PDA

View Full Version : Don will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight.

shunlvswx
09-21-2015, 10:18 PM
Another busy day for Don. He will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert tonight on CBS at 11:35pm Eastern/10:35pm.

AlreadyGone95
09-21-2015, 10:56 PM
I won't be able to watch the show on tv. Hopefully the video will be available online not long after the show!

shunlvswx
09-21-2015, 11:02 PM
Can you spot Don?

https://instagram.com/p/76j28XzN_a/?tagged=mauricemobettabrown

alexandranick
09-21-2015, 11:03 PM
where can I watch this show online?

AlreadyGone95
09-21-2015, 11:06 PM
where can I watch this show online?

The tv station (CBS) should post the show a few hours after it airs. It'll be on on the east coast of the states in about 30 minutes.

AlreadyGone95
09-21-2015, 11:06 PM
Can you spot Don?

https://instagram.com/p/76j28XzN_a/?tagged=mauricemobettabrown

Dead center with the brown jacket.

alexandranick
09-21-2015, 11:15 PM
The tv station (CBS) should post the show a few hours after it airs. It'll be on on the east coast of the states in about 30 minutes.

Thank you!

shunlvswx
09-22-2015, 12:35 AM
Don sang Too Much Pride. One of my favorites from the album.

He's wearing a black suit, vest and black polka dot shirt. He looked nice.

He brought up Donald Trump twice in the story, but that's another story.

sodascouts
09-22-2015, 12:50 AM
Another one saved on the DVR. I love all the promotion he's doing!

shunlvswx
09-22-2015, 01:04 AM
A few screencaps I took on my phone.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/shunlvswx/image_5.jpeg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/shunlvswx/image_6.jpeg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/shunlvswx/image_2.jpeg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v357/shunlvswx/image_7.jpeg

AlreadyGone95
09-22-2015, 01:10 AM
Love the screen caps Shun! Thanks!

My uncle just made my day (actually week). He sent me a text. "I know that you couldn't watch Don Henley on the show tonight, so I recorded it for you. You can watch it tomorrow at my house". :D

shunlvswx
09-22-2015, 01:17 AM
He also sung a little of New York Minute before they ended the show. I think I heard its going to be on CBS website soon. I will check later.

Funk 50
09-22-2015, 05:22 AM
Too Much Pride was one of the few songs on Cass County that I wasn't fond of.

I loved the live performance with added Trump appeal. Trump was announced as a guest on the tomorrow's Colbert show. :-P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CslgPde2xNU

New York Minute is still a great song;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1MnWV6CTGM

L101
09-22-2015, 05:42 AM
Thanks for all the info Shun and for the YouTube links F50. Just wish he sang a different song from CC like Younger Man or TITD .... don't like Too Much Pride, it's just not a Don song even with the added Trump appeal ;-).

But NYM - still as good as ever....

DivineDon
09-22-2015, 06:08 AM
Thanks, Funk - you're a star!!! I actually love Too much Pride 'cos I love the Ray Charles feel to it - maybe I'm in the minority???

Anyway, Don was in top form and loved the not so subtle digs at Mr. Vanity ;-)

Funk 50
09-22-2015, 07:29 AM
Thanks for all the info Shun and for the YouTube links F50. Just wish he sang a different song from CC like Younger Man or TITD .... don't like Too Much Pride, it's just not a Don song even with the added Trump appeal ;-).

But NYM - still as good as ever....

I'm not keen on Too Much Pride, Lacken101 but I'm delighted that Don was able to deliver such a fabulous public dig at D.T. :smile:

shunlvswx
09-22-2015, 08:01 AM
As I was listening to both performance. Don was definitely struggling.
I watched New York Minute. It was a good performance, but it Sounded like something was wrong with Don's voice. He was struggling a little. You could tell. He didn't even hit the high note at the end. Poor guy. I hope he can rest his voice until the tour.

Great performances.

DivineDon
09-22-2015, 09:58 AM
He was definitely struggling on NYM - not surprising really given all the interviews and promotions he's doing but you need to rest, Don!!! :heart:

Brooke
09-22-2015, 10:29 AM
Ooh, can't wait to see this! Thanks shun! Again! :thumbsup:

shunlvswx
09-22-2015, 10:39 AM
He has a radio interview on Thursday, but that's it for this week. It will probably pick up again after the album comes out on Friday. But he definitely he needs to rest his voice. He has a week before his tour starts. He doesn't need to be hoarse before the tour starts.

Don did say if he talks too much, he will be hoarse and that's what happened last night. His voice was probably still tired from Sunday and he probably didn't rest it. Then he also said last night. Their are days when I can hit the high notes and their are days when he can't. Last night he couldn't hit his famous high note at the end of NYM. I was waiting to see if he was going to hit it since he sounded hoarse and struggling. Sure enough he didn't hit that note. He hold back which I'm glad he did because we don't want him to damage his vocal cords before the tour starts. He was struggling with Too Much Pride. He still did good even though he was struggling.

Funk 50
09-22-2015, 12:58 PM
As I was listening to both performance. Don was definitely struggling.
I watched New York Minute. It was a good performance, but it Sounded like something was wrong with Don's voice. He was struggling a little. You could tell. He didn't even hit the high note at the end. Poor guy. I hope he can rest his voice until the tour.

Great performances.

Too Much Pride : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CslgPde2xNU

New York Minute : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1MnWV6CTGM

I remember Don went to some considerable lengths to prove, to some, high profile doubters, who couldn't believe it, that he was indeed, hitting all the high notes during the Hell Freezes Over tour, 20 years ago.

His voice is still in pretty good shape considering he's almost 70. New York Minute was tough for most singers, even when Don first sang it, over 25 years ago.

AlreadyGone95
09-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Thanks, Funk - you're a star!!! I actually love Too much Pride 'cos I love the Ray Charles feel to it - maybe I'm in the minority???

Anyway, Don was in top form and loved the not so subtle digs at Mr. Vanity ;-)

DD, can I join your minority? I like the song, and I love the music!

As for the digs at a certain president nominee, I applaud Don for them!

Funk 50
09-22-2015, 02:45 PM
Don's performance on the Colbert show has caused a welcome ripple;

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/see-don-henley-lambaste-donald-trump-in-colbert-performance-20150922

AlreadyGone95
09-22-2015, 02:54 PM
I'm not at all surprised that Don's digs at Donald Trump would stir the pot, especially with Trump being the main GOP candidate who's in the news and the forerunner of the Republican party. I don't know how American politics are covered on the news outside of the states, but every day I see Trump's face on the news. Considering how much controversy he's caused and his arrogant "I'm invincible and can get away with saying or doing anything" attitude, I'm glad to see that someone who the gall (or the balls) to dish it back to him!

jms18222
09-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Not a fan of Too Much Pride.

Polka dots on Don Henley, who would have thought!

shunlvswx
09-22-2015, 05:11 PM
The shirt was all black with white polka dots. The suit looked like what he had on in one of the article. The picture where he's still standing with his hands on his jacket.

AlreadyGone95
09-22-2015, 05:15 PM
The shirt was all black shirt with white polka dots. The suit looked like what he had on in one of the article. The picture where he's still standing with his hands on his jacket.

In the first photo you posted, I swear that his jacket looked brown to me.

The polka dots were very subtle.

Lilah
09-22-2015, 06:10 PM
I thought he looked amazing, but I wish he'd left off the chains. Too "Daddy Warbucks\Colonel Sanders" looking for me. Just my thinking.

jms18222
09-22-2015, 10:44 PM
It seemed a bit too "steam punk" given the fact he s 68. The hair...no...no...please no.
Looked like he wasn't wearing his scruffy redwings either.

Maleah
09-22-2015, 11:36 PM
Love the fact that Don is actually doing some promo stuff for this album! I kind of figured he'd just release it silently but I've been pleasantly surprised. I have to agree on the chains on the outfit. Every time I caught a glimpse of them, I kept thinking he was wearing his pants hoisted up high. LOL!

I'm undecided on the song. This was the first time I had heard it and I kind of liked the style of it, but as has been mentioned, Don did struggle a bit so I couldn't really decide. He kept doing this falsetto type vibrato that was kind of throwing me off. I'll have to check it out on the cd and then I'm sure I'll love it.

As for the Trump comments....I'd just say two things.... #1. Even though I'm not a Trump fan...I could have done without it. Ironically enough, when he first said the "Donald" comment....I thought perhaps he was talking about himself! ;) #2. I hate political season.

All in all, even though it may not have been his BEST performance, I still thought he did well and looked good! I hope to see him getting out and about more with this album!

Brooke
09-23-2015, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't have called the dots on his shirt 'polka dots' at all. Polka dots are larger dots, like a half inch or more in diameter. I would call these more like 'pin dots' and I thought he looked great. The chains could go though.

As far as the song, I don't like the vibrato either. The song would be better without it and I think he over did it. I hope it's not like that on the cd. We'll see!

L101
09-23-2015, 06:44 PM
I thought he looked great in the spotted shirt as well -although I do agree with the chains - they should go!! He's going too far away from his own style with those chains and it doesn't look right on him.

I do love the brown boots that he's wearing lately, they make a nice change to those other boots he always wears, which I think, are older than me :grin:

Regarding the song, I listened to it again on the NPR first listen page, and while its still not a favourite, it was better than the Late show version - I think that was just over-done, especially with the Late Show in-house band thrown into the mix......

jms18222
09-23-2015, 08:26 PM
Love the fact that Don is actually doing some promo stuff for this album! I kind of figured he'd just release it silently but I've been pleasantly surprised. I have to agree on the chains on the outfit. Every time I caught a glimpse of them, I kept thinking he was wearing his pants hoisted up high. LOL!

I'm undecided on the song. This was the first time I had heard it and I kind of liked the style of it, but as has been mentioned, Don did struggle a bit so I couldn't really decide. He kept doing this falsetto type vibrato that was kind of throwing me off. I'll have to check it out on the cd and then I'm sure I'll love it.

As for the Trump comments....I'd just say two things.... #1. Even though I'm not a Trump fan...I could have done without it. Ironically enough, when he first said the "Donald" comment....I thought perhaps he was talking about himself! ;) #2. I hate political season.

All in all, even though it may not have been his BEST performance, I still thought he did well and looked good! I hope to see him getting out and about more with this album!

I agree with you 100%. I am not for or against anybody at this point. I was ok with the 1st "Donald" reference but the 2nd reference came off as preachy. Hey everybody is entitled to their opinions.

sodascouts
09-23-2015, 08:30 PM
I love seeing Don on my TV but yeah, I have to agree with Maleah, jms, et al. He was still enjoyable, though!