PDA

View Full Version : Randy's new music!

NightMistBlue
01-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Randy is apparently working on new music. There was a song called "The Best I've Ever Been" posted on Facebook this morning on a fan page, but it's since been taken down. Randy doesn't sing on it, but he wrote the music and did a spoken intro. He looks well. The video was done on Tuesday, January 26th.

His speaking voice sounded a little bit winded (to my ears), but otherwise he seems fine. Did anyone else here see it?

I'm so bummed that I didn't have time to listen to the actual song, only Randy speaking. I hope it comes out somewhere, sometime soon.

NightMistBlue
01-28-2016, 05:05 PM
The video is on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA4qDeqxWE4

Note to NOLA: I think that's a Harley-Davidson shirt that Randy is wearing.

Brooke
01-28-2016, 05:36 PM
Randy sounds great! Good for him!

SilverAcidRayne
01-28-2016, 08:39 PM
awww yayyyyy this makes me smile

travlnman2
01-28-2016, 08:43 PM
awww yayyyyy this makes me smile

I know does anyone else think that Randy looks a lot better or healthier then the History of The Eagles doc

LuvTim
01-28-2016, 11:48 PM

Dang. They removed it. :-(

NOLA
01-29-2016, 12:28 AM

Thanks, NMB! However, the link has been disabled. For whatever reason, the user doesn't want the video of Randy made public. Glad to hear he's making music again.
Anyway, it's uber cool about the tee. Wonder if Randy has a bike! 😎🏍

NightMistBlue
01-29-2016, 10:09 AM
You can hear the song on the singer David P. Murphy's Broadjam page: http://www.broadjam.com/artists/songs.php?artistID=4312&mediaID=15148

I agree with travlnman2; Randy looks better now than he has in a long time. And it's amazing to hear he's working again. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Wonderful, positive news about the Meis.

Correction to what I posted yesterday: Randy gets a writing credit on both the lyrics and music. One can't know if the lyrics are autobiographical for Randy since there are two other writers involved, but some do seem to speak to his situation:

to turn the page on yesterday
is not an easy task
i'm old and tired, set in my ways
and i need some changes fast
i will scale the walls to see my faults
as i reach for strength within
because i wanna be better than
the best i've ever been

JennyCH
01-29-2016, 02:33 PM
Nice! I'm glad that reappeared. It's very positive and upbeat.

lovejunker
01-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Wow! That is good to hear. I joined this forum just so that I could ask if anyone has any updates on Randy. Last thing I can find online is from September 2015 saying that a settlement had been reached but no details were released.

NightMistBlue
01-30-2016, 10:37 AM
Welcome, lovejunker. The settlement was apparently approved by the judge on January 20th, at least there are no more hearings scheduled. No details were released.

The singer on the "Best I've Ever Been" demo is David Morgan. David P. Murphy is a co-writer. If you look at his profile page on Broadjam, in the comments section, he says that the song's lyrics are "absolutely" Randy's story.

lovejunker
01-30-2016, 12:59 PM
Oh thank you so much NightMistBlue! Good to picture Randy telling some of his story. Where did you see a pic to see he looked betterTravlnman2? Maybe the now gone video? Thanks so much for all the info guys!

NightMistBlue
01-30-2016, 06:07 PM
Yes, on the now disappeared video. I don't understand why it was taken down. But one thing a Randy fan must tolerate is mystery. He's an enigmatic fella, that Mr. Meisner.

travlnman2
02-01-2016, 04:59 PM
You can hear the song on the singer David P. Murphy's Broadjam page: http://www.broadjam.com/artists/songs.php?artistID=4312&mediaID=15148

I agree with travlnman2; Randy looks better now than he has in a long time. And it's amazing to hear he's working again. I don't think anyone saw that coming. Wonderful, positive news about the Meis.

Correction to what I posted yesterday: Randy gets a writing credit on both the lyrics and music. One can't know if the lyrics are autobiographical for Randy since there are two other writers involved, but some do seem to speak to his situation:

to turn the page on yesterday
is not an easy task
i'm old and tired, set in my ways
and i need some changes fast
i will scale the walls to see my faults
as i reach for strength within
because i wanna be better than
the best i've ever been

Well then if it is autobiographical then i am so happy he is doing well.cInsaw him he looked liked he was working out and put some muscle on because he looked unheathly thin in the hote doc.

travlnman2
02-02-2016, 08:31 AM
For those who didnt see the video. Mitchell sent a screenshot of him and Randy to a Randy Meisner fan page on facebook

randysgirl
02-02-2016, 04:17 PM
Yes, Randy does look much better in that video than in HOTE. He looks well and sounds good. Keep on Tryin' Meis!

baby-g
02-03-2016, 11:00 PM
So AWESOME to hear/read something wonderful about Randy. I absolutely LOOOOOVE this man!!! Like others have said before, I hope he is aware of and reads forums like this one, so he can know/feel how much his fans love him. Thank you for sharing :heart::o

OutlawManNJ
02-09-2016, 02:27 PM
My Favorite Eagle, any word on the video being on youtube again?

NightMistBlue
02-09-2016, 02:38 PM
No, it was pulled with no explanation and there's no indication it will come back.

One of Randy's song co-writers reported that he had received a private message from a complete stranger "grinding" him (I assume that's like harassing him?) about working with Randy. WTF?

I have no idea if that is why Mitchel - the other collaborator - pulled the video. I saw that he had prevented comments from being made on YouTube when the video was still up, which indicates perhaps that he was also concerned about online abuse.

LuvTim
02-09-2016, 06:50 PM
No, it was pulled with no explanation and there's no indication it will come back.

One of Randy's song co-writers reported that he had received a private message from a complete stranger "grinding" him (I assume that's like harassing him?) about working with Randy. WTF?

I have no idea if that is why Mitchel - the other collaborator - pulled the video. I saw that he had prevented comments from being made on YouTube when the video was still up, which indicates perhaps that he was also concerned about online abuse.

I don't understand this at all. Mystified. Our Randy?
Agreed, NMB! WTF?

NightMistBlue
02-10-2016, 11:20 AM
It is bizarre, Luv-y, when one considers what a sweet guy Randy is. He doesn't deserve the negativity and poison that some attempt to spread.

randysgirl
02-17-2016, 12:29 AM
Wow NMB. That is so weird. I have never heard of anyone not liking Randy. He is reportedly such a nice guy. It sounds like someone who just wants to stir up trouble.

Buttercup
02-17-2016, 01:46 PM
I wonder if it had to do with the conservatorship. They were trying to prove that he was not able to make his own decisions and this video showed Randy to be quite competent and looking great.

NightMistBlue
02-17-2016, 01:50 PM
I think you've hit the proverbial nail on the head, Buttercup.

Olivia
02-17-2016, 01:56 PM
He seemed fine to me too but I'm sure others will disagree and tell us that we don't know the whole story.

travlnman2
02-17-2016, 05:17 PM
I wonder if it had to do with the conservatorship. They were trying to prove that he was not able to make his own decisions and this video showed Randy to be quite competent and looking great.

Agree when that TMZ video was shown it looked loike. Lana amd Randy were absolutley shocked to find out this was going on and had no idea it was happening.

lovejunker
02-18-2016, 08:16 PM
I'm soooo confused :confused: I know it is a tangled web tho, I just wish I knew the back stories so I could quit guessing!!!!

chaim
02-21-2016, 02:48 PM
There are moments in that song where I can hear Randy's voice in my head although he's not singing. I wish I'd actually hear him sing this. It would sound heavenly.