PDA

View Full Version : Sat Sept 19 2015 - Live at Caesars Windsor Ontario

Funk 50
09-21-2015, 02:50 PM
Same set list as the previous night. I.L.B.T.'s was again the encore. He must've felt that he needed a break from Turn To Stone and All Night Long. Meadows seems to have fallen out of favour too.

Sat 19 Sept 2015
Windsor, Ontario

1 Walk Away
2 Life Of Illusion
3 Over And Over
4 Analog Man
5 In The City
6 Pretty Maids All In A Row
7 Mother Says
8 Shadows
9 The Bomber
10 Rocky Mountain Way
11 Funk #49
12 Life's Been Good
13 Life In The Fast Lane
encore
14 I.L.B.T.'s

Michael Wilson has uploaded some vids on to YouTube;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZUso_TyPHkIiNPQw6Hq3zw

sodascouts
09-21-2015, 09:39 PM
Shame about "Meadows" - that's another one I like.

Thanks for the setlist and link.

WalshFan88
09-22-2015, 02:43 AM
I love that setlist.

I think ILBTs bring some fun to a live show and I must say I love the video on the screen behind Joe on the clips I've seen on YouTube. :heybaby:

Funk 50
09-22-2015, 03:52 AM
It's only two songs after mega funfest, Life's Been Good WalshFan88.

I think I.L.B.T.'s (I see it has it's own emoticon; :rockon:) is a rotten song to end the show with, unless Joe wants to ease the rush to the exits. :shrug:

Brooke
09-22-2015, 10:15 AM
I'm just disgusted that Joe continues to do this song! It might have been funny back in the day, but good grief, he's a grown, OLDER man! He has so many other songs he could do!

Funk 50
09-22-2015, 12:43 PM
I'm not sure whether to post these photos here or on the Walsh pics page.

But anyway, here they are, from AM580 Motor City Favorites Radio via L&M's Eagles page. :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153023700301714.1073741855.38800061713&type=3

Freypower
09-22-2015, 07:12 PM
It's fine to post photos from a particular show in that show's concert thread. Those are good ones, I must say.

WalshFan88
09-22-2015, 11:01 PM
It's only two songs after mega funfest, Life's Been Good WalshFan88.

I think I.L.B.T.'s (I see it has it's own emoticon; :rockon:) is a rotten song to end the show with, unless Joe wants to ease the rush to the exits. :shrug:

I agree on that it shouldn't be the ending song....however - I think he should play it. I know I was excited he brought it back for the Analog Man tour.

He should end with LBG or TTS.

Freypower
09-23-2015, 12:56 AM
I agree on that it shouldn't be the ending song....however - I think he should play it. I know I was excited he brought it back for the Analog Man tour.

He should end with LBG or TTS.

Why should he play it? You make it sound as if it's one of the highlights of his career, rather than what it actually is, which is to be very kind, a throwaway novelty. There are other things I could say about it, but won't. He should play this rather than decent songs like At The Station or Rosewood Bitters or Band Played On or.... anything, really?

WalshFan88
09-23-2015, 08:48 PM
Why should he play it? You make it sound as if it's one of the highlights of his career, rather than what it actually is, which is to be very kind, a throwaway novelty. There are other things I could say about it, but won't. He should play this rather than decent songs like At The Station or Rosewood Bitters or Band Played On or.... anything, really?

I think it goes over well with a live crowd and is a fun song...

I guess I shouldn't say anymore but I'm not prudish about a funny song being played.

I can only speak for myself but when it comes to Joe's solo stuff, those songs you mentioned don't do much for me. Neither does The Confessor, which I know everyone loves. I guess I'm saying everyone has different tastes even for the same artist.

I like the rockers (RMW, LBG, TTS, etc) and the "funny upbeat songs" (ILBTs, OAG, ANLMB, etc". A lot of the acoustic-y or ballady type stuff doesn't to much for me like PMAIAR or HMTTN or other songs like that).

Now to clarify, by funny I mean just that, they make me laugh. I don't mean it in a demeaning way.

sodascouts
09-23-2015, 09:02 PM
If he ended with TTS, it would bring the house down. I doubt ILBTs does that, but I respect your right to disagree on whether or not it should be played, Austin. Everyone has different tastes.

WalshFan88
09-23-2015, 09:58 PM
If he ended with TTS, it would bring the house down. I doubt ILBTs does that, but I respect your right to disagree on whether or not it should be played, Austin. Everyone has different tastes.

I still say he shouldn't end with ILBTS though...just have it somewhere in the set.

TTS, RMW, or LBG would be good closers I think.

Freypower
09-23-2015, 10:25 PM
I think it goes over well with a live crowd and is a fun song...

I guess I shouldn't say anymore but I'm not prudish about a funny song being played.

I can only speak for myself but when it comes to Joe's solo stuff, those songs you mentioned don't do much for me. Neither does The Confessor, which I know everyone loves. I guess I'm saying everyone has different tastes even for the same artist.

I like the rockers (RMW, LBG, TTS, etc) and the "funny upbeat songs" (ILBTs, OAG, ANLMB, etc". A lot of the acoustic-y or ballady type stuff doesn't to much for me like PMAIAR or HMTTN or other songs like that).

Now to clarify, by funny I mean just that, they make me laugh. I don't mean it in a demeaning way.

I'm not prudish about ILBTs. I know what you mean. I listen to it on iTunes & I actually don't dislike it that much. It's just that there are other funny songs, even something like Fishbone, which may work better in this day & age.