PDA

View Full Version : Pebble Beach 2008

Pages : [1] 2

timfan
11-11-2007, 05:19 PM
I was looking at the Pebble Beach website this afternoon and Glenn has already been confirmed to be playing this year's tournament http://www.attpbgolf.com/players/celebrities.php But the big news is GUESS WHAT!!! My father and I are going!!! :D :D :D

We are going to spend a week in Pebble Beach and then a week in San Francisco!! YAY!!!!!

sodascouts
11-11-2007, 06:25 PM
Hmmm, should I go? I don't know.... ;)

Glennsallnighter
11-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Well, Soda! I know :wink:
And I'd be there if it wasn't so far away!

TF I think thats fantastic that you and your dad will be there!

Freypower
11-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Good for you, TF. The 'living vicariously' stuff starts again....

Mrs Frey
11-12-2007, 06:19 AM
TF, how lovely for you that you and your father are going to Pebble Beach. Of course, needless to say, we are going to want details from your meeting with Glenn :heart:. And we KNOW you are going to meet Glenn :heart:... :wink:

Soda, of course you're going, girlfriend! :wink:

EasyFeeling
11-12-2007, 07:31 AM
Hmmm, should I go? I don't know.... ;)

http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif That's what I call The Joke Of The Day! :wink:
TF, I'm glad for you and I'm :jealous:

glenneaglesfan
11-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Fantastic news, Tf . I'm really pleased for you. I'm still searching for some conference in California that I need to go to!

Brooke
11-14-2007, 04:07 PM
That is so cool for you, tf!

And Soda, no question! :partytime:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-27-2007, 04:27 PM
Okay - I am OFFICIALLY excited, now. I made my plane reservations last night! The countdown begins for me - less than 6 weeks away! :smitten: :partytime:

timfan
12-27-2007, 06:37 PM
WOOT!! Yeah we made our plane reservations about a week ago :) It sure makes it seem more real that's for sure!! :D

Glennsallnighter
12-28-2007, 05:27 AM
Thats wonderful for you both TF and Dreamer. I hope all the preparations go smoothly. How I envy you. I havent a hope in hell of going!

Molly
12-28-2007, 04:35 PM
Okay - I am OFFICIALLY excited, now. I made my plane reservations last night! The countdown begins for me - less than 6 weeks away! :smitten: :partytime:

Guess who'll be sitting next to Kay on the flight to California? http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_1_2091.gif

Brooke
12-28-2007, 05:40 PM
8) Ok, you guys are making me jealous now!

timfan
12-28-2007, 10:52 PM
looks like Glenn is going to have quite the group around him this year!! :D

Sheryl I'm so glad you're coming! It's going to be loads of fun! :)

12-29-2007, 12:47 AM

Guess who'll be sitting next to Kay on the flight to California? http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_1_2091.gif

Hmmm - S, do you think I can talk you into holding my purse!!! :D

And for all of you who can't be with us, I wish you could be. Imagine how scared Glenn would be if all of us showed up! :fear:

sodascouts
12-29-2007, 01:42 AM
And for all of you who can't be with us, I wish you could be. Imagine how scared Glenn would be if all of us showed up! :fear:

Either scared or bragging to his teammates how it seems a heck of a lot of women love to watch Glenn Frey golf. ;)

Molly
12-29-2007, 10:27 AM

Either scared or bragging to his teammates how it seems a heck of a lot of women love to watch Glenn Frey golf. ;)

"A lot of women love to watch Glenn Frey golf" Hmmm, sounds like a line from a song!

rcknalwys
12-29-2007, 11:32 AM
All I can say is enjoy, enjoy, enjoy! And tell us all about it when you return, TF and Dreamer.

timfan
12-30-2007, 02:10 PM
5 weeks from today I'll be leaving for Pebble Beach, not that I'm counting or anything..... :blush: :)

I'm really getting excited now that it's getting closer. All of our plans are coming together, it's going to be a fun two weeks! It feels good to get away and enjoy myself after the rough year :) .

Glennsallnighter
12-30-2007, 07:06 PM
5 weeks from today I'll be leaving for Pebble Beach, not that I'm counting or anything..... :blush: :)

I'm really getting excited now that it's getting closer. All of our plans are coming together, it's going to be a fun two weeks! It feels good to get away and enjoy myself after the rough year :) .

It HAS been a rough year for you TF. I hope 2008 goes better for you. Enjoy your trip!

12-31-2007, 02:28 AM
"A lot of women love to watch Glenn Frey golf" Hmmm, sounds like a line from a song!

Yep - I think we definitely need to pen a new song and call it I Love To Watch Glenn Frey Golf. :D

And Molly - I love that new AV of yours.

EasyFeeling
12-31-2007, 08:32 AM
Oh, I'm very happy for you all. :D :D I'm so curious to know what happens this time. Glenn will be thrilled to see you again and I think he expects to see you there. :wink:

glenneaglesfan
12-31-2007, 12:31 PM
Whoo hoo, Sheryl!! That's terrific that you are joining Kay and Kathryn and her Dad. I'm not going to say I'm not a little jealous, but unless that lottery win comes up...

Nancy? Lissa? You two aren't going to let Glenn down, are you?

sodascouts
12-31-2007, 12:48 PM

Are you kidding, GEF? There's no way I'd miss PB! Lissa doesn't really get on the computer much during the holidays, but she's going too. I just haven't said much 'cause I figure it's a given that I'm gonna be there. ;)

timfan
12-31-2007, 03:17 PM
I just haven't said much 'cause I figure it's a given that I'm gonna be there. ;)

:D How true is that! and I'm sure Glenn will be very pleased to see you and Lissa and Kay! 8)

Freypower
01-01-2008, 12:09 AM

YO! Molly! That's great!

I hear somebody whispering the words 'proximity and chance' to me. :shock:

God bless Australia. Not. :D

Molly
01-01-2008, 10:50 AM
And Molly - I love that new AV of yours.

Thanks. It's the front of the "50th birthday" t-shirt, which I managed to get my hot little hands on!

It's still a little surreal to me that I'm actually going. I'm really beginning to get excited about it. Thanks for the well-wishes. I promise to represent the board in a dignified and well-behaved manner. http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_1_721.gif

When I booked my hotel room, the gentleman on the phone asked me if I was coming out there as part of a conference or group. I thought about saying something like, "Yes, it's the Association of Frey Fanatics, Border Chapter".
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_17_2091-1.gif

01-01-2008, 10:12 PM
Whoo hoo, Sheryl!! That's terrific that you are joining Kay and Kathryn and her Dad. I'm not going to say I'm not a little jealous, but unless that lottery win comes up...

While Kath and her dad have separate plans from us, I'm sure we'll be seeing each other once we are actually on the golf course. :)

timfan
01-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Actually I just finalised the last of mine and my Dad's plans earlier today.. got the hotel booked in Monterey and got transportation from the San Francisco airport to Monterey. So it's really HAPPENING!! :shock:

glenneaglesfan
01-03-2008, 06:14 AM
I just haven't said much 'cause I figure it's a given that I'm gonna be there. ;)

Phew, this is going to be Partytime!!!

When I booked my hotel room, the gentleman on the phone asked me if I was coming out there as part of a conference or group. I thought about saying something like, "Yes, it's the Association of Frey Fanatics, Border Chapter".
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_17_2091-1.gif

Lol!! You should get some t-shirts made up!
Actually I just finalised the last of mine and my Dad's plans earlier today.. got the hotel booked in Monterey and got transportation from the San Francisco airport to Monterey. So it's really HAPPENING!! :shock:

Yay, Kath, it's so exciting!

sodascouts
01-03-2008, 01:28 PM
Composed during lunch:

I Love to Watch That Glenn Frey Golf

I love to watch that Glenn Frey golf
He aims his club and adjusts his hands
His hips and body rotate quickly
His club connects; his shot is tricky
He has the whole crowd in his thrall
We love to watch that Glenn Frey golf
Yeah, we love to watch that Glenn Frey golf

He likes the shots that go where they should
Not the ones that go a million miles away
And a penalty stroke is what you must pay
For the balls that you can’t get to any other way
His eyes look up; wind takes the ball
We love to watch that Glenn Frey golf
Yeah, we love to watch that Glenn Frey golf

Glenn feels his heart beating, and he wonders
“Could I ever make a ‘triple-eagle’?”
But if the ball comes at you, duck as fast as you can
Or else this game could be your final game

So it lands and then rolls towards the hole
So slow it’s almost standing still
Oh no, it’s skirting ‘round the edge
Now it’s heading down the hill
The ball spins so as it picks up speed
Its flight ends when it imbeds in a tree
Glenn sobs, “DAMMIT! I don’t understand!”
But I love to watch that Glenn Frey golf
Yeah, I love to watch that Glenn Frey golf

Brooke
01-03-2008, 04:28 PM
:rofl:

I actually burst out laughing here in my quiet office when I saw that! I had to make up an excuse! (Co-worker has no clue! No use explaining! :roll: )

Good job, Soda! :applause:

glenneaglesfan
01-03-2008, 07:16 PM
That's absolutely brilliant, Nancy!! I think you should present Glenn a copy of that - he'd love it!

sodascouts
01-03-2008, 10:35 PM
Glad you guys like it! But GEF - I don't think I should show it to Glenn. I don't want to give him a complex. ;)

Glennsallnighter
01-04-2008, 06:57 PM
OMIGOD!

SODA! That is absolutely FIRST CLASS!

No, I agree with GEF! Glenn :heart: HAS to see that!

01-05-2008, 12:05 AM
OMG - that did make me laugh. I especially like the last verse. It looks like Miss Nancy must be trying find something to amuse herself in between working on her dissertation. BTW, I think Glenn would get a kick out of this!

sodascouts
01-06-2008, 12:32 AM
It looks like Miss Nancy must be trying find something to amuse herself in between working on her dissertation.

Gee, how did you guess? lol

Glad you guys like it, but no way would I show it to Glenn! It's good, but it's not THAT good.

Glennsallnighter
01-06-2008, 08:04 AM
It looks like Miss Nancy must be trying find something to amuse herself in between working on her dissertation.

Gee, how did you guess? lol

Glad you guys like it, but no way would I show it to Glenn! It's good, but it's not THAT good.

It IS that good!

I agree with Dreamer! I think Glenn :heart: would be very amused and impressed by it.

EasyFeeling
01-06-2008, 11:08 AM
I totally agree! It's brilliant and Glenn should see that. Soda, if you don't want to give it to Glenn maybe Dreamer can do that. :twisted:

Mrs Frey
01-08-2008, 10:29 AM
Wow, Soda, you are a lady of many talents! :applause: That was very cleverly written, and so humorous too! I too think that you should show it to Glenn :heart:. He would appreciate your attention to detail - not only to the lyrics of the song and the way you've so brilliantly likened his golfing to a dance (well, that's the way I see it, anyway), but be flattered at how observant you are as he plays.

sodascouts
01-08-2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the kind words! I was going for the "mock epic" style of analogy, lol.

Perfect Little Sister
01-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Per the AT&T Pro-Am website:

TV COVERAGE (PST)
Thursday, Feb. 7 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. /5:30 – 8:30 p.m. The Golf Channel
Friday, Feb. 8 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. /5:30 – 8:30 p.m. The Golf Channel
Saturday, Feb. 9 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Feb. 10 12:00 – 3:30 p.m. CBS

Freypower
01-22-2008, 05:48 PM
A golf joke from the late Irish comedian Dave Allen:

Two deadly enemies ( :wink: are there any real life names you can insert here?) are playing golf. One man has a stroke and drops dead. The other man adds the stroke to his rival's card.

:twisted:

Glennsallnighter
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
A golf joke from the late Irish comedian Dave Allen:

Two deadly enemies ( :wink: are there any real life names you can insert here?)

:twisted:

Do they both begin with F? and play Golf?

Mrs Frey
01-24-2008, 07:49 AM
:shock: :lol: FP, that's awful, but very funny and clever!

glenneaglesfan
01-26-2008, 11:17 AM
I loved Dave Allen's dark Irish humour. Thanks, FP!!

01-26-2008, 11:33 AM
The countdown begins:

timfan
01-26-2008, 02:39 PM
woo hoooo!!!

I am now really getting excited! It seems like just yesterday it was 3 months to go now I'll be leaving in just 8 days!

01-27-2008, 01:27 PM

Molly
01-27-2008, 05:19 PM

It is going to be very very hard to concentrate on work, or anything else for that matter, this week.

Glennsallnighter
01-27-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm sure it will be! :wink:

01-27-2008, 09:55 PM
Holy crap, Molly. You mean we have to go to work this week! :idea:

Note to self: Remember to go to work this week!!! :twisted:

Mrs Frey
01-28-2008, 04:08 AM
LOL, Dreamer! :lol: I'm so excited for all of you going this year (and jealous too :jealous: :wink:) - the possibility of you speaking to Glenn :heart: is far greater at Pebble Beach than it is at one of the Eagles' concerts!

EasyFeeling
01-28-2008, 05:07 AM
LOL, Dreamer! :lol: I'm so excited for all of you going this year (and jealous too :jealous: :wink:) - the possibility of you speaking to Glenn :heart: is far greater at Pebble Beach than it is at one of the Eagles' concerts!

Not to speak of getting a hug and a kiss! :hug: :xoxo: :wink:

01-28-2008, 11:43 AM

Just in case you all haven't noticed, I'm getting a little excited. And just for the record, if I have anything to do with it, there will be some hugs and kisses exchanged on the golf course next week. :wink: :twisted:

glenneaglesfan
01-28-2008, 12:11 PM
Lol!! Watch out, Glenn!

EasyFeeling
01-28-2008, 03:12 PM
Nooooooooo Dreamer, we haven't noticed, you are counting the days but that's not really a hint of any excitement. :twisted:

I noticed something else... seems Dreamer and I are the only ones who are sitting on our avatars for ages. Looking at Dreamer's avatar ... ummmm... makes me guess Glenn could change his shirt on the golf course. Don't miss that chance to take a photo. :twisted:
BTW, how's the weather there? Hot? :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 06:22 PM

Just in case you all haven't noticed, I'm getting a little excited. And just for the record, if I have anything to do with it, there will be some hugs and kisses exchanged on the golf course next week. :wink: :twisted:

Now I'm really officially :jealous:. When do you folks head off and are you all in the same hotel?

sodascouts
01-28-2008, 06:25 PM
I am leaving Thursday to go to Lissa's - we're going to go to LA with her family that weekend. We'll go to Pebble Beach the next week, of course.

Glennsallnighter
01-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Oh Yummy! I wish.....................!

AgingHippieChick
01-29-2008, 12:37 AM
Would someone post the exact date for the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament? It will be televised won't it? I would normally rather do anything than watch golf on tv (yawn) but if Glenn is gonna play, I want to mark my calendar.

Thanks! :D

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:36 AM

Dreamer, don't DO that to me, girlfriend! :jealous: Rubbing it in and all that! :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:39 AM
Lol!! Watch out, Glenn!

And then he still has three ladies to worry about in London on 20 March! :wink: :twisted:

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:42 AM
Nooooooooo Dreamer, we haven't noticed, you are counting the days but that's not really a hint of any excitement. :twisted:

I noticed something else... seems Dreamer and I are the only ones who are sitting on our avatars for ages. Looking at Dreamer's avatar ... ummmm... makes me guess Glenn could change his shirt on the golf course. Don't miss that chance to take a photo. :twisted:

Ooh, EF, you are a bad girl, aren't you? :wink: Regarding avatars, I change mine every now and then because there's just so many gorgeous pictures that I wish I could have them as my avatar all at the same time. :blush:

Dreamer, now you heard EF - we want PHOTOS, girl, PHOTOS. :twisted:

Mrs Frey
01-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Would someone post the exact date for the Pebble Beach Golf Tournament? It will be televised won't it? I would normally rather do anything than watch golf on tv (yawn) but if Glenn is gonna play, I want to mark my calendar.

Thanks! :D

You know AHC, I find that I'm developing an interest in golf these days. I wonder why that could be... :twisted: :wink:

01-29-2008, 11:22 AM

Now I'm really officially :jealous:. When do you folks head off and are you all in the same hotel?

Molly and I are flying out on Monday, and will meet up with Soda and PLS on Monday evening, and, yes, we are staying at the same hotel.

And AHC - I copied over some times that PLS posted a few pages ago. Hope someone will be able to tape it for us.

Per the AT&T Pro-Am website:

TV COVERAGE (PST)
Thursday, Feb. 7 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. /5:30 – 8:30 p.m. The Golf Channel
Friday, Feb. 8 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. /5:30 – 8:30 p.m. The Golf Channel
Saturday, Feb. 9 12:00 – 3:00 p.m. CBS
Sunday, Feb. 10 12:00 – 3:30 p.m. CBS

Note: These are Pacific Standard Times.

EasyFeeling
01-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Ooh, EF, you are a bad girl, aren't you? :wink: Regarding avatars, I change mine every now and then because there's just so many gorgeous pictures that I wish I could have them as my avatar all at the same time. :blush:

Dreamer, now you heard EF - we want PHOTOS, girl, PHOTOS. :twisted:

Me? :twisted: Nah, I'm not bad just want to get an adequate compensation for not being able to go. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2008, 04:05 PM

Dreamer, don't DO that to me, girlfriend! :jealous: Rubbing it in and all that! :wink:

MF! That count down is killing me too! But don't worry! Our day will come too......

Freypower
01-29-2008, 06:17 PM
I should be able to record it straight to DVD as I did last year.

It's good to see that most people on the board have something to look forward to this year.

Glennsallnighter
01-29-2008, 06:26 PM
I hope the boys make it to Australia at some stage soon and then you too will have something Glenn :heart: related to look forward to as well FP! :pray:

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 01:57 AM

MF! That count down is killing me too! But don't worry! Our day will come too......

:D

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 01:58 AM
I hope the boys make it to Australia at some stage soon and then you too will have something Glenn :heart: related to look forward to as well FP! :pray:

I hope so too, FP. :pray:

EasyFeeling
01-30-2008, 04:58 AM
In case you haven't notice, MF & GA, you are counting in the wrong thead. :P

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 05:15 AM
LOL, EF! :lol: We are, aren't we? :blush: Well, I suppose we were just trying to keep up with Dreamer, since she was making us jealous and all... :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2008, 06:07 AM

Well if you like we can count over there as well EF ???

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2008, 06:08 AM
Lol!! Watch out, Glenn!

And then he still has three ladies to worry about in London on 20 March! :wink: :twisted:

3 ladies and a tot!

EasyFeeling
01-30-2008, 07:34 AM

Well if you like we can count over there as well EF ???

Oh, you can count wherever you want, GA. :wink:

Mrs Frey
01-30-2008, 10:26 AM
Lol!! Watch out, Glenn!

3 ladies and a tot!

Nooo, GA, it's not Glenn :heart: who has to look out for Timtot, but Timothy! :wink:

01-30-2008, 11:07 AM

EF, the reason I won't change my avatar is because some of you have already admitted that you will steal it from me. I may never get it back if I change it. :D

And as far as being jealous MF, I'm sure you will pay me back in about 50 days. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
01-30-2008, 12:33 PM

EF, the reason I won't change my avatar is because some of you have already admitted that you will steal it from me. I may never get it back if I change it. :D

And as far as being jealous MF, I'm sure you will pay me back in about 50 days. :wink:

In about 50 days MF will be on a flight! But I will :D

Mrs Frey
01-31-2008, 01:48 AM

Regarding your avatar, Dreamer, you are a wise woman. :wink: :twisted:

As for my jealousy, it doesn't matter that I'm going to London in 49 days. You're still going to get up close and personal with him at Pebble Beach and I'm STILL jealous. :jealous: :wink: (I still want details, though, and you, Soda, Molly, PLS and TF WILL put a good word in for GA, Timtot, GEF and myself WHEN you speak to Glenn :heart:, won't you? :wink: I'm on my KNEES here, girlfriend! He needs to know that South Africa has a need for the Eagles! :pray: )

glenneaglesfan
01-31-2008, 12:09 PM
And Australia, and Germany! :wink:

Dreamer, you are very wise not to let go of that av!

Fp, I do hope you can get Pebble beach on DVD. It's on a subscription channel over here, so I won't see it.

01-31-2008, 01:17 PM

Yep - See, I know better than to let go of my AV! Some of you are just shameless. :D :D So, should we just go ahead and draft a list of requests for Glenn to give to him next week? We could call it 'The Places to Go, Prices to Charge, and Songs to Sing Request List'. I'm sure he'll be most appreciative of the feedback. :D :D :D

Now, I have to tell you all about my dilimma that I just discovered. I checked the Pebble Beach celebrity list yesterday to see if it had been updated, and sure enough it has. My problem is that Dan Marino has been added to the list (this is the first time he has ever played in the tournament as far as I know). Now, for those of you who may not be familiar with Dan, he was the quarterback for my beloved football team, the Miami Dolphins. He was one of the greatest QB's to ever play. Since he retired, he is now a TV football commentator. I even went to Canton, Ohio a couple of years ago to see him get inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame. There were autograph sessions scheduled throughout that weekend, but I never even got close because you would have had to be in line hours ahead of time.

Now, the problem is that last year we stuck with Glenn during the whole tournament. I never even tried to find another celebrity. I REALLY would like to meet Dan and get an autograph. Maybe, I can sneak away from Glenn for a little while one day without him noticing. :wink: :wink: I just have to cross my fingers that Dan won't be on a different golf course. It just wouldn't be worth it if I have to spend too much time away from Mr. Frey.

Glennsallnighter
01-31-2008, 01:29 PM
Well I know who I'd be sticking with Dreamer! :wink: And I echo MF! Please put in a good word for myself, herself GEF and Timtot. We'd do ANYTHING for him!

Also girls, One last request (and MF I've beaten you to it here)....If Glenn :heart: just happened to have a spare guitar pick floating around.......well I wouldn't mind having one, you know :wink:

EasyFeeling
01-31-2008, 01:32 PM
True, GEF. :D

Ouch, that is really a dilemma. :shock: Two men at the same time... tz tz tz :fingerwag: I would go nuts if I had to choose between Glenn and Keith. :shock: I hope you will find a way to meet both. :wink:

Brooke
01-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Oh my, dreamer! What's a girl to do? I'm sure you will think of something! Hopefully, they will be on the same course and you can manage to keep them both happy! :wink:

Freypower
01-31-2008, 05:53 PM
As for requests.. ask him which new songs he's going to sing....he won't tell you though.

As for guitar picks, I don't have one either.... :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 08:23 AM

Yep - See, I know better than to let go of my AV! Some of you are just shameless. :D :D So, should we just go ahead and draft a list of requests for Glenn to give to him next week? We could call it 'The Places to Go, Prices to Charge, and Songs to Sing Request List'. I'm sure he'll be most appreciative of the feedback. :D :D :D

Now, I have to tell you all about my dilimma that I just discovered. I checked the Pebble Beach celebrity list yesterday to see if it had been updated, and sure enough it has. My problem is that Dan Marino has been added to the list (this is the first time he has ever played in the tournament as far as I know). Now, for those of you who may not be familiar with Dan, he was the quarterback for my beloved football team, the Miami Dolphins. He was one of the greatest QB's to ever play. Since he retired, he is now a TV football commentator. I even went to Canton, Ohio a couple of years ago to see him get inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame. There were autograph sessions scheduled throughout that weekend, but I never even got close because you would have had to be in line hours ahead of time.

Now, the problem is that last year we stuck with Glenn during the whole tournament. I never even tried to find another celebrity. I REALLY would like to meet Dan and get an autograph. Maybe, I can sneak away from Glenn for a little while one day without him noticing. :wink: :wink: I just have to cross my fingers that Dan won't be on a different golf course. It just wouldn't be worth it if I have to spend too much time away from Mr. Frey.

Highlighted text: :rofl: Oh, Dreamer, your wit is priceless!

I hope you get to meet Dan as well as Glenn :heart:, girlfriend. I'm sure that would just be the cherry on the cake for you.

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 08:26 AM
Well I know who I'd be sticking with Dreamer! :wink: And I echo MF! Please put in a good word for myself, herself GEF and Timtot. We'd do ANYTHING for him!

Also girls, One last request (and MF I've beaten you to it here)....If Glenn :heart: just happened to have a spare guitar pick floating around.......well I wouldn't mind having one, you know :wink:

Only one? That won't do. :nope: I have gigs lined up and I need inspiration! :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-01-2008, 10:06 AM
What have picks to do with inspiration MF :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Oh, GA, PLENTY when they've been graced by the elegant guitar fingers of Mr Frey. :inlove:

02-01-2008, 11:11 AM

Well, I just checked the AT&T Pebble Beach website to see if they have posted the pairing sheets yet, but they aren't there. Hopefully, they will show up soon so I will be able to see if Dan will be playing anywhere close to Glenn. I'm going to try to work something out as long as it doesn't take me away from Glenn too long.

As far as guitar picks, I would love to be able to get one for everyone, but, of course, I'm not sure that will happen. Glenn is picky (pun intended) about giving out those picks. Maybe we could talk him into donating a box of them to the site that we can ration as we see fit. :D :D :D

Brooke
02-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Glenn is picky (pun intended) about giving out those picks. Maybe we could talk him into donating a box of them to the site that we can ration as we see fit. :D :D :D

As I don't have one either, this would definitely work! :wink:

You might ask if they are scheduling more dates in the US this year and as Fp said, which new songs is he going to sing. Inquiring minds want to know! :lol:

Glennsallnighter
02-01-2008, 06:01 PM
I'm sure he is picky about picks! But we are picky about who's fan sites we pick to visit.... :D

Glennsallnighter
02-02-2008, 12:02 PM
In the absence of all of you who have already absconded

Glennsallnighter
02-02-2008, 12:03 PM
And Soda! You know why a pick would be particularly appropriate this year :wink:

02-02-2008, 12:14 PM
In the absence of all of you who have already absconded

:D :D :D

Thank you for that, GA. I wasn't going to forget - I'm just off to a late start this morning. Still no pairing sheets posted. I'm going to do most of my packing this afternoon because tomorrow I'll be running errands and watching the Super Bowl.

timfan
02-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I leave bright and EARLY :? tommorow morning for California :D . It's going to be lots of fun I'm sure and I can now truly say I'm extremely excited about going to Pebble Beach and getting to meet Glenn

EasyFeeling
02-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Girls, have a safe trip! :D Don't forget me if you get the chance to ask Glenn for guitar picks. And ask him if they plan to come to Germany this year. That's all what I want to know. :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-03-2008, 05:52 AM
Yes! Have a safe trip from me too! I'm dying to hear everything when you all get back. Hopefully accompanied by pics and picks :D

No seriously! Have a blast and tell Glenn :heart: we are all asking for him!

02-03-2008, 11:28 AM

Well, in a little over 24 hours, I'll be leaving for the airport. We will try to keep you all posted as soon as possible. And now for a little request of my own, PLEASE some of you try to tape the tournament for us, so we can get wonderful screen caps and interviews of Glenn.

Freypower
02-03-2008, 06:21 PM
I will do my best but it will depend on whether my husband is home or not. :?

Mrs Frey
02-04-2008, 04:02 AM

Well, I just checked the AT&T Pebble Beach website to see if they have posted the pairing sheets yet, but they aren't there. Hopefully, they will show up soon so I will be able to see if Dan will be playing anywhere close to Glenn. I'm going to try to work something out as long as it doesn't take me away from Glenn too long.

As far as guitar picks, I would love to be able to get one for everyone, but, of course, I'm not sure that will happen. Glenn is picky (pun intended) about giving out those picks. Maybe we could talk him into donating a box of them to the site that we can ration as we see fit. :D :D :D

Be sure to tell Glenn :heart: that a certain Mrs Frey needs a steady stock of picks since she's advertising the Eagles songs in her band on a regular basis. :twisted: :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-04-2008, 04:04 AM
I leave bright and EARLY :? tommorow morning for California :D . It's going to be lots of fun I'm sure and I can now truly say I'm extremely excited about going to Pebble Beach and getting to meet Glenn

I hope you get to meet him, TF! Good luck and go safe!

Mrs Frey
02-04-2008, 04:07 AM

Well, in a little over 24 hours, I'll be leaving for the airport. We will try to keep you all posted as soon as possible. And now for a little request of my own, PLEASE some of you try to tape the tournament for us, so we can get wonderful screen caps and interviews of Glenn.

Go safe, Dreamer!

Molly
02-04-2008, 07:59 AM
What comes after excited? Total spaz?
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/4_1_1121-1.gif
Gee, I actually managed to get 4 hours of sleep last night! That's 4 more than I expected to get.

Hubby will be driving me to O'Hare Airport in Chicago in 5 hours (leaving early since the weather is being somewhat uncooporative).
I should be meeting up with dreamer by early afternoon.

Still cannot believe I am doing this!

02-04-2008, 10:14 AM

Molly, we got about the same amount of sleep I see. Wow! If you're this excited about seeing me, I can just imagine how you'll be tomorrow. :D :D :D I'll be leaving for the airport in less than two hours. Wish us luck everyone!

AND THEY'RE OFF ...

EasyFeeling
02-04-2008, 01:03 PM
Oh, all have left the board :( I'm eagerly waiting to hear what's going to happen the next days. :D

glenneaglesfan
02-04-2008, 06:37 PM
This is so cool!

Molly and Timfan, as you are newbies here, I hope you have the adventure of a lifetime!!

Can't wait for your reports. :D

Glennsallnighter
02-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Me neither. Enjoy yourselves girls and good luck! :D :P :P

Give Glenn a big hug for me.

katherine5832
02-04-2008, 10:17 PM
I'm trying to keep track of who all went: Molly, Dreamer, Timfan, Soda...am I missing anyone? Now those are some dedicated fans! I bet they have a blast. I'm looking forward to their reports as well. If you ladies are checking in at all, I hope you guys have fun and get a lot of Glenn-time! Give him a hello from his home state of Michigan for me.

sodascouts
02-06-2008, 12:46 AM
For the first time, we decided to go to the practice day so we could get photos – and boy, did PLS get photos! We’ll post those soon…. If we get around to it (just teasing! We got a ton of ‘em!)

The day started off slowly. PLS, Dreamer, Molly and I got up early and, after getting a bit turned around trying to drive to the course due to the lack of signs, reached the first hole just in time to see Glenn’s group start. He was practicing with Huey Lewis, Kevin Costner, and Chris Berman (sportscaster for ESPN).

Shallow summary: Glenn looked great, as you will see from the photos! He was wearing a gray sweater with a beige stripe and baggy beige pants, with a navy blue cap that said CPD (I asked him what that stood for – he said “Chicago Police Department”). Early on he had his navy blue rain pains and jacket over them, but took them off after a couple holes.

The weather was glorious. While it started out chilly, before long the sun came out. The vistas of the course were absolutely lovely, and we could enjoy them more without the throng of people usually at the Pebble Beach course. Occasionally the wind would pick up, but overall, the weather was just right. People are going to be coming by the thousands if this weather keeps up – and the forecast predicts it will.

Overall, Glenn had an up-and-down day play-wise. On some holes, he did great – he even birdied on one that was a par five – on others, not so much. However, next to his fellow player Berman, he was looking mighty good. Berman was having an awful day… and one of us almost paid for it, as you will see!

We arrived unsure of what we would find. We had no idea when Glenn would be playing – we were told that the players “showed up whenever they wanted to.” It was basically a crap shoot. Thankfully, luck was with us. Glenn and his group were at the first hole waiting to play when we arrived. We sat on the brick wall and waited as well, eagerly anticipating what the day would bring.

Glenn seemed in good spirits, as did his group. He didn’t get a chance to talk to us until the second hole, after we had a bit of an “incident”! We were standing around watching the play and talking to the security marshal who was teasing us about following the “handsome guys” around – “Are you here for Huey Lewis? He’s pretty good looking. Kevin Costner? The ladies like him. Chris Berman? You here for him?” At this point, I said, “What are you talking about? We’re not looking at the guys. We just care about golf!” He snorted and said “I’ve been around a long time and I know better.” Then we said, “Who’s that other guy? He’s kind of cute,” laughing all the while. “Oh, that’s Glenn Frey,” the marshal said. “Of the Eagles.” “Glenn Frey?” We asked, pretending to be mystified. “Who’s he?” The marshal replied earnestly, “You’ve heard of the Eagles, right? They just released a new album….” “Hmm, I think we’ve heard about that…” We played with him along these lines for a while, lol.

Then, Berman took his shot. It was way off, and actually skimmed PLS’ back – and that sucker was going FULL SPEED. It would’ve hurt BAD if it had nailed her. Because it skimmed her, Berman was scared she was hurt. He ran over, asked her if she was OK, then gave her a big bear hug. Even after she assured him repeatedly that she was OK, he continued to hang on to her and apologize for several minutes. (Methinks he was just wanting to hold on to PLS for a bit longer than necessary! lol ). At that point, Glenn hurried over. “Wait ‘til I tell ya who you almost killed.” He swept his hands wide, indicating all of us . “These are my girls. These are Glennie’s Angels!” (I assume this was a reference to Charlie’s Angels, the old seventies TV series.) He looked over at Huey Lewis, who had come down as well. “I told you about these girls.” Huey smiled at us and joked with PLS that ESPN had some great stuff if she wanted to get a lawyer. Berman, who had finally let go of PLS, instructed us to stay behind him from now on and for a few holes, he would yell at her to stand back! I jokingly stepped in front of her a few times.

A couple holes later, PLS and I were divided from Dreamer and Molly by the pathway. Glenn came over to PLS and me and said, “I’d like to thank you for putting pen to paper. It’s so much better than e-mail.” For a moment, I didn’t understand what he was referring to. I thought, “It’s not like we even have your e-mail, Glenn.” Then I got what he meant. “OH, you got our fan letters!” He smiled, then turned around and walked over to Dreamer and Molly. “And thank you, too, Kay, for putting pen to paper.” At that point, Dreamer introduced him to Molly and he took her hand. “Hi Glenn,” she smiled, looking him in the eye. “Nice to meet you.” She says now she would have said more if she had not fallen into a Frey-triggered “temporary brain vapor lock,” as she puts it. From that point, a silly grin never left her face – and we all could relate! He smiled back and moved on to the next hole.

The fourth hole is where we really got our “special moment.” We were standing up on the bleachers watching the play. After Glenn finished his shots, he actually climbed the bleachers to talk to us! We were so thrilled. He said hello and asked us if we had been listening to the new album. We all chorused “Yes!” He asked “What’s your least favorite song?” I said “I don’t want to talk about that!” The last thing I wanted to do was go into a diatribe about how much I disliked "Frail Grasp." I was going to talk about the songs I DID like when Dreamer spoke up – “I like ‘em all!” He answered, “That’s what I like to hear!” Dreamer assured him she really meant it. I backed her up. “She’s not just kissing up!” He joked, “We gave you everything you could possibly need on that album except for health insurance.” We all laughed. I said I liked every song except 2. We got photos with him and talked about a lot of different topics – he chatted a bit about his kids and what they were up to, and a bit about what the Eagles were doing. He asked me if I had finished my dissertation. I said I was working on it, and he replied, "You sound like my daughter when I ask her if she's finished her homework." We also quizzed him about what he was going to be doing this year.

The scoops:
- The Eagles will be playing Madison Square Garden in New York City after they do Atlanta, but Glenn doesn’t know what else they will be doing this year yet.
- Glenn might do a solo album of standards from “my parent’s generation, while they’re still around.” I asked him if he was ever going to record “I’ll Come Running Back to You” like he said he would at Casino Rama, and he answered he would do that if he ever recorded a contemporary album... then added, “I don’t know.”
- Glenn is not going to do Broadway at this time. He said he has been approached to do the role of Billy Flynn for Chicago a couple times, and he had considered it, but when the stagehand strike took place, it shut everything down. Then, it was too late, because Long Road Out of Eden had taken off. He said, “The success of that album dictates everything I do for the next year.” I said, “But you must be happy!” He laughed and nodded. “Band morale’s at an all-time high… for now!” Dreamer snickered, “Yeah, for like the next ten minutes?” Glenn continued with his joke: “And I can give you six and a half million reasons why!”

After that, we saw timfan who had arrived in a cart. She told me that she found out from Glenn that Tim’s voice was now at 100%.

Glenn concentrated on his play from that point on. Costner had to leave, so they had to hurry and get done, without much time for socializing.

Since it was an informal game, there was lots of joking around. Some funny/cute moments that we remember:
- As Glenn, Huey, and Berman walked along the path at one point, Berman said his bad playing was due to a “Superbowl Hangover.” Glenn joked, “Don’t talk to me about playing with a hangover. Huey and I played hurt for twenty years!” Huey got a big laugh out of that, as did we all!
- Glenn was signing autographs for two guys, and they gave him index cards. He said he didn't like to sign cards because people use them to lift autographs, but he said, "I'm sure you guys won't do that," and signed them anyway. One guy said he wanted to put it on his album. Glenn said, "Well, then it would be worth seven dollars!"
- At one point before Berman shot, Huey asked everyone to join hands and pray. Then Berman made a really good shot! God apparently not only presides over football games, but golf games as well! ;)
- One time, when Berman was getting ready to hit, Glenn, Huey, and Costner were sitting side by side on a bench. They did a pose of “see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil” – Lewis was covering his eyes, Glenn his ears, and Costner his mouth.
- Costner brought his baby on the green towards the end of the day and was pushing the stroller down the fairway. Glenn played with the baby a little. So sweet!

So that was it… or so we thought! At the end of the day, we were beat. We were limping along, sore and tired and hungry, and looking pretty ragged. We stopped at concessions and got some water, then headed on out. As we slowly trudged towards the area where the shuttles were, Molly heard a familiar voice. “It’s Glenn!” She said, turning to the side. I was a bit behind Molly, and I just stopped and stared at her. “Huh?” My brain was working a little slowly. “No, it’s Glenn!” She cried, pointing. I turned and saw him – he was giving an interview on the other side of the road! Molly got the attention of PLS and Dreamer, and we all looked, smiling. However, he was busy, so we continued to trudge on.

To our amazed delight, after he finished the interview, he hurried across the street and caught up with us. “Hey!” We stopped and whirled around. “Where are you girls heading off to?” We told him we were heading towards the shuttles, so we could go back to our car. He chit-chatted a bit with us about where we were staying and if we were planning on eating at a special place for Fat Tuesday, etc. I told him the name of our hotel and he nodded, pretending that he recognized it. We all cracked up because we knew he’d never heard of that po-dunk, low-budget hotel! Dreamer joked, “Have you ever stayed there?” He didn’t answer, looking a bit sheepish. PLS: “Believe me, you’ve never stayed at this hotel – at least not in the last thirty-five years!” He joined in the laughter wryly. Returning to the food topic, Dreamer asked him if he had any suggestions. He couldn't come up with anything (probably realizing his faves were not in our price range). I joked that I'd seen a McDonald's nearby we girls might eat dinner at later. He laughed, "You're too good for that." I decided not to tell him that we'd gone there for breakfast. Then his car pulled up, driven by Carl the Caddy. We said our goodbyes and he hopped in.

We once again started slowly limping down the street and plodding up the hill. Glenn, noticing how pathetic we were, had Carl the Caddy pull up alongside us and then – he offered us a ride to the shuttle stop!!!! Stunned, we eagerly accepted and hopped in, all four of us squashing together in his back seat. It was a tight fit, but we didn’t care! Unfortunately (or fortunately!), we couldn’t find the shuttle stop, so he decided to take us to our car… but then we couldn’t find the right parking lot either… eventually, though, we found it and he dropped us off. He drove away after telling us he’d see us Thursday and making a crack about "The Long Walk." Suffice it to say, as we watched him pull away, our minds were completely blown. All we could say were variations on “GLENN FREY IS TOO FREAKING AWESOME FOR WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

And, of course….

“HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!”
;)

katherine5832
02-06-2008, 02:10 AM
Suffice it to say, as we watched him pull away, our minds were completely blown. All we could say were variations on “GLENN FREY IS TOO FREAKING AWESOME FOR WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

And, of course….

“HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!”
;)

HOLY CRAP indeed! My mind is blown and I'm not even there! Thanks for the detailed report, Soda. I'm so happy for all of you!

Perfect Little Sister
02-06-2008, 03:41 AM
Don't you just LOVE my new avatar??? There are many more pics to come!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/097.jpg

Mrs Frey
02-06-2008, 04:00 AM
OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY GOSH!!! OH MY GOSH!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :jawdrop: :jealous:

Soda, thank you for your wonderful report!!! I too am so happy for all of you girls! Glenn :heart: Frey is indeed an awesome, caring and wonderful person. I held my breath, and was almost crying as I read your account. I'm stunned. I'm also really happy that Timmy has recovered fully.

I reckon GA, Kate and I need to write Glenn :heart: letters! GA and I have been thinking about it for some time now, but we kept doubting that he'd get them! Oh, won't you girls PLEASE tell Glenn :heart: that he has two devoted fans flying in from Cape Town and Dublin to see him and the boys, as well as one in London? (Is there a begging emoticon here? :wink: )

PLS, your avatar is beautiful! :smitten: Thanks for posting the pic full size as well! I can't WAIT to see all the rest!

Glennsallnighter
02-06-2008, 05:30 AM
I AM Crying.

:weep: :weep: :weep:

Thanks so much for that brilliant report. Girls you had such a great day! Isn't Glenn :heart: such a thorough gnetleman! Its great that he recognised you and that he was able to give you some time! My mind would have been blown away too!

PLS Love the new av and looking forward to seeing some more of the pics.

TF I'm so glad Timmy's voice is back 100% now. Timtot will be delighted to hear that too!

Girls! I echo MF! Please please please let Glenn :heart: know that we will be in London to see him.

Here's to Thursday!!

EasyFeeling
02-06-2008, 05:32 AM
OMG.... HOLY CRAP !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock: :D :D :D :D :D

This is so freaking awesome! :D I'm so happy for you and really enjoyed your report. :D And that new photo is fantastic, PLS. Can't wait to see more.
I thought it couldn't get any better than last year but it seems you can looking forward to many more special moments. :D I had to laugh about what you've said about Molly and that she had a silly grin on her face, I really can imagine that.
I didn't know you wrote him letters, very cool.
Pleeeeease, tell him a German fan would like to know if they come to Germany this year.

So cool you got to see Huey Lewis and Kevin Costner. Both are good looking men. 8)

I'm looking forward to the next report from Glennie's Angels. :D

Glennsallnighter
02-06-2008, 07:21 AM
This, and another little trat which is happening at the moment have takes all my sensibility away! I can't even think to post elsewhere! I just keep rereading 'Glennies Angels posts!'

DonFan
02-06-2008, 10:17 AM
Memo to Glennie's Angels:

WOW! I am so happy for you guys! I just knew you would have many special moments with Glenn. What a great guy!

And a second WOW for Kevin Costner and Huey Lewis. :shock: 8) I love those guys!

Can't wait for part two!

Brooke
02-06-2008, 10:49 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: OMG!

Glennie's Angels!

Now that is just too freakin' awesome! You gals just ROCK! I'm soooooo happy for you and what a man that Glenn Frey is! 8) 8) 8)

Molly, I know without a doubt that I would have suffered from brain vapor lock, too. Hilarious!

And I'm so glad to know that God actually does preside over golf games too, Soda! :wink:

And the grand finale.....you actually rode in the same car with Glenn?! OMG! :fainting: :fainted: I would have, for sure, died and gone to heaven right then and there! :D

Gorgeous av, too, PLS! Can't wait to see more wonderful pics!

Do you think you gals will recover and be able to stand any more of this?! :twisted: :bow:

Glennsallnighter
02-06-2008, 12:09 PM
I hope they will because I for one want to hear a LOT more!!

sodascouts
02-06-2008, 01:17 PM
I know guys, we are still recovering - but we don't expect to have any more moments as special as that car ride again! That was just luck, that Glenn encountered us at our most pathetic and, being the gentleman that he is, gave us a ride!

Here are some photos with Costner and Lewis, since you guys like them!

(BTW, PLS designates the photos to be "copyright GlennFreyOnline.com" so no visitor can come along and sell them on Ebay! lol)

In the first one, Costner is with his baby, wife, and we think the nanny. The guy with Glenn is Carl the Caddy.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/107.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/014.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/013.jpg

And another close-up of the star of the show:
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/064.jpg

EasyFeeling
02-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww, what FANTASTIC pictures !!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D You do right to copyright them. :wink:
I hadn't recognized Huey Lewis :shock: Ok, he's not the youngest anymore. :wink:
Nah Soda, don't be so modest, he just like you all. I don't think he would do that for anybody.
Now, who's the sexiest and most attractive man of those three??? :headscratch: :wink: :inlove: Thanks for these great pictures. :D Can't wait to hear more tomorrow!

Brooke
02-06-2008, 03:11 PM
I know guys, we are still recovering - but we don't expect to have any more moments as special as that car ride again! That was just luck, that Glenn encountered us at our most pathetic and, being the gentleman that he is, gave us a ride!

These ladies must be the luckiest ladies alive! No joke! 8)

Wonderful pics so far! I'm another Kevin Chostner fan. These are just beautiful! Keep 'em coming! :D :D :D

Glennsallnighter
02-06-2008, 05:50 PM
Yes PLEASE!!! The more the merrier! He is GORGEOUS! I love that rugged natural look.

Did you manage to get any of YOURSELVES with him?

And I agree with Brooke. I'd say Glenn :heart: wouldn't just have given anyone a lift. You :angel: 's are special! And you deserved it.

Glennsallnighter
02-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Now, who's the sexiest and most attractive man of those three??? :headscratch: :wink: :inlove: !

Hmmmmm? :?:

Freypower
02-06-2008, 06:11 PM
Wow.... Glennie's Angels.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

That was interesting that he asked you what your least favourite track on the album was. I wondered what he expected to hear.

I'm so glad he read your letters. Sadly there doesn't seem much point in me writing, as I won't ever meet him. If you could give him a quick reminder about Australia I'd be grateful.

Enjoy yourselves. You deserve it.

sodascouts
02-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Yes, we all got photos with him! Those are on my digital camera, and we don't have an adapter here, so we can't upload them.

Some more:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/008.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/011.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/019.jpg

Mrs Frey
02-07-2008, 03:01 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa h... :inlove: What fantastic sporting photos... :sigh:

Thank you so much for posting these, Soda.

I didn't say as much as I wanted to in yesterday's post, since I was so giddy after I read your report and was unable to articulate! :blush:

I think Sugar's "Glennie's Angels" name for all of you is one of the sweetest names I've ever heard. His appreciation of all of you is so rare in a superstar like he is, and I couldn't think more highly of him if I tried because of it. :bow: What strikes me most about Glenn :heart: is that he pays attention. His sincerity blows me away.

PLS, your encounter with the golf ball must have been scary, but I'm sure you will agree that it all worked to your advantage in the end! However, I'm also sure that you would have preferred the hug you got to have been from Mr Frey... :twisted:

Molly, if I were meeting Glenn :heart: for the first time, I would feel exactly like you felt, except I'm not so sure that I would be as composed as you were!

The part where you were all pretending that you didn't know who Glenn :heart: was when the security guard was teasing you about following the "handsome" guys around absolutely cracked me up! :rofl:

Of course, being able to ride in the same golf buggy as Glenn :heart: must have been the icing on the cake for you all. Simply dreamy stuff.

It's fantastic that he made so much time for all of you, to have pictures taken and to chat, and remembered your letters to him as well. That REALLY impressed me. Soda, he even asked you about your dissertation! The man is incredible. No one deserves it more than all of you, since few fans would make so much effort (even if they could) for one of their favourite stars.

Once again, I am so happy for all of you.

EasyFeeling
02-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Now, who's the sexiest and most attractive man of those three??? :headscratch: :wink: :inlove: !

GA, I've meant Glenn is the best looking man of those three. :D

Ooooooh, more photos... these are great, thanks! :D :D :D I so wish I could be there... but I guess I couldn't say one word, especially not in English.

glenneaglesfan
02-07-2008, 07:23 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!!!

This is absolutely fabulous! Glennie's Angels - that is so sweet! What a wonderful, wonderful man to take so much interest and to remember all those details. Fancy him remembering your dissertation, Soda, and how sweet to thank you for your letters. <Sigh> Remember on the One Show how he and Joe spoke about fan letters? Molly, I think you were more articulate than I would have been!!

It made me smile to read your joshing with the security guy, and the fact that you mention talking to Kevin Costner and Huey Lewis in such a matter of fact way. You are walking with the stars here!!

PLS, the photos are superb!! Thank you so much for posting them up for us. The practice day certainly sounds relaxed.

And to top it all, Glenn gave you a lift in his car. That must have been INCREDIBLE!

Thank you, thank you for sharing your adventures so soon, and you all deserve the very best over the next couple of days. If you get a chance, let him know that there are going to be three of his greatest fans (and a Timtot!) watching him on March 20. (I'll be the small person with binoculars and a huge smile 6 rows back on Steuart's side!!)

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2008, 07:44 AM

Oh I know you did EF! As did I when I pretended to consider. Without doubt Glenn :heart: is the hottest, sexiest and most gorgeous man at pebble beach this year.

but I guess I couldn't say one word, especially not in English.

Oh say it anyway EF! I like learning new languages :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-07-2008, 08:02 AM

Ooooooh, more photos... these are great, thanks! :D :D :D I so wish I could be there... but I guess I couldn't say one word, especially not in English.

You needn't worry, EF. I too would struggle to articulate in English in Glenn's :heart: presence, and my first language is English! :blush:

Mrs Frey
02-07-2008, 08:06 AM
Thank you, thank you for sharing your adventures so soon, and you all deserve the very best over the next couple of days. If you get a chance, let him know that there are going to be three of his greatest fans (and a Timtot!) watching him on March 20. (I'll be the small person with binoculars and a huge smile 6 rows back on Steuart's side!!)

:nod: :nod: :nod:

I'll be the one (hopefully in the front row! :pray: ) singing along to absolutely every song, all wide-eyed and smiling, unable to sit still. :blush: And probably unable to take my eyes away from Glenn :heart: ... :blush:

Mrs Frey
02-07-2008, 08:08 AM

Oh I know you did EF! As did I when I pretended to consider. Without doubt Glenn :heart: is the hottest, sexiest and most gorgeous man at pebble beach this year.

Only at Pebble Beach, GA? :shock: :wink:

EasyFeeling
02-07-2008, 09:08 AM

Oh, I see! And I thought it was something wrong with the English.

Oh say it anyway EF! I like learning new languages :wink:

Ok, try this: Glenn, Du machst mich schwach! :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
02-07-2008, 01:26 PM
This is a pure guess!

Glenn :heart: you make me........... :censored: :lol:

Freypower
02-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I've just watched this morning's three hour coverage of Pebble Beach. Glenn was only shown for a minute or so, so there was no point recording it. I don't want to pre-empt what the ANGELS :wink: are going to tell us, but he was wearing an olive green sweater. He tried to putt a shot which unfortunately stopped right on the rim of the cup. He produced a big smile and then there were hugs all round for Craig Stadler and Huey Lewis.

Thanks to the ANGELS :angel: for those photos. His hair is longer, I think.

rcknalwys
02-07-2008, 09:17 PM
I'm just getting a chance to catch up and am so enjoying your adventures at Pebble Beach. All I can say is Way To Go Glennie's Angels! What an awesome time you all had. I loved reading about your adventures and can't wait to see more pics...the ones you've already shared were wonderful. Congrats on such a great experience.

sodascouts
02-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Did anybody record it? Unlike FP, I'll take even a minute or two of Glenn. :) It's fun to have a video memory.

I took some video Tuesday but it's kind of crappy. I'll upload it anyway when I get back.

More PB adventures are coming! Until then, here's a few more photos.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/030.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/035.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/037.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/038.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/039.jpg

copyright GlennFreyOnline.com

Freypower
02-07-2008, 10:30 PM
Soda, that's a bit unfair. It was only a minute. It is not that I didn't want to record it but I thought the segment was far too short to have on one DVD. I can't just record it and then start again like I could have done with videotape. I am anticipating that tomorrow and Sunday there will be more than one segment and that on Sunday there will be an interview.

However, obviously I enjoyed watching the segment, short though it was.

Thank you for the next batch of photos.

Brooke
02-07-2008, 11:16 PM
I do not get the Golf channel. But I will try to get the Sat & Sun coverage on CBS.

Lovely new pics, too, Angels!

sodascouts
02-07-2008, 11:45 PM
I'm sorry I sounded cross, FP. I was just disappointed. Certainly no one is obligated to record anything!

Part two coming up!

sodascouts
02-07-2008, 11:56 PM
We arrived a little late – although we tried very hard to get there on time! I mean, I even got up at 4:30 am! But you know how it is. Things always take longer than you think they will. Timfan and her dad were able to make it on time though!

Glenn played first at 8:00. He was paired with Craig Stadler. Unlike previous years, he was not with Clay Walker. Instead, the other pair was Huey Lewis and Peter Jacobsen. His handicap is now up to 16, BTW. (At one point, Glenn joked, "I'm gridlocked at 16!")

He played the Poppy Hills golf course, which is not a coastal golf course like the others. As a result, it’s a little easier to navigate – not as steep and all that. Although the morning started out chilly, it warmed up nicely, and by the end, I didn’t even need a jacket.

When we caught up to Glenn and his group at 8:45, they were already at the third hole. Because his team was first and no one was ahead of him, they moved quickly. We had just crossed the bridge – the same bridge PLS and I first caught a glimpse of Glenn on back in 2006 – and he was heading the other way. We were a little ahead of him, but he caught up to us and told us, “Top of the mornin’ to you, ladies!” as he passed. We walked with him to where the sidewalk divided, and I got confused. “Do we go straight or right?” I knew the one on the right was probably just for pros, but I didn’t know for sure. He laughed. “You can’t go down here, Nancy,” he said and then turned to go with the pros. I obediently took the other path, as Dreamer quickly chimed in, “I knew that!”

Glenn played well overall, but somewhat inconsistently. He looked good in an olive green sweater that matched Stadler’s sweater in color. His pants were navy blue and he wore the CPD hat again. While he was not always happy with his play, he kept his team alive because Stadler was doing so poorly. Even though Stadler ended up two over par, the team as a whole was three UNDER par thanks to Glenn's talent.

The weather heated up and became more and more beautiful with each hole. Occasionally Glenn glanced over and grimaced after a play he was unhappy with (even though none of them were THAT bad). It was after the ninth hole, however, when we got to have a little more fun! As we left the ninth hole to go past the clubhouse, PLS and I were hurrying up in the front and Dreamer and Molly were hanging a bit behind (Dreamer has short legs). She overheard a guy ask for Glenn’s autograph on his LROOE CD. Glenn said, “I can’t right now,” then called Carl the Caddy over. He told him, “Carl, get over here and do your job. I gotta talk to my angels.” At this point, I was oblivious to Dreamer hissing “slow down” at me and PLS, going ahead full speed. Glenn was forced to call out, “HEY!” PLS heard him but couldn’t see him, so we kept going. Then he yelled, “LIVERMORE!” and PLS immediately turned right around. “We have to go back!” she cried. I figured PLS knew what she doing so I followed, although I still hadn’t heard him. I don’t know what’s wrong with me – maybe I need a hearing aid!

He walked up to us with an empty Minute Maid orange juice bottle and a twenty dollar bill. He handed them to PLS. “Can you fill this with high octane?” he asked us. I looked at him blankly, although I think everyone else knew what he meant. I guess he noticed my blank look and figured we needed more explanation, so he continued, “Get orange juice and vodka and put together a screwdriver for your uncle Glenn.” “OF COURSE!” we all cried, thrilled once again to be of service. Dreamer asked him where to go, and he indicated the nearby clubhouse. “Meet you at the 10th tee,” he said as he left.

The clubhouse was nearby, open to the public, and easy to get to – unlike last year! We all tromped in together eagerly, and Molly had the honor of handing over the money (we paid for it ourselves). The bartender filled up the Minute Maid bottle with the screwdriver so that it looked very innocuous and non-alcoholic. We carried it back to Glenn as quickly as we could – in less than fifteen minutes, we were handing the bottle and Glenn’s money back to Carl the Caddy, mission accomplished. When Glenn saw us holding it off to the side, he made a little puppy-dog begging gesture – so cute! Once Carl the Caddy had delivered it, Glenn mouthed “Thank you!” and did a bit of a little bit of a bow. He took a sip and then made a big “OK” sign with his fingers. Apparently he really needed a drink!

And it seemed to work, as he birdied the next two holes! By the eleventh hole, he was coming up to us and saying, “It’s the magic juice!” At that point, there was a lull because play was backed up. Huey Lewis was standing around waiting, and Glenn grabbed him and brought him over to us. He spread out his hands, indicating us, and said, “Angels, angels every one!” Huey intoned, “Babes!” We all giggled, even though some of us knew we were hardly babe-a-licious! He indicated Dreamer – “She’s from Virginia” – and PLS – “She’s from Livermore” – and then when he got to me, he said, “She’s from Lafayette, Indiana – Purdue University. She’s been working on the same paper for seven years!” I blushed. He said, with a teasing smile, “She’s a professional student!” Before I had to chance to correct him and say I had only been working on my PhD five years, only three of which had been dedicated to my dissertation, and that it's not terribly abnormal to take that long, he looked back at Carl the Caddy. So, I turned to Huey and told HIM that… and he laughed and said, “OK.” (As if he cares! lol)

Before Glenn got too far, PLS called out, “Glenn, would you sign something?” and held up her red envelope with a blow-up of one of the photos she had taken Tuesday (We’d each picked out a photo and were keeping them in red envelopes). Glenn turned back around and looked back towards us again. Huey asked what we had in the envelopes, and Glenn added, “What have you got there? I was wondering what you had in there, too.” PLS replied jokingly as she pulled out her photo, “A fabulous piece of artwork!” He took a look at it – an action shot of him swinging the club – and he was very pleased. Apparently she had caught him in very good form. Huey complimented him on his swing and told him he looked like a professional golfer there. Glenn of course was delighted by that! He was more than happy to sign it. Then, we all got out our photos as well and he signed them, too. He told PLS, “You got some good pictures here!” Now it was her turn to be delighted! After that, it was time for play to start, and Huey called to Glenn teasingly, “Stop socializing! You’re here to play golf, not to have fun!” Glenn laughed and walked away.

When Glenn was about to make his hit, Huey joked, “If you make this, the crowd will go wild!” indicating us and the crowd around us. He made it, and we all did – of course!

On the next hole, a marshal popped open a Coke just as Stalder took a swing. At the time, Glenn had come down to the sidewalk. We caught up to him and PLS joked, “I wonder if Stadler is going to kill that guy!” Glenn laughed, then started telling a story to a group of fans who were starting to congregate around him. PLS, Dreamer, Molly and I stepped back and let him visit with the other fans. We didn’t want to be selfish and in his face all the time!

Later, as they moved on down the fairway, Carl the Caddy was quite a distance from Glenn. Glenn called over to him, “Come walk with me! I’m not contagious!” Carl the Caddy came over, and as soon as he got next to Glenn, he handed him the bottle of “high octane” orange juice. Apparently that was what Glenn was really after!

There was a little boy by the ropes one time, and when Glenn saw him, he came over and gave him a pick. This was the first time we had seen Glenn give out a pick. He is not doing it very much this year and when he does, it’s only for the kids. Sorry ladies, we can’t get any extras! He told the boy, “This pick plays ‘Take It Easy’ all by itself!” The crowd cracked up.

Another funny moment was when a guy called out to thank Glenn for singing his deluxe edition of LROOE. He said, “Thanks for this – now I know you’re not too busy being fabulous to sign autographs!” Everyone laughed, including Glenn.

At the end on the last hole, Glenn came over near us and made a driving motion. “Lot 9, ladies?” We laughed and shook our heads. “Not today!” He chuckled and moved on to make his last hit.

And that was the end of our day! Once again, our expectations are exceeded. Glenn rocks!

sodascouts
02-08-2008, 12:00 AM
More photos!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/045.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/047.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/048.jpg

Marla
02-08-2008, 01:50 AM
So, so VERY COOL, Angels!!! :D The beautiful ocean, the beautiful Men, talking with, riding with, buying 'high octane'....Sounds like paradise to me!! Keep the stories & gorgeous photos coming, & be sure to let "THE MAN" know he has tons of 'unseen' angels following him too. :)

But, how in the world are you going to go back home & be content after this? :wink: :roll:

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 04:24 AM
Aah, what can I say except Angels, I am so happy for all of you. Glenn :heart: is a very warm person indeed. I am proud to be one of his devoted fans. My respect for him grows by the second.

Huey Lewis sounds like a great person, too. I reckon if he thinks you are all "babes", then you are! :D Being called "angels" and "babes" by two hot men - what more can a girl ask for? :D

PLS, you must be so proud that Glenn :heart: liked your photos so much. I can just imagine how loudly your heart must have been beating! :heart: I must say, I'm enjoying them immensely too! :smitten:

Thanks so much for the report and photos, Soda. Here's to many more adventures and anecdotes. Every detail of your report thrilled me. I agree with Marla - how in the world are you going to go back home and be content after this? :shock: :wink:

EasyFeeling
02-08-2008, 05:21 AM
Finally :roll: , sometimes my boss is a pain in the neck... especially when I have to do some other important things, reading here for instance. :D

Wooooohooooo Soda, another fantastic day with Glenn. :D That was really fun to read. :yay:
It's great that he seems to remember all things what you ever told him about you. Very cool. 8) Next time when I'm going to a concert I will make a sign that says: Do you remember Glennie's Angels?
I'm sure that would confuse him. :twisted:

You're so lucky that you got signed your pictures but too bad no guitar picks. But I would rather have a signed photo than a pick. Ok, now I'm waiting to read about hugs and kisses.

Very nice photos, thanks. No wonder that he's pleased.

Freypower
02-08-2008, 06:35 AM
He's got ANGELS on his shoulder. :angel: :thumbsup:

And don't forget - he believes in ANGELS too. Is that the new board motto?!

It really seems that he knows you all personally now. I'm just so happy for you all. And the screwdriver again - that is great.

Hopefully tomorrow I WILL record some footage of him.

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Wow! Another FANTASTIC day for you Angels with Glenn :heart:
I'm so glad you're really enjoying yourselves and having such a good time with him. And looks like he appreciates you too!

Makes my life over here seem very mundane!

Although I'm waiting in for a special Postal Delivery either today or Monday......Soda :wink:

PLS Delighted you got him to sign your pic! Thats something you will treasure always.

All the pics are fantastic as well. Everyone seems to be having the time of their lives.

Soda :wink: Could you get the next round of high octane on me please :?: :wink: And TELL HIM!

Mrs Frey
02-08-2008, 08:43 AM
He's got ANGELS on his shoulder. :angel: :thumbsup:

And don't forget - he believes in ANGELS too. Is that the new board motto?!

It really seems that he knows you all personally now. I'm just so happy for you all. And the screwdriver again - that is great.

Hopefully tomorrow I WILL record some footage of him.

Very clever, FP! :D :D :D

I'm with GA, Soda - please put in a good word for all of us training angels wishing every moment that we could be at Pebble Beach with you all. Tell Glenn :heart: that he is much loved around the world!

Brooke
02-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Wow, another glorious day with Glenn! :jealous:

He is so nice to come and socialize with you! He called you by name and remembered where you live? :shock: He definitely did his homework! That is one smart Eagle! And "I gotta talk to my Angels"? How cute! He is one very nice guy! :makeout:

Very cool about him signing your pictures. Those are worth a million to each of you, I know. :spin:

I'm so happy you all are there and having such a grand time. :partytime:

Any news about touring the rest of the states? Like Missouri?

Tell Glenn there's more of his angels where you came from! :wink:

tbs fanatic
02-08-2008, 12:30 PM
Wow! You Angels had an amazing time :D Great photo's.

DonFan
02-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Each day seems to get better than the last, guys! You are defintely going to have a hard time getting your feet to touch the ground after this trip is over. But then, I guess angels always have that problem..... :wink:

I agree with FP that it is wonderful that Glenn read your letters, that he complemented you on putting "pen to paper." (As a writer, that appeals to me greatly.) I have written Don before and wondered if any of the guys actually get our letters--now we know that they do.

Brooke
02-08-2008, 05:19 PM
I agree with FP that it is wonderful that Glenn read your letters, that he complemented you on putting "pen to paper." (As a writer, that appeals to me greatly.) I have written Don before and wondered if any of the guys actually get our letters--now we know that they do.

Yeah, I wrote to them too, and never got a reply, so I wondered too. :D

Glennsallnighter
02-08-2008, 06:12 PM
I wouldn't even worry about getting a reply. I'd just like to know that if I did write to Glenn :heart: he would at least get the letter and possibly read it.

Freypower
02-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately I have to report that this morning's coverage did not feature Glenn ONCE.

Ironically there was a lot of Clay Walker. There was Emmett Smith, Dan Marino, the New Orleans Saints quarterback....

I think that after last year's tedious footage of George Lopez and Bill Murray clowning, the Golf Channel has decided to make the coverage more 'serious'. Also I noticed that Craig Stadler was seven over. Perhaps they won't show a celebrity if his partner is not doing well enough to justify it.

I guess I'll sit through the final three hours tomorrow but this is such a contrast with last year. :cry:

We need our angels to give even more detailed reports now.

sodascouts
02-09-2008, 12:59 AM
Glenn was on Spyglass today, which is an arduous, steep course. We managed to get there on time for once because he started a little later. Timfan was already there.

Very little happened with us today. Glenn was concentrating on his game and didn’t really interact with the crowd, which was considerably larger than in previous years. However, when we first arrived, he made a point of catching our eye and mouthing “Good morning” at us.

The weather was gorgeous, and so was the view. Glenn wore beige pants and an off-white hat with a black sweater over a yellow polo top. He also wore a black jacket for the first half of the day. We enjoyed watching him take his hat off and on and running his fingers through his hair. In fact, we enjoyed watching him all day long! Oh, and the scenery was also beautiful, with the forest, coast, and blue sky. There were even deer about. At one hole, there were three deer right in his way and he almost hit them with the ball! Stupid deer!

Glenn wasn’t very happy with his play, even though he wasn’t really doing that badly – he once again kept the team alive. Stadler was royally sucking, I’m sorry to say. I felt bad for him. While Glenn wasn’t doing poorly, there was a tension in the team. Glenn talked more to Jacobsen, Huey Lewis’ partner, than he did to Stadler. I think that it is not very probable that they will make the cut.
At one point, he went over to a really cute little girl with curly hair and gave her a pick. She was so sweet – and so thrilled! She immediately showed it to her mom, reading it to her. “It says ‘Glenn Frey’!”

There was one time when he made a really good hit and he looked up at us, all excited. He was so cute!

Later, he made a bad shot and cursed, “G-ddammit!” Then he apologized and said he was glad there were no little kids around. I think it’s nice that he’s so concerned.

Towards the end, when he was unhappy about his play and feeling low, he looked over at us and just grimaced. We looked back sympathetically. Poor guy!

As we left, we saw Carl the Caddy and talked to him briefly. I think he and Glenn were happy to be done!

While it was a slow day, we all had a good time. Saturday will be really crazy and we don’t expect Glenn to even see us, much less talk to us. Regardless, we’ve had a wonderful experience at Pebble Beach this year. As we drove back to the hotel blasting my iPod through the car speakers – programmed with Glenn’s entire catalog – all we could do was sigh contentedly. Glenn Frey is an incredible musician and an incredible person!

sodascouts
02-09-2008, 01:06 AM
More photos!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/058.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/063.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/065.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/068.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/074.jpg
(This was the one I had signed)

Glennsallnighter
02-09-2008, 05:05 AM
Gorgeous pics Soda :inlove: . And I know you've more to come. I'm sure Glenn :heart: is really appreciationg the support you angels are giving him. It isn't always easy on the Golf course. He seems to be a very genuine and caring guy anyway.

Freypower
02-09-2008, 09:11 AM
You are all lucky to have had that much time with him. I know he would have preferred the actual golf to have gone better but... you're his ANGELS. :wink:

Great photos.

Brooke
02-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Yes, gorgeous photos! What a beautiful place to play golf and enjoy the scenery (pun intended!) :nod:

It sounds like the practice days are a much better time to really get to visit with your celebrity. I'm sure they really have to concentrate on their game on the real game days and much more than a nod and wave are all they really have time to give their fans.

I wonder what the problem was between Glenn and Stadler? And why he wasn't paired with Clay Walker as before?

I'm so glad the weather is good and you gals are having the times of your lives! You gals ROCK! 8)

And so does Glenn! What a great guy! :iloveyou: :heart:

glenneaglesfan
02-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm just catching up here. Day 2 sounds awesome, chatting with Huey and Glenn, and the fact that he remembered so much about you just proves what a fabulous guy he is. Great that you got to buy him a screwdriver again - and a bit more easily this year!

PLS, these photographs are magnificent, and I'm so pleased that Glenn signed them for you, and that he was pleased with his swing! Glenn walking by the sea is the stuff of fantasies...

Pity that Craig didn't play too well, especially as Glenn was holding his own. I guess that's why there may have been a little tension.

Even if you didn't get much time on day 3, it still sounds as if you had a lot of fun.

Way to go, Angels!!

Brooke
02-09-2008, 06:14 PM
Glenn was on within the first 20 minutes of broadcast this afternoon. He looked fabulous, as usual! As for his play, I don't know much about golf, but he got very close to the hole and then had a very short "putt"? He and Huey Lewis were carrying their partners. The announcer said the pros should maybe leave it to the musicians! It was a very short segment. One of the announcers mentioned that the Eagles were doing some shows and that he hoped to catch one in a nearby city and get backstage with the roadies! (Can I go too?) Ha!

I've been watching (and taping!) and haven't seen him since. They don't show much of the crowd. I was hoping to catch a glimpse of the "angels"! :D

What a beautiful place! :D

EasyFeeling
02-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Great pictures, as always. :D And yes, it seems to be a beautiful place there.

Too bad day 3 was a bit slow and he didn't talk you. But at least you could watch him and that's not really bad I guess. :wink:

sodascouts
02-10-2008, 02:06 PM
The weather was really gorgeous, bringing out throngs of people. It was more crowded than I'd ever seen it. Someone said that they expected 150,000 people over the course of the weekend. It was also "hella (or hecka) hot" as they say here in California. We got so sunburned, it's not even funny. Of course, I have owl eyes and two stripes of normal colored skin on the sides of my face where my sunglasses were! Lovely, eh? I'm going to frighten people when I get back to Indiana - even more so than usual. ;)

The fashion report: beige pants, off-white hat, and three layers of shirts. He had on a black sweater, then underneath that a long-sleeved navy blue polo, and below that a white T-shirt. On top of that, he had his usual jacket. Happily, I got to see him shed layers one time, although the other girls missed it due to being behind a bunch of people. Only I was able to peek through shoulders enough to get a glimpse (Unfortunately, more often than not, we were not even visible because so many people were in front of us). He then put most of them back on again, so that everyone was mad at me for not telling them to look when they were off - but I thought they could see him! Oh well, too bad!

Poor Glenn was just miserable on Saturday. We felt really bad for him. He looked to be in pain and sat down every chance he got, sometimes putting his head in his hands. There was negligible crowd interaction. Two people rushed him for an autograph, and he signed something for them, but afterwards he hurriedly moved away. The exception was when he made it a point to go over to a little kid and give a pick to him. Even when he feels bad, he makes time for the kids!

He did hit the ball into the crowd one time in tall grass, and of course we all joked to each other about how he was having to "wait in the weeds" to line up his shot. There was some joking going on in the crowd behind him but we were too far away to hear it, unfortunately! It was one of the few times he laughed all day. We also remember one playful moment - the wind was gusting really strongly on one of the holes, and he pretended it was blowing him over. That made us smile! In fact, we turned to each other and said "So cute!" - the guys next to us rolled their eyes at our gushing. lol

Unfortunately, his playing wasn't the greatest either (probably due at least in part to whatever was ailing him). Although we tried to be upbeat in case he saw us behind all those people, we all were concerned he was sick or having a flare up of his RA or something. Hopefully everything is OK.

Huey Lewis, on the other hand, was in great spirits. He played to the crowd lots of times and even crowd-surfed one time, which was an absolute hoot! He also told the crowd at one point before swinging, "No matter where this goes, go crazy!" Of course they did, and everyone laughed. He was basically the only one in the group entertaining the fans, as Stadler and Jacobsen were both depressed because their golf game was sucking and they knew they wouldn't make the cut.

Oh well. C'est la vie! It was still a wonderful trip and well worth it.

I leave you with our trip motto: I :heart: Glenn Frey! ;)

sodascouts
02-10-2008, 02:20 PM
But again... more photos!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/093.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/085.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/096.jpg

copyright GlennFreyOnline.com

Brooke
02-10-2008, 03:08 PM
Oh shoot! How did all those people manage to get in front of Glennie's Angels? How dare they! :wink:

I'm sorry he didn't have a very good day and that you got sunburned, Soda. Ouch! I hate sunburns! The sun can be very deceiving on a cool day.

I looked through yesterday's tape and Glenn and Huey did give an interview and they showed Glenn's swing and he commented that it was terrible. He blamed his poor play on having to work on the new album! But it was great to see him anyway! I caught Huey's body surfing, too! Funny! :lol:

So, did dreamer get to catch her other heartthrob's play?

Thanks for more wonderful pics, too! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
02-10-2008, 04:46 PM
Oh shoot! How did all those people manage to get in front of Glennie's Angels? How dare they! :wink:

Oh, I know! Just because they had staked out their spots at the beginning of the day and stood there for hours, they thought they had the right to block us when we tried to go up to the rope. The nerve of some people! ;)

So, did dreamer get to catch her other heartthrob's play?

She got to see him for a couple holes, but he disappointed her. I'll let her tell you about that.

Glennsallnighter
02-10-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm so sorry for Glenn :heart: having such a miserable day on Saturday. I really feel for him. I hope he's ok.

Glenn :heart: if you do surf this as a guest, heres a :hug:

Soda, I hope the sunburn isnt too painful. Its so deceptive when it comes on like that on a relatively cool day. A few drops of lavendar oil in warm water has a very soothing effect if its still stinging you.

I'm glad you all had a good week overall and that at least you had some interaction and chat with Glenn :heart:

Oh and .... I :heart: Glenn :heart: Frey too :wink:

Molly
02-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Back from a week of the most perfect weather I've seen in a looong time and was greeted by arctic temperatures and wind chills below 0 degrees. Woo Hoo! Hubby met me at the baggage counter of the airport in Chicago holding my winter coat, gloves and hat. I knew I was in trouble!

Oh Well!

I'll just think sunny warm thoughts of the past week and this cold weather won't bother me a bit.

Firstly, what a great week spent with my 3 traveling companions! Thanks ladies for putting up with the newbie and showing me the ropes! To say me expectations were surpassed would be an understatement!!

Soda has already detailed all the days nicely, so I won't repeat any of that. True, the first time Glenn approached us, and dreamer introduced him to me I had a moment of :shock: . But, Glenn took my hand in both his and warmly greeted me, repeated my name back and told me how nice it was to meet me. Nervousness gone!

It blew my mind when we were standing on our high perch on the bleachers and Glenn climbed the stairs to join us for a few minutes of "alone time". Wow! Very cool. He looks you in the eyes while he's talking to you making you feel very comfortable.

After having our photos taken with him, he gave each of us a little one armed hug. At one point, he was rubbing his hand up and down my back (I believe the other 3 ladies got the same mini-massage). It occurred to me after I was already doing it that I was unconsciously rubbing my arm up and down his back, as well!
So much for being nervous! 8) Cashmere sweater, I believe. Very soft!

The way the entire truck ride with him transpired was an unbelievable lucky turn! If we had not stopped to buy water...if we hadn't gotten turned around walking out and had to debate our next move...if I didn't have bionic hearing and heard that familiar voice wafting over from across the street...we may have missed our little parking lot adventure completely.

I think Glenn appreciates the 3 ladies and the dedication they've shown him the past few years (I certainly reaped the benefits of their dedication). I think he also appreciated that we respected the fact that while at Pebble, his first responsibility is to the tournament, and his golf partner. Any time spent with his fans, trust me, is pure bonus for the fans. It would not have been a slight to us if he had simply concentrated on his golf game and we would have needed to be content to just view him from behind the ropes like all the rest of the spectators.

He certainly went above and beyond the call of duty for us, and it created lasting memories for this fan-that's for certain!

51 weeks until Pebble Beach 2009!

Freypower
02-10-2008, 07:21 PM
Regarding the TV coverage, I have about 8 minutes of footage. I could not deal with those people in the red Tshirts. Huey Lewis played up to them but Glenn did not. He stood there after his shot with a restrained smile on his face and made no attempt to interact with those people.

The interview with Huey Lewis was fun (Lewis did an absolutely spot on imitation of Nick Faldo). When asked about the 6 and a half million copies of the album sold worldwide, Glenn paused and said 'that's a tonic for the golf'. He was very gracious, even if he wasn't in a good mood. I'll post some screenshots when I get around to it (I can't do it today).

I'm glad you all had a good time and I echo your sentiments. I :heart: Glenn Frey. :inlove:

Freypower
02-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Soda, that new avatar is wonderful. I don't think I've seen the full version of that photo yet. :shock:

Molly
02-10-2008, 08:09 PM
http://www.mercurynews.com/golf/ci_8205039?source=email
A Glenn mention in this article.

02-11-2008, 12:00 AM
Well - I'm back home from Pebble Beach. Tomorrow it's back to work and time to face the real world again. I'll post more soon, but I wanted to make a few comments. First of all, as you can tell by Soda's and Molly's posts, we had another mind-blowing adventure. The time just flew by - I can't believe it's already over.

Like Molly mentioned, we did get hugs. As I was getting my picture taken with Glenn, his hand was rubbing me across my shoulder. VERY NICE! He is just an awesome man.

Brooke, I checked out Dan's schedule and it looked like my best bet was on Friday. I debated long and hard about whether or not I wanted to leave Glenn and go look for Dan. I estimated where Dan may be on the course, and decided to go for it. I had carried around the HOF book I wanted him to sign for two days, and decided I really would regret it if I didn't give it a try. So off I went - telling the other girls that I would meet up with them on the 16th hole. It took a little looking, and after going as far as the 17th hole, I had to back track to the 15th hole before I found Dan's team. I tried to get his attention on the 15th hole to no avail. I walked on to the 16th and watched him play that hole. I stood by the path where the 'royal processional' would walk to get to the next hole. The problem was about 5 other people had run over to do the same thing. As Dan approached me, I stuck out the book and sharpie and ask him to sign it. He was polite, but said "Sorry everyone, I can't right now." After that, I figured I would probably have to follow Dan for a while if I had any hope of succeeding, and I didn't want to do that. So I decided to give it up and go back to watch Glenn. I realized that it would be awhile before Glenn's team reached the 16th, so I decided to backtrack and find the other ladies. I caught back up with them on the 13th hole.

As I said earlier, I'll post more later. For now, I have to get in bed and try to sleep.

OBTW, I :heart: Glenn Frey.

sodascouts
02-11-2008, 01:37 AM
Soda, that new avatar is wonderful. I don't think I've seen the full version of that photo yet. :shock:

Thanks! That's from his photo with me. I'm not sure if I'll post the full one because I think I don't look that good in it!

And here's some more photographic highlights!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/102.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/106.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/108.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/109.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/114.jpg
(this is the one PLS had signed)

sodascouts
02-11-2008, 01:38 AM
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/115.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/119.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/120.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/122.jpg

DonFan
02-11-2008, 02:12 AM
Those are all wonderful photos! The scenery and weather were just beautiful, and Glenn is definitely looking fine, from the top of his cute backwards-baseball cap to the tips of his spiffy golf shoes.

Hmm.....maybe that is why Don doesn't golf. They won't let him wear those lovely scuffed brown shoes of his on the golf course! :roll:

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 03:28 AM
Oh Soda, Molly and Dreamer, your further accounts of your time with Glenn :heart:, as well as just watching him, have my heart beating SO fast! :heart: :heart: :heart: :inlove:

I don't think it matters to any of you that you didn't get to talk to him on the last couple of days, since he made a point of making eye contact with all of you and involving you in his day. I think that's just fantastic!

I'm sorry that he was having such a tough time on the golf course, and that he was in pain (oh, Sugar, I'll need to see to that for you :twisted: :blush: :wink: ) - I too hope that he is fine now. His concern for whether or not children were around when he cursed at his poor play really impressed me. What a gentleman. :bow:

Of course, I'm mad jealous of those hugs and "mini massages" that you got from him when you had your pictures taken with him. :wink: I can't imagine how you must have been feeling! :shock: If I were in that position, I would have been trembling, no doubt!

Molly, I'm so happy for you that your first meeting with Glenn :heart: went so well and that he made you feel so at ease. I'm sure he could see that you're also a dedicated fan, and he sure seems to appreciate the love that he receives from his fans.

Soda, the photos are INCREDIBLE. Thank you so much for sharing them with us. I agree with FP - your avatar picture is STUNNING :smitten:. Oh please share the full photo with us! I'm sure you look really great in it! I'm sorry that you got sunburnt - I usually use calamine lotion to take the sting out.

Dreamer, I can just imagine how you must be struggling to sleep - your mind must me milling around and around with all the wonderful memories from the past few days. You've been a fan for such a long time, and you deserve it, girl! ALL of you ANGELS do.

Dreamer, I'm sorry that you didn't get some time with Dan, but I'm sure your time with Glenn :heart: has completely eradicated any disappointment you may have felt.

FP, I'm glad you managed to get some footage. I look forward to seeing your screencaps! :D

One last thing: I think Glenn :heart: looks so cuddly in these photos. :hug:

Oh, and have I said that I :heart: Glenn :heart: Frey? :kiss: :hug: :iloveyou:

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 03:29 AM
Those are all wonderful photos! The scenery and weather were just beautiful, and Glenn is definitely looking fine, from the top of his cute backwards-baseball cap to the tips of his spiffy golf shoes.

Hmm.....maybe that is why Don doesn't golf. They won't let him wear those lovely scuffed brown shoes of his on the golf course! :roll:

Highlight 1: :nod: :nod: :nod:

Highlight 2: :rofl:

EasyFeeling
02-11-2008, 05:13 AM
Ooooooh, I'm glad you all had such a wonderful time. :D :D
Soda, I really would like to see your photo with Glenn, pleeeease! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-11-2008, 05:34 AM
Well, Soda, Molly and Dreamer, I'm so glad you all had such a wonderful time again this year! Glenn seems to have surpassed himself in his gentlemanly behaviour even when the going got tough. I think he too appreciates that you angels are prepared to stay in the background letting him concentrate on his game when he has to and he really respects you for this.

Soda, PLEASE post the pic of you and Glenn :heart: together. I'm sure its very special to you but I'd LOVE to see it.

I really need to start saving the pennies for next year! I'd just LOVE to go!

Mrs Frey
02-11-2008, 07:31 AM
I don't think I'll ever have enough pennies for Pebble Beach, GA, but I'd love to go too!

Brooke
02-11-2008, 11:10 AM
Don't know what I can add to what has already been said except that I would love to see ALL your photos with Glenn. Pretty, pretty please? :nod:

I LOVE your av, too, Soda! And Glenn looked wonderful the whole time despite not feeling well. :heart:

And yes, I love :heart: Glenn Frey!

What a man! :inlove:

Perfect Little Sister
02-11-2008, 05:13 PM
When I dropped Dreamer and Molly off on Saturday, I could pretend the adventure wasn't over yet. But I put Soda on the plane this morning. Sniff! Now I have to accept facts.:weep:

I had such a wonderful week! The weather was unbelievably good. It poured rain all thru January and I was sure we were in for a soaking again this year. The view was spectacular! The sky was incredibly blue and the ocean seemed unusually blue as well. I got to spend more time with Molly and get to know her better. And it's always fun to get together with Dreamer and Soda.

I got a real kick out of Huey Lewis. He's got such a great sense of humor! I used to listen to him back in the day and I caught his cameo in Back To The Future, but I had lost track of him after that. (boy do I feel old) He was so sweet as to praise my photography, which has endeared him to me even more.lol Of course, he has a long way to go before he catches up with Glenn. :wink: The man never ceases to amaze me with his kind treatment of us fans. After all, he's there to golf, not do a meet and greet every five steps. I(we) try to be as unobtrusive as possible out there, but some people tend to drink a bit too much and get, imo, too loud for a golf course, calling out to the celebs and asking for autographs in the middle of play. It must get tiring at times to have fans breathing down your neck when you are trying to golf. But Glenn is always such a sweetheart. It's really wonderful to see a little bit of the personality of someone whose talent you so admire and find out that they are a really good person as well.

Brooke
02-11-2008, 05:31 PM
I managed to tape Saturday's play, too. What a beautiful day and place to play golf! And watch your favorite Eagle! :wink:

Hubby was watching basketball in the living room and I went downstairs to the family room to walk on the treadmill (and secretly watch Glenn golf!) When I went back upstairs, hubby asked what I had been doing and I said watching golf. He gave me a puzzled look (I don't watch many sports on tv other than Cardinals baseball and maybe, the superbowl!) I know absolutely nothing about golf! He laughed and said "it's not bad to watch, but you must be pretty desperate!" (he doesn't golf either). I finally fessed up and said that Glenn was playing and I was taping it for my cyber friends. He said, "ah, now I understand and :roll: ! But then he laughed at least! :lol:

I will be taping the CMT special tonight and then I will send it all to Soda tomorrow.

Dreamer, I'm sorry you didn't have any luck getting Dan's autograph. I'm sure that was disappointing. But at least you got to see him in person. :D

02-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Here is the pic that PLS took that I had Glenn sign:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/065.jpg

First of all, it has been VERY difficult trying to settle back into real life after such an awesome trip. I am still pretty tired, but hopefully, will get a good night’s sleep tonight, and be okay by tomorrow. I work a contract job that is winding down, so fortunately, I wasn’t bombarded at work today. I have actually spent part of my day catching up on what I missed on the board while I was gone. The bad news about this is that I’ll be searching for a new job soon ( I really can’t complain about this though since I’ve already been on this assignment for 6 months longer than what I expected). But enough about jobs already – let’s talk about important stuff … :wink:

Anyway, I still wish last week hadn’t gone by so quickly. As always, it was great spending time with Soda, PLS, and Molly. Our time with Glenn was amazing, as you all can imagine. As everyone already said, even when we didn’t get to talk to Glenn, it is still so much fun just watching him play. I really felt bad for him on Saturday. It is hard to say what the problem was, but you could just see by the look on his face and his body language that he was not the same as he had been earlier in the week. The lucky car ride on Tuesday was definitely one of the highlights for me. PLS got in the back seat first. I was next, even though Soda was behind me and literally had me pinned between the open car door and another car. After I finally got in, Carl the Caddy asked me if we wanted him to pull up some. I told him that would probably be a good idea, so he did. By the time Soda, and then Molly piled in, I didn’t hardly have any seat left. I think a small part of my right butt cheek was on the seat, but I had to lean forward and balance myself with the front console. I am sure not complaining about this though because I had an amazing view of Glenn during the entire ride. :smitten:

I was so touched that he thanked us for “putting pen to paper”. I didn’t hear what he had said to Soda and PLS about it so I really didn’t know what he meant until they told me. I had never written him before, but after our experience in Niagara Falls, I felt compelled to write him. I never expected to get a reply, but it is great to know that he does receive and read his fan mail. If any one of you feels like you want to write any of the guys for whatever reason, I think this should be encouragement enough that they do see their mail.

As far as the pics we had taken with Glenn, I will probably go ahead and post mine for a short time. However, I have to wait on Soda. Those pics were taken with her camera. We got prints made, but I don’t have the .jpeg so I can’t post it until she sends it to me.

Well, I have a few more things that I was going to post, but I actually have to go do some work, so I’ll have to post again later.

Freypower
02-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Again thanks to everybody for their stories. Dreamer, your signed photo is my wallpaper this week.

I've done my screenshots now. I think it's more appropriate that I post them in Frey Fever.

glenneaglesfan
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Good grief, I've had a chance to read all your adventures tonight, and it just confirms that Glenn Frey is the ultimate gentleman who treats his fans superbly. I'm just so pleased for you all that you had two excellent days of Glennfandom, a bit sorry that the last two days were overwhelmed by crowds, and a bit concerned that he was not himself on Saturday. If he'd like a private consultation, he can call on me!

PLS, your pictures are superb. Plenty of eye candy to tide over the weeks until March 20!

Molly, I'm so pleased to hear that your adventure was so successful. The mere thought of GF giving you a gentle back massage is making me reach for the travel brochures right now! What a lovely man, what a star in every way.

And I :heart: Glenn Frey!

Perfect Little Sister
02-11-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you GEF. I've not tried to photo golf before so I was unsure how the pics would turn out. I figured with 125 frames I should come up with something good. Of course, I had excellent subject matter to start with. :P

I'm not sure what was up Saturday. He seemed to me like he was holding his shoulders a bit stiffly. I know I tend to do that when I'm in pain, but then I'm sure I do it when I'm pissed off too. I know he wasn't happy with the way the golf was going that day. Huey was the only animated one on Saturday, the others were kinda going thru the motions. I don't remember which day it was, but one time one of the marshals popped a soda can just as Stadler was putting,(I believe for a birdie) causing him to miss the shot. He turned around and gave the man the worst glare...almost as bad as Glenn's "look of death". I was afraid when he walked over to that next tee box that he might kill the man. lol

Molly
02-11-2008, 08:10 PM
I don't remember which day it was, but one time one of the marshals popped a soda can just as Stadler was putting,(I believe for a birdie) causing him to miss the shot. He turned around and gave the man the worst glare...almost as bad as Glenn's "look of death". I was afraid when he walked over to that next tee box that he might kill the man. lol

I heard on TV the tournament's winning pro walked away with one million dollars, so I can appreciate why Stadler gave that marshal the "look of death" -there was a lot on the line!

Since showing him the pictures PLS took of Glenn golfing, Ditka (hubby) and his golfing buddies have been busy critiquing Glenn's golf stance and swing. (I think they're just jealous-none of them have ever had women following them around a golf course, I assure you!)

Perfect Little Sister
02-11-2008, 08:34 PM
Lol, Molly! And no matter what how much they cap on him, at the end of the day he's still Glenn Frey. :wink:

I'm jealous that you went home with a tan. No matter what I do, I only burn. I had forgotten to mention that on Tuesday I managed to get a major sunburn while wearing SPF 30. And even after wearing SPF 70 all the rest of the days, I still came home with a sunburn. It's only pink now. No more lobster. I also have a major mess on my heel. I rubbed a blister on it by Thursday that actually broke that day. Then by the time I got to the hotel on Friday, I had rubbed the raw skin into a bloody mess on my sock. :roll:

Mrs Frey
02-12-2008, 02:15 AM
Brooke, thank you for your recording efforts. Soda, thank you in advance for uploading those efforts onto GFO! :D

PLS, Dreamer and Molly: once again I am so happy for all of you. I can just imagine how thrilled all of you are. I'm sure you're all be walking around in a dream for quite a while! :wink:

Brooke, you have a cool hubby! 8)

Dreamer, the photo you asked Glenn :heart: to sign is one of my favourites from your trip. He looks cuddly and sexy at the same time. WOW! :smitten: I had to laugh when you described your uncomfortable seating arrangements with your travel companions in the golf buggy, but as you say, your view of Glenn :heart: was superb! I'm sure you forgot all about your discomfort! :wink: I look forward to seeing the rest of your photos, once you are able to upload them. I think I will take your advice and write to Glenn :heart: - I think it's fantastic that he takes the time to read his fan letters. Not many stars bother, as I've experienced in the most cruel way possible. :evil: But Glenn :heart: is special. I'm sorry that your work contract is coming to an end, but I hope you will find new work soon.

Molly, I think your hubby and his friends are indeed jealous! :lol: Tell them to "get over it"! :lol:

PLS, I can identify with your inability to tan. If I go out in the sun even for 10 minutes, I have to cake myself with sunscreen - about SPF 30 AT LEAST. I'm also prone to blisters, so I feel for what you're going through, girl! :( I'm sure you feel it was all worth it, though! :wink:

02-12-2008, 01:30 PM
Okay – I had a few more thoughts about our trip that I’ll comment on. Since my brain is unable to function properly, maybe putting my thoughts down will be therapeutic (or perhaps I should try putting pen to paper :wink: :wink:) .

I laughed as I read some of your comments about how those of us at PB must be the luckiest girls alive. I thought, “Yeah, we are pretty lucky, but the “luckiest girl alive” distinction must still go to some lady named Cindy, not us.”

Another thing I was thinking when reading your comments about us walking with the stars, was how “normal” it seemed at the time. For some reason, I really wasn’t starstruck. Heck, I was so focused on Glenn that I hardly even watched the others. I briefly considered asking for Huey’s autograph, but then, didn’t even bother. Even when I found Dan Marino, I decided that rather than to keep following him trying for an autograph that I would rather get back to the real reason that I was there.

I’m not positive about this, but my guess as to why Clay and Glenn weren’t paired together this year had something to do with the fact that Clay’s handicap had dropped. As far as relations between Glenn and Sadler, I don’t think we can read anything in to it. Sadler was playing very poorly, and, as we said previously, it appeared that Glenn either was not in the best of spirits and/or feeling very bad. In any event, neither was in a very jovial mood.

I’m going to go ahead and post my picture with Glenn for a short time. I’ll probably take it down after a few days though cause I’m not jazzed about putting my face on the Internet. But, he looks so good - here goes:

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/GlennKay2.jpg

2/18/08 Edited to add: Rather than totally remove this pic, I cropped it so that everyone can still enjoy this thing of beauty.

sodascouts
02-12-2008, 03:25 PM
The good part of my picture with Glenn: http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/pebblebeach2008/DSC01015-1.jpg

Brooke
02-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Wonderful, Kay! That is absolutely beautiful! And you are just as much as Glenn! (Well, almost! :wink: )

Thank you so much. What an honor to get a pic with him. :smitten: Have you showered that shoulder yet? I don't think I could! I would have to preserve that dna! :roll:

And Soda.......no fair! Come on girl! :fingerwag:

glenneaglesfan
02-12-2008, 06:37 PM
Aw dreamer, that is a lovely picture! You look radiant, and Glenn, well, what can I say about that man!! Thank you very much for sharing your special moment with us. :D

Soda? Don't be shy - just look at Glenn's smile!

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 06:52 PM
I'm a bit concerned that he was not himself on Saturday. If he'd like a private consultation, he can call on me!!

I'm sure he can GEF! And no better doctor :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-12-2008, 06:57 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b296/kay8342/GlennKay.jpg

Dreamer, You have nothing to fear putting that pic up. You look lovely, and as for Glenn :heart: .... Well he looks absolutely Gorgeous :inlove:

Am I allowed to be envious?

Freypower
02-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Those are fantastic photos. Kay, congratulations. What a thrill for you. :shock:

Nancy, I'd like to see what you looked like too....

Maleah
02-12-2008, 11:41 PM
Holy crap ladies!!! What an amazing time for you all! Geez..........it looks and sounds like so much fun.........I might have to try to go next year!!! :D

Mrs Frey
02-13-2008, 02:33 AM
OH MY GOSH, DREAMER!!! :shock: :jealous: :wink:

Yep, I'm jealous. I'm sorry. :blush:

In all seriousness, I am so happy for you, Kay. You look beautiful and Glenn :heart: looks... well... :drool: Oh, I just want to give him a big hug! :hug:

Thank you for sharing your picture with us. I'm sure you're going to frame it and hang it on your wall! I know I would... :sigh:

Kay, you may always have been a dreamer :wink:, but you need no longer dream - that dream has come true! :D May there be many more moments like that in the future for you, girlfriend!

SODA! You are very naughty! :fingerwag: I'm sure you look gorgeous as you always do on your photos. As GEF says, just look at Glenn's :heart: smile! HE certainly was thrilled! :nod:

Mrs Frey
02-13-2008, 02:35 AM
Wonderful, Kay! That is absolutely beautiful! And you are just as much as Glenn! (Well, almost! :wink: )

Thank you so much. What an honor to get a pic with him. :smitten: Have you showered that shoulder yet? I don't think I could! I would have to preserve that dna! :roll:

And Soda.......no fair! Come on girl! :fingerwag:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I'm very amused, but I must admit: I'd have trouble washing my shoulder after being touched by Glenn's :heart: hand, too. :blush:

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 04:10 AM
So would I! And if he were to shake my hand It'd be lucky if it ever saw soap and water again!

EasyFeeling
02-13-2008, 05:30 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif Girls, you are crazy! But I must agree on the "washing" matter. :wink:

I have so little time this week to read here, just when the interesting things are coming up. Let me just say I enjoyed reading everyone's comment. :D
Kay, that's a lovely photo of you two. :D Have you changed your hairstyle a bit? Looks very nice. :D

Now I'm waiting for your photo, Nancy. And I mean the photo of you two. :wink:

02-13-2008, 11:28 AM
Awww gosh! Thanks for all the compliments everyone. You all are too kind. I must say that I was one very happy lady when that photo was snapped. It really was like being in a dream world. I had my hand around Glenn's waist, and I just remember that very soft sweater and the mini-massage. I did actually have to break down and wash my shoulder, but I am seriously comtemplating framing that jacket. :wink:

EF, as far as my hair, I am always trying to do something different with it. After continuously struggling to tame and control the natural curl, I decided to let it just run "amuck" lately. And with the wind on the golf course, trust me - it ran "amuck".

I :heart: Glenn Frey!!!!

EasyFeeling
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Dreamer, I know exactly what you mean with the "to tame the natural curl". :wink: Same here. That "amuck" style looks very good on you I must say.

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:54 AM
Awww gosh! Thanks for all the compliments everyone. You all are too kind. I must say that I was one very happy lady when that photo was snapped. It really was like being in a dream world. I had my hand around Glenn's waist, and I just remember that very soft sweater and the mini-massage. I did actually have to break down and wash my shoulder, but I am seriously comtemplating framing that jacket. :wink:

EF, as far as my hair, I am always trying to do something different with it. After continuously struggling to tame and control the natural curl, I decided to let it just run "amuck" lately. And with the wind on the golf course, trust me - it ran "amuck".

I :heart: Glenn Frey!!!!

Dreamer, now you know you're just making me jealous all over again... :jealous: :wink:

glenneaglesfan
02-14-2008, 06:50 AM
Me too!

Dreamer, I agree with EF, your hair looks lovely. I wish I had natural curls to tame!

EasyFeeling
02-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Me too!

Dreamer, I agree with EF, your hair looks lovely. I wish I had natural curls to tame!

Nah, you better don't wish that. It's not fun, believe me. :roll:

02-14-2008, 12:28 PM
Me too!

Well, thanks again everyone, but EF is right. Naturally curly hair can be very stubborn and hard to style. It tends to do what it wants to. I spent most of my life trying to change it - even ironing it and chemically straightening it. Of course, when it comes to hairstyles, we only want the ones that we can't get. :wink: Then, I look at Glenn's gorgeous natural waves and think, hmmm - not that bad looking!!! :shock: :wink:

One other thing I just LOVE about my pic with Glenn. Wow! If you look close, you can see those long, gorgeous eyelashes. Did anyone notice??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Brooke
02-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Of course, when it comes to hairstyles, we only want the ones that we can't get. :wink: Then, I look at Glenn's gorgeous natural waves and think, hmmm - not that bad looking!!! :shock: :wink:

One other thing I just LOVE about my pic with Glenn. Wow! If you look close, you can see those long, gorgeous eyelashes. Did anyone notice??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Highlight #1-Why is that? I have naturally BOARD STRAIGHT hair and always wanted or am trying to get some curl! :roll:

Dreamer, your's does look very nice. I like it! :D

Highlight #2-I had to go back and take another look! WOW! :nod: :smitten:

Edited to add: I love Glenn :heart: Frey! :wink:

sodascouts
02-14-2008, 03:39 PM
The lucky car ride on Tuesday was definitely one of the highlights for me. PLS got in the back seat first. I was next, even though Soda was behind me and literally had me pinned between the open car door and another car. After I finally got in, Carl the Caddy asked me if we wanted him to pull up some. I told him that would probably be a good idea, so he did. By the time Soda, and then Molly piled in, I didn’t hardly have any seat left. I think a small part of my right butt cheek was on the seat, but I had to lean forward and balance myself with the front console. I am sure not complaining about this though because I had an amazing view of Glenn during the entire ride. :smitten:

I wanted to comment on this - I didn't mean to pin Dreamer like that! Here's what happened. Carl pulled up pretty close to a parked car, and when Dreamer opened the door to get in, the car door hit the parked car. There was no way for me to get around, so I just stood at the car door waiting for Dreamer to get in, after which I would close the door and walk by. I didn't realize she was having trouble getting in, so when I thought she was on her way, I started to close the door... but wound up hitting her instead!

Once in the car, I joked that Dreamer had "scuffed that vehicle" - a reference to the Dukes of Hazzard TV show that I'm sure no one got. Roscoe P. Coltrane used to say "you done scuffed my vehicle!" every time he wrecked his car chasing the Dukes (ie, every episode), and my dad used to do an imitation of him every time we nicked our car. "Nancy, you scuffed that vehicle!" It was an automatic response for me. Since I actually said it using the Roscoe P. Coltrane southern hick accent, I probably sounded pretty stupid! Oh well!

On another topic entirely, PLS' daughter decided Sunday night that she wanted to straighten my hair using her flat iron after I told her that I'd never done that in my life. Me with straight hair looked... interesting. lol

tbs fanatic
02-14-2008, 04:58 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Brooke
02-14-2008, 05:20 PM
Ha! Maybe we should see that picture, too, Soda!

Btw, we are still awaiting pics from PLS, Molly, and timfan! :fingerwag:

Or did I miss them somehow?

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 06:53 PM
The Car ride sounds such fun Soda!

And Congrats on 5000 posts. WOW! :yay:

sodascouts
02-14-2008, 09:39 PM
The car ride was a hoot, alright, brief as it was. Sadly the majority of the conversation was along the lines of "Where is this Lot 9?" "Are you sure it was Lot 9?" "Keep your eye out for signs leading to Lot 9" etc. lol

And yeah, no one else has posted their pic either except for Dreamer, why am I the only one given a hard time? I gave you the better half already! ;)

5000 posts since I first did a message board back in 2005 - dang! Time flies!

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 03:00 AM
Me too!

Well, thanks again everyone, but EF is right. Naturally curly hair can be very stubborn and hard to style. It tends to do what it wants to. I spent most of my life trying to change it - even ironing it and chemically straightening it. Of course, when it comes to hairstyles, we only want the ones that we can't get. :wink: Then, I look at Glenn's gorgeous natural waves and think, hmmm - not that bad looking!!! :shock: :wink:

Oh, Dreamer, I noticed alright. :smitten: I never fail to notice Sugar's eyelashes. And those beautiful blue eyes... :bow:

Your hair looks great, by the way. You have nothing to worry about! :D I have a natural curl in my hair, so if I don't blow-dry it (which I have to do every day as I have to wash my hair every day :roll: ), it will curl. It's not difficult to maintain, though, so I suppose I'm lucky.

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 03:02 AM
The lucky car ride on Tuesday was definitely one of the highlights for me. PLS got in the back seat first. I was next, even though Soda was behind me and literally had me pinned between the open car door and another car. After I finally got in, Carl the Caddy asked me if we wanted him to pull up some. I told him that would probably be a good idea, so he did. By the time Soda, and then Molly piled in, I didn’t hardly have any seat left. I think a small part of my right butt cheek was on the seat, but I had to lean forward and balance myself with the front console. I am sure not complaining about this though because I had an amazing view of Glenn during the entire ride. :smitten:

I wanted to comment on this - I didn't mean to pin Dreamer like that! Here's what happened. Carl pulled up pretty close to a parked car, and when Dreamer opened the door to get in, the car door hit the parked car. There was no way for me to get around, so I just stood at the car door waiting for Dreamer to get in, after which I would close the door and walk by. I didn't realize she was having trouble getting in, so when I thought she was on her way, I started to close the door... but wound up hitting her instead!

Once in the car, I joked that Dreamer had "scuffed that vehicle" - a reference to the Dukes of Hazzard TV show that I'm sure no one got. Roscoe P. Coltrane used to say "you done scuffed my vehicle!" every time he wrecked his car chasing the Dukes (ie, every episode), and my dad used to do an imitation of him every time we nicked our car. "Nancy, you scuffed that vehicle!" It was an automatic response for me. Since I actually said it using the Roscoe P. Coltrane southern hick accent, I probably sounded pretty stupid! Oh well!

On another topic entirely, PLS' daughter decided Sunday night that she wanted to straighten my hair using her flat iron after I told her that I'd never done that in my life. Me with straight hair looked... interesting. lol

I enjoyed this story, Soda! :lol:

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 03:03 AM
Ha! Maybe we should see that picture, too, Soda!

Btw, we are still awaiting pics from PLS, Molly, and timfan! :fingerwag:

Or did I miss them somehow?

Yep, I'm also still waiting! :wink: TF has been particularly quiet... :?:

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 03:06 AM
The car ride was a hoot, alright, brief as it was. Sadly the majority of the conversation was along the lines of "Where is this Lot 9?" "Are you sure it was Lot 9?" "Keep your eye out for signs leading to Lot 9" etc. lol

And yeah, no one else has posted their pic either except for Dreamer, why am I the only one given a hard time? I gave you the better half already! ;)

5000 posts since I first did a message board back in 2005 - dang! Time flies!

Sorry, Soda, but what does "Lot 9" refer to? Please excuse my ignorance.

As for your not posting the other half of your picture with Glenn :heart:: girlfriend, we want to see you as much as we want to see Glenn :heart:! :wink:

Congratulations from me too on your 5,000th post. I noticed yesterday that you were coming up to it.

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 05:21 AM
IMHO Soda yopu are just as good a 'half' as Glenn :heart: Different, maybe, but I'd love to see the two of you together. And Molly! And PLS!

glenneaglesfan
02-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Soda and dreamer, I chuckled at your account of the car ride. I think you got a bit lost on purpose, just to stay in the car a bit longer!

MF, lot 9 would refer to the number of the parking lot. We call them car parks! :wink:

Perfect Little Sister
02-15-2008, 12:58 PM
Lot 9 is the glorified name for what was more like a fire road that they were parking cars along. The problem with finding it after play was that it got full so they changed "lot 9" to an open field. Once we finally found the signs, Carl the Caddy pulled into "lot 9" and we were stumped. "This isn't right...it was, like, a fire road or something." Carl the Caddy pulled up next to one of the children directing parking and we explained things. "OH! You mean the other lot 9". As we pulled away there was much eye rolling in the car at the idiocy of "moving" lot 9. The guys were very sweet to persevere. When we finally got the directions, we were only about 50 yards from the shuttle bus stop. They could have just let us out there and gone on their merry way. But being such sweethearts, they took us all the way to the car. Not thinking about what I was saying, I told them, "you guys rawk!" when they dropped us off, then cringed at the unintended pun.lol

Perfect Little Sister
02-15-2008, 01:07 PM
Against my better judgment, here's the pic with Glenn. As you can see, he wasn't quite as thrilled. I got the PR lip curve rather than the genuine smile Soda got, but hey, he was willing to subject himself to the "photo op" and I'll take what I can get. :wink:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/eaglesaddict05/DSC01012.jpg[/img]

Brooke
02-15-2008, 02:15 PM
PLS, that is a gorgeous picture of both you and Glenn! You have beautiful hair! Thanks so much for showing us. What a treasure! :D

I know what you mean about that "PR lip curve" though. I have a pic with Don and his smile (or grimace :roll: ) is the same as nearly everyone's that you see. I don't think Glenn has that on here though! He looks genuinely happy. :D

sodascouts
02-15-2008, 02:22 PM
I only got a bigger smile because I was being silly, as usual! Molly took the first photo and was like, "Nancy, settle down, your mouth is moving!" I said "My mouth is ALWAYS moving," and Glenn chuckled, "You're so funny."

Glenn was very cute asking directions. The people working there directing traffic were from the ages of about 10-18. Carl the Caddy wanted to pull up next to one of the teens to ask about Lot 9 and Glenn said, "He won't know anything." Carl pulled up anyway, and sure enough, he didn't. Glenn told Carl "I told you so!" as we drove away. When we pulled up next to a younger girl later, getting desperate, Glenn said gently, "Sweetheart, do you know where Lot 9 is?" He's so kind with children!

Marla
02-15-2008, 04:13 PM
The photos are all beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them & the great stories! You guys look fabulous standing next to Mr. Frey. And perfectly natural, as if it happened every day. In the only photo I've ever had taken with a celebrity, I look stunned.

I got even less than a 'lip curl' in my photo with The Don. There's just a hint of a smirk on his face. He's either wishing he could be somewhere else or trying not to laugh in front of my 6'2" husband, whom I 'manuevered' out of the way so that I could stand next to (& of course put my arm around) Don. Hey, at least I didn't try to kiss him. :wink:

I love your descriptions of the car ride, Dreamer & Soda. I probably would have been laughing hysterically had I been there. Nancy, my son was such a huge Dukes of Hazzard fan that we still use 'scuffed my vehicle' too. I can still hear Roscoe saying it in that twangy voice. I probably would have laughed & snorted. :D 8)

Thanks for letting me live vicariously! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 05:45 PM
You both look lovely PLS! I'd give anything for a pic like that. Treasure it.

sodascouts
02-15-2008, 05:59 PM
LOL Marla! Glad I'm not the only one!

I hear you guys about Don in photos. Here's how he looked in the photo I took with him and Stevie back in 2005:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/don/NancyStevieDoncrop2.jpg

He was smiling right before the camera went off. I think he's one of those guys that thinks he looks better when he's looking "intense" and tries not to smile in posed photos.

Freypower
02-15-2008, 06:23 PM
PLS, that photo is really nice. Congratulations. :shock:

Perfect Little Sister
02-15-2008, 06:53 PM
Aww. You guys are so sweet. I was so surprised when soda asked if she could take that picture. I had no idea she was going to do it and afterwards I wondered if I had witchy woman hair with all that wind.lol At least I had the presence of mind to take off my sunglasses, which prompted Glenn to do the same. (monkey see monkey do and all that) He was so sweet to put up with all of us and the photo op. And I do treasure it GA.

DonFan
02-15-2008, 07:51 PM
All your photos with Glenn look great. He does always seem to have a pleasant expression on his face in pics.

Soda, I think you are right about Don thinking he always has to look like Mr. Serious in his pics. He has the same expression that you & Margie were talking about in my picture with him too. <sigh> Of course, I am grinning ear-to-ear and wishing the moment would last forever.

Interesting comment about trying not to kiss him, Margie! My mind wandered down that path as well! :wink: Along those lines, have any of you read the Sweet Potato Queen books? They are absolutely hilarious and I recommend them highly. In "The Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love," author Jill Conner Brown writes about a fellow named Bill who she calls The Best Kisser in the History of the Entire World. She said, "I let him kiss me one time and it just about melted the fillings in my teeth." :shock:

Now that, ladies, is a KISS. Somehow I think if any of our fantasies in this arena ever came true, we might find ourselves using the same description. :heart:

sodascouts
02-15-2008, 07:55 PM
Hey, I've got an idea! Remember at fairs in the old days there were kissing booths, where pretty girls sold a kiss for a dollar? The guys could do this before a concert. All proceeds going to Walden Woods, of course. That should at least get Don to pucker up. ;) They could make it part of a six-star package costing $5000 a kiss. lol

Of course they would probably have to have security guards monitoring to drag the women off of them once they got their kiss... things could sure get out of control...

:makeout:

;)

DonFan
02-15-2008, 08:03 PM
Ooh, GREAT idea Soda! Don will have to agree since it is for Walden Woods! :wink: Oh, the sacrifices one has to make for a good cause!
Since we are throwing out ideas here, I've often thought that the "I Love All Access" tickets should really offer all access. 8) :nod:

Glennsallnighter
02-16-2008, 04:44 AM
I'm sure Glenn :heart: would agree too, at least in the interests of WW or perhaps one of his favourite charities! :wink:

Thing is though as you say Soda.....Once I got him I'd never let him go!

Even if MF was next in line!

EasyFeeling
02-16-2008, 12:50 PM
Great idea, Soda. :D But too bad you didn't take the chance to ask Glenn for that special treat. Maybe next year. :wink:

PLS, your photo is GREAT, Glenn looks fabulous. :D And I agree with Brooke, you have beautiful hair *sigh*.

sodascouts
02-16-2008, 02:52 PM
Since we are throwing out ideas here, I've often thought that the "I Love All Access" tickets should really offer all access. 8) :nod:

I'm sure you mean that in the most innocent way. ;)

DonFan
02-16-2008, 03:10 PM

I'm sure you mean that in the most innocent way. ;)

Of course! :lie: :hilarious:

Marla
02-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Ooh, GREAT idea Soda! Don will have to agree since it is for Walden Woods! :wink: Oh, the sacrifices one has to make for a good cause!

I remember saying in July 1994 that if I paid $75 for a concert ticket that it should include a half-hour alone with the Eagle of my choice. :roll: The times, they are a-changing, huh?

And of course that is innocuous. I mean you can only do so much in a half hour. :roll:

I must look for the Sweet Potato Queen books. You know, that whole kiss thing just occurred to me when I was posting. It's not something I'd ever try, & I don't know that it crossed my mind then. I'm usually not very impulsive, & I have too much respect for people & their space to impose my will on someone I don't know. However, it was THE DON, & I guess all of us 'superfans' have some "demons & desires of our own"!! :blush: :shock:

As for I Love All Access, they really should change their name to I Hate Expensive Tickets for NO Access. :)

DonFan
02-16-2008, 07:21 PM
As for I Love All Access, they really should change their name to I Hate Expensive Tickets for NO Access. :)

AMEN!!

Glennsallnighter
02-17-2008, 06:10 AM
I remember saying in July 1994 that if I paid $75 for a concert ticket that it should include a half-hour alone with the Eagle of my choice. :roll: The times, they are a-changing, huh?

And of course that is innocuous. I mean you can only do so much in a half hour. :roll:

Oooooh Marla! Even the ILAA tickets would be good value if that was included. Half an hour with Glenn :heart: :inlove: :love: :yay:

My heart is already in overdrive. :fainting: :fainted:

Marla
02-17-2008, 11:04 PM

Oooooh Marla! Even the ILAA tickets would be good value if that was included. Half an hour with Glenn :heart: :inlove: :love: :yay:

My heart is already in overdrive. :fainting: :fainted:

Yep, I'd even pay $250 for something like that! :wink: :D Oh wait, I did pay that once to meet Mr. H & have my photo taken with him. :roll:

Not alone & not 30 minutes though. :) We should never say what we would or wouldn't do. :!:

DonFan
02-18-2008, 12:40 AM
I know what you mean, Margie--never say never, especially when it comes to The Don. :smitten:

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 06:47 AM
Soda and dreamer, I chuckled at your account of the car ride. I think you got a bit lost on purpose, just to stay in the car a bit longer!

MF, lot 9 would refer to the number of the parking lot. We call them car parks! :wink:

Ah, a parking lot! :doh: I didn't get that. :blush: We call them parking lots too! Thanks, GEF! :D

Thanks for your more detailed explanation, PLS! :D

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 06:56 AM
Against my better judgment, here's the pic with Glenn. As you can see, he wasn't quite as thrilled. I got the PR lip curve rather than the genuine smile Soda got, but hey, he was willing to subject himself to the "photo op" and I'll take what I can get. :wink:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b20/eaglesaddict05/DSC01012.jpg[/img]

WOW, PLS!!!

What a beautiful photo, and you look stunning, girl! :nod: Glenn :heart: doesn't look too bad, either! :wink: :smitten:

I had to laugh when you mentioned the "PR lip curve". I've noticed that Glenn :heart: tends to smile like that when he's posing, but he looks happy enough to me to be posing with a lovely lady like you! :D

Thanks for sharing your special moment with us! :D

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 07:04 AM
PLS, that is a gorgeous picture of both you and Glenn! You have beautiful hair! Thanks so much for showing us. What a treasure! :D

I know what you mean about that "PR lip curve" though. I have a pic with Don and his smile (or grimace :roll: ) is the same as nearly everyone's that you see. I don't think Glenn has that on here though! He looks genuinely happy. :D

Highlighted word: :lol:

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 07:07 AM
I only got a bigger smile because I was being silly, as usual! Molly took the first photo and was like, "Nancy, settle down, your mouth is moving!" I said "My mouth is ALWAYS moving," and Glenn chuckled, "You're so funny."

Glenn was very cute asking directions. The people working there directing traffic were from the ages of about 10-18. Carl the Caddy wanted to pull up next to one of the teens to ask about Lot 9 and Glenn said, "He won't know anything." Carl pulled up anyway, and sure enough, he didn't. Glenn told Carl "I told you so!" as we drove away. When we pulled up next to a younger girl later, getting desperate, Glenn said gently, "Sweetheart, do you know where Lot 9 is?" He's so kind with children!

Awwwww... That just makes me want to hug Glenn :heart: again! :hug: :blush:

I enjoyed your story about your photo, Soda! :lol:

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 07:15 AM
The photos are all beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing them & the great stories! You guys look fabulous standing next to Mr. Frey. And perfectly natural, as if it happened every day. In the only photo I've ever had taken with a celebrity, I look stunned.

I got even less than a 'lip curl' in my photo with The Don. There's just a hint of a smirk on his face. He's either wishing he could be somewhere else or trying not to laugh in front of my 6'2" husband, whom I 'manuevered' out of the way so that I could stand next to (& of course put my arm around) Don. Hey, at least I didn't try to kiss him. :wink:

I love your descriptions of the car ride, Dreamer & Soda. I probably would have been laughing hysterically had I been there. Nancy, my son was such a huge Dukes of Hazzard fan that we still use 'scuffed my vehicle' too. I can still hear Roscoe saying it in that twangy voice. I probably would have laughed & snorted. :D 8)

Thanks for letting me live vicariously! :D

Highlighted paragraph: Marla, I got a good laugh from your story! :lol: The part about your manoevering your husband out of the way really cracked me up! As for your not trying to kiss Don, I'm sure that must have taken a lot of willpower! :twisted: :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 07:25 AM
Hey, I've got an idea! Remember at fairs in the old days there were kissing booths, where pretty girls sold a kiss for a dollar? The guys could do this before a concert. All proceeds going to Walden Woods, of course. That should at least get Don to pucker up. ;) They could make it part of a six-star package costing $5000 a kiss. lol

Of course they would probably have to have security guards monitoring to drag the women off of them once they got their kiss... things could sure get out of control...

:makeout:

;)

That is indeed a great idea, Soda! :twisted: And we sure would get "out of control" alright... :wink:

You ladies' ensuing discussion on this topic really cracked me up! :rofl: DF, that bit about sacrifices for a good cause is classic! You are all SO bad! :twisted: :wink:

I admit that I would have to exercise extreme self control around Glenn :heart:. :blush: Like Marla, I have too much respect for him and the other Eagles to do anything inappropriate if I were to be fortunate enough to meet them, but they really are delicious guys, aren't they? :blush: Do they KNOW what they DO to us? :shock: