PDA

View Full Version : Long Road Out of Eden: First Impressions Survivor

Pages : [1] 2

sodascouts
11-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Time for the Song Survivor we’ve all been waiting for... Long Road Out of Eden! If you're new, for a basic overview of the game, see this post: Survivor Overview (https://eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6551&postcount=7)

I'm going to list the songs of Long Road Out of Eden here. Vote for the song that you feel should be eliminated from the list. The song that gets the most votes will be taken off of the list (or, in the language of Survivor, "Voted off of the island.") Each round, one more song will get axed, until there's only one left. Remember: you're voting for your LEAST favorite, not your favorite.

Each round will last 48 hours after posting to give people a chance to vote who don't post every day. That means that the first round will end at 8:00 Eastern time the day after tomorrow. If you miss a round, don't think you can't play. It's all good!

Since there may be discussion posts, be sure to make it clear when you are casting your vote. Votes cannot be cast after the cut off time of 8:00 on the second day, and they cannot be changed once you have voted.

If you get confused about what round we are in, look at this post. I'll always update it to reflect the current round. Also feel free to post any questions if you don't understand what's going on.

If there is a tiebreaker, then ALL votes from ALL previous rounds are tallied and whoever has the most prior votes is eliminated. That’s the way it’s done on the real show, that’s the way it’s done here. If there is a complete tie with prior votes (Murphy’s Law), then I'll have a sudden-death trivia question ready. The first person who answers it correctly gets to break the tie. The odds of that happening are slim, but you never know, and it's good to be prepared.

Additional note: Because this album is still fresh, we’re going to hold another one of these next year after the songs have had a chance to “sink in.” This is our “first impression” Survivor.

The winner of Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is WAITING IN THE WEEDS.

Songs Eliminated:
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance 11/13
Fast Company 11/15
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture 11/17
I Dreamed There Was No War 11/19
Business As Usual 11/21
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More 11/23
Guilty of the Crime 11/25
It's Your World Now 11/27
No More Walks in the Wood 11/29
Busy Being Fabulous 12/01
You Are Not Alone 12/03
Center of the Universe 12/05
Last Good Time in Town 12/07
Do Something 12/09
Long Road Out of Eden 12/11
No More Cloudy Days 12/13
Somebody 12/15
What Do I Do With My Heart 12/17
How Long 12/19

Thanks for playing!

sodascouts
11-11-2007, 09:09 PM
I haven't really spoken much about this of late because it's "older", but one of my skipped songs:

I cast my vote for Fast Company.

timfan
11-11-2007, 09:35 PM
I cast my vote for "Business as Usual". The negative commentary within the song just turns me off.

Freypower
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Should I Dreamed There Was No War be included? We didn't include Wasted Time or Doolin-Dalton Reprises. I don't object either way.

This is going to be a very interesting game. I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

DonFan
11-11-2007, 10:33 PM
I cast my vote for I Love To Watch a Woman Dance.

sodascouts
11-11-2007, 10:34 PM
Should I Dreamed There Was No War be included? We didn't include Wasted Time or Doolin-Dalton Reprises. I don't object either way.

Yes, because it's not a Reprise. It's like Journey of the Sorcerer.

Maleah
11-12-2007, 01:26 AM
I cast my vote for "I Love to Watch a Woman Dance"

Glennsallnighter
11-12-2007, 05:02 AM
I'm going to listen a bit more before I make my decision. I've just worked out. 19 songs with 2 days voting for each song makes it about a 5 week Survivor! Woo Hoo Hoo! This'll keep us going until Christmas week!!

Mrs Frey
11-12-2007, 06:23 AM
I hope to participate in this Song Survivor soon. I haven't received my album yet, but it won't be long now! :D

EasyFeeling
11-12-2007, 07:23 AM
I cast my vote for I Love To Watch A Woman Dance.

Freypower
11-12-2007, 11:27 PM
Poor ILTW. It's going to remain my guilty pleasure. I thought it would be more popular with this board, but apparently not. :cry:

Glennsallnighter
11-13-2007, 05:50 AM
ILTWAWD is not one of my favourites either. Its not that I don't like it but I definitely think there's better on the album. So regrettably
I cast my vote for 'I Love To Watch A Woman Dance'

glenneaglesfan
11-13-2007, 11:23 AM
I'm not voting until I've had a chance to listen to all the tracks several times, but to see ILTWAWD go so quickly will be very sad - those lines: "Her warm breath against my neck
Slowly breaking down my will
The room spins so I can barely stand." Sigh.

(Thanks for putting up all the lyrics on EOC, Soda.)

Perfect Little Sister
11-13-2007, 01:22 PM

I dislike that this song is done in falsetto. I think it is a terrible disservice to Don's voice to use falsetto as more than a short accent. He has such a great voice that it bothers me to hear this one. I do sometimes skip it already. :blush:

rcknalwys
11-13-2007, 05:57 PM
I'm casting my vote for I Love To Watch a Woman Dance, sorry. It's not that it isn't a great song, just not my favorite. But it has the potential to grow on me :wink:

Ive always been a dreamer
11-13-2007, 07:05 PM
I really hate to see ILTWAWD get eliminated so soon. I just love the song. It is SOOOOOO beautiful and romantic, IMHO. As I expected, we are going to be 'all over the place' in this game. It should be fun. Therefore ...

I cast my vote for No More Walks in the Woods.

I like the song - it has beautiful lyrics and harmonies, and I love the concept of opening the album with it. However, the melody is disappointing to me. I want to hear another Seven Bridges Road. ;)

sodascouts
11-13-2007, 09:01 PM
Alright, here we go! The first song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Love to Watch a Woman Dance. “I Love to Watch a Woman Dance,” I’m sorry to say that this dance will be our only dance. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – 5
Fast Company – 2
Business As Usual – 1
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 1
No More Walks in the Wood – 1

Vote Breakdown
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – DonFan
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Maleah
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – EasyFeeling
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – Glennsallnighter
I Love to Watch a Woman Dance – rcknalwys
Fast Company – sodascouts
Fast Company – PerfectLittleSister
Business As Usual – timfan
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Freypower
No More Walks in the Wood – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:

Songs remaining:
No More Walks in the Wood
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
What Do I Do With My Heart
Guilty of the Crime
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Fast Company
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
I Dreamed There Was No War
Somebody
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Voting for round 2 begins now.

sodascouts
11-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Man, I'm sad to see ILTWAWD go! Bummer!

I've made my feelings on this song clear:

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

Freypower
11-13-2007, 09:13 PM
'There's so much I don't understand'.... oh well. 8)

I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More again.

DonFan
11-13-2007, 09:53 PM

timfan
11-13-2007, 09:58 PM
I cast my vote for Fast Company

Maleah
11-14-2007, 12:21 AM
I cast my vote for "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture"

EasyFeeling
11-14-2007, 05:38 AM
I have to agree wit PLS, not a big fan of the falsetto so...

I cast my vote for Fast Company

rcknalwys
11-14-2007, 02:49 PM
Also not a fan of the falsetto so alas, I cast my vote for Fast Company. This is so hard, each one is a gem, although some shine brighter than others. Will be really interesting to see the results the next time we play, after the initial enthusiasm has had time to settle down. Then we'll see which songs really stand out for us over the long run. Pun intended! :wink:

Brooke
11-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Oh man, I'm sorry I missed the first round, but I have to agree with the outcome. When ILTWAWD comes on I find myself wanting to hit skip. I t is beautiful, just not Eagles.

Anyway, my next choice is Fast Company. I do NOT like the falsetto at all.

bdr529
11-14-2007, 06:59 PM
No question, such a great album. Where did this come from? Fast Company must go.

sodascouts
11-14-2007, 10:16 PM
I hear ya, bdr. And welcome to the board!

11-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Wow - This is going to be a hard game. As usual, I like all of the songs on this album. It's sad to see Fast Company go. I am usually not a fan of the falsetto voice, but it doesn't bother me here - somehow it serves to keep the song from sounding "preachy". I love the message of the song. I am going to stick with my same choice as last round.

I cast my vote for No More Walks in the Wood.

glenneaglesfan
11-15-2007, 05:42 PM
I'm really sad for Fast Company. It's a great upbeat and meaningful track for me. The three previously released tracks (FC, DS & NMCD) have sustained me through the doldrums, and I love all of them, and am deliriously pleased to find them on the new album. Don just showcases his talents by singing falsetto, and as for the chorus, I just love the way you can hear Glenn in this. It's a great song.

Having relistened to the Nicky Horne interview, I (reluctantly) cast my vote for "Frail Grasp on the Big Picture".

sodascouts
11-15-2007, 09:00 PM
OK, the second song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Fast Company. “Fast Company,” it looks like you went nowhere fast. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Fast Company – 6
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 3
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 1

Vote Breakdown
Fast Company – DonFan
Fast Company – timfan
Fast Company – EasyFeeling
Fast Company – rocknalwys
Fast Company – Brooke
Fast Company – bdr529
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – sodascouts
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – Maleah
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – glenneaglesfan

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Voting for round 3 begins now.

sodascouts
11-15-2007, 09:42 PM
OK, here I go again...predictably,

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

EasyFeeling
11-16-2007, 05:20 AM
I cast my vote for Frail Grasp On The Big Picture.

rcknalwys
11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
And is gets harder and harder. I'm going with Frail Grasp also.

Brooke
11-16-2007, 11:53 AM
I'm a little lost at this point. I see no reason for I Dreamed There Was No War to even be included. It's so short and there are no words. But yet, I don't skip it when it comes on. I do tend to skip Do Something, but more because I've heard it more and am wanting to get to the new songs.

I guess I need to think on it some more!

sodascouts
11-16-2007, 01:10 PM
I'm a little lost at this point. I see no reason for I Dreamed There Was No War to even be included. It's so short and there are no words. But yet, I don't skip it when it comes on. I do tend to skip Do Something, but more because I've heard it more and am wanting to get to the new songs.

Glenn says IDTWNW gives the mind "time to rest." I find it lovely. It's certainly not the first time a brief instrumental track has appeared on an Eagles album, if you count the reprises.

I tend to skip the "old" songs too, for the same reason!

timfan
11-16-2007, 05:12 PM
I cast my vote for Frail Grasp on the Big Picture

Freypower
11-16-2007, 06:11 PM
I'll change tack here and cast my vote for Guilty Of The Crime.

As Soda said earlier, if Journey of the Sorcerer is valid so is I Dreamed There Was No War. I never thought I'd hear Glenn channel Mark Knopfler. The more I hear the track the more I like it, and while I suppose it will be voted off soon, I don't wish to do so yet.

Maleah
11-16-2007, 07:14 PM
I also vote for Frail Grasp...

Glennsallnighter
11-16-2007, 07:39 PM
I know its short and instrumental but I too love IDTWNW. In fact I love everything on the new album, so this is already difficult. I'm not as mad about 'Business as Usual' so I think I'll cast my vote for 'Business as Usual' to go in this round.

glenneaglesfan
11-17-2007, 06:10 AM
Ok I've finally managed to listen to all the tracks in my car. I too vote for Frail Grasp. I'm afraid it sounds like a track off Inside Job, and not Eagles enough for me.

I cast my vote for Frail Grasp On The Big Picture

DonFan
11-17-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm with Brooke here--I see no reason for I Dreamed There Was No War to be included here either. It is incongruous to me that this song, which as she pointed out is so short and has no words, is apparently up against Frail Grasp in this round. Frail Grasp has an infectious, driving beat and some of the best lyrics on the CD. Don & Glenn wrote this together, and I love the way they play with words in those catch phrases, which I can't seem to get out of my head! :wink:

I realize I am in the minority here, but....

I cast my vote for IDTWNW.

Brooke
11-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks for reenforcing my thoughts, DF. Your other comments also helped me decide. How can I vote off a song written by the dynamic duo so early in the game? Frail Grasp is not one of my favorites, but I agree with you completely. And I still see no reason for IDTWNW to be included when it has no words. How does a short instrumental compare to all the thought and work that goes in to putting lyrics to a melody? I know, this isn't a song writing class. :)

I cast my vote for I Dreamed There Was No War.

sodascouts
11-17-2007, 02:28 PM
How does a short instrumental compare to all the thought and work that goes in to putting lyrics to a melody?

When I read this, I went through my Mozart CDs, and with little effort found several short pieces. The Molto Allegro from Symphony No. 9 in C is less than two minutes, for instance. Now you may say "Frey's no Mozart" but what I'm going for is that just because a song is an instrumental doesn't mean it didn't take much thought and effort.

11-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I have to agree with Soda here. Just because a piece of music does not have lyrics or is short doesn't mean it is less of a song. As a matter of fact, I would argue the opposite. When a musician is able to convey a message through music alone, it makes it all the more powerful to me. I think IDTWNW is a perfect way to follow LROOE and is every bit as powerful. When I heard Glenn play this for the first time in Niagara Falls, I was literally moved to tears. It was stunningly and mournfully beautiful to watch and hear him speak to us through his guitar. Having said all this, though, I am also a big fan of FGOTBP, and hate to see it voted off. However, I imagine I am going to feel this way throughout this game because I'm in a quandary about voting off any of the songs. It's going to be a hard game and I am beginning to sound repetitive with my voting, but for now I am going to stay the course ...

Brooke
11-17-2007, 05:06 PM
How does a short instrumental compare to all the thought and work that goes in to putting lyrics to a melody?

When I read this, I went through my Mozart CDs, and with little effort found several short pieces. The Molto Allegro from Symphony No. 9 in C is less than two minutes, for instance. Now you may say "Frey's no Mozart" but what I'm going for is that just because a song is an instrumental doesn't mean it didn't take much thought and effort.

Oh, of course it did. I didn't mean to imply that it didn't. I'm not a classical music fan either and know absolutely nothing about it. I guess what I mean, and I have a hard time expressing myself sometimes, or I speak without thinking of all the angles, is that an instrumental just doesn't interest me like a song with words does. And that's just me and why I voted for IDTWNW. To me, there is absolutely no comparison. Actually, now that I think about it, I should have voted for IDTWNW before I voted for ILTWAWD, but I didn't realize it was in the contest. And that's my fault for not paying attention.

sodascouts
11-17-2007, 05:26 PM
Dang Brooke, you've gone from undecided to passionate proponent! And there's nothing wrong with that or having your own opinions about the song.

Brooke
11-17-2007, 08:46 PM
:blush: Sometimes I tend to open mouth and insert foot quite easily! :lol:

On with the show!

sodascouts
11-17-2007, 09:02 PM
And the third song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Frail Grasp on the Big Picture. “Frail Grasp,” ain’t it a shame how you had such a short little run. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 6
I Dreamed There Was No War – 2
Guilty of the Crime – 1
Business As Usual – 1

Vote Breakdown
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – sodascouts
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – EasyFeeling
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – rocknalwys
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – timfan
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – Maleah
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – glenneaglesfan
I Dreamed There Was No War – DonFan
I Dreamed There Was No War – Brooke
Guilty of the Crime – Freypower
Business As Usual – Glennsallnighter

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
Frail Grasp on the Big Picture – 11/17

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Voting for round 4 begins now.

sodascouts
11-17-2007, 09:09 PM
I skip three songs on this CD. Two of them are gone. Now for the third...

I cast my vote for Long Road Out of Eden.

Maleah
11-18-2007, 02:07 AM
I cast my vote for "I Dreamed There Was No War"

Though it is a beautiful piece of music!

EasyFeeling
11-18-2007, 07:41 AM
Actually, now that I think about it, I should have voted for IDTWNW before I voted for ILTWAWD, but I didn't realize it was in the contest.

Ok, you can blame me for that as well. :blush: I always skip it so meanwhile I forgot this song does exist. :blush:

This time I cast my vote for I Dreamed There Was No War.

rcknalwys
11-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Those of you who have seen it performed live have a bit of an edge on the rest of us and appreciate it in a different way, but although it's a great piece of music, this time I'm voting for IDTWNW to leave.

Brooke
11-18-2007, 03:49 PM
Bet you're wondering what I'm voting for again!

I cast my vote for I Dreamed There Was No War.

timfan
11-18-2007, 04:10 PM
I cannot vote off IDTWNW. It is a gorgeous piece of music and so hearfelt. When Glenn played it at Niagara Falls it was like the guitar was "talking" It was an amazing moment! 8)

I cast my vote for Busy Being Fabulous

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Please don't vote off IDTWNW. Its gorgeous. Don't make me :weep:

I cast me vote again for 'Business as Usual'

scottside
11-18-2007, 06:15 PM
I vote for Busy Being Fabulous. I agree with Don....they should'be left it off. The verses aren't bad, but that chorus is just so lame.

11-18-2007, 06:53 PM
No! No! No! Please everyone, I'm begging you not to vote for IDTWNW. Please save this beautiful piece of music. It is a perfect short, but powerful instrumental to follow the long, intense LROOE.

In order to save it, we must form a coalition. Right now, another song must get five votes in order to save it. Busy Being Fabulous is the only other song with more than one vote so that looks like the best bet. Therefore, I urge everyone to vote for Busy Being Fabulous in order to save IDTWNW. :pray: :pray: :pray:

I cast my vote for Busy Being Fabulous.

eagleshenleyfan
11-18-2007, 06:56 PM
I vote for IDTWNW as previously mentioned a great instrumental piece but I think that it's a bit out of place with the rest of the album.

Freypower
11-19-2007, 12:00 AM
I'm with Brooke here--I see no reason for I Dreamed There Was No War to be included here either. It is incongruous to me that this song, which as she pointed out is so short and has no words, is apparently up against Frail Grasp in this round. Frail Grasp has an infectious, driving beat and some of the best lyrics on the CD. Don & Glenn wrote this together, and I love the way they play with words in those catch phrases, which I can't seem to get out of my head! :wink:

I realize I am in the minority here, but....

I cast my vote for IDTWNW.

I agree with DF's comments about FG, except that I suspect the lyrics were entirely written by Don. I would like to hope that wasn't the case but there is not very much 'Glenn' about the song.

Oops - time to vote. I cast my vote for Business As Usual. I'm really trying to use tactics here.

DonFan
11-19-2007, 12:17 AM
I vote for Busy Being Fabulous. I agree with Don....they should'be left it off. The verses aren't bad, but that chorus is just so lame.

Don said Busy Being Fabulous should be left off? Where did you read that? Everything I read said it would be released as the next single.

I cast my vote, once again, for I Dreamed There was No War.

timfan
11-19-2007, 08:18 AM
Don said Busy Being Fabulous should be left off? Where did you read that? Everything I read said it would be released as the next single.

DF Don made this statement in the Classic Gold Interview with Nicky Horne.

Brooke
11-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I can't believe he said that and he also said it would be the next single! Hmmm.

Anyway, I love BBF! I've been wondering what the video would be like since it was supposed to be the next single! And if the guys will do any acting for it! :laugh:

sodascouts
11-19-2007, 03:29 PM
I hope we get another video for it, too! That would be cool!

DonFan
11-19-2007, 05:02 PM

I missed that--is it up anywhere?

bdr529
11-19-2007, 05:46 PM
This may not be as easy as some may have thought. I have to say "How Long" at this point. There is so much better material on this CD. My vote may be early but the single will not be the sole survivor. Just wanted to be first :roll:

bdr529
11-19-2007, 05:59 PM
Don Henley did say four to five songs should have been left off the CD. He also said it is part of being a band; you have to give and take so some songs stayed. Wow, how things have changed, this coming from the perfectionist who thought the guitar work for Hotel California could have been better.

It’s great to see the band work together like that. I realize this is the last CD. As DH put it, they want to go out riding on the crest of a wave not crashing into the shore.

As for leaving songs off of the CD, well isn't that what this contest is all about? I do agree, a few songs could have been left off but in the end its new Eagles material and when I am not in the mood for it, that’s what skip is for.

sodascouts
11-19-2007, 06:08 PM

I missed that--is it up anywhere?

The whole thing is posted in bite size chunks here:

http://www.eagles-band.de/texte.php?id=115966

sodascouts
11-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Don Henley did say four to five songs should have been left off the CD. He also said it is part of being a band; you have to give and take so some songs stayed. Wow, how things have changed, this coming from the perfectionist who thought the guitar work for Hotel California could have been better.

It’s great to see the band work together like that. I realize this is the last CD. As DH put it, they want to go out riding on the crest of a wave not crashing into the shore.

As for leaving songs off of the CD, well isn't that what this contest is all about? I do agree, a few songs could have been left off but in the end its new Eagles material and when I am not in the mood for it, that’s what skip is for.

Exactly, bdr.

No CD is going to be perfect, but I find it interesting how disparate everyone's tastes are. What one person feels should have been left off is another person's favorite. That's why I, for one, am grateful they went ahead and gave us two discs. As has been noted before, there's something for everyone.

DonFan
11-19-2007, 08:22 PM
The whole thing is posted in bite size chunks here:

http://www.eagles-band.de/texte.php?id=115966

Thanks, Soda. I just listened to all of that, and it was very enlightening--and very good.

I loved the song-by-song commentary, but I wonder why didn't they talk about my favorite, Waiting in the Weeds?

sodascouts
11-19-2007, 09:59 PM
Sorry for the delay in results - I was out with a friend. Anyway, here they are!

The fourth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Dreamed There Was No War. IDTWNW, time for you to allow your mind to rest. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Dreamed There Was No War – 6
Busy Being Fabulous – 3
Business As Usual – 2
How Long – 1
Long Road Out of Eden - 1

Vote Breakdown
I Dreamed There Was No War – Maleah
I Dreamed There Was No War – EasyFeeling
I Dreamed There Was No War – rcknalwys
I Dreamed There Was No War – Brooke
I Dreamed There Was No War – eagleshenleyfan
I Dreamed There Was No War – DonFan
Busy Being Fabulous – timfan
Busy Being Fabulous – scottside
Busy Being Fabulous – Ive always been a dreamer
Business As Usual – Freypower
How Long – bdr529
Long Road Out of Eden - SodaScouts

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
I Dreamed There Was No War – 11/19

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Business As Usual
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Voting for round 5 begins now.

bdr529
11-19-2007, 10:46 PM
You just let the cat out of the bag. Unless something changes dramatically for me "Waiting In The Weeds" will be the last song standing. The lyrics are so powerful, the melodies are so dramatic. No question "Waiting In The Weeds" is the class of the field.

It will be interesting to see how we get there.

DonFan
11-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Yes it will, bdr529.

I cast my vote for Guilty of the Crime.

Maleah
11-20-2007, 12:19 AM
I cast my vote for Business As Usual

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2007, 06:46 AM
Its already getting hard! I'm already at the stage where I don't want to see anything else go. But something has to :( So I cast my vote for 'Business as Usual'

scottside
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
Busy Being Fabulous, once again.

Brooke
11-20-2007, 01:28 PM
It's going to be very hard for me now. I guess now it's time for Business As Usual to go. That's my vote!

sodascouts
11-20-2007, 03:48 PM
I cast my vote for LROOE again. I know it won't go this round, but there's always future tie-breakers to think of!

Freypower
11-20-2007, 10:31 PM
Nobody agrees with me about my least favourite track so it makes sense for me also to cast my vote for Business As Usual, which is certainly not a favourite.

Regarding Waiting In The Weeds, if I may be permitted a touch of heresy, I like the song but it is a bit too self-consciously 'arty', rather like EOTI. It isn't my favourite track on the album. Someone had to say so. It's up there, I admit.

DonFan
11-21-2007, 12:16 AM
Regarding Waiting In The Weeds, if I may be permitted a touch of heresy, I like the song but it is a bit too self-consciously 'arty', rather like EOTI. It isn't my favourite track on the album. Someone had to say so.

Well, if "someone has to say so," I know I can always count on you to do it.

EasyFeeling
11-21-2007, 05:40 AM
I cast my vote for Guilty Of The Crime.

timfan
11-21-2007, 07:44 AM
I cast my vote for Business as Usual

rcknalwys
11-21-2007, 04:18 PM
Guilty of the Crime is going to be my choice this round.

bdr529
11-21-2007, 06:04 PM
Its your world now.

11-21-2007, 08:33 PM
Oh man - this is so tough. I really like Business As Usual and hate to see it go. But, as we have said so often, something has to go. However, even though I seem to be the only one that wants this song to go, I am going to stay the course again ...

sodascouts
11-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Look at these votes - we are all over the place! But the fifth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Business As Usual. “Business As Usual,” hope you feel like walking away, because that’s what you have to do. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Business As Usual – 5
Guilty of the Crime – 3
Busy Being Fabulous – 1
Long Road Out of Eden – 1
It’s Your World Now – 1

Vote Breakdown
Business As Usual – Maleah
Business As Usual – Brooke
Business As Usual – Freypower
Business As Usual – timfan
Guilty of the Crime – DonFan
Guilty of the Crime – EasyFeeling
Guilty of the Crime – rcknalwys
Long Road Out of Eden – SodaScouts
It’s Your World Now – bdr529

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
Business As Usual – 11/21

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Voting for round 6 begins now.

scottside
11-21-2007, 09:12 PM
One more time...Busy Being Fabulous.

sodascouts
11-21-2007, 09:20 PM
You're certainly consistent scottside! lol I'm going to wait and see before I vote this time, just in case I need to do some strategic voting to save a song.

Freypower
11-21-2007, 09:30 PM
Regarding Waiting In The Weeds, if I may be permitted a touch of heresy, I like the song but it is a bit too self-consciously 'arty', rather like EOTI. It isn't my favourite track on the album. Someone had to say so.

Well, if "someone has to say so," I know I can always count on you to do it.

Sorry DF, I didn't wish to offend you. WITW is close to my favourite track on the album, but not quite. My favourite track is the title track.

Now I wil return to voting for what I DO consider the least effective track, so I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

bdr529
11-21-2007, 09:54 PM
Gets my vote. For one reason only, at this point it is, "the weakest link". I thought I would stay with the reality show thing. For the record, I hate reality TV, but this I am enjoying. I love the differences of opinion, even if you are all wrong....................LOL I cannot wait until a song gets two votes and is voted off, now that is democracy.

I must stand strong, my vote goes to It’s your world now.
[/i]

rcknalwys
11-22-2007, 05:55 PM
It's Your World Now gets my vote this round. I don't really care for the cantina flavor but I do like the sentiment of leave something good behind.

Maleah
11-22-2007, 07:55 PM
It's Your World Now gets my vote this round. I don't really care for the cantina flavor but I do like the sentiment of leave something good behind.

Same here...........LOVE the message and that particular line..........but not my particular style. Therefore -

I cast my vote for It's Your World Now

sodascouts
11-22-2007, 08:01 PM
Hey, you can't vote off It's Your World Now yet! It's got "the most important lyrics of the album" on it!

Time for some coalition voting.

SAVE IT'S YOUR WORLD NOW! VOTE I DON'T WANT TO HEAR ANY MORE!

I think my vote is obvious. ;)

p.s. Maleah - LOVE your new Don avatar!

DonFan
11-23-2007, 12:18 AM
That's okay, FP, no offense taken.

I agree with you & Soda this round-
I vote for I Don't Want To Hear Anymore.

Maleah
11-23-2007, 12:37 AM
p.s. Maleah - LOVE your new Don avatar!

Thanks! For that, I just might forgive you for trying to form a coalition against us ;)

Oh and I've loved your AV for quite some time now! :D I even thought about trying a similar look for Don...yours looks THAT COOL!

Glennsallnighter
11-23-2007, 06:26 AM
That's okay, FP, no offense taken.

I agree with you & Soda this round-
I vote for I Don't Want To Hear Anymore.

Right, I normally take each song on its own merits and just try to vote off the next least favourite. But I see that the tactics are starting already. I've loved ITWN from the start and can't bear to see it voted off so soon. If none of you ever hear from me again its because my daughter has found out that I voted off a 'Timmy' song :blush:

I vote for 'I Dont Want To Hear Any More'

timfan
11-23-2007, 08:16 AM
Save the Timmy song!! Vote IYWN!! :P

scottside
11-23-2007, 09:20 AM
Ok, I'll vote for I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, but next time around, it's back to Busy Being Fabulous!

EasyFeeling
11-23-2007, 10:00 AM
I've listened to It's Your World Now again and realized I like it lesser than GOTC which I voted off in the last round.

So I cast my vote for It's Your World Now.

Maleah
11-23-2007, 11:21 AM
Everyone who's voting off a Timmy song should feel HORRIBLE!! The man only gets TWO SONGS! LOL!!!! ;) :lol:

sodascouts
11-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok, I'll vote for I Don't Want To Hear Anymore, but next time around, it's back to Busy Being Fabulous!

Unfortunately, you can't change your vote once it's been cast. :(

sodascouts
11-23-2007, 01:40 PM
Everyone who's voting off a Timmy song should feel HORRIBLE!! The man only gets TWO SONGS! LOL!!!! ;) :lol:

Sometimes, in life, people have to make sacrifices for the greater good! It's Tim's turn! ;)

BTW - thanks for the compliment about the avatar!

11-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Okay - I hate to do this to Tim because I like the song a lot, however, I like It's Your World Now a lot better. Even though it doesn't have the most original melody, I like the Latin music. Also, I love the lyrics, even though they almost bring me to tears every time I hear the song. I think the song has a lot of significance as it probably will go down in history as the band's "swan song". It is a sad farewell, but with a positive message, and I don't think it deserves to be eliminated yet. Therefore ...

I cast my vote for I Don't Want To Hear Any More.

Glennsallnighter
11-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Well said Dreamer :wink: They are my sentiments entirely too! You just say them better than I do!

sodascouts
11-23-2007, 09:02 PM
In a round that came down to a tie-breaker where I had to go back and see which song got the most prior votes, the sixth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is I Don’t Want to Hear Any More. “I Don’t Want to Hear Any More,” I don’t need to tell you it’s over, do I? Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 5
It’s Your World Now – 5
Busy Being Fabulous – 1

Tie-breaker (counting votes of previous rounds)
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 2
It’s Your World Now – 1

Vote Breakdown
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Sodascouts
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – DonFan
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Glennsallnighter
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – Ive always been a dreamer
It’s Your World Now – bdr529
It’s Your World Now – rcknalwys
It’s Your World Now – Maleah
It’s Your World Now – timfan
It’s Your World Now – EasyFeeling

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
I Don’t Want to Hear Any More – 11/23

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Guilty of the Crime
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Voting for round 7 begins now.

timfan
11-23-2007, 09:08 PM
Ouch that one hurt :P It couldn't have been any closer!

sodascouts
11-23-2007, 09:12 PM
Ouch that one hurt :P It couldn't have been any closer!

For a moment, I was worried that we'd have a past-round tie, too! I had my trivia question at the ready ;).

Maleah
11-24-2007, 01:40 AM
Oh well.....I hated to see it go :(

Anyhoo......I cast my vote for It's Your World Now again

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2007, 04:52 AM
Well IYWN won by the tiniest of margins! I want to save it? Whats going up against it? I'm not voting yet!

EasyFeeling
11-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Too bad, I really love Timmy's song. :(

I cast my vote for It's Your World Now, again.

sodascouts
11-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Well IYWN won by the tiniest of margins! I want to save it? Whats going up against it? I'm not voting yet!

I think the best chance of saving IYWN would be to vote for Guilty of the Crime, since in the past GOTC has been vulnerable.

We'll see if I'm right and if this works to keep IYWN alive another round!

KEEP "IT'S YOUR WORLD NOW" ALIVE! VOTE "GUILTY OF THE CRIME"!

(And I officially cast my vote for that, too!)

timfan
11-24-2007, 09:19 AM
I cast my vote for Guilty of the Crime

scottside
11-24-2007, 10:52 AM
Ok, Guilty Of The Crime is it this time for me.

DonFan
11-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Me too. I vote for Guilty of the Crime.

rcknalwys
11-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Being a big Timothy fan, I really hate to see IDWTHA go.
I'm going to go with Guilty of The Crime this time.

Maleah
11-24-2007, 01:14 PM
That's right guys.......pick on poor Timmy and Joe.......who barely have enough songs to qualify as Eagles :lol:

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2007, 06:12 PM

I think the best chance of saving IYWN would be to vote for Guilty of the Crime, since in the past GOTC has been vulnerable.

We'll see if I'm right and if this works to keep IYWN alive another round!

KEEP "IT'S YOUR WORLD NOW" ALIVE! VOTE "GUILTY OF THE CRIME"!

(And I officially cast my vote for that, too!)

Works for me too!
I cast my vote for Guilty of the Crime

Freypower
11-24-2007, 06:13 PM
I understand your sentiment Maleah, but in my opinion IDWTHAM and GOTC are by far the weakest songs on the album. I cast my vote for Guilty Of The Crime and I have to say I am relieved that IDWTHAM is gone.

Regarding IYWN just cast your minds back to the glories of NKIT. I think it's a deliberate attempt to revisit that song. I really want to give Glenn credit for his songs sounding so different from what I would expect.

timfan
11-24-2007, 06:44 PM
and I have to say I am relieved that IDWTHAM is gone.

FP you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However I am most definately sad to see IDWTHAM gone. In my opinion it is a wonderful song which showcases Timothy's vocal abilities nicely. I truly hope Timothy and the Eagles perform it in concert in 08/09.

Freypower
11-24-2007, 06:49 PM
I hope they perform Do Something. :D

sodascouts
11-24-2007, 08:34 PM
I wanted to add that I like "I Don't Want to Hear Any More" as well. I think it's very melodic. I just don't feel it has the significance of "It's Your World Now" - that's why I voted for it, not because I thought it was a bad song. JMHO of course.

EasyFeeling
11-25-2007, 08:07 AM
and I have to say I am relieved that IDWTHAM is gone.

FP you are certainly entitled to your opinion. However I am most definately sad to see IDWTHAM gone. In my opinion it is a wonderful song which showcases Timothy's vocal abilities nicely. I truly hope Timothy and the Eagles perform it in concert in 08/09.

I TOTALLY agree with you on this, TF. When I heard it the first time I immediately fell in love with this song. IYWN sounds really boring compared with this wonderful ballad. Guess I'm in the minority here with my opinion. :wink:

Brooke
11-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh darn, I missed a round! And no one has voted on this round yet and it ends at 6 pm tonight? Am I confused here?

I cast my vote for It's Your World Now. I don't care for the Spanish sound in it. (I do, however, like the message.)

sodascouts
11-25-2007, 06:58 PM
Oh darn, I missed a round! And no one has voted on this round yet and it ends at 6 pm tonight? Am I confused here?
I think you might have missed pg. 8!

Brooke
11-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Yes I did! :roll:

11-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Well - I can't believe that No More Walks in the Wood is still around. Apparently I am not seeing something in this song that everyone else is. IDWTHA, GOTC, and IYWN are all much better songs IMO. As I said, it has great lyrics and harmonies, but I don't see much at all to the melody. However, I am going to keep trying ...

sodascouts
11-25-2007, 09:01 PM
It wasn’t so close this time! The seventh song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Guilty of the Crime. “Guilty of the Crime,” you’re been officially convicted. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Guilty of the Crime – 7
It’s Your World Now – 3

Vote Breakdown
Guilty of the Crime – sodascouts
Guilty of the Crime – timfan
Guilty of the Crime – scottside
Guilty of the Crime – DonFan
Guilty of the Crime – rcknalwys
Guilty of the Crime – Glennsallnighter
Guilty of the Crime – Freypower
It’s Your World Now – EasyFeeling
It’s Your World Now – Brooke

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
Guilty of the Crime – 11/25

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Center of the Universe
It’s Your World Now

Voting for round 8 begins now.

Freypower
11-25-2007, 09:06 PM
OK... well.... I suspect It's Your World Now might go this time, but I don't want it to. I'm starting to find this difficult now but here goes.

I cast my vote for Last Good Time In Town.

sodascouts
11-25-2007, 09:11 PM
Well it's been saved so far, and by a lot this past round! I'm not ready to let go of both Joe songs, though.

So, at the risk of splitting the vote, I'm going to go for No More Walks in the Wood. Folks who want to save It's Your World Now once again can choose which one they want to build the "Save It's Your Wold Now" coalition around.

"No More Walks in the Wood" has gorgeous harmonies and lovely lyrics, but its melody isn't that strong, IMHO - at least not as strong as the rest of the remaining songs.

scottside
11-25-2007, 10:06 PM
Busy Being Fabulous.

Maleah
11-25-2007, 11:10 PM
TF...I was sad to see IDWTHAM go as well.....I don't see where it was a bad song at ALL. Same with Guilty of the Crime. I LOVE that song! It's honestly the one I've listened to the most out of the entire cd. And unfortunately, no matter how much I listen to IYWN...I don't care for it. Yes I understand the sentiment...yes it's sad to think of the guys saying goodbye.......but it's just not that great of a song, imo. Sadly, it won't help to listen to NKIT because that's never been one of my particular fav.'s either. lol Sorry!

At the risk of sounding repetitive...............

DonFan
11-25-2007, 11:33 PM
I like It's Your World Now much better than You Are Not Alone. I appreciate the sentiment behind each song, but personally, I feel that IYWN is superior to YANA.

I cast my vote for You are Not Alone.

Freypower
11-25-2007, 11:41 PM
TF...I was sad to see IDWTHAM go as well.....I don't see where it was a bad song at ALL. Same with Guilty of the Crime. I LOVE that song! It's honestly the one I've listened to the most out of the entire cd. And unfortunately, no matter how much I listen to IYWN...I don't care for it. Yes I understand the sentiment...yes it's sad to think of the guys saying goodbye.......but it's just not that great of a song, imo. Sadly, it won't help to listen to NKIT because that's never been one of my particular fav.'s either. lol Sorry!

At the risk of sounding repetitive...............

Don't be sorry, Maleah. We are all entitled to decide which tracks we like and which we're not so sure about. I will certainly not suddenly decide that I dislike ILTWAWD just because of the rather negative reaction to that song, although I do wonder why I'm in such a minority about it. I find IDWTHAM bland, and that view is also not shared by many others.

Maleah
11-25-2007, 11:50 PM
Thanks for understanding FP :)

As for ILTWAWD.......it's not a bad song.....and Glenn certainly does a lovely job of singing it! It's just not a style that is widely popular I think. But he does sound great!

timfan
11-26-2007, 07:44 AM

Brooke
11-26-2007, 11:29 AM
I will stay the course.

I cast my vote for It's Your World Now.

rcknalwys
11-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Gotta go with IYWN, just still don't like the cantina sound.

sodascouts
11-26-2007, 03:15 PM
Ah, this is what happens when you can't agree on a target song for a coalition!

Glennsallnighter
11-26-2007, 08:48 PM
I could not vote for IYWN. Not at this stage anyway! I can form a mental image as I hear Glenn :heart: sing it, and its just too poignant. I'm certainly not going for YANA, again a beautiful song of Glenn :heart: s although I appreciate it might not stand up as well as some of his others. So In order to form any kind of coalition against IYWN being voted off we are left with

Busy Being Fabulous
No More Walks in the Woods
Last Good time in Town.

I'll concur with Soda : Keep Joe's remaining song in for the moment.

I've done a survey to see which of the other 2 songs would carry more 'weight in the event of a tie, and believe it or not!! They're both the same. If it ever got out that I voted off BBF my kids would send me on a one way ticket somewhere (Cape Town perhaps MF? :wink: ).
So I'll cast my vote for 'No More Walks in The Woods' and anyone who wants to save Glenn :heart: 's gorgeous IYWN I would suggest to you to do the same.

But of course its entirely up to yourselves!!

sodascouts
11-26-2007, 08:54 PM
so just to spell it out in the hopes that it's not too late....

If you want to save "It's Your World Now," vote "No More Walks in the Wood!"

Thanks for the research, GA.

Glennsallnighter
11-27-2007, 05:19 AM
You're welcome Soda! My pleasure :wink:

Mrs Frey
11-27-2007, 06:58 AM
Right. Time for me to start voting. Two of my favourite songs on the album have already been eliminated (ILTWAWD :weep: and "Fast Company" :( ), but I think I'm going to take Soda and GA's advice here and vote for "No More Walks in the Wood", in order to save "It's Your World Now" (oh, my goodness, I LOVE that song... :sigh:).

Just for the record, I love "No More Walks in the Wood" (the harmonies are just heavenly) - it's not my least favourite of the remaining songs. It's merely a strategic vote.

Maleah
11-27-2007, 02:39 PM
I love your AV Mrs. F :D and I love Fast Company too!

11-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Although it probably won't do any good, I am going to try again ...

sodascouts
11-27-2007, 09:15 PM
OK, after some hurried last-minute tie-breaker past-round tabulation... The eighth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is It’s Your World Now. “It’s Your World Now,” time to move on, like the setting sun. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
It’s Your World Now – 4
No More Walks in the Wood – 4
Last Good Time in Town – 1
Busy Being Fabulous – 1
You Are Not Alone – 1

Vote Breakdown
It’s Your World Now – timfan
It’s Your World Now – Brooke
It’s Your World Now – rcknalwys
No More Walks in the Wood – SodaScouts
No More Walks in the Wood – Glennsallnighter
No More Walks in the Wood – Mrs. Frey
Last Good Time in Town – Freypower
You Are Not Alone – DonFan

Tiebreaker Tally of Past Rounds
It’s Your World Now – 9
No More Walks in the Wood – 5

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
It’s Your World Now – 11/27

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Center of the Universe

Voting for round 9 begins now.

Freypower
11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
I always seem to cast my vote first. Again it will be for Last Good Time In Town.

scottside
11-28-2007, 12:11 AM
Busy Being Fabulous.

DonFan
11-28-2007, 12:24 AM
I vote for You Are Not Alone.

Maleah
11-28-2007, 12:38 AM
I cast my vote for You Are Not Alone

sodascouts
11-28-2007, 01:22 AM
You Are Not Alone?! No!! :: GASP ::

OK, folks for REAL!

Save You Are Not Alone! Vote No More Walks in the Wood!

Mrs Frey
11-28-2007, 07:53 AM
I'm sorry, Soda, I'm not going with a strategic vote this time, as it didn't save my favourite song on the album, i.e. "It's Your World Now". I'm absolutely devastated that it's been voted off... :weep: :weep: :weep:

I cast my vote for "Last Good Time In Town". Sorry, Joe, but I prefer "Guilty Of The Crime" of your songs.

And "You Are Not Alone" is gorgeous!

Maleah, I'm glad you like my AV so much! I think yours is very cool, too! 8)

Glennsallnighter
11-28-2007, 08:15 AM
You Are Not Alone?! No!! :: GASP ::

OK, folks for REAL!

Save You Are Not Alone! Vote No More Walks in the Wood!

Soda! You are not alone!

I too cast my vote for 'No More walks in the Woods''. I do like it but I prefer YANA. Its not fair whats being done to Glenn :heart:

Maleah
11-28-2007, 09:35 AM
Oh geez guys lol Nothing is being done to Glenn that isn't done to all the guys during these games!

sodascouts
11-28-2007, 01:47 PM
Oh geez guys lol Nothing is being done to Glenn that isn't done to all the guys during these games!

lol, it's all in good fun. :)

timfan
11-28-2007, 05:44 PM
I cast my vote for No More Walks in the Wood. I love the song but we must save YANA, It is just soo special. :) Knowing that Glenn wrote YANA for his daughter while she was struggling with teenage angst makes it all the more poignant.

DonFan
11-28-2007, 06:00 PM
I cast my vote for No More Walks in the Wood. I love the song but we must save YANA, It is just soo special. :) Knowing that Glenn wrote YANA for his daughter while she was struggling with teenage angst makes it all the more poignant.

YANA is special, but no more special than It's Your World Now, which seemed to be voted off so easily. Glenn and Don have both said was written not only for their children but also for their fans. "Be part of something good--leave something good behind" is the crux of the entire album! I'm with Mrs. F here--I can't believe it is gone already.

Maleah
11-28-2007, 07:40 PM

lol, it's all in good fun. :)

I know ;) I just wanted to specify that nobody is out to get Glenn's songs lol

I feel like I should point out that I'm voting to keep the songs that I like to listen to the most. Lyrically, I LOVE YANA and IYWN...........but style and melody play a big part of what i listen to :(

Freypower
11-28-2007, 08:27 PM
Though I've voted this round, I was close to voting for YANA. While the sentiments are heartfelt the song is far too short to make sufficient impact.

sodascouts
11-28-2007, 09:52 PM
YANA is special, but no more special than It's Your World Now, which seemed to be voted off so easily. Glenn and Don have both said was written not only for their children but also for their fans. "Be part of something good--leave something good behind" is the crux of the entire album! I'm with Mrs. F here--I can't believe it is gone already.

I'm with you about IYWN - but I have to say - IYWN didn't go down easily. It took 'em three rounds to take it down, and even then it was a tie vote that had to go to a past-round-tie-breaker.

Regarding YANA - yes it's short, but I find it very affecting - much more so than the album's longest piece, LROOE. I think its length is more than sufficient to get across the heartfelt emotion of the song. JMHO.

And Maleah - don't apologize for your vote. It's all good!

bdr529
11-29-2007, 12:07 AM
As we break this down it gets more and more difficult. Everything remaining, well it is just a step below the final three in my opinion. This round I have to say Somebody.

bdr529
11-29-2007, 12:21 AM
I agree with Maleah and I think everyone does. This is all in fun. No one is targeting anyone’s songs. But.....
If you want to start that argument ask yourself two questions. Who is the voice of the voices? Who had the better solo career? None of that is the point. This is the Eagle's and if anyone thinks they would be as successful without each other then think again. Because what each individual has accomplished alone has never measured up to what they can do together.

glenneaglesfan
11-29-2007, 07:33 AM
I haven't been able to take part in this for various reasons, but now I have the album in my car and have had a chance to listen to all the tracks. Several of them are already ingrained in my heart as truly great music. It's very hard to eliminate any of these songs, but I suppose I will go for No More Walks In The Woods, as it's a bit downbeat for me.

I cast my vote for No More Walks In The Woods

Brooke
11-29-2007, 11:01 AM
It's getting harder each time for me. This time I have to vote for YANA. I love it. It's beautiful. It's sweet. But, it's soooooo Glenn solo sounding. As this is an Eagles album, I have to choose songs that sound solo before I choose songs that sound Eagley. NMWITW is done beautifully by The Eagles.

Therefore, I cast my vote this time for You Are Not Alone.

11-29-2007, 08:59 PM
This is the Eagle's and if anyone thinks they would be as successful without each other then think again. Because what each individual has accomplished alone has never measured up to what they can do together.

Absolutely - the sum is most definitely greater than the parts! :D

Now - for the voting. I guess it is no secret that I will be glad to see NMWITW go. IMHO, there are several songs that have been eliminated that are better. It looks like I do not need to vote for it though, so I will cast a strategic vote...

scottside
11-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Busy Being Fabulous.....again!

sodascouts
11-29-2007, 09:19 PM
The ninth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is No More Walks in the Wood . “No More Walks in the Wood,” now you are gone for good. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
No More Walks in the Wood – 4
You Are Not Alone – 3
Last Good Time in Town – 2
Busy Being Fabulous – 2
Somebody – 1

Vote Breakdown
No More Walks in the Wood – SodaScouts
No More Walks in the Wood – Glennsallnighter
No More Walks in the Wood – timfan
No More Walks in the Wood – glenneaglesfan
You Are Not Alone – Maleah
You Are Not Alone – Brooke
Last Good Time in Town – Mrs. Frey
Somebody – bdr529

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
No More Walks in the Wood – 11/29

Songs remaining:
How Long
Busy Being Fabulous
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Center of the Universe

Voting for round 10 begins now.

scottside
11-29-2007, 09:33 PM
Busy Being Fabulous!

Freypower
11-29-2007, 09:45 PM
I think this time, reluctantly, I cast my vote for You Are Not Alone.

DonFan
11-29-2007, 10:12 PM
One more time, I vote for You Are Not Alone.

timfan
11-29-2007, 10:13 PM
I cast my vote for Busy Being Fabulous

Maleah
11-30-2007, 01:50 AM
you are not alone

sodascouts
11-30-2007, 01:55 AM
Reluctantly, in order to try to save You Are Not Alone...

P.S. These are both so much better than Last Good Time in Town!

Glennsallnighter
11-30-2007, 05:53 AM
Reluctantly, in order to try to save You Are Not Alone...

P.S. These are both so much better than Last Good Time in Town!

I agree with that Soda, but if we want to save YANA it looks like that only option is BBF!

Therefore rather reluctantly
I cast my vote for Busy Being Fabulous (as I listen to PEF which has just come on my radio :D )

Mrs Frey
11-30-2007, 06:25 AM
Well, if this is what it's going to take to save "You Are Not Alone", I too will vote reluctantly for "Busy Being Fabulous".

I do agree with Soda that these songs are much better than "Last Good Time In Town", hence my voting for it in the previous round.

sodascouts
11-30-2007, 07:17 AM
If you want to start that argument ask yourself two questions. Who is the voice of the voices? Who had the better solo career? None of that is the point. This is the Eagle's and if anyone thinks they would be as successful without each other then think again. Because what each individual has accomplished alone has never measured up to what they can do together.

When I ask myself the two questions you suggest, I think I come up with different answers than you do. However, like you said, that's not the point, so I won't quibble. Instead, I'll agree that in the case of the Eagles, there is a sound there that none can achieve on their own.

Brooke
11-30-2007, 11:06 AM
Again, I cast my vote for You Are Not Alone.

glenneaglesfan
12-01-2007, 06:09 AM
It's getting very difficult now, so many great songs. However, I'm going to take head over heart and cast my vote for You Are Not Alone. It's a lovely song and breaks my heart to think why Glenn wrote it, but it's short, and when he hums those last few lines it's almost as if he could have written another verse.

12-01-2007, 02:48 PM
Man - I hate it when this happens. I am not going to be around tonight when the voting ends so I have to cast my vote earlier than I wanted. I would rather see BBF eliminated this round instead of YANA. I like both songs, but BBF is a little too country for me. It may be eliminated without my vote, but I can't take that chance, therefore ...

sodascouts
12-01-2007, 09:38 PM
In a highly unusual round, only TWO songs received votes. It was very close, but the tenth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Busy Being Fabulous. “Busy Being Fabulous,” looks like you won’t get to drink the wine from the winner’s cup. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Busy Being Fabulous – 6
You Are Not Alone – 5

Vote Breakdown
Busy Being Fabulous – timfan
Busy Being Fabulous – SodaScouts
Busy Being Fabulous – Glennsallnighter
Busy Being Fabulous – Mrs. Frey
You Are Not Alone – Freypower
You Are Not Alone – glenneaglesfan

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
Busy Being Fabulous – 12/1

Songs remaining:
How Long
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
You Are Not Alone
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Center of the Universe

Voting for round 11 begins now.

scottside
12-01-2007, 10:37 PM
It was toss up between YABA and NMCD for me. After some deliberation, I'm going with You Are Not Alone, mostly because it sounds unfinished to me.

sodascouts
12-01-2007, 11:01 PM
As I said before, I think Last Good Time in Town is inferior to You Are Not Alone.

I cast my vote for Last Good Time in Town.

Maleah
12-02-2007, 12:31 AM
You are not alone

12-02-2007, 01:36 AM
Well - I think this is totally cool, so I'm going to share it with everyone. After the 3rd round of this game, I wrote down what I thought would be the top ten songs in the game, and I nailed it! I got it exactly right (although, there were some mighty close calls). I have a top five list, too. Guess I'll have to see if I can work the magic again. :D

EasyFeeling
12-02-2007, 09:19 AM
Holy crap, I missed the 3 last rounds here. :shock:

Oh please, don't vote off LGTIT :shock: it's one of my favourites.

I hate to do this but I cast my vote for You Are Not Alone.

timfan
12-02-2007, 09:54 AM
I cast my vote for Last Good Time in Town

EasyFeeling
12-02-2007, 11:00 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/traurig/g035.gif

rcknalwys
12-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Once again, YANA

bdr529
12-02-2007, 02:47 PM
I hope it was just overlooked but last round I voted for Somebody also.

This round Somebody once again gets my vote.

Glennsallnighter
12-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Well as I certainly don't want YANA to be eliminated, I'll cast my vote for 'Last Good Time in Town'

glenneaglesfan
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Oh no, not Last Good Time In Town yet. It's a classic, with cool Steely Dan like beat and great lyrics. Go Joe - I love this song!

sodascouts
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I hope it was just overlooked but last round I voted for Somebody also..

Actually you forgot to vote last round - but I did get your vote for Somebody the rounds before.

Freypower
12-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Last Good Time In Town is a pleasant enough song but I draw the line at calling it a 'classic'. I cast my vote for Last Good Time In Town.

Mrs Frey
12-03-2007, 10:41 AM
This is a no-brainer for me. I cast my vote for "Last Good Time In Town". The remaining songs are just too strong, and it's going to be tough from here on in. Sorry, Joe :(.

EasyFeeling
12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Noooooooooooooo, don't do that! :shock: :shock: I'm really shocked to see this great song is going down. http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/boese/a020.gif

Brooke
12-03-2007, 03:19 PM
I can't believe you guys have voted off the next single, BBF, so early in the game! :? Does that mean it will NOT be a hit? :weep:

Again, I vote for You Are Not Alone.

sodascouts
12-03-2007, 04:03 PM
I can't believe you guys have voted off the next single, BBF, so early in the game! :? Does that mean it will NOT be a hit? :weep:

Nah, it just had to go to save You Are Not Alone. I personally find Busy Being Fabulous very catchy and think the general public will like it. I know my casual-fan friends got it stuck in their heads pretty easily.

Reminder: a couple of people have posted but not specifically placed a vote. Don't forget to state the song you want to vote for.

12-03-2007, 05:38 PM
I agree that I am not ready to see Joe's song be eliminated yet (although, I think I actually like GOTC better than LGTIT). I would have reluctantly voted for You Are Not Alone in this round if necessary, but it looks as if it will be eliminated without my vote. Therefore, I will cast another strategic vote...

I cast my vote for Center of the Universe.

sodascouts
12-03-2007, 09:12 PM
The eleventh song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is You Are Not Alone. “You Are Not Alone,” you are not the winner. Please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
You Are Not Alone – 5
Last Good Time in Town – 5
Somebody – 1
Center of the Universe – 1

Tiebreaker: You Are Not Alone has received more past votes (5 to 3).

Vote Breakdown
You Are Not Alone – scottside
You Are Not Alone – EasyFeeling
You Are Not Alone – rcknalwys
Last Good Time in Town – SodaScouts
Last Good Time in Town – timfan
Last Good Time in Town – Glennsallnighter
Somebody – bdr529
Center of the Universe – Ive always been a dreamer

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
You Are Not Alone – 12/3

Songs remaining:
How Long
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town
Center of the Universe

Voting for round 12 begins now.

scottside
12-03-2007, 09:38 PM
Ok, this time it's Last Good Time In Town. I would really like to choose NMCD, but I'm sure I'd be the only one to vote that one out this early...

timfan
12-03-2007, 09:46 PM
I cast my vote for Last Good Time in Town

sodascouts
12-03-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm going back to my original vote now that YANA is gone.

DonFan
12-03-2007, 11:59 PM
I would love to see Last Good Time in Town stick around a little while longer, although I am afraid it is going down this time. <sigh> It is a perfect Joe tune, one of my favorite, upbeat, catchy songs on the album.

This is getting harder and harder! All the remaining songs are really, really good.

Mrs Frey
12-04-2007, 02:10 AM
:weep: :weep: :weep: Another of my favourites has gone down! :weep: :weep: :weep:

I stick with my original vote: "Last Good Time In Town".

It's not that I don't like the song - it's nice. I just don't think it's as strong as the other remaining songs.

EasyFeeling
12-04-2007, 09:08 AM
I cast my vote for Center Of The Universe.

Maleah
12-04-2007, 09:37 AM
I cast my vote for Center of the Universe

Brooke
12-04-2007, 11:16 AM
I cast my vote for Last Good Time in Town.

rcknalwys
12-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Ah, harder and harder. Going with Center of the Universe.

12-04-2007, 01:34 PM
I am withholding my vote for now, but I am urging everyone to form a coalition and save Joe's song a little longer by voting for Center of the Universe! :pray:

Freypower
12-04-2007, 06:35 PM
I cast my vote for Last Good Time In Town.

Glennsallnighter
12-05-2007, 06:53 AM
I would like to save Joe's only other remaining song, so I too cast my vote for 'Center of the Universe'

Brooke
12-05-2007, 10:32 AM
Hmmmm. How can you guys vote off this Henley/Frey collaboration before this Walsh/Souther collaboration? :?

I love COTU! Of course, that's just me!

Please everyone, save COTU! A little longer! It's beautiful! :pray:

bdr529
12-05-2007, 05:34 PM
Not only do I just enjoy the remaining material more, which should be the only real standard. I am more inclined to keep songs collaborated by members of the band over others. No matter how long or how many times other writers have been around.

So once again I must vote for "Somebody"

12-05-2007, 08:59 PM
Well - it is time for me to vote. Although I like Center of the Universe, I'm not extremely fond of the verses. The harmony parts where Glenn chimes in and the chorus are gorgeous, and I'm not just saying that because I love Glenn so much. If the verses were as beautiful and melodic as the chorus in the song, it would be absolutely stunning. Also, I want to keep Joe's song around for at least another round or two, so ...

12-05-2007, 09:51 PM
The twelfth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Center of the Universe. “Center of the Universe”, I know this is not where you want to be, but please leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Center of the Universe – 6
Last Good Time in Town – 5
Somebody – 1

Vote Breakdown
Center of the Universe - DonFan
Center of the Universe - Easyfeeling
Center of the Universe - Maleah
Center of the Universe – rcknalwys
Center of the Universe – Glennsallnighter
Center of the Universe – Ive always been a dreamer
Last Good Time in Town - scottside
Last Good Time in Town - timfan
Last Good Time in Town – Brooke
Long Road Out of Eden - SodaScouts
Somebody – bdr529

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
You Are Not Alone – 12/3
Center of the Universe – 12/5

Songs remaining:
How Long
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody
Last Good Time in Town

Voting for Round 13 begins now.

sodascouts
12-05-2007, 10:33 PM
This game is so wild! I'd never expect things to go down like they have. Songs that hardly receive a vote in prior rounds in the next round suddenly go down in flames, while others I thought would check out early tenaciously hang on. I love the unpredictability!

Since this has been a game of close calls and ties, I'll continue to think ahead for those tiebreakers.

I hope I don't regret not waiting to do the strategic voting!

Freypower
12-05-2007, 10:46 PM
I have hardly said a word about Centre (I prefer to use the spelling I was brought up with) of the Universe. It's a pretty song but it doesn't seem finished. Don's voice sounds double tracked at the start of it. Some overblown comparisons which have been made with the Beatles go too far, in my opinion.

The persistence of Last Good Time In Town here is a huge surprise. I admit it is a departure for the Eagles in that it sounds so relaxed and positive (something I would also say about COTU).

And to bdr, there are songs by outside writers on this album, yes, but they almost count as Eagles songs because of who those writers are (Tempchin and Souther). Saying they are inferior songs simply because of that doesn't really work. I know you've been voting for Somebody. If you think the song is inferior, OK, but don't vote for it just because of the songwriting credit.

Anyway.... I cast my vote for Last Good Time in Town.

sodascouts
12-05-2007, 10:50 PM
Hell, people can vote for songs because they don't like the letter they start with if they want to! Who's to say one reason is more legitimate than another? I voted earlier to save It's Your World Now more for the concept than for the quality of the song, as its tune doesn't sound too original to me. I don't think that was wrong. It's all subjective.

Freypower
12-05-2007, 11:15 PM
It's legitimate, yes, but just saying a song should be voted off because a member of the band didn't write it doesn't seem quite right to me.

bdr529
12-06-2007, 12:12 AM
I did first state that Somebody was my choice because of all the remaining material I felt it was most deserving of my vote.

Let me ask this. Is choosing a song to be voted off because of who wrote it worse then saying I want to keep a song because it is the only one remaining by a certain artist? I believe not, this should be solely based one your opinion of the song.

Now please do not get me wrong. I have been an Eagles fan for more then 30 years now. I enjoy each member of the band on his own ability and recognize the fact that what each individual has accomplished on his own absolutely does not compare what they have been able to accomplish together.

This brings me to my point. We are at a point right now where the voting is very close and it becomes more and more difficult to choose a song each round. I feel of the remaining tracks there are five that stand above the others. So if there are three remaining I do not feel are part of that group and I have to find a way to choose which one to eliminate. The song I choose was the one I felt deserved it. I am not campaigning to eliminate songs. It is in my opinion the song most deserving to be voted off at this time. It is not the reason why I choose it.

bdr529
12-06-2007, 12:28 AM
Once again my vote goes to "Somebody"

I was not clear last time why, my bad. Its not necessarily who wrote the song but the lyrics and music themselves. It doesn't have the feel of their great works. The lyrics are simple for lack of a better term. Not that it is bad but there are better. It certainly was not the first song I would vote for, but its time has come.

For the record I happen to enjoy the Paul Carrack written "I Don't Want to Hear Anymore" Simply I think it’s a better song.

I would not have voted off "No More Walks in the Wood" so early either.

glenneaglesfan
12-06-2007, 05:15 AM
As I've said before, I haven't been able to participate in this game as much as I would have wished. I too have been surprised at the order in which the songs have gone down, although the remaining ones are among my favourites. I would have thought BBF would have lasted longer, and I am very surprised at COTU going at this stage - I would have put it in the top five. Do you know, if we repeat this after a year or so, I wonder if the voting will be similar? I have found already that songs that initially didn't make much impact are growing on me - IDWTHAM being a case in point. (I'm one who loves LWKUA too!)

Personally, I would love to see Somebody last to the final stages. I think it has a great Eagles sound and is one of the few real rockers on this album.

Anyway, let's not get too serious - this is just a game, and half the fun is tactical voting and defending one's favourite! :wink: :D

Reluctantly now, as I've championed it up until now,

I cast my vote for Last Good Time In Town

Mrs Frey
12-06-2007, 06:48 AM
I'm sorry to see "Centre Of The Universe" go. I love the song - it's poignant and beautiful and the harmonies blow me away.

I cast my vote once again for "Last Good Time In Town".

Mrs Frey
12-06-2007, 06:56 AM
I have hardly said a word about Centre (I prefer to use the spelling I was brought up with) of the Universe. It's a pretty song but it doesn't seem finished. Don's voice sounds double tracked at the start of it. Some overblown comparisons which have been made with the Beatles go too far, in my opinion.

I'm actually happy to find out that there other people who think this song sounds Beatlesque. There are in fact two songs on LROOE that remind me of The Beatles - the other is "No More Walks In The Wood". I have a feeling you won't agree with me, FP, but it's the harmonies that hark back to The Beatles. The Beatles song that comes to mind every time I hear those songs is "Because" from "Abbey Road".

timfan
12-06-2007, 08:56 AM
I cast my vote for Last Good Time In Town

scottside
12-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Last Good Time In Town is my choice this round.

12-06-2007, 11:18 AM
I agree that this has been an interesting game. The way it has gone down is probably not the way any of us really expected, but that is the fun of it. It really will be interesting to see how much things change when we play it again later. I'm guessing that Last Good Time in Town will go this round with or without my vote. So, I am going to focus on the future.

I cast my vote for Do Something.

Ouch! It's beginning to really hurt now. :D :D

rcknalwys
12-06-2007, 11:25 AM
Yep, it's getting tougher every day to vote one off. I'm going with No More Cloudy Days, although it looks like Last Good Time in Town is probably going this round.

Glennsallnighter
12-06-2007, 01:21 PM
It really is getting difficult now because the songs that are left are such good quality and each has something special about it thich means you don't want to eliminate it. With that in mind however I'll cast my vote for Last Good time in Town.

Brooke
12-06-2007, 02:16 PM

I'm actually happy to find out that there other people who think this song sounds Beatlesque. There are in fact two songs on LROOE that remind me of The Beatles - the other is "No More Walks In The Wood". I have a feeling you won't agree with me, FP, but it's the harmonies that hark back to The Beatles. The Beatles song that comes to mind every time I hear those songs is "Because" from "Abbey Road".

I find COTU very Beatlesque. If I recall correctly, Don even said it himself in one of the Capital Gold interviews. I even thought it sounded a bit CSN & Yish, but Beatles is closer. I'm sad to see it go so early. I had it as one of my top 5. :(

My vote this time is requiring lots of thought. :hmm:

Freypower
12-06-2007, 05:48 PM

I know Because comes to mind. There is a similarity. I just don't think COTU is quite in the same league. And NMWITW is more like CSNY. The Beatles didn't really, apart from Because, do that type of singing.

For what it's worth to me COTU is more like the Bee Gees, another great harmony group.

EasyFeeling
12-07-2007, 03:50 AM
Wow, this is getting harder and harder...

Before I miss a round again I better vote now. Can't read here much because I'm at work. :roll:

Brooke
12-07-2007, 04:13 PM
Ok, it looks as if LGTIT will fall without my help, so trying a little strategy.

I cast my vote for What Do I Do With My Heart.

::ducking and running::

I really like it, but I think Glenn should have kept it for his elusive new album. It's just not Eagley enough. :shrug:

sodascouts
12-07-2007, 07:13 PM
Ok, it looks as if LGTIT will fall without my help, so trying a little strategy.

I cast my vote for What Do I Do With My Heart.

::ducking and running::

I really like it, but I think Glenn should have kept it for his elusive new album. It's just not Eagley enough. :shrug:

GASP!

:saberfight:

It is ON, girl!!!

;)

sodascouts
12-07-2007, 09:00 PM
The thirteenth song to be eliminated from Long Road Out of Eden Survivor is Last Good Time in Town. “Last Good Time in Town,” let’s look at your elimination as going on vacation – I like the way that sounds. However, you still have to leave immediately. The remaining songs may return to camp.

Votes
Last Good Time in Town – 6
Do Something – 2
Somebody – 1
No More Cloudy Days – 1
What Do I Do With My Heart – 1

Vote Breakdown
Last Good Time in Town – glenneaglesfan
Last Good Time in Town – timfan
Last Good Time in Town – scottside
Last Good Time in Town – Glennsallnighter
Do Something – Ive always been a dreamer
Do Something – EasyFeeling
Long Road Out of Eden – SodaScouts
Somebody – bdr529
No More Cloudy Days – rcknalwys
What Do I Do With My Heart – Brooke

Songs eliminated:
Fast Company 11/15
You Are Not Alone – 12/3
Center of the Universe – 12/5
Last Good Time in Town – 12/7

Songs remaining:
How Long
Waiting in the Weeds
No More Cloudy Days
Do Something
Long Road Out of Eden
Somebody

Voting for round 14 begins now.

Freypower
12-07-2007, 11:03 PM

DonFan
12-07-2007, 11:16 PM
I also cast my vote for Do Something.

sodascouts
12-07-2007, 11:17 PM
OK, I'm gonna stick with my usual vote. Come on guys, which one of these would you not want to listen to in the car?

Freypower
12-07-2007, 11:28 PM
The answer is I listen to all of these songs in the car.

We must beg to differ on the title track, Soda. It is easily my favourite track on this album.

bdr529
12-08-2007, 02:16 AM
My vote is for "Somebody"

bdr529
12-08-2007, 02:28 AM
To this point I have always voted for the song I felt was my least favorite of those remaining. But at what point do I stop voting for the song I feel should be eliminated and start thinking about voting against songs I feel may be competition for what I feel is the best song overall? Do I vote my conscience or do I play the game and think strategy? :roll:

Hmmmmmmmmm, we will see in the coming rounds. For now, you all no my vote. :D

bdr529
12-08-2007, 02:30 AM
I meant know :oops:

scottside
12-08-2007, 10:16 AM
I vote for No More Cloudy Days. This should've gone long ago.

EasyFeeling
12-08-2007, 10:17 AM
My second favourite is gone... :weep:

rcknalwys
12-08-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm going with No More Cloudy Days this round.

Brooke
12-08-2007, 02:55 PM
Ok, the guns are coming out! :wink:

Once again, I vote for What Do I Do With My Heart.

:armed:

Glennsallnighter
12-08-2007, 04:07 PM
What do I do with my heart if "What Do I Do With My Heart" goes? Its getting harder each round. I suppose applying the 'what would you least like to listen to in the car......'

I cast my vote for 'Do Something'. I think its ready for the rocking chair!

timfan
12-08-2007, 04:16 PM
SAVE DO SOMETHING!!!

Save Tim's only remaining song VOTE No More Cloudy Days

I cast my vote for No more cloudy Days

Glennsallnighter
12-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Sorry TF! Nothing personal! Its just I couldn't vote off a song as 'Glenn' as NMCD!

Maleah
12-08-2007, 10:41 PM
I cast my vote for No More Cloudy Days

glenneaglesfan
12-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Oh no, not NMCD, not yet.

It's desperately hard now, and I have had to resort to doing the Sunday shopping today in order to listen to LROOE in the car.

Surely WDIDWMH doesn't deserve to go yet. It's sublime.

I cast my vote for Long Road Out Of Eden.

12-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Oh my - decisions, decisions! With reluctance ...