PDA

View Full Version : Celebration of "Actual Miles"

shunlvswx
11-21-2015, 03:05 PM
I didn't see a thread about this album. So I hope its ok to make one.

Happy 20th Birthday to Annual Miles. I loved You Don't Know Me At All. The video for The Garden of Allah scares me.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-22-2015, 11:28 PM
HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY ACTUAL MILES!!!

shun, of course, it is absolutely okay to make a thread for this album. I'm surprised we didn't have one already. I always enjoy this album. And ITA with you about You Don't Know Me At All. That sucker is :pimp: and I sure wish Don would add it to his setlist on the next leg of his tour!!! As far as The Garden of Allah, I one that likes it.

Brooke
11-23-2015, 12:56 PM
Happy Birthday Actual Miles! Fantastic album!

sodascouts
11-27-2015, 10:36 PM
I'm surprised we didn't have one for this, too. Happy birthday to Actual Miles!

So which one do you guys like better - this collection or the Very Best of Don Henley that came out a few years ago?

Freypower
11-28-2015, 05:09 PM
Very Best Of is more recent & more comprehensive, plus it includes bonus video & audio tracks. The only benefit I can see with Actual Miles is its inclusion of You Don't Know Me At All. This however is cancelled out to an extent by The Garden Of Allah.

sodascouts
11-29-2015, 09:15 PM
Yeah, I love "You Don't Know Me at All" - what a fierce rocker! - but with "Garden of Allah" - what the heck was he thinking? And he chose to make it the single with a video and everything!

shunlvswx
11-21-2016, 02:27 PM
Happy 21st Birthday to Actual Miles.

Its sad I don't own any of Don's greatest hits album, but I did purchase You Don't Know Me At All and Everybody Knows from Amazon.

shunlvswx
11-21-2017, 12:08 PM
Happy 22nd Birthday to Actual Miles. I love the song You Don't Know Me At All. Now The Garden of Allah. Now that's a different stories. lol

shunlvswx
11-21-2018, 11:05 AM
Happy 23rd Birthday to Actual Miles. I forgot Everybody Knows is on this album. I like Don's version. Don and people have a way of changing of a song that he makes a cover out of it and make it sound complete different, but still sound good.

I had the privilege of hearing this song in Austin last year.

11-21-2018, 12:19 PM
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO ACTUAL MILES!!!

When I began replacing all of my Eagles catalog with CD's some years ago, this was the first Henley CD I purchased. I loved it, especially since it included the four new songs, I Will Not Go Quietly, You Don't Know Me at All, The Garden of Allah, and Everybody Knows. I really like every song on the CD, even the much-maligned Garden of Allah. And You Don't Know Me at All remains one of my favorite Don solo songs.

shunlvswx
11-21-2018, 12:32 PM
Actually I Will Not Go Quietly is on The End Of The Innocence album.

I wish You Don't Know Me At All was a single. I loved the video when Don was David Letterman singing that song. Too bad its gone from Youtube. Luckily I have it saved.

11-21-2018, 12:43 PM
Of course, you are right about IWNGQ, shun. I'm not sure what I was thinking - my bad! I loved the Letterman performance of YDKMAA too.

sodascouts
11-21-2018, 03:32 PM
This is a great CD and Don's version of "Everybody Knows" is definitive - FAR better than the original. Is it wrong to call a cover definitive? Maybe, but I can't help it.

shunlvswx
11-21-2019, 04:07 PM
Happy 24th Birthday to Actual Miles. I love You Don't Know Me At All and I like his version of Everybody Knows better than Leonard Cohen.

longtimeeaglesfan
11-21-2019, 05:51 PM
This is a great CD and Don's version of "Everybody Knows" is definitive - FAR better than the original. Is it wrong to call a cover definitive? Maybe, but I can't help it.

Wholeheartedly agree with you!!

sodascouts
11-23-2019, 12:53 PM
And now that Don Henley has a legit YouTube channel (can you believe it? lol) we can link to that song, in case anyone wants to play it in celebration!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKm4LtnWYlc

All of his new songs on that album, with the exception of the best forgotten "Garden of Allah" IMHO, are HOT.

shunlvswx
11-21-2021, 07:28 PM
Happy 26th Birthday to Actual Miles. I love You Don’t Know Me At All.

shunlvswx
11-21-2022, 04:53 PM
Happy 27th Birthday to Don’s first greatest hits album, Actual Miles.