence that the Henley/Frey writing team aren't firing.

I'm sure Glenn will be delighted that Don's made a great album but I want him to mobilise the band in a few months, determined to make a better one.
If they can't write then bring back the solo tracks, including a track or two off Cass County. It'd be entertaining having Glenn, Don and Tim being Merle, Dolly, and Mick et al. :smile:

You exaggerate when you say the Eagles were 'put together to perform H/F songs'. H/F didn't even start wrting together until the second album. They are not on the same level as the other duos you mentioned, precisely for the reason you mentioned. They haven't written enough songs together to qualify. Most of them have been with a collaborator. To be fair they did 'write' a couple of tracks together for LROOE, or at least they put both their names on a couple of tracks.

We have no idea what Glenn's thoughts are on making a new Eagles album. My guess is he has no desire to do so.

09-26-2015, 12:33 PM
UTW, you say the songs you mention give Glenn a greater workload. Well, that's what he needs. In HOTE, for me, when he wasn't singing lead he didn't seem to do very much. He was the most subdued & underused I have ever seen him, and after the joys of AH (which spoiled me, I know) I found that hard to take.

FP - It totally baffles me that you think Glenn is underused in the HotE tour. He sings lead on approximately 1/3 of the songs in the set list, emcees the show (including co-narrating the beginning set and handling the band intro duties), is featured alone in the Already Gone video, and is featured heavily on many of Joe's songs. I'm not sure what level of participation from Glenn it would've taken to have made you happy. This is not a Glenn solo tour after all - he is sharing duties and the spotlight with 3 (4 including Bernie) other band members - and rightfully so, IMHO. :confused:

Freypower
09-26-2015, 10:19 PM
FP - It totally baffles me that you think Glenn is underused in the HotE tour. He sings lead on approximately 1/3 of the songs in the set list, emcees the show (including co-narrating the beginning set and handling the band intro duties), is featured alone in the Already Gone video, and is featured heavily on many of Joe's songs. I'm not sure what level of participation from Glenn it would've taken to have made you happy. This is not a Glenn solo tour after all - he is sharing duties and the spotlight with 3 (4 including Bernie) other band members - and rightfully so, IMHO. :confused:

I know all that. I don't know how to explain it any better than I have done.

09-27-2015, 12:08 PM
Well - For me personally, as much as I love Glenn, when I go to an Eagles show, I want to see a band effort. I don't want any one member dominating, which was the complaint many of us have with the HFO DVD. Just sayin'.

Anyway, sorry to take this thread off topic.

Freypower
09-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Well - For me personally, as much as I love Glenn, when I go to an Eagles show, I want to see a band effort. I don't want any one member dominating, which was the complaint many of us have with the HFO DVD. Just sayin'.

Anyway, sorry to take this thread off topic.

I didn't want him to dominate. As I said I can't explain what I thought was wrong any better than saying I thought he was below his best & less involved than he had been on previous tours.

Funk 50
09-28-2015, 07:12 AM
Since HFO, the most solo tracks I've seen live, are strangely enough, Timothy's . Without the Eagles adding solo songs to their set list, I'd never get the chance to hear them, here in the U.K. I've little hope of that situation changing.

As I grew up with them, the solo tracks have far more relevance to me than the ancient Eagles hits. I guess whatever the Eagles are currently playing, is what dictates how relevant tracks are. Don's, Cass County is in vogue right now. I'd want to hear Cass County tracks played during the next UK Eagles tour.

I'm really warming to the idea of an Eagles 2K Tour. All the tracks played, barring the encore, being released since 2,000. It'd turn them back into a real band again. They've become slaves to their back catalogue.

Midnight Visitor
09-28-2015, 12:35 PM
I'd have to say that the HOTE shows were my favorite. I was soooo happy they got rid of the horn section. I never understood what horns had to do with the Eagles. Luckily they knew the horns were not part of their history.

I also love that Bernie was along and of course I loved how well they used Joe on the HOTE tour. The more Joe songs the better. The documentary made it very clear how much Glenn enjoyed Joe's solo work. If you watch Don & Glenn when they go into a Joe song they always have the biggest smiles on their faces.