PDA

View Full Version : Beacon Theatre, NY, NY - Nov. 2, 2015

ktdids
11-03-2015, 03:35 AM
Just got home from the show and wanted to post the set list.

Seven Bridges Road
No, Thank You
New York Minute
Praying For Rain
That Old Flame
End of the Innocence
Everybody's Famous
I Put a Spell on You
Burn Down the Cornfield
Heart of the Matter
Dirty Laundry
Take a Picture of This
Words Can Break Your Heart
Last Worthless Evening
When I Stop Dreaming
The Cost of Living
Bramble Rose
It Don't Matter to the Sun
Too Much Pride
Everybody Wants to Rule the World
Where I am Now

Encores:
Boys of Summer
Train in the Distance
Shangri-la
All She Wants to do is Dance

Some quick things to note:
It was my very first Don Solo show!
Don was a little raspy at the start, struggled a little through NYM, got better as he went along.
He sounded great on the newer material, and Burn the Cornfield Down was a treat to hear!
Loved hearing the horns that were brought in for a couple of the songs, and I was shocked that he did Shangri-La as one of the encores! I think most everyone was as well!
It Don't Matter to the Sun was done as a group song and was great!
Really impressed by the back up singers, they all had great voices and I couldn't help but think it was kind of like Don's own talent show with this roster of different voices to showcase.

Brooke
11-03-2015, 10:46 AM
Thank you kt! Sounds great!

Shangri-la as an encore? There are many other songs I would have picked, but whatever! :shock:

SallyGee
11-04-2015, 08:39 PM
Loved the show! My first Don solo show also. I love his new album, so it was great to hear so many of the songs live. He was also very chatty, which I loved. He seemed very nice to the young girls singing back up. Very encouraging. The only bad thing was we had to leave during The encore because we had to catch a train home. Missed Shangri la and All She Wants to Do Is Dance. I was surprised he played so late. Every other show I've been to at the Beacon always ended at 11:00. When I saw that someone was opening for him, I was afraid he wasn't going to play as long, but he played for 2 1/2 hours without a break!

sodascouts
11-04-2015, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the reviews!

I hope you don't mind - I moved them to their own thread.

alexandranick
11-05-2015, 04:38 AM
thank you !

Brooke
11-05-2015, 11:07 AM
SG, thanks for your thoughts! Glad you enjoyed it!

sodascouts
11-09-2015, 01:01 AM
BTW I'm surprised he did "Everybody's Famous" - I don't think he's done that at any other show.

As for "Shangri-La" - well, I made my thoughts known on that elsewhere, lol.

Glad you liked it, though!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-09-2015, 01:34 AM
Thanks for the reviews ktdids and SallyGee. Glad you both enjoyed yourselves at your first Don solo show. Don solo virgins no more! :wink: :grin:

Roey
11-14-2015, 08:35 PM
Sorry t.his is a little late. The previous reviews were spot on. It took a couple of songs for don's voice to warm up. At the end, he didn't seem to want the concert to end. The 3 female backup singers were fantastic. Will Hollis was introduced as band director and Scottie Crago was on drums. Don praised Stueart Smith as a great friend and musician and to whom he owes a lot.

This was the first anything Eagles concert for 2 of my nieces. They enjoyed it and commented how nice it was to sit and listen to the music. Disappointed that I didn't meet any other borders. Hopefully there will be a next time.