PDA

View Full Version : Randy Mourns Glenn

sad-cafe
01-23-2016, 09:40 PM
I thought it was very sweet that Randy was mourning Glenn and said that the Eagles paid for his medical issues.

I have to believe that had Randy been healthy, he would have been on the History tour as well.

When I went to the concert in 2013 they mentioned Randy and said they were thinking of him and his health.

UndertheWire
01-24-2016, 06:12 AM
One new report had Don Felder saying that Randy had phoned him up in tears when he heard about Glenn.

The bright side of that and the interview that Randy gave to the newspaper is that Randy seems to be in a good mental state.

sad-cafe
01-24-2016, 06:38 PM
I think it is human behavior that when someone close to you passes, you reach out to anyone else that also knew that same person

however-I wouldn't have called DF Joe, Henley, Timothy B yes but DF?

Witchy Woman
01-25-2016, 12:46 AM
We don't know the nature of Randy and Felder's relationship. It's possible they have remained friends and stayed in touch all these years. Obviously Randy holds him in some regard or he wouldn't have called him at all.

Lisa
01-25-2016, 03:12 PM
They had to have rehearsed songs and worked together for hours on end during the 'seventies. The Eagles were known to have been a little bit perfectionistic once they were recording in a studio.

NightMistBlue
01-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Randy and DF wrote "Too Many Hands" together and always got along well. Felder has said that they've remained friends since their Eagles days.

Henley and Meisner are not on such warm terms, judging by the very negative things Henley said about Randy to author Marc Eliot for the book, "To the Limit."

randysgirl
01-26-2016, 11:48 AM
I agree, NMB. I have gotten the impression that Randy and DF have remained friends over the years as they were close when Randy was in the Eagles. Glenn's passing must have hit Randy very hard. When you spend years working with a person and spending a lot of time on the road with them, it has to hurt when you hear they are gone. It makes sense that Randy might get in touch with Felder.

Buttercup
01-26-2016, 12:31 PM
I agree with both of you NMB and randysgirl. Felder was the obvious choice for Randy to call. They have remained friends since they left the Eagles and Felder mentions them playing golf and doing things together. I think at that moment Henley, TBS and Joe were probably in total shock and were talking with each other or other people. Randy needed someone who he was close to, someone who could relate to how he was feeling and Felder was the best choice.

NightMistBlue
01-26-2016, 01:52 PM
Still, it must have been awkward when Felder was accepted back into the HFO fold and Randy was not but wanted to be (and felt he should have been asked). That has to strain a friendship, one imagines. Glad they could rise above it.

Buttercup
01-26-2016, 02:05 PM
That is true but then Felder is dealing with his own issues with HFO, this is when Henley and Frey said that Felder would be paid a salary just like Tim and Joe and would not be paid in the same way that Henley and Frey were. You never know he might have even talked with Randy about it, although he does not mention that in his book or elsewhere. I would hope they would both understand each others situation and were supportive. I hope that but I don't know that and have nothing to base it off of.

UndertheWire
01-26-2016, 02:06 PM
I have a book from the mid-90s (called "To the Limit") which has a quote from Randy that he thinks of Felder and Walsh as "traitors" because he expected them to leave at the same time as him to form a new group. It didn't sound lke they had remained friends throughout, but possibly they reconnected after Felder was fired.

In Bernie's mail to Lefsetz, he said he's still in touch with Randy and Don Felder.

Buttercup
01-26-2016, 02:13 PM
I had forgotten that. Well at some point they regained their friendship and I am glad that they did.

NightMistBlue
01-26-2016, 03:23 PM
I have a book from the mid-90s (called "To the Limit") which has a quote from Randy that he thinks of Felder and Walsh as "traitors" because he expected them to leave at the same time as him to form a new group.

I remember it as being more gentle than that, but I'll check the book tonight as my memory is not what it used to be! I thought Randy said he felt "kind of betrayed" but also acknowledged that Joe and Felder had a bit of a buzz on from being out that night, and perhaps they weren't totally serious about leaving the band.

P.S. I changed the title of this post because my heart drops every time I see, "Randy Meisner is ill"

randysgirl
01-26-2016, 05:31 PM
Thank you for changing the title of the post NMB. I also get a sick feeling every time I see the title of the this thread. Wonderful and well is much better.

Freypower
01-26-2016, 05:35 PM
Given that the thread originally referred to events in 2009, perhaps a new thread should be started. Just a suggestion.

sodascouts
01-27-2016, 10:37 PM
I could separate the thread into two pieces. I'm unsure what the title should be. "Randy Mourns Glenn" perhaps.

Edited: Done.