PDA

View Full Version : Randy Meisner Vocals in 'Take it Easy'

OutlawManNJ
02-05-2016, 04:39 PM
I find fascinating Meisners vocal part in Take it Easy, especially in the 2nd Verse "Standing on a corner.....Shes a girl....". It just creeps up on you (in a good way) from nothing. It almost becomes as loud as Glenn in the mix at that point. The song which is great only gets better (and addictive) with that Randy addition.

I wonder how that came about, how it was decided to do that specifically, in that part of the song. Are there any accounts of this anywhere?

NightMistBlue
02-05-2016, 05:39 PM
I've wondered that too, since the harmony part is so unconventional. I saw a quote from Henley, circa 2003, saying that Glenn came up with the vocal arrangements. It's often the case though that singers come up with their own harmonies, such as Art Garfunkel and Graham Nash.

I guess that's a roundabout way of saying: we don't really know!

Have you heard this isolated vocal track? It sounds speeded up, but it's very interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISxUZ65vTyw

OutlawManNJ
02-05-2016, 06:22 PM
I've wondered that too, since the harmony part is so unconventional. I saw a quote from Henley, circa 2003, saying that Glenn came up with the vocal arrangements. It's often the case though that singers come up with their own harmonies, such as Art Garfunkel and Graham Nash.

I guess that's a roundabout way of saying: we don't really know!

Have you heard this isolated vocal track? It sounds speeded up, but it's very interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISxUZ65vTyw

Thats awesome had never heard it thanks.

buffyfan145
02-05-2016, 10:00 PM
I totally agree and love Randy's harmonies on the songs and him singing lead on "Take it to the Limit" (one of my top fav Eagles songs). :D We really don't know who came up with it but it turned out great.

Prettymaid
02-05-2016, 10:05 PM
While Randy may have found his own harmony part, I'd still bet that as the arranger it was Glenn's idea to have just Randy sing with him during that part of the song.