PDA

View Full Version : Eagles on CMT

Brooke
10-31-2007, 03:54 PM
Just caught this off the CMT site:

http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/cmt_insider/126773/episode_about.jhtml

I especially liked this part:

We'll have a special interview with legendary band, the Eagles, who'll be performing on this year's show, :yay:

EasyFeeling
11-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Wow, could this be another show with the Eagles and Keith? :D

Brooke
11-01-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't know, EF. Keith wasn't mentioned, but you never know!

I'll be trying to set my dvd recorder!

Perfect Little Sister
11-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Update on the Eagles on CMT.

(posted)November 2, 2007 – Eagles on CMT Insider

There will be an Eagles segment on CMT Insider this Saturday (2PM ET/PT, 1PM CT and noon MT). It will replay Sunday (11AM ET/PT, 10AM CT, 9AM MT).

(copied from the official Eagles site)

rcknalwys
11-03-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the heads up, I've got it on and ready to go.

sodascouts
11-03-2007, 01:12 PM
Me too! Watchin' the Countdown.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-03-2007, 03:53 PM
Now - this is totally cool. I'm taping the show and not only did I just watch the awesome segment about the band appearance on the show Wednesday night, but I saw my uncle on the show as well. You see, my uncle, Mack Magaha, was a Wagonmaster - he was the fiddle player in Porter Wagoner's band for years. For those of you who aren't familiar with Porter, he was a well-respected country star who was at the height of his popularity during the 1950's and early '60s. He was one of the first country music stars to have his own television show. In his later years, he was the master of ceremonies at the Grand Ole Opry. In spite of all of his success, however, he is probably best known as the guy who gave Dolly Parton her big break. Porter discovered Dolly and she join his television show back in the 60s. Anyway, Porter lost his battle with lung cancer last Sunday, so there is a tribute to Porter at the beginning of the show. My Uncle Mack is the short guy right behind Porter in the first segment.

Molly
11-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Very cool, Kay!

sodascouts
11-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I uploaded the segment for those who missed it:

Download as .mpg (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/multimedia/clips/CMTInsider2007.mpg)

Download as .wmv (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/multimedia/clips/CMTInsider2007.wmv)

sodascouts
11-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Dreamer, is that your uncle in the middle?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/kaysuncle.jpg

11-03-2007, 04:34 PM
Oh - so cool. Yep - that is Uncle Mack in the middle. Thanks so much for posting that, Soda.

Molly
11-03-2007, 05:37 PM
Wow, Kay! Not only is that cool -it's impressive!! http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_1_7v1-1.gif

Brooke
11-03-2007, 08:45 PM
That is cool, dreamer! My Mom & Dad loved Porter Wagoner. I actually got to see him and Dolly Parton back in the late 60's at the Missouri State Fair. Of course we were way back in the stands and my Dad and his friend would barely let us look through the binoculars because they had them on Dolly at all times! :roll: That was before she got skinny!

Thanks for putting up the show Soda! I was gone today and forgot all about it! :D

EasyFeeling
11-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Downloading now... thanks, Soda. :D
How cool, Dreamer. :D

11-04-2007, 12:35 PM
Thanks guys - I know it's probably silly, but I was very excited at the thought of having a tape of my uncle on the same show as the Eagles.

And Molly, it does seem that we are easily impressed here lately, but this is very impressive, isn't it? :wink: :wink:

(For those of you who missed it - the inside joke started in the chat party the other night. We had a discussion about things that we thought were 'impressive".) :D :D

EasyFeeling
11-04-2007, 01:17 PM
Ummm... may I ask what kind of things you were talking about? :twisted:

Molly
11-04-2007, 08:38 PM
EF -if you look closely, you may get a clue from my avatar.
It's Glenn's athletic ability in the photo that has us impressed, of course. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_18_51.gif

Shame on you, Michaela, for what you were thinking! :shock: :D

EasyFeeling
11-05-2007, 03:46 AM
It's Glenn's athletic ability in the photo that has us impressed, of course.

Of course! :twisted: I better don't look closely at your avatar. :twisted: Otherwise I'm not able to concentrate on work. :wink:

Mrs Frey
11-05-2007, 06:57 AM
EF -if you look closely, you may get a clue from my avatar.
It's Glenn's athletic ability in the photo that has us impressed, of course. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_18_51.gif

Shame on you, Michaela, for what you were thinking! :shock: :D

Molly, I admit that I've also noticed something rather interesting about your avatar, but didn't want to say anything before... :blush: :blush: :blush:

Oh my gosh, we are bad girls! What will Glenn :heart: think of us? We need to behave ourselves on the eve of his birthday :blush: :blush: :blush: :wink:.

Perfect Little Sister
11-05-2007, 01:35 PM
MF...do you really think a man turning 59 would be upset that women find him sexy? :P

Mrs Frey
11-06-2007, 06:31 AM
No, PLS, I don't think Glenn :heart: would be upset at all! A little embarrassed, maybe, but upset? Never. I think he would be very flattered. It was just my conservative side kicking in there... :blush:

But I will declare unashamedly now that even though I'm 28 years younger than him, I find him irresistably sexy. And hot. And gorgeous. :inlove:

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 04:26 AM
OK, who will tape the 60 minutes on CMT? If it's possible can I have a copy, please?

Here is the TV schedule for next week:

http://www.cmt.com/shows/schedule/?seriesId=24502

Glennsallnighter
02-05-2008, 05:30 AM
I don't think we have that station over here but I will have a look and see. If so I will try to record at least one of the shows on disc and can hopefully copy it from there.

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't think we have that station over here but I will have a look and see. If so I will try to record at least one of the shows on disc and can hopefully copy it from there.

Me neither. Our friends in America have it and hopefully someone will be able to tape it. Maybe Brooke, if she knows meanwhile how to tape with her recorder. :P

Brooke
02-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I will definitely get it on VCR tape, but my dvd will not record for some reason.

I can then send it to Soda and she can convert it to dvd for you all. :D

EasyFeeling
02-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Good idea, Brooke. Thanks! :D :D

Mrs Frey
02-06-2008, 04:19 AM
Thank you, Brooke - you're very kind. :hug:

Brooke
02-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Is there anyone that could record it on dvd to begin with? It would be better quality.

katherine5832
02-06-2008, 11:59 PM
OK, who will tape the 60 minutes on CMT? If it's possible can I have a copy, please?

Here is the TV schedule for next week:

http://www.cmt.com/shows/schedule/?seriesId=24502

Thanks for the info EF! Not only did I find the schedule at this link, but your link led me to some great videos from The Long Run era that I've never seen before.
http://www.cmt.com/artists/az/eagles/videos.jhtml

I had seen bits of The Long Run, but the quality of the videos were always so poor that I could never stand to watch the whole thing. But the quality on this site is awesome. I Can't Tell You Why and In the City are also included. All three of these were taped in the studio.

Highlights: Some major Glenn chest action in The Long Run (open to the 4th button! :shock: ), a little bit of Don chest action in the beginning of I Can't Tell You Why, some great Don drumming grimaces in The Long Run and In the City :smitten:, some beautiful smiles from all of them and a certain playfulness in The Long Run that is nice to see considering all the stuff we always hear about during that contentious time in the band.

I just wanted to pass this along in case I'm not the last person on the board to see these great videos. BTW, there are videos from HFO, FT1, and LROOE here too, but since I've seen them all, I wasn't as geeked about those as I was about the LR videos.

Enjoy!

Mrs Frey
02-07-2008, 02:32 AM
Thank you for this link, Katherine! I hope I get a chance to watch the videos soon. I've seen the "Long Run" videos, and I know exactly what you mean about the Glenn :heart: "chest action" (I love that!). I have trouble containing my squeals... :blush: and my drool... :drool: Don is very hot in the videos as well, and Timothy looks so young and innocent.

glenneaglesfan
02-07-2008, 06:20 AM
EF, thanks for the information about this show. We don't get this channel over here, so Brooke, I hope you will be able to record it.

Katherine, I couldn't get those videos to play. :( However, I have seen those Long Run era ones before, and quite agree that the boys make a good show of togetherness during these songs (and yes, Glenn's and Don's chests are a bonus!) There are also versions on VH1 Classic that are very good quality, although today I can't get them to play either - I just get a replay message, so maybe it's my computer.

I found this in the CMT gallery. I haven't seen this particular shot before.

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/CMT6.jpg

EasyFeeling
02-07-2008, 06:40 AM
I just get a replay message, so maybe it's my computer.

Me too so it's not your computer. Can't watch them. :(
Katherine, do you have a DVD recorder?

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2008, 07:32 AM
I found this in the CMT gallery. I haven't seen this particular shot before.

I have a feeling GEF that it was in the F1 programme (you know those totally overpriced items that we tend to buy at gigs in the vain hope that we'll get s sig or 2!). Hubby is working in my 'guitar' room where it is but I'll check later)

Mrs Frey
02-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Oooh, GEF, that's a lovely pic. :smitten: Thanks for posting.

DonFan
02-07-2008, 10:04 AM
Glenn and Joe look fine, but I don't like Tim's hair pulled in a ponytail--it looks much better down, like he usually wears it--and why does Don start out dressing all in black, which is great, but then ruin it by putting on those unbelievably ugly brown shoes? :tonguewag:

Brooke
02-07-2008, 11:07 AM
I have to agree about Don's shoes, DF. I think they are actually the black boots and are just scuffed and dirty! Wouldn't you think after all the dressing up there that he would have continued with nicer shoes?! :roll:

I don't like Tim's hair pulled back either. He's much hotter with it down. :nod:

glenneaglesfan
02-07-2008, 12:42 PM
GA, I'm going to reveal my nerdishness now, and say that this is the version in the F1 programme (and yes, I bought it in the same vain hope as you! :wink: )

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/Glenn/Eaglescolor2003.jpg

At least you don't get to see Don's shoes here! I agree about Tim's hair - it's so beautiful it needs to be seen loose in all its glory.

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2008, 01:08 PM
I'll add my vote (and Timtots) to that! Timmy's hair is spectacular out loose.

Believe it or not I'm not a shoe person. :roll:

Although I have noticed how shiny Glenn :heart: tends to keep his!!

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2008, 01:15 PM
You're right GEF. Obviously the two were taken at the same shot though! Isn't Glenn :heart: 's face so intense....quizzical? but Goegeous none the less!

Brooke
02-07-2008, 03:50 PM
:idea: When do Glennie's Girls return from Pebble? I'm sure Soda gets CMT and will probably download the show and put it up here.

I will definitely tape it though, just in case! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2008, 07:03 PM
Oh Brooke! we are all Glennies Girls.....but these are Glennies :angel: 's :wink:

Freypower
02-07-2008, 07:27 PM
That is probably the best version of that photo I've seen. One of my tour T shirts has the full length shot in another pose.

I know Don's shoes look black in that lighting but I think they are the famous 'old brown shoes' to quote the Beatles. As I've said, next to Mr Corporate Business Shoes...

Glenn: 'I was reading the profit margin report today. I believe we undersold more markets than we had anticipated on our last tour'.

Don: 'Man, can I go back to Caddo Lake and chill out yet'? :twisted:

katherine5832
02-07-2008, 09:34 PM
I just get a replay message, so maybe it's my computer.

Me too so it's not your computer. Can't watch them. :(
Katherine, do you have a DVD recorder?

No, sorry, I don't have a DVD recorder. That's a bummer that you can't watch the videos. Now I'm disappointed because I realized that I don't get CMT on my cable system. I get GAC (Great American Country). I always get them confused! Is this 60 Minutes show that they are airing next week the same one that was on CBS last fall or is it the same with extended interviews? Does anyone know? The info on CMT's site isn't very helpful.

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 04:57 AM
I'll add my vote (and Timtots) to that! Timmy's hair is spectacular out loose.

Believe it or not I'm not a shoe person. :roll:

Although I have noticed how shiny Glenn :heart: tends to keep his!!

I've noticed a particular pair of shoes (not in GEF's pic) that Glenn :heart: seems to favour. A pair of black and white shoes that he wore in Dublin in 1992 and again in Melbourne in 2004. He's wears them in a picture to promote the Takamine guitar too. I must say they're very nice shoes!

GEF, that picture is absolutely stunning. The guys all look fantastic. :smitten: I'm not too keen on Timmy's ponytail (I generally don't like male ponytails) either, but he looks great so I can live with it!

Yep, I suppose Don's shoes are not particularly flattering! :lol:

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 04:59 AM
That is probably the best version of that photo I've seen. One of my tour T shirts has the full length shot in another pose.

I know Don's shoes look black in that lighting but I think they are the famous 'old brown shoes' to quote the Beatles. As I've said, next to Mr Corporate Business Shoes...

Glenn: 'I was reading the profit margin report today. I believe we undersold more markets than we had anticipated on our last tour'.

Don: 'Man, can I go back to Caddo Lake and chill out yet'? :twisted:

LOL, FP! :lol: Good one! 8)

Freypower
02-08-2008, 06:44 AM
MF, the famous black & white shoes are worn by Glenn in concert virtually every night.

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 08:49 AM
Wow, thanks for that information, FP. I would never have known that. Well, I suppose when a pair of shoes is comfortable, we get attached to them. I can identify. :D

Mind you, I'm very partial to the beige boots Glenn :heart: wore in HFO. :nod:

DonFan
02-08-2008, 10:38 AM
FP, I liked your quip about Don & Caddo Lake too.

Glenn likes hanging out at Pebble Beach, Don likes hanging out at Caddo Lake---the problem is, the tournament schedule is posted and the public has access to Glenn at Pebble Beach, thereby making it a little easier for him to talk to his "Angels." I have no clue when Don is at Caddo. How will he ever know there are "Don's Angels" out here too?

I know--I'm a little :jealous: But I am glad you girls are having such a wonderful time!

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2008, 05:21 AM
Sure its not much use knowing Glenn :heart: is at Pebble Beach when you are half a world away from it in more ways than 1 DF! At least being US based it is easier for you to access such events when you DO know they're on! Keep hanging in there. Hopefully you can get a tip - off or you'll find the info somewhere. I hope you do!

glenneaglesfan
02-09-2008, 11:58 AM
Perhaps you could become a nature warden, DF!

On the subject of shoes, Glenn wore those black and white wingtips when I saw the guys in Dublin.

sodascouts
02-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I travel back on Monday, so please do record the show for me! My TV sucks anyway, so I'm always glad to get better quality versions. VHS or DVD is cool - I can convert them to mpg/wmv either way for the site.

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 05:02 AM
Sure its not much use knowing Glenn :heart: is at Pebble Beach when you are half a world away from it in more ways than 1 DF! At least being US based it is easier for you to access such events when you DO know they're on! Keep hanging in there. Hopefully you can get a tip - off or you'll find the info somewhere. I hope you do!

I feel your pain, GA... :weep:

DF, I feel yours too! Don't worry, you'll meet Don again. Your dedication to him will surely be rewarded.

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2008, 05:08 AM
My TV sucks anyway, so I'm always glad to get better quality versions.

Well its obvious to see your camera doesn't Soda! :wink: Thats a beautiful av, and excellent quality!

DonFan
02-12-2008, 01:07 AM
Did anyone watch the Eagles special on CMT tonight? It was an expanded version of their 60 Minutes special. They added about 10 extra minutes to the interviews and it was much better than the original. (I heard they taped several hours or footage, however, so I was really hoping for a 60 Minutes special that was at least 60 Minutes long!) It is airing again on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night.

Molly
02-12-2008, 08:31 AM
Did anyone watch the Eagles special on CMT tonight? It was an expanded version of their 60 Minutes special. They added about 10 extra minutes to the interviews and it was much better than the original. (I heard they taped several hours or footage, however, so I was really hoping for a 60 Minutes special that was at least 60 Minutes long!) It is airing again on Wednesday afternoon and Thursday night.

I did see it! I love Glenn's coy explanations of who was driving the speeding Corvette down the highway giving him the title for "Life in the Fast Lane" (some "guy") and his explanation that the 3rd encores consisted soley of playing music and drinking log neck Budweisers.

Mrs Frey
02-12-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow, the extended "60 Minutes" show sounds fantastic. I wish I could've seen it. :cry:

DonFan
02-12-2008, 09:53 AM
I liked Don's longer explanation of how he & Glenn were like brothers, and I loved hearing them sing a little of WITW acoustically.

Mrs Frey
02-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Oh, my goodness, DF, that sounds really exciting!

Brooke
02-12-2008, 10:40 AM
I saw it, too. It was much better than the original airing. We actually got to see the bar at the Troubador. Don said it looked like the same one as back in the day! :laugh:

There was a lot of speculation before about the body language of all the guys. I didn't see anything at all the matter with it. :?

Much, much better version. IMO! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 05:46 PM
It sounds brilliant. I love listening to anecdotes and asides based on their lives and songs. Has anybody made a copy of it?

sodascouts
02-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Brooke has made a copy of it. It won't be long now! Thanks Brooke!

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 04:01 AM
Have I complimented you on how hot your av is Soda :wink: ?

Brooke
02-13-2008, 10:34 AM
Your welcome, Soda! Glad to do it!

And let me add that both yours and Ga's avs are VERY nice! I'm loving Glenn's longer hair curling out from under that hat! :heybaby: :heart:

Perfect Little Sister
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
I agree Brooke. I love it when he lets his hair get a little longer. I just love that curl!

sodascouts
02-13-2008, 02:15 PM
I think we've all got nice avs today! ;) I love Glenn's hair a little longer, too.

EasyFeeling
02-13-2008, 02:51 PM
I think we've all got nice avs today! ;) I love Glenn's hair a little longer, too.

Yep, that's true. 8) I might change mine too... :hmm:

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:51 AM
EF, AVs don't come much hotter than the one you have, so DON'T CHANGE IT GIRLFRIEND!

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 04:27 AM
I agree with MF, EF! If you lose that av it'll be taken by someone else.

Now if DREAMER were to change her av..... :wink:

EasyFeeling
02-14-2008, 06:19 AM
Ok, you may be right, it's just too hot to give it away, so I'll keep it. :wink:

02-14-2008, 11:59 AM

Not gonna happen girls, not gonna happen! :D :D

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 01:21 PM

I guessed not Dreamer!

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 03:32 AM

:rofl: