PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Frey Online turns 10!

sodascouts
11-06-2015, 08:06 PM
Now of course, the most important birthday today is the man himself! However, I did want to note something else before the day is through.

10 years ago today, on Glenn's birthday in 2005, I officially opened my first Eagles-related site, Glenn Frey Online (http://www.glennfreyonline.com).

At the time, there was only one other site dedicated solely to Glenn Frey on the internet, and it had been inactive a long while. I had just become a fan a few months prior, I had experience making fansites, and I saw a gap that needed filling!

GFO started out very simply - no message board, no sister sites, no EaglesOnlineCentral (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com). It was nothing but a discography, lyric pages, photo pages, a biography, and a few wallpapers. However, I worked on it almost constantly back then (I was a graduate student and it was my stress release from dissertation writing), and it grew and grew and grew.

While I don't update the site like I should now that I'm on a college faculty, the site is still truckin' along, even after all these years.

Making GFO has led to some of the greatest moments in my life! Thanks, everyone!

And thanks, GLENN FREY!

Freypower
11-06-2015, 08:12 PM
And thank you Soda from us all. Those of us who have been around from the start are very grateful & proud to have contributed to all your dedication & hard work.:soda::cheers::grouphug:

shunlvswx
11-06-2015, 08:23 PM
Happy 10th Birthday to GFO. The father of all the boards you put up for the Eagles.

AlreadyGone95
11-06-2015, 08:51 PM
Congrats on 10 years of GFO, Soda! :)

Happy birthday, GFO!

LuvTim
11-06-2015, 09:20 PM
Awesome work, Soda!

NOLA
11-06-2015, 11:30 PM
Congrats, Soda, on your decade milestone of GFO! :applause::thumbsup:

Glennsallnighter
11-07-2015, 05:04 AM
As someone who found Glenn Frey online in November 2006, let me just say how much I have enjoyed the last 9 years. What wonderful dedication Soda has to her sites. This is the best and most comprehensive Eagles fansite available today - thank you so much Soda for enriching my life in the way that you have. And the personal friendships I have made as a result of these sites are second to none!

Tiffanny Twisted
11-07-2015, 09:17 PM
Thanks soda
One of your great accomplishments

L101
11-07-2015, 09:50 PM
Brilliant work Soda - here's to the next ten years !! :rockon::smile:

sodascouts
11-07-2015, 09:57 PM
Thanks, guys!

Ive always been a dreamer
11-07-2015, 10:30 PM
HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY GLENN FREY ONLINE!!!

Wow! It's almost impossible to think the site is now a decade old. The time has flown by for sure. Many of you already know this story, but I am going to repeat it for such a momentous occasion. I have been a huge Eagles fan from the band's beginning and had mostly shared my love equally between Glenn and Don. However, just a couple of weeks before GFO opened, I had attended the Eagles concert in Oakland, CA where Glenn stole my heart and 'chose' me forever. So right in the middle of my new obsession with him, I was elated to learn Soda had made a fansite for him. Not too long after that, she started Flip City, which was the very small private message board predecessor to The Border. And as they say - the rest is history. It has been great being along for the ride and these sites have literally changed my life too. There's no way I would have ever figured when I got a PM from Soda in November, 2005 wanting to meet up at the Sacramento show that we'd still be doing this ten years later. And BTW -for the record, I still love Don, too. And Joe. And Timothy. :heart::heart::heart::heart:

Congratulation, Nancy! You have a lot to be proud of with all of the sites, but, like you, Glenn Frey Online is also special to me since it was the beginning of all of this.