PDA

View Full Version : Dog Names

TW
01-03-2016, 02:35 PM
I am getting a puppy and would like to know what you think of possible names. Feel free to vote in the poll on which one of those names you like best. If you have any other name suggestions feel free to suggest those too!

Witchy Woman
01-03-2016, 09:54 PM
I had a cat named Henley over 20 years ago. It's a great name for a dog, too !!

Ive always been a dreamer
01-03-2016, 10:09 PM
Yeah it would seem like Henley would take the prize on this board. When I got my pup 4 1/2 years ago, I struggled to find a name for him. I definitely wanted something Eagles-related and finally decided on Smuggler Blue. In spite of living up to his name, he is a sweetie.

NOLA
01-03-2016, 10:18 PM
Henley is cute, but then again, I am biased towards the name.

Your favorite movies can inspire good names for pets. My last five dogs were all named for historical figures in the movie, "Tombstone." I had Wyatt, Josephine, Doc, and Daisy (all have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge), and my current dog is Virgil. Ringo is a name in that film, too.

Last, but not least, welcome to the Border! 😎

SoaringRockyMountainWay
01-04-2016, 10:19 AM
I used to have a cat named Henley. She was the best cat I ever had but a few months ago a coyote got her. I really miss her so the name Henley for an animal is kinda touchy for me.

AlreadyGone95
01-04-2016, 12:31 PM
I voted for Ringo because it sounds like the most "dog like" name to me.

Brooke
01-04-2016, 04:18 PM
I had to vote for Henley too!

NightMistBlue
01-04-2016, 04:29 PM
What kind of pup will you be getting, timothyswife? Henley is a good name. Or would you want something Timothy-related, like Timmy or Woodstock?

Brooke
01-04-2016, 04:40 PM
What kind of pup will you be getting, timothyswife? Henley is a good name. Or would you want something Timothy-related, like Timmy or Woodstock?

That reminds me, I nearly named a stray cat Timothy a few months ago. He disappeared before I had finalized it though! He just 'looked' like a Timothy for some reason. :lol:

NightMistBlue
01-04-2016, 05:09 PM
Yes, you really need to see the animal and get a vibe for its personality/essence to choose the best name.

TW
01-04-2016, 07:20 PM

Your favorite movies can inspire good names for pets. My last five dogs were all named for historical figures in the movie, "Tombstone." I had Wyatt, Josephine, Doc, and Daisy (all have crossed over the Rainbow Bridge), and my current dog is Virgil. Ringo is a name in that film, too.

Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate your feedback, I did figure that most people on here would choose Henley because of Don so it's no surprise that is the name currently winning in the poll.

TW
01-04-2016, 07:21 PM

I am getting a Black Labrador Retriever. I was thinking of doing something Timothy related but i'm not sure yet.

LuvTim
01-04-2016, 11:14 PM
Love black labs. Aww...

Welcome to the Border, TW.

TW
01-04-2016, 11:34 PM
Love black labs. Aww...

Welcome to the Border, TW.

Thank you!

Glennsallnighter
01-05-2016, 04:16 PM
I like Henley best, although I'm not sure that Don would Lol! My friends husband has a dog called Ringo.

DivineDon
01-06-2016, 05:02 AM
Naturally enough I'm rather partial to the name Henley ;-) Cute and cuddly and drooling all over you ....and I hope the puppy does the same! Lol

Freypower
01-06-2016, 05:55 PM

I thought the Ringo Kid was John Wayne's character in Stagecoach? But it only has one association for me.:drummer:

I only associate 'Lambeau' with a stadium in Wisconsin - one of the Borderers who lives in the state sent me a postcard of it.

DJ
01-06-2016, 08:45 PM
Welcome to the Border.
I have a dog named Herman after Randy's middle name. ;-)
But I think Henley is cute.

TW
01-08-2016, 07:39 PM
I only associate 'Lambeau' with a stadium in Wisconsin - one of the Borderers who lives in the state sent me a postcard of it.
That's actually where that name came from. I'm a big time Packers fan and they play at Lambeau Field.

DJ
01-10-2016, 09:35 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome! I appreciate your feedback, I did figure that most people on here would choose Henley because of Don so it's no surprise that is the name currently winning in the poll.

Ha. My son's name is Wyatt for Mr Wyatt Earp. Gotta love those old names. My late dogs name was Odegard Winchester. We now have Herman Remington and Samuel Colt

cynd1231
01-10-2016, 11:47 PM
When we adopted our 'Heinz 57' from the shelter they told us he was a stray that someone had rounded up and brought in. They showed us a picture that was taken of him during his intake and he was dirty and in serious need of some grooming. Bruce and I looked at each other and at the same time said, "Desperado!" We call him 'Des' for short.

TW
01-20-2016, 07:58 PM
update:
i ended up naming him ringo. as much as i loved the name henley i felt that ringo just "fit".

LuvTim
01-20-2016, 08:09 PM
Cooler than cool. :-)

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 08:08 PM
we had two boxers that we had to give up when we moved. Our daughter took them

the male was Angus (from AC/DC) Bocephus (Hank Jr.)

the female was Daisy (daisy duke) Mae (Mae West)