PDA

View Full Version : Hampton Beach, NH - Oct. 10, 2015

sodascouts
10-10-2015, 10:50 PM
My sister and I just got back to the hotel. Joe rocked as I knew he would! She took a few photos and videos which I will share with you once she gets them to me.

The show did not disappoint, although the venue was rather unimpressive. To my delight, we got TTS and PMAIAR. To my dismay, we also got ILBTs. Joe intro'd it by saying he was doing it for breast cancer month and his wife had survived breast cancer. That's wonderful, but I still can't pretend to like that sucky song. I nabbed a setlist after the show, and saw that they had planned to play LITFL but had apparently changed to ILBTs for the encore at the last minute. Ah well.

Still a great show and my sister, who was not even a casual fan, really enjoyed herself.

Fun night!

Jonny Come Lately
10-11-2015, 03:34 AM
Glad to hear you had such a good time soda. :rockguitar:

I was pleased to hear that PMAIAR was on the setlist. It's one of those songs that resonates years after it was written. I think that generally having a couple of mellower/acoustic songs is a good idea in a show with plenty of hard rockers (when I went to see Neil Young in 2014, in a show made of predominantly of Crazy Horse rockers, the acoustic Heart Of Gold still stood as one of my highlights).

Shame about getting ILBTs (I'm with you on that song - that sort of humour is a bit puerile for my liking) rather than LITFL, but you can't have everything...

Ive always been a dreamer
10-11-2015, 01:56 PM
Soda - Glad you and Sis enjoyed the show. I so wish I could have been there with you, but, my niece's wedding was very special. I'm so happy your Sis was able to stand in for me and hope she has a new appreciation for the master blaster of the stratocaster. :applause: :rockon:

AlreadyGone95
10-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Glad that you enjoyed the show Soda. I guess ILBTs isn't going away. (Though the reason for playing it is a nice one). From the live versions I've watched in youtube, I think that Joe does a pretty good version of LITFL. At least you got 2 amazing songs and only one that you don't like. :)

sodascouts
10-11-2015, 04:31 PM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/newengland2015/HamptonSetlistSharp.jpg

Above is the setlist with LITFL. I got it from a roadie.

I enjoyed the show, but I was saddened that he has apparently dropped some of the rarities that were, for me, a reason to travel to see a show.

Great to see Joe Vitale on one of the drum kits!

BTW, this cute caricature was hanging from a nearby boardwalk sign:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/newengland2015/HamptonBeachJoeCaricatureDetail.jpg

AlreadyGone95
10-11-2015, 08:57 PM
That's a good and cool looking caricature. It fits Joe well.