PDA

View Full Version : Cass County Survivor coming up Jan. 20!

sodascouts
01-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Time to get those Cass County albums out and rank the songs! We'll be starting our Cass County Survivor this Wednesday at 8:00 EST. I'm really interested to see how this one is going to turn out. The more players, the merrier!

AlreadyGone95
01-16-2016, 07:06 PM
Are we going to include the 2 bonus tracks from the Target version?

Freypower
01-16-2016, 07:09 PM
I haven't got those because I'm not in the US. It depends how many Borderers got that version.

Jonny Come Lately
01-16-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm very much looking forward to playing. It should be interesting especially as it's a new release and therefore perhaps will begin to see which songs are the fan favourites from the album?

I don't really mind whether the Target tracks are included or not, although I don't have them myself. Just a thought - when this has been played for the Eagles debut album in the past, was Get You In The Mood included? That's quite a good parallel I feel as GYITM has never formally been considered part of the Eagles album (as opposed to, say, Fleetwood Mac's Silver Springs, which has been added to the Rumours tracklist) yet clearly belongs to that era of the band's music.

I'm afraid I probably won't be able to participate in Round 1 as I will be quite busy next week. I feel I need to give the album another full listen prior to playing as it is still quite new to me and I won't have time to do that until next weekend, so I'll probably start voting from Round 2 onwards unless a big favourite of mine is in danger of elimination in Round 1.

Freypower
01-16-2016, 08:44 PM
I'm very much looking forward to playing. It should be interesting especially as it's a new release and therefore perhaps will begin to see which songs are the fan favourites from the album?

I don't really mind whether the Target tracks are included or not, although I don't have them myself. Just a thought - when this has been played for the Eagles debut album in the past, was Get You In The Mood included? That's quite a good parallel I feel as GYITM has never formally been considered part of the Eagles album (as opposed to, say, Fleetwood Mac's Silver Springs, which has been added to the Rumours tracklist) yet clearly belongs to that era of the band's music.

I'm afraid I probably won't be able to participate in Round 1 as I will be quite busy next week. I feel I need to give the album another full listen prior to playing as it is still quite new to me and I won't have time to do that until next weekend, so I'll probably start voting from Round 2 onwards unless a big favourite of mine is in danger of elimination in Round 1.

I'm not 100% on this but I think we included GYITM in a Non Album Songs Survivor.

shunlvswx
01-16-2016, 10:18 PM
I can't wait for this survivor game. I have no idea which song I'm going to vote off first or who will win. I have two possibility of which song will win.

sodascouts
01-17-2016, 12:00 AM
I'm going to go ahead and include the bonus songs, I think. GYITM was never a bonus song, and it did get put in a non-album survivor, but I think songs that were included on a version of the album are fair game.

What do you guys think?

AlreadyGone95
01-17-2016, 02:38 AM
Fine by me as I have both versions. I agree that since they appear on a version of the album, that they should be included.

It Don't Matter to the Sun(the duet with Stevie Nicks) is available on youtube: https://youtu.be/Az_CeiOkvxk

I can't find a video for Here Comes Those Tears Again.

NOLA
01-17-2016, 01:31 PM
Thanks for posting the video, AG, because I don't have the version with the extra songs.

AlreadyGone95
01-17-2016, 01:44 PM
You're welcome NOLA. I've searched Google for a video or stream of Here Comes Those Tears Again, but the only thing I found was a youtube video with no audio.

sodascouts
01-17-2016, 03:22 PM
Hmm. Well, that is problematic. How can we include the songs when not everyone has access to them?

Dang these stupid store "exclusives." It makes the guys extra money, but it sure screws over the fans.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-17-2016, 03:26 PM
I agree that all of tracks should be included. Maybe we can figure out a way to make it available for folks to listen to for this game.

Freypower
01-17-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm not bothered either way. I would just refrain from voting for either of those songs except that in the case of Tears, I know the Jackson Browne version well.

L101
01-17-2016, 05:27 PM
I finally found the links of the two Target bonus songs - they were posted by dcinga and F50 in the "It don't matter to the sun" thread :

Here come those tears again (http://captive-cogitations.tumblr.com/post/129921207142/undoingthelaces-here-come-those-tears-again-don)

It don't matter to the sun (http://captive-cogitations.tumblr.com/post/129855840754/here-ya-guys-go-it-dont-matter-to-the-sun-don)

maryc2130
01-18-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm glad they're going to be included. To me, they don't feel like extras. They seem like they belong on the album.

NOLA
01-18-2016, 01:11 PM
Thank you, Lacken, for reposting the links! :)

DivineDon
01-18-2016, 01:32 PM
Well done, Lacken - they should be included...though it's going to be soooo tough :rockon:

01-18-2016, 02:00 PM
Yep - thanks for remembering these, Lacken ... well done. I was thinking that these had been posted on the board, but then I talked myself into thinking I was just imagining it. :doh:

Freypower
01-18-2016, 05:16 PM
I wonder how many outside the United States purchased this version?

Glennsallnighter
01-19-2016, 10:09 AM
I think we should postpone this as a mark of respect to Glenn :heart: . I havent the heart for it and I want to listen to Glenn:heart:'s music at the moment. Its too normal to listen to Don JMHO. What does everybody else think?

scottside
01-19-2016, 10:13 AM
I wholeheartedly agree!

AlreadyGone95
01-19-2016, 10:13 AM
I agree, GA. As much as I love Cass County, I just can't rank the songs now. I was going to do it last night, but last night turned into a crying and grieving night. My heart wouldn't be in it either.

Brooke
01-19-2016, 10:48 AM
I agree with postponing too. Just can't think of anyone but Glenn right now. :sad:

shunlvswx
01-19-2016, 12:45 PM
I agree.

NOLA
01-19-2016, 12:57 PM
A wise suggestion - no issue with this at all.

01-19-2016, 01:00 PM
Thanks everyone. Soda and I agreed last night that postponing the game would be best. Stay tuned and we'll make an announcement later about when to start it.

Jonny Come Lately
01-19-2016, 02:06 PM
I totally agree with and fully support the postponement of the game, in fact if it hadn't already been suggested (thanks GA!) I'd have suggested it myself. We are all very sad about Glenn and I think it will take a while to truly sink in. It's difficult to care as much about whether, say, Praying For Rain is better than The Cost of Living or not under these circumstances.

I feel it's a bit like the situation that the comedy series Father Ted experienced - for those who don't know, Dermot Morgan (who played Ted) tragically and suddenly died the day after they finishing filming the third and final series. The airing of the first episode of the series was put back a week and was dedicated to Morgan.

NOLA
03-01-2016, 12:32 AM
Soda and Dreamer, any thoughts as to when this will happen? Just curious - listened to the CD today and thought about the game.

03-01-2016, 12:50 AM
No - we haven't actually discussed it yet. We'll try to decide something before too long and will update everyone on what we decide.

sodascouts
03-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Yes - we still intend to do it. In fact, we'll probably do it this month.

NOLA
03-02-2016, 12:25 AM
Thank you! Looking forward to it when you're ready. :)

DivineDon
03-04-2016, 12:16 PM
I'm looking forward to it too, NOLA especially since it hasn't been done before so we really have no idea what the result will be unlike the other Survivors I've participated in that haven't greatly deviated from previous results.

Jonny Come Lately
03-04-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm looking forward to playing as well. I enjoy the Survivor games with slightly larger numbers of songs (LROOE was probably my favourite so far of the ones I've participated in since joining) and this album has plenty of songs to choose from. I agree that it will be interesting to see how it goes, by this stage I have a pretty good idea of how I feel about the songs so I have my own order of preference but I'm unsure how different my views are from everyone else's. However, as I strongly supported the decision to postpone the game at the time, and am therefore happy to wait until you feel the time is right to get it started.

03-04-2016, 05:48 PM
Thanks again everyone for your patience and understanding. We'll keep you posted about a new start date for the game.