PDA

View Full Version : Soda - thank you

sad-cafe
01-25-2016, 12:43 AM
you have given us a place to grieve with like-minded people even when our own personal live people did not know how sad we were.

being able to spend the week here and grieve has helped tremendously. I want to thank you for that.

I am sure we put a strain on you and your equipment.

Thank you so very much.

GlennLover
01-26-2016, 01:43 AM
I want to add my thanks as well!

Outlawman13
01-26-2016, 01:47 AM
Same here!!! Being with the people who understand what we are going through on these most devastating times!!! You are sooo awesome Nancy for making this forum!!!

AlreadyGone95
01-26-2016, 02:47 AM
Thanks from me as well, Nancy, for everything on here. I'm so grateful for the Border.

UndertheWire
01-26-2016, 08:10 AM
Many thanks from me, too. It can't have been easy to keep it going this last week but I hope it will bring you comfort in the days to come.

NightMistBlue
01-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Amen to that! Thank you, Nancy.

Ive always been a dreamer
01-26-2016, 02:39 PM
I am always grateful for the board, but especially so during this past week. It has been a blessing to have this place so those of us who love Glenn and this band can congregrate to share our grief, thoughts, and emotions.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Tori
01-26-2016, 04:25 PM
Adding my heartfelt thanks, Nancy. The Border's been a godsend this past week and will continue to be for a while. I'm glad we have this close knit community of fans to lean on in these hard times. :heart:

Brooke
01-26-2016, 04:34 PM
Thanks from me, too, Nancy! Can't imagine what I would do without this place and all of you! It's been a rough week and it's helped so much to be able to come here. :grouphug:

L101
01-26-2016, 04:42 PM
Thanks from me as well - it was nice to come here and read all the tributes and stories about Glenn.
Hopefully the next few weeks will be better for all.

Freypower
01-26-2016, 04:59 PM
Soda & her deputy Dreamer always do a wonderful job & are continuing to do so for all of us.

Victim of Love
01-26-2016, 06:17 PM
Bless you, Nancy, for your dedication and hard work to keep things going here on The Border. I know Glenn has an extra-special place in your heart and this week, in particular, can't have been easy for you. I hope you're feeling better and back on your feet. Take care of you, and thank you from all of us!

sodascouts
01-26-2016, 06:31 PM
It's helped me, too. I just wish GFO hadn't been throttled by my server.

As I said elsewhere, I built this entire site network, including the forum, out of love for Glenn. I appreciate and admire the other Eagles, but Glenn had my heart.

shunlvswx
01-26-2016, 09:17 PM
Thanks Soda and Dreamer. I'm not leaving anytime soon. I love this board. I've been a member here for almost 3 years. As long as this board is still up, I will continue to come to it everyday.

Thanks ladies for your hard work during this difficult. I'm still can't believe it.

LuvTim
01-26-2016, 09:28 PM
Many thanks and much appreciation for all of the hard work it takes to keep this going. I've enjoyed so much being here. :smile:

Tiffanny Twisted
01-26-2016, 11:38 PM
you have given us a place to grieve with like-minded people even when our own personal live people did not know how sad we were.

being able to spend the week here and grieve has helped tremendously. I want to thank you for that.

I am sure we put a strain on you and your equipment.

Thank you so very much.

I agree blessings nancy.

I like what you said about people not understanding how sad we are ....
It kinda hurts but I guess people deal in their own way

But its like joe said the page is blank there are no words

Here there are words

Thanks nancy

NOLA
01-27-2016, 01:50 AM
Thank you, Nancy, for being here when we needed you. Please take care of yourself, and stay with us. 😊

DivineDon
01-27-2016, 06:36 AM
I just want to add my thanks too, Nancy. I know you're hurting but just look after yourself. :smile:

SilverAcidRayne
01-27-2016, 07:28 PM
me too. like quite a few of you I know I haven't been here. but i'm glad I joined. I really appreciate you guys. no one on my facebook or my family would have understood this whole thing. so from the bottom of my heart thank you so much. I know it hasn't been easy. :heart:

Ive always been a dreamer
01-28-2016, 12:48 PM
Thanks for the kind words. :hug:

mimi g
02-05-2016, 09:03 PM
I want to thank you as well. Even though I've never posted before, I've visited this site many times & enjoyed the posts, pictures & thoughts. Glenn was my favorite Eagle & this was the place to go these past weeks. I'm sure there are many others like me that haven't participated before so I just wanted you to know we are out there.

tjh532
02-15-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm a little late in saying this, but Soda - You rock!

Thanks for giving us fans a place to come the last few weeks. As soon as I heard about Glenn, I headed straight over here. I couldn't even get the site to load for almost two days. That speaks volumes to what you have created here and shared with all of us. Thanks for giving us a place to gather (virtually), and share our thought and feelings with others who understand.

Jonny Come Lately
02-15-2016, 06:36 PM
Thank you Soda - you and Dreamer have done a great job in the last few weeks keeping this place running smoothly in what has been a very difficult time for us Eagles fans. It's little things like seeing the Rolling Stones on the newspaper cover and knowing that where Mick and Keith can still stand together, Glenn and Don cannot. You have helped us immensely even as you have had to deal with this terrible shock yourselves.

When I heard the tragic news on the morning of 19 January (I went to bed before it came through) I immediately thought of everyone on The Border but had to keep it at the back of my mind until later that day as I had to take an exam paper. As soon as I was finished I went straight onto this forum and read all the comments in the memorial thread before gathering my thoughts together and posting on here, before spending most of the evening reading other tributes to him.

sodascouts
02-15-2016, 07:17 PM
Thanks guys. This place has helped me as much as it's helped my users. Creating these sites and The Border was one of the best things I've ever done. It was all for Glenn. He brought us all together.

Glenn - thank you.

sad-cafe
02-17-2016, 09:51 PM
you so rock!!!

I would never had had an outlet for my grief. My husband kept saying "its just a band" or "people die"

he just didn't understand.

You all did

FWIW
04-19-2016, 05:51 PM
I apologize for my tardiness in posting something in this thread. Thank you so much for doing what you do. The Border is a wonderful, supportive environment for hard core (and even the not so hard core) Eagles fans. I also love the huge amount of history you have gathered. Whenever I have a chance, I enjoy finding gems in the old threads.

TequilaSunrise82
04-19-2016, 10:03 PM
I agree with all of the above sentiments. This site has become my little sanctuary and I don't know what I'd do without it. Not to mention all the things I've learned about the Eagles and Glenn since discovering it. It is truly a gem.

buffyfan145
04-20-2016, 09:29 AM
I totally agree with everyone too. Thanks Soda for this and I love being able to talk to other fans and learn more things about them. :D

DJ
04-20-2016, 02:22 PM
Yes, thank you for a great place to talk, reminisce and love the Eagles and all their talents. :nod:

Dawn
04-20-2016, 03:58 PM
As a newbie who was deeply shocked and saddened by the news of Glenn's passing I can't thank Soda enough for all she does (and team of awesome moderators) to keep this wonderful place up and running. We know Glenn fought a brave battle to stay alive and it breaks my heart the doctors ran out of options. When his fans say they'll never forget him they aren't exaggerating - it's a solemn promise.

With sincere appreciation,

Dawn

sodascouts
04-21-2016, 09:11 PM
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the kind words. Sometimes I come across people dissing the place on Facebook and it's nice to have a counterpoint to that!