PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Frey Tribute at the Troubadour ---

steve_e_dee
02-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Hi All ---

For those interested and/or in Los Angeles next Saturday ---

http://www.troubadour.com/event/1085015-americanas-pre-grammy-salute-los-angeles/

sodascouts
02-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I think it's nice the Troubadour is hosting an event, but what is this "Americana"? Is it a band?

steve_e_dee
02-05-2016, 05:17 PM
Looks to be an association based in Tenn.

The fact that the Troubadour is involved makes me optimistic it will be a special evening. The Grammy's are 2 days later here in LA. While it doesn't sound like its the event Irving has mentioned, still feels like it'll be nice.

UndertheWire
02-06-2016, 08:40 PM
I haven't found any details of the tribute to Glenn but there was pre-Grammy tribute to the Everly Brothers two years ago which may give an idea of what to expect.
http://www.thebluegrasssituation.com/read/dispatches-americanas-pre-grammy-all-star-tribute-everlys

Outlawman13
02-07-2016, 01:12 AM
OHH man I wish I lived down there in LA! Would've been nice to see what they were playing! I hope they do play that tribute to Glenn!!

Ive always been a dreamer
02-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Thanks for the info about this Steve and UTW. I hope you don't mind, but I changed the title of the thread to make it more descriptive and easier to find since there are so many different tributes pouring in for Glenn.

I would have loved to have been there last night. Hopefully, there will be more information about the event in the coming days.

02-08-2016, 01:56 PM
I thought it may be nice to include a picture of the poster that was on the Troubadour website for Glenn's tribute in this thread in case the original link becomes disabled ...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/GF%20Troubadour%20Tribute%20Poster%201_zpsqxqadnxg .jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/kay8342/media/GF%20Troubadour%20Tribute%20Poster%201_zpsqxqadnxg .jpg.html)

MysticLady77
02-08-2016, 02:17 PM
I thought it may be nice to include a picture of the poster that was on the Troubadour website for Glenn's tribute in this thread in case the original link becomes disabled ...

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/GF%20Troubadour%20Tribute%20Poster%201_zpsqxqadnxg .jpg (http://s21.photobucket.com/user/kay8342/media/GF%20Troubadour%20Tribute%20Poster%201_zpsqxqadnxg .jpg.html)
I like tributes as long as it is in good taste. The Troubadour poster looks nice.

UndertheWire
02-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Victim of Love posted this on another thread. It sounds like quite a show.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-glenn-frey-tribute-troudabour-americana-grammy-concert-20160211-story.html

Hilly said the Americana organization sought and received the blessing of Frey’s widow, Cindy Frey, the other members of the Eagles and their longtime manager Irving Azoff to turn the event into a Frey tribute.
“If they had said no, we wouldn’t have done it,” he said. “But they said yes, and I’m humbled by that.”

The house band will include Scott Crago, Michael Thompson and Danny Grenier. Jack Tempchin is playing and Henry Diltz will talk about Glenn.

Freypower
02-11-2016, 06:30 PM
Happy to see Bonnie Raitt & Glen Hansard who I once saw as support to Bob Dylan included.

02-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Okay - When I first saw the link today, I thought this was a separate event from what was originally posted about in this thread. Somehow, I had in my mind that the original event was held last Saturday. But, I looked at the poster and it has tomorrow's date. I was wondering why there were two events scheduled, but I was, obviously, confused. I would so love to be at this. :cry:

buffyfan145
02-11-2016, 09:27 PM
That's a great line up. Love Bonnie and Glen too. I first saw Glen in the music film "Once", which is now one of my favorites, and he's a fantastic Irish singer/musician. I recognize a lot of the other artists too since I listen to a lot of country and alt-rock as well.

Brooke
02-12-2016, 10:22 AM
Sounds like a really cool event!

sodascouts
02-12-2016, 07:24 PM
How I wish I could have gone to this!

AlreadyGone95
02-14-2016, 03:52 AM
Jack Tempchin posted this photo on Facebook yesterday afternoon. Not surprisingly, the event sold out.

https://m.facebook.com/JackTempchin/photos/a.10150105408499816.324116.42280894815/10154604815909816/?type=3&source=48

http://i1283.photobucket.com/albums/a552/kim_dixon2/Mobile%20Uploads/12734291_10154604815909816_914225240632087836_n_zp ssrjng7af.jpg

UndertheWire
02-14-2016, 08:44 AM
This isn't from the most reliable of sources (a gossip piece in The Mirror tabloid).

Ahead of the Grammy's Don Henley, Bernie Leadon, Jackson Browne and Bonnie Raitt performed at the West Hollywood venue where the band originally met and performed.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/harry-styles-kendall-jenner-spend-7367648

(I believe that Harry Styles was there, but it would have been easy for a London-based hack to mix up this tribute with the forthcoming one at the Grammys)

buffyfan145
02-14-2016, 11:17 AM
I saw a couple articles on Google and Bonnie tweeted about it. Didn't see anything about Don, Bernie, or Jackson so I think that article mixed the two. Harry Styles was there as was some other celebs who tweeted and posted pics on Instagram about it.

And on a side note Billy Joel performed (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEOFade_N5I) "Take it Easy" during his concert last night in New York too (at 3:15 in the vid).

shunlvswx
02-14-2016, 04:13 PM
This article said Cindy and Irving was there.

http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=299736

shunlvswx
02-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Jack Tempchin just posted this video on his Facebook page.

Here's Bonnie Raitt singing Peaceful Easy Feeling.

https://www.facebook.com/JackTempchin/?fref=nf

UndertheWire
02-14-2016, 06:31 PM
And a really rather nice review from the LA Times, praising the songwriting as well as the performances.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-glenn-frey-tribute-eagles-americana-troubadour-grammy-20160214-story.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=95857

Updated with the song list from the Billboard review
Setlist:
Take It to the Limit — Venice
Who’s Been Sleeping in My Bed — Cedric Burnside Project and Shannon McNally
Smuggler’s Blues — Cedric Burnside Project and Shannon McNally
Desperado — Venice
I Can’t Tell You Why — Lee Ann Womack
One of These Nights — Nicki Bluhm
After the Thrill is Gone — Jessie Baylin
Hollywood Waltz — Escondido
Wasted Time — Jack Ingram
Sad Café — Ruby Amanfu
Tequila Sunrise — Sam Outlaw
Best of My Love — Lee Ann Womack
Most of Us are Sad — John Paul White
New Kid in Town — John Paul White
Life in the Fast Lane — Jack Ingram
The One You Love — Jack Tempchin
Already Gone — Jack Tempchin
Peaceful Easy Feeling — Brandi Carlile and Bonnie Raitt
Heartache Tonight — Nicki Bluhm and Bonnie Raitt
Lyin’ Eyes — ensemble
Take It Easy — ensemble

Freypower
02-14-2016, 06:36 PM
So more a tribute to his songwriting then, fair enough, but once again his solo career barely features.

ETA: The Daily Double article states that The Sad Café & Smuggler's Blues were played.

UndertheWire
02-14-2016, 06:46 PM
Yes, I've just updated my list. When you said that about his solo songs, I remembered seeing Smuggler's Blues. As it was in part a celebration of "Americana", maybe they left out the more R&B songs.

I like that Danny Grenier is standing pretty much where he stood in any Glenn solo performance I've seen a clip of.

buffyfan145
02-14-2016, 09:33 PM
It sounds like the concert was great!!! :) So wish we could've seen it.

Outlawman13
02-14-2016, 11:52 PM
I wish I could've been there!!

steve_e_dee
02-15-2016, 03:24 AM
Hi all ---

I was fortunate enough to get tickets for the event, and thought I'd pass along my review. Apologies for the lack of detail (which many of you are so great with your reviews).

To begin, there was a strict "No Phones, No Camera's, No Video's or else you're gone" policy. When I heard that as I got my wristband, I started to think maybe we'd get a couple unannounced guests

As it turned out, the people listed in the articles were the only ones who performed -- there were no special guests.

If Irving or anyone from the band did in fact attend, they stayed extremely out of site. For those who have never been to the Troubadour, their "green room" is upstairs with a window overlooking the stage. Its very easy for those of us on the floor (300 or so?) to peer in. There is a VIP reserved section that's also up there, but it was reserved for Mid Tenn St Univ and the Americana Music Assoc. Not saying any of them weren't there... but it would really really tough to not be noticed in a small venue like that.

Due to the "no phone" thing, I wasn't able to make any notes about setlist, but what was written here is pretty much right, with the exception of Desperado (done AMAZINGLY by Venice) and another Frey solo song that I can't remember the name, for the life of me.

The Show opened with Venice doing TITTL. In fact, they did about 2/3 of the songs during the night with various people singing the lead. Lee Ann Womack did ICTYW and BOML. This trio from Nashville named Escondido did Hollywood Waltz... and the female singer was FANTASTIC. Another highlight was a guy named John Paul White doing Most of Us Are Sad and New Kid in Town. Jack Temchin did TOYL and (an out of key, imo) Already Gone. He and Henry Diltz told a couple of funny stories, although I've heard most before. The others artists were all younger, yet quite good. Then to the end of the night, Bonnie Raitt comes out and did slide guitar and sang a verse on HT (Although she had tech issues and we couldn't hear her until the the 2nd half of the song). She also sang a verse on Lyin Eyes (1st encore). Everyone came out for Take it Easy... and it was over after 2 and a half hours.

Now, some random notes --

- The "no phones" thing, while frustrating cause I wanted to grab a pic or two, happened to be kinda refreshing. It was kinda nice, everyone just into the music

- I'd say half of the room knew one person or another on stage

- The organizers spoke about their foundation and a Program at Mid Tenn St. for 10 minutes or so. I get that they do a grammy thing every year and need to promote, but when they decided to call it a "Tribute", then that sort of stuff should have been minimized even more than it was. Just my opinion

- Someone here wrote it earlier -- the majority of songs seemed to be Don Henley sung. Kinda thought they should have been songs that Frey sung, mostly. Ole 55, James Dean, Outlaw Man, solo stuff... hell, even Teenage Jail!

-- As I said earlier, no other guests. Guessing bigger, more known people will be at the Glenn Celebration that Irving is planning. I wish more was made about these songs being played at the Troub, but only Jack or Henry mentioned it

All in all, an enjoyable evening. Earth shattering... no. But definitely a good time.

Steve

UndertheWire
02-15-2016, 05:49 AM
Thanks for the writeup Steve. There are a few clips on the Venice website (or there were last night). My impression is it was a bit rough-and-ready - friends getting together for a sing-song rather than the polished performance we're used to with Eagles songs. Which makes for a good evening but is not the kind of thing they'd want captured for all time.

I'll add the two songs to my list. This is living vicariously.

ETA: Looking at the updated song list, the majority of the songs were sung by Glenn, and that's without counting "Take It To the Limit" and "Desperado" which he sang on occasions.

UndertheWire
02-15-2016, 06:26 AM
http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6875227/glenn-frey-troubadour

I've replace the setlist in my earlier post with the one from Billboard.

02-15-2016, 12:38 PM
Thanks so much for your review Steve. I'm glad you were able to get into the show and enjoyed reading your comments.

And UTW - I'm going to post the entire text of the Billboard writeup that you linked to above.

(BTW - I just love the story Jack Tempchin tells about how Glenn had a hundred candles burning for inspiration when they wrote The One You Love.)

Bonnie Raitt, Lee Ann Womack and Others Salute Glenn Frey at Troubadour Tribute

2/14/2016 by Chris Willman
Billboard.com

The loss of Glenn Frey is a heartache worth at least two nights. In advance of Monday’s Grammy telecast salute to the Eagles' co-frontman, the Americana Music Association presented its own tribute to the singer Saturday night at the Troubadour, the “Sad Café” where the original Eagles first found one another roughly 45 years ago.

“This was the place where the s--- happened, night after night,” said photographer Henry Diltz, who reminisced about the band’s fateful name change from the Beefeaters to Eagles, along with some desert- and peyote-fueled tales of shooting the group’s first two album covers. Diltz was one of three contemporaries of Frey’s on stage for the tribute, the others being Bonnie Raitt and “Peaceful Easy Feeling” songwriter Jack Tempchin. (Other members of the Frey extended family included manager Irving Azoff, who looked on from the balconies of the one-time country-rock clubhouse.)

Mostly, though, the love came from next-generation singer/songwriters -- or next generation after that -- including Brandi Carlile, Lee Ann Womack, Jack Ingram, frequent Jack White collaborator Ruby Amanfu, and ex-Civil Wars member John Paul White, who noted he was born the year one of his selections (“Most of Us Are Sad”) came out.

Raitt was, not surprisingly, the MVP of the night, dueting with Carlile on “Peaceful Easy Feeling,” contributing a slide guitar solo on “Heartache Tonight,” and taking verses in the show-closing ensemble numbers. The next best thing to hearing Raitt covering the entire Eagles catalog would have been hearing her do a few solo numbers, but her collaborative efforts (as she played well with others) were the next best thing to that.

Song choices in the two-and-a-half-hour show included tunes originally sung by other members of the Eagles, with a nod toward the fact that Frey’s name appeared with a co-writing credit on the vast majority of the group’s material, and he was a key instigator behind songs that he generously allowed Don "Golden Throat" Henley and others to take the lead on, like “One of These Nights.” White pointed out that “Most of Us Are Sad” had been a rare Frey solo composition written before the Eagles formed, even though Randy Meisner was handed the vocal reins on the 1972 debut album.

White fared perhaps best in effortlessly recapturing Frey’s deceptively relaxed vocal tones, also taking on what remains arguably the Eagles’ best ballad, the seemingly thousand-verse “New Kid in Town.” (The Eagles: now there was a band that knew something about civil wars.) Amanfu didn’t seem to have quite the same sense of Eagles history, failing to note that “Sad Café” was written specifically about the Troubadour, but she had her own personal take on the band’s original ‘70s-era swan song -- “I’m still in a generation that is inside the sad café, trying to change the world” -- with an interpretation that was one of the night’s particularly tender highlights.

Country star Womack admitted she was “very nervous -- I’m gonna do my best,” and showed it a little during an initial version of “I Can’t Tell You Why,” a melody that probably no one except Timothy B. Schmit should ever tackle. She regained her form during “Best of My Love,” generously acknowledging JD Souther’s principal writing contribution. Fellow Texan Ingram put a ramshackle spin on the rueful “Wasted Time” and rowdy “Life in the Fast Lane,” joined for the latter by a house band that included the core lineup of the group Venice and a few veterans of the Eagles’ group and solo tours.

Although that house band provided most of the backup, an early evening highlight had the Cedric Burnside Project joined by Shannon McNally for improbably fiery renditions of a couple of numbers from Frey’s solo career. “Smuggler’s Blues” played as an actual gutbucket blues… who could have guessed?

Filling the sentimental favorite role was Tempchin, the very un-rock-star-like guy who was the lone writer on the rock classic “Already Gone,” and had a rare chance to sing it in front of a roaring band. “It’s been a long time since I played here as the harmonica player in Longbranch Pennywhistle,” Tempchin said, recalling the pre-Eagles band fronted by Frey and Souther. Preceding his solo acoustic version of “The One I Love,” Frey’s first post-Eagles top 20 hit, Tempchin recalled the night it was written.

“We knew each other for 10 years before we ever tried to write a song together,” Tempchin said. “The Eagles went on a bit of vacation… He had rented a house in the Hollywood hills, and he had a hundred candles burning in there... I said, ‘Glenn, what’s with the hundred candles? After we write, do you have a date or something?’ He said, ‘No, man, that’s (for) the muse. See, she’s up there, and there’s a lot of guys tonight trying to write a song, and we want to make sure she comes down and visits us.”

At one point, Jackson Browne was rumored to take part in the Americana salute, which came together over the last 15 days, but he ended up being drafted to join the surviving Eagles for Monday night’s tribute on the Grammys, which will also include Lady Gaga’s salute to David Bowie.

Setlist:
Take It to the Limit — Venice
Who’s Been Sleeping in My Bed — Cedric Burnside Project and Shannon McNally
Smuggler’s Blues — Cedric Burnside Project and Shannon McNally
Desperado — Venice
I Can’t Tell You Why — Lee Ann Womack
One of These Nights — Nicki Bluhm
After the Thrill is Gone — Jessie Baylin
Hollywood Waltz — Escondido
Wasted Time — Jack Ingram
Sad Café — Ruby Amanfu
Tequila Sunrise — Sam Outlaw
Best of My Love — Lee Ann Womack
Most of Us are Sad — John Paul White
New Kid in Town — John Paul White
Life in the Fast Lane — Jack Ingram
The One You Love — Jack Tempchin
Already Gone — Jack Tempchin
Peaceful Easy Feeling — Brandi Carlile and Bonnie Raitt
Heartache Tonight — Nicki Bluhm and Bonnie Raitt
Lyin’ Eyes — ensemble
Take It Easy — ensemble

Prettymaid
02-15-2016, 01:16 PM
"No man, that's for the muse!" Lol

Outlawman13
02-15-2016, 01:43 PM
Thank you for that amazing review Steve! So awesome that you went to that! And that article is pretty impressive too! LOL I love what Glenn said as well!! That's for the muse!

Freypower
02-15-2016, 05:14 PM
They could have included far better solo songs than WBSIMB. While I understand emphasising the 'generosity' aspect I think Wasted Time is a particularly strange inclusion. They should have included something from the rapidly fading LROOE, an album where Glenn actually had some standout moments.

Jonny Come Lately
02-15-2016, 06:29 PM
Thanks for posting the review Steve, an excellent summary and really gives a feel of what it would have been like to be there. Thanks also to UtW and Dreamer for posting the link and article respectively.

I agree that LROOE should have been represented, even if only with How Long (although I'd personally have been very happy if, say, YANA, IDTWNW or Somebody had been included, and IYWN could have been very moving).

Of the songs included that weren't Glenn vocals, I feel most of them can be justified. In my opinion I Can't Tell You Why fully justifies its inclusion - it was one of his personal favourites, inspired by the R&B music he loved so much, and features his beautiful guitar solos. One Of These Nights I believe was Glenn's favourite Eagles song, so I'm sure he'd have been happy to have it on the setlist, and although Take It To The Limit is Randy's signature song, Glenn has sung it live with the Eagles, while Desperado is a song he has performed himself albeit not with the band. MOUAS is a song he wrote on his own, while The Sad Café has particularly significance to the Troubadour.

Wasted Time and The Best Of My Love admittedly do not seem like especially obvious choices for a Glenn tribute, but in fairness, both songs do feature Glenn in important roles (the piano on the former and acoustic guitar on the latter are both probably the most recognisable pieces of music on those songs). The main one that slightly confuses me is Hollywood Waltz. It's a pretty good song, but not a hit and hardly a definitive Glenn work - when I hear that one I tend to think mainly of Don H and Bernie. If there's one song I wish had been included, it would have to be James Dean, as it would acknowledge both Glenn's life and that of one of his favourite film stars.

Brooke
02-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Steve, thanks so much for your review and how cool that you got to go to this wonderful event!

I, too, would have chosen a couple other "Glenn" songs rather than Wasted Time and Best of My Love, but whatever! The Heat is On and Somebody come to mind.

GlennLover
02-17-2016, 12:32 AM
Steve, thanks so much for your review and how cool that you got to go to this wonderful event!

I, too, would have chosen a couple other "Glenn" songs rather than Wasted Time and Best of My Love, but whatever! The Heat is On and Somebody come to mind.

Jack Tempchin could have sung Somebody. He co-wrote it & I have seen a video of him performing it.

shunlvswx
02-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Here's an article and pictures from last Saturday tribute event for Glenn.

http://www.thebluegrasssituation.com/read/photos-inside-amas-glenn-frey-tribute-night-troubadour

02-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Thanks again, shun. I'm going to go ahead and post that article with some of the pictures, but not all of them ...

Photos: Inside the AMA's Glenn Frey Tribute Night at the Troubadour

February 15th, 2016 / By Amy Reitnouer (http://www.thebluegrasssituation.com/columnist/amy-reitnouer)

It was late afternoon in West Hollywood. The warm California sunshine was streaming through the musty windows of the iconic Troubadour nightclub on Santa Monica Boulevard, illuminating the nooks and crannies of a space typically only seen in the dim lighting of a rock show. A group of folks -- including Americana Music Association head Jed Hilly and his right-hand wonderwoman Michelle Aquilato -- were scrambling around the front bar, using it as a de facto office space in preparation for the evening’s activities: an all star, pre-Grammy tribute to Eagles’ co-founder Glenn Frey, who passed away last month following complications from rheumatoid arthritis.

Throughout the day, artists had been shuffling in and out to go over their performances with the house band -- local stalwarts Venice. At one point, former Civil Wars front man John Paul White coolly and quietly strode in for rehearsal. His first few notes made the whole place come to an abrupt stop. White’s vocals on “New Kid in Town” sounded like Frey himself had wandered back to into the room where his band was formed. (It was in that same front bar where he and Don Henley first met back in 1970.)

It was this same hallowed nature that pervaded the whole evening. Nearly every one of the 20 guests spoke of how the Eagles' music had influenced them in one way or another, or how they weren’t worthy of playing Frey and Henley’s songs on the stage that launched them to fame. (The evening’s most notable moments came from Lee Ann Womack, Ruby Amanfu, Escondido, and the iconic Bonnie Raitt.) And, with on-stage appearances by legends like photographer Henry Diltz (who shot the band’s first two album covers) and songwriter Jack Tempchin (who penned mega hits like “Peaceful Easy Feeling”) -- plus the attendance of the band’s longtime manager Irving Azoff and Frey’s widow and family -- the evening felt more like a reverent celebration of life than just another tribute show.

http://bluegrass-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/glenn-frey-grammy-tribute-troubadour-6.jpgPhotographer Henry Diltz remembered his long-time friend and fellow adventurer.

http://bluegrass-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/glenn-frey-grammy-tribute-troubadour-7.jpg
Lee Ann Womack offered up poignant takes on "Best of My Love" and "I Can't Tell You Why."

http://bluegrass-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/glenn-frey-grammy-tribute-troubadour-14.jpg
Jack Tempchin, a Frey co-writer, dug into “The One You Love” and “Already Gone.”

http://bluegrass-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/glenn-frey-grammy-tribute-troubadour-15.jpg
Ruby Amanfu puts her heart and soul into "Sad Café" -- a song written about the Troubadour.

http://bluegrass-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/glenn-frey-grammy-tribute-troubadour-19.jpg
Bonnie Raitt and Nicki Bluhm tear through "Heartache Tonight."

http://bluegrass-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/glenn-frey-grammy-tribute-troubadour-18.jpg
Bringing it on home with "Lyin' Eyes" and "Take It Easy."

All photos by Austin Nelson for The Bluegrass Situation

Freypower
02-19-2016, 05:14 PM
I looked at the other photos & everyone did seem to put their hearts & souls into it.

Poor Danny Grenier. He's someone we haven't mentioned much. He must be going through hell. He was such a loyal bandmate & I was lucky enough to see him a few times. I will never forget the look on his face at the Opera House when he saw how I reacted to The Girl From Yesterday. :grouphug:

shunlvswx
02-19-2016, 05:28 PM
I have seen pictures of Danny in Glenn's solo band, but never knew his name.

buffyfan145
02-19-2016, 05:43 PM
Those are really great photos. :)

AlreadyGone95
02-19-2016, 09:22 PM
Those photos are cool! I'm glad that they were taken.

I've thought about Danny, and the other guys like Michael Thompson, Scott Crago, Al Garth, and Will Hollis. They had played with the band or Glenn since the 80s or 90s. They may have onky been "backing" musicians, but they were still important and I'm sure friends with Glenn.

Glennhoney
02-19-2016, 10:14 PM
I did see a post from Al Garth and his wife somewhere...can't remember where...will look for it..

shunlvswx
02-13-2017, 01:16 PM
Today's the one year anniversary of the tribute show to Glenn at the Troubadour.:cry:

sodascouts
02-13-2017, 10:31 PM
Wish I could have gone!

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2017, 06:36 AM
Me too. A FB friend of mine was there and she posted a very good article about the function. I know it probably would have been virtually inmpossible ti have had a tribute that would have been accessible to fans from everywhere, and obviously the usual antics wrt ticket sales would have occurred, but it would have been lovely to have had some public tribute in some way. At least we had our own Border tribute and I found that very cathartic

02-19-2017, 03:00 PM
Thanks for reviving this thread for the anniversary, shun. I will always think of this as the event that kicked off 'Glenn Frey tribute week' last year. It goes without saying that I would have loved to have been there too.