PDA

View Full Version : Randy's wife Lana has died

Pages : 1 [2]

NightMistBlue
04-04-2016, 01:47 PM
She was a cocktail waitress at a nightclub called Sash. She and Randy got together in 1984, married in '96. Second marriage for both. She doesn't have any children.

Her mom has some kind of home furnishings business (if I understand correctly - I think it's bedsheets and things like that?) that Lana helped with sometimes.

Jeff Beucler, her brother, mentioned she was buried this past Saturday.

lovejunker
04-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Thanks! That is the most I have heard of her story. It just seems that I see the same 2 or 3 pictures of them together and I wondered. Seems that after three decades together there would be a few more floating around.

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 03:46 PM
She was a cocktail waitress at a nightclub called Sash. She and Randy got together in 1984, married in '96. Second marriage for both. She doesn't have any children.

Her mom has some kind of home furnishings business (if I understand correctly - I think it's bedsheets and things like that?) that Lana helped with sometimes.

Can i ask you where you saw him posting or is it
Private forums ?
Also you wouldnt have a link to the evaluation
That disagrees that Randy is impaired would you ?
Thankd in Advance , although it is heartbreaking
And gives me a headache , I like to read and keep up
With what is going in in this situation . As i said
Id hate to be the judge in this case ... Ive flopped
Back and forth on my opinions many times .
Im also a bit if a crime sleuth /court junkie and as such
Like to ponder all of the angles ... And this one
Has many !

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 03:49 PM
Thanks! That is the most I have heard of her story. It just seems that I see the same 2 or 3 pictures of them together and I wondered. Seems that after three decades together there would be a few more floating around.

Agreed .. And i think thats another thing that
Makes people curious about her .
Somehow when we learn more about people it tends to
Humanize them more .

Im wondering does anyone know why Heather
Required chemo ?
And is she recovered ?
Or do we not know anything regarding that ?

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 03:51 PM
I'll PM you.

Thanks !
Im always intersted in both sides of the story .

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 03:57 PM
:fainting:

So now , as in all loss of a loved one, reality sets in .
Seems after a burial is when people eventually start
To go back to their own lives and the bereaved are forced
To deal with the reality of their loss and try to carry on without
Their presence .
My heart hurts for Randy and all who loved her .
RIP Lana

Brooke
04-04-2016, 03:59 PM
I honestly don't know who to believe and I think, in Randy's condition, that he doesn't really know either.

I think it's very sad what has happened to him and his children. I don't know what happened to cause their estrangement, but something did. I don't trust any of the ones that 'have his best interests at heart'. I hope Randy can trust these that he has requested. It's really hard to say unless you know all parties involved. It seems to me there is a big money-grab going on. Everyone is scrambling.

DJ
04-04-2016, 04:03 PM
In my opinion only, I believe a lot of the animosity against his ex wife and children was planted by his now deceased wife. From what I have read and from some the the recordings of Lana to relatives I've heard, she controlled pretty much all of Randy's life and did pretty much whatever she wanted to do. i.e. go on cruises alone, etc... Marriage is a partnership of two people.However, On one hand maybe he didn't want to go on cruises, on the other maybe she wanted to be alone and away from him or to be with someone else. We are none the wiser as to why Randy seems to have these feelings towards Jennifer and his children, and probably never will be. We can only go on what people saw and heard as to what was going on in their life. And that at best is hearsay. Except for the domestic disturbances and police calls of record. It is hard to unravel something when again there is no real evidence to the fact. Randy was with this woman for a very long time. When you have addiction problems, you become depend on people in your life whether they are good or bad for you. Once again all I can say is thank the good lord they had CCTV cameras or this man would be in jail. I also pray he has chosen wisely the people he trusts to help him. But I personally have my doubts, considering his issues at hand. IMO

WalshFan88
04-04-2016, 04:15 PM
I agree DJ and Brooke.

Right now I'm hoping for two things. One, his health both mental and physical. The other is making sure the people put in charge of watching over him are in it for the right reasons and there is no agenda or malicious reason.

I'm very glad there was CCTV that confirmed Randy didn't do it (if there wasn't I do think he would be prosecuted), and I'm hoping now he will distance himself from the wrong people and find someone to watch over him that is concerned only about his well being and making sure it doesn't go into the wrong hands.

If his children are truly only after the money and want him to die, then that is sad - no other way to put it. But I'm not sure if that's the case and am hoping it isn't. I think that Lana wasn't good for him and I also think that the prior conservator (James Newton) is iffy at best.

All in all, speculations aside - I'm hoping for him to find good people to be around and to watch over him and his estate that have no hidden agenda or any conflict of interest.

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 04:28 PM
I honestly don't know who to believe and I think, in Randy's condition, that he doesn't really know either.

I think it's very sad what has happened to him and his children. I don't know what happened to cause their estrangement, but something did. I don't trust any of the ones that 'have his best interests at heart'. I hope Randy can trust these that he has requested. It's really hard to say unless you know all parties involved. It seems to me there is a big money-grab going on. Everyone is scrambling.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 04:32 PM
I agree DJ , Brooke and Walsh fan !

MaryCalifornia
04-04-2016, 04:32 PM
Regarding the "choking incident" - doesn't the CBS article say his lung collapsed due to benzos - prescription drugs? Is this the same brain oxygen deprivation incident? Or were there two brain oxygen incidents? I know Soda spoke with Lana about this...Agree with Dreamer, the more information that comes out, the more confusing it all is...

NightMistBlue
04-04-2016, 04:38 PM
I had heard that the collapsed lung was from the choking accident. I've never heard of benzos causing a collapsed lung - that is bizarre. Could it be a mistake in the article? Benzos slow your breathing rate but I didn't find anything to indicate a collapsed lung was a side effect of abuse or excessive intake.

Only Funk 50 has caught the bit in the article which states there were no surveillance cameras in or outside of the home. Could this be another mistake? I agree that Randy would be under suspicion if there wasn't camera evidence. He sure as heck wouldn't have been cleared within 24 hours of the accident without really strong evidence exonerating him.

P.S. I warned ya'll about the rabbit hole...

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 05:33 PM
I had heard that the collapsed lung was from the choking accident. I've never heard of benzos causing a collapsed lung - that is bizarre. Could it be a mistake in the article? Benzos slow your breathing rate but I didn't find anything to indicate a collapsed lung was a side effect of abuse or excessive intake.

Only Funk 50 has caught the bit in the article which states there were no surveillance cameras in or outside of the home. Could this be another mistake? I agree that Randy would be under suspicion if there wasn't camera evidence. He sure as heck wouldn't have been cleared within 24 hours of the accident without really strong evidence exonerating him.

P.S. I warned ya'll about the rabbit hole...

I caught it ... But as it was one report and
Seeing how as yoy say it would seem if that were
True he would be at least under suspicion , if
Not arrested , i more or less brushed it off ...
For now anyway !

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 05:35 PM
Regarding the "choking incident" - doesn't the CBS article say his lung collapsed due to benzos - prescription drugs? Is this the same brain oxygen deprivation incident? Or were there two brain oxygen incidents? I know Soda spoke with Lana about this...Agree with Dreamer, the more information that comes out, the more confusing it all is...

Round and round we go ...

JennyCH
04-04-2016, 09:31 PM
Very depressing. Does anyone know where Randy is now? Is he receiving mental health and/or chemical dependence treatment? Are guns still in his home?

randysgirl
04-05-2016, 01:32 AM
I do believe some things in the CBSN article were incorrect. LAPD said they reviewed the security footage. The Meisners had security cameras inside the house. I have been following this story on Facebook for several years and there are more twists and turns to it than anyone can imagine. The collapsed lung was evidently from the choking incident as was reported several years ago. Another article from a different source mentions his wife "Linda." They could not even get her name right. Shoddy reporting; not checking the facts. At least there are inconsistencies among the various reports.
I sincerely hope that Randy is staying with someone and is not alone in that house and ideally would get ongoing medical care and counseling. He may not want his whereabouts publicized at this point.

Olivia
04-05-2016, 08:36 AM
In my opinion only, I believe a lot of the animosity against his ex wife and children was planted by his now deceased wife. From what I have read and from some the the recordings of Lana to relatives I've heard, she controlled pretty much all of Randy's life and did pretty much whatever she wanted to do. i.e. go on cruises alone, etc... Marriage is a partnership of two people.However, On one hand maybe he didn't want to go on cruises, on the other maybe she wanted to be alone and away from him or to be with someone else. We are none the wiser as to why Randy seems to have these feelings towards Jennifer and his children, and probably never will be. We can only go on what people saw and heard as to what was going on in their life. And that at best is hearsay. Except for the domestic disturbances and police calls of record. It is hard to unravel something when again there is no real evidence to the fact. Randy was with this woman for a very long time. When you have addiction problems, you become depend on people in your life whether they are good or bad for you. Once again all I can say is thank the good lord they had CCTV cameras or this man would be in jail. I also pray he has chosen wisely the people he trusts to help him. But I personally have my doubts, considering his issues at hand. IMO

Just because I go on girls weekends with my girlfriends doesn't mean I'm not in a partnership with my husband. And why always vilify the second wife. As for controlling, I take care of the social, checkbook, and basic running of our household. That doesn't make me controlling. Some men like to be taken care of, they don't want to be bothered. And yes, people do stay together who are bad for each other. They are comfortable with familiarity.

Buttercup
04-05-2016, 08:48 AM
Just because I go on girls weekends with my girlfriends doesn't mean I'm not in a partnership with my husband. And why always vilify the second wife. As for controlling, I take care of the social, checkbook, and basic running of our household. That doesn't make me controlling. Some men like to be taken care of, they don't want to be bothered. And yes, people do stay together who are bad for each other. They are comfortable with familiarity.

I could not agree with you more. My husband goes on golfing trips with his buddies, does that mean we are not together, NO!!!! And as far as Lana spending money on the house and plastic surgery, if I redo my kitchen does that mean I am taking advantage of my husband and spending his money, I thought it was our money since we are married and have been married for a long time just like Randy and Lana. And Lana used her own money for her plastic surgery even though it would have been fine to use their money to do it. It takes 2 people to make a marriage and I am sure Lana was not perfect but then Randy was not either, just like my husband and I are not perfect but we are together.

NightMistBlue
04-05-2016, 10:47 AM
I could not agree with you more. My husband goes on golfing trips with his buddies, does that mean we are not together, NO!!!! And as far as Lana spending money on the house and plastic surgery, if I redo my kitchen does that mean I am taking advantage of my husband and spending his money, I thought it was our money since we are married and have been married for a long time just like Randy and Lana. And Lana used her own money for her plastic surgery even though it would have been fine to use their money to do it. It takes 2 people to make a marriage and I am sure Lana was not perfect but then Randy was not either, just like my husband and I are not perfect but we are together.

That's bizarre stuff isn't it? Randy's ex and his daughter were outraged at "their" money being spent on home renovations and cruise vacations. Like it's any of their business how Randy and his wife spend their money. Such a strong and inappropriate sense of ownership is crazy, IMO.

His ex gets 40% of Randy's Eagles royalties - that is enough to live very comfortably in Nebraska or anywhere else. Who knows why Randy's eldest son doesn't have health insurance and needs to borrow money from his dad for car repairs. Someone is wasting the money but it probably wasn't Lana.

Moving to higher ground: Rick Roberts of Firefall recovered from a traumatic brain injury and alcoholism. He and Randy of course joined forces in the Meisner-Roberts Band for several years in the 80s. I hope they're still in touch.

Girl From Yesterday
04-05-2016, 12:37 PM
That's bizarre stuff isn't it? Randy's ex and his daughter were outraged at "their" money being spent on home renovations and cruise vacations. Like it's any of their business how Randy and his wife spend their money. Such a strong and inappropriate sense of ownership is crazy, IMO.

His ex gets 40% of Randy's Eagles royalties - that is enough to live very comfortably in Nebraska or anywhere else. Who knows why Randy's eldest son doesn't have health insurance and needs to borrow money from his dad for car repairs. Someone is wasting the money but it probably wasn't Lana.

Moving to higher ground: Rick Roberts of Firefall recovered from a traumatic brain injury and alcoholism. He and Randy of course joined forces in the Meisner-Roberts Band for several years in the 80s. I hope they're still in touch.

I agree about the money part...unless it is true that she did not want to spend money on his medical care as the kids allege then I would have a problem with that as well. I also agree with the "me time " . There again are the allegations of the money being spent on a boyfriend . So little is known about Lana ...I had no idea that she had a profession and or income of her own.
I have followed this over the years as well off and on and the part that was upsetting to me is where not only his kids , but also some of his friends have said that they had to go through Lana to have any communication with Randy .
That was troubling to me .I have dealt with that with my brother and his ex wife and it's not fun ! Then if we did get to speak to him she either was on another line or he was on speaker phone .. aaarrrggghhh
It would be interesting to know if the animosity with the kids and Lana was always there or if it developed over the years . Did she try to buffer and encourage his relationship with his kids, or did she add fuel to the fire and encourage the alienation as they allege ?
That's a hard situation, I've been the step-mom to pretty much grown children and my own mother sat me down and told me that if I loved this man I should do everything in my power to try to preserve or encourage him having a relationship with them ....After all she reminded me , they were his kids long before I entered the picture . It took a lot of sucking it up and brushing off my own hurt feelings over especially the daughters treatment of me , but long after their father and I split but remained friends, I still encourage him to at least make some kind of peace with her before it's too late .
The money part isn't that big of a deal to me, what's a cruise when he is worth millions ?Its not anyone business how they spend their own money . It's the neglect of care that is alleged that is bothersome to me .And if it's true that she was a catalyst for the alienation of his children that is a problem .
Also , they allege that she supplied him with drugs and alcohol...is this suppose to mean that she partied with him , or she just made it readily available to him. Enablers are the worst. My ex hubs mother gives her narcotics to her sons who have been in and out of rehabs,gives them money and basically feeds their addictions,She does it because she loves them and doesn't want to see them hurt and does not realize she is slowly killing them.
My point being, if this allegation is true , was it done with bad intentions or out of the illusion that she was helping him ? My ex mother in law has a heart of gold and nothing she does is done with bad intent..it just has those ramifications that she cannot see due to her love of her children. Is this perhaps what the situation was here and not that she kept him drunk for her own benefit ?Or is it a case of two people with substance abuse problems ? Or is Randy clean and sober and has been for a very long time as Lanas brother posted ?
So many questions while so little is really known about the truth, which I remain convinced lies somewhere in the middle ...All at the expense of Randy's well being .I am looking forward to seeing what Jeff ( Lanas brother ) is saying he is going to expose, I do think that at the least he may be sugar coating a few things , such as Randy is doing well and is and has been clean and sober for a very long time ? If this were the case then why petition the courts and ask for a conservatorship , and why were the police called to the home with reports of an intoxicated man ?
We have heard so much over the years from the children and the ex wife's side of things that I am curious as to what Jeff is saying he is going to expose .Maybe some of this will shed a little more light into what is really going on here.
God bless Randy Meisner and help him to be strong and make the right decisions to help him find some sort of peace in his life .

NightMistBlue
04-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Does anyone know where Randy is now? Is he receiving mental health and/or chemical dependence treatment? Are guns still in his home?

He's home. I don't know. No.

Twiggy
04-05-2016, 01:47 PM
While Randy had girlfriends after the divorce, live in or relationships, they would be no threat to the family, particularly the ex-wife. The minute he got married, whoever he had married, they didn't stand a chance.

They would have been a threat to any inheritance they believed was their right. Spending "their" money on such things as having a life together. He could have married a much younger woman who wanted to have his babies. There's a thought.

Was there a clause in the 40% pension that it could be lost if the recipient re-married?

DJ
04-05-2016, 03:03 PM

I agree with what you said Olivia, that is why I said maybe he didn't want to go. I too have a husband who wants nothing to do with the control of the household. Which may well be true in Randy's case. But it just seems to me with his health declining and him needing emotional and physical help Lana would have stepped up to the plate to help him.I was shocked at how declined he looked in that TMZ video. I know many 70 yr old people who still look damn good, even after a life of drugs and rock n roll. I know I would help my spouse if he was in terrible shape, and I bet you would do the same for your spouse. I wasn't vilifying her, just stating what I'd read in many different articles. I just don't think I'd be taking a cruise if my spouse were ill. It's obvious they both had/have problems. You are correct a lot of people stay together because of familiarity. That's a sad truth.

randysgirl
04-05-2016, 04:44 PM
DJ,

Randy had a nurse stay with him constantly at least once that I know of while Lana was on a cruise. Supposedly Lana took care of Randy all the time and needed a break once a year. Being a caregiver is very draining emotionally and physically tiring. I have had to do this several times for my hubby, and I feel some empathy for Lana or anyone who has to do this, especially if it is ongoing. The cruise was one Lana and Randy normally took together while he was with WCR. I guess after Randy's choking incident he did not want to go or wasn't able to. I am not defending Lana, just saying that those who are criticizing her may have no idea what she went through.
I would hesitate to leave town also if my spouse were ill but under the circumstances I can better understand it. Randy's issues were ongoing. If the wife never gets a break and she falls ill, she cannot care for her husband.

SilverAcidRayne
04-05-2016, 06:30 PM
To shed light on the subject of recovering from drug and alcoholism at a older age and is still going strong, we still have Keith Richards. I mean, if HE can recover and be well so can Randy. we can only hope for the best

Girl From Yesterday
04-05-2016, 08:17 PM
To shed light on the subject of recovering from drug and alcoholism at a older age and is still going strong, we still have Keith Richards. I mean, if HE can recover and be well so can Randy. we can only hope for the best

Haha ! Good point !

Twiggy
04-06-2016, 03:40 AM
Lana took a well deserved short cruise break from caring for Randy and the nurse, posing as friend, who moved into their home to care for him was planted in there in order to give evidence put forward against Randy and Lana in the court hearings. Prowling round his house taking pics and sharing them all over FB.

Girl From Yesterday
04-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Lana took a well deserved short cruise break from caring for Randy and the nurse, posing as friend, who moved into their home to care for him was planted in there in order to give evidence put forward against Randy and Lana in the court hearings. Prowling round his house taking pics and sharing them all over FB.

That sucks.I was always under the impression that Marla was friendly with Randy and Lana first.Then Jennifer.
I will go so far as to say that if I'm really concerned about someone's welfare
I wouldn't be above snooping, just depends on the circumstances and motives .

randysgirl
04-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Twiggy's comments are correct about the nurse. She was a "plant." Not sure how long it took for Randy and Lana to discover this.

MaryCalifornia
04-07-2016, 12:02 AM
No, she (the Ex) gets that for life and then their children for all eternity if I understand correctly. I'm not at all fluent in Legalese: http://www.woodllp.com/Publications/Articles/pdf/Watch_Out_Assigning_Assets.pdf

it.

Interesting. I have never seen this information. It is all I have to go on, but it appears that Jennifer's portion of the royalties represents a division of assets, not alimony, so yes, it's hers even if she remarried. There was probably alimony and child support paid by Randy as well, and division of other assets like houses and personal items. The royalty payments are simply community property they acquired during the marriage and dividing proceeds from royalties is just one piece of the overall settlement.

Based on when they were married and the length of the marriage, if they had followed CA law she would have been entitled to 50%.

As her property, she may dispose of it upon her death as she wishes...to her children, to a charity, whatever.

Here's the formula... poor people married in high school + have three kids + hit the jackpot + stay married almost 20 years = they both are entitled to all things earned during that time, equally, unless there is a pre-marital agreement in place.

I think the only other Eagle who fits the formula is Felder. I wonder if his first wife is receiving royalty payments directly from the Eagles as well, or if she agreed to forego her share of royalties in exchange for something else in the settlement. Timothy was already in Poco when he got married, and wasn't married long enough. Was already separated when he hit the Eagles jackpot and not yet married to Jean when ICTYW came out.

MaryCalifornia
04-07-2016, 01:27 PM
Her property, her responsibility for taxes! Though I'm sure she hasn't lived in Nebraska for some time...Maine?

Girl From Yesterday
04-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Her property, her responsibility for taxes! Though I'm sure she hasn't lived in Nebraska for some time...Maine?

Its my understanding that the whole Maine thing
Is to throw people off...
Not sure how true that is mind you .
Im guessing that when she realized her 40 percent actually
Ended up being about 30 after taxes is when she wanted
Randy to pay her taxes .... Too late ...

Twiggy
04-07-2016, 02:39 PM

Not Maine. Nebraska.

Twiggy
04-07-2016, 02:45 PM
"Dirty Laundry"

Randy and Lana's "Dirty Laundry" was aired a long time before this new load of "Dirty Laundry" is openly spoken about. There appears to be a woman here who gets off on court action.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-07-2016, 09:18 PM
I have become increasingly uncomfortable with the direction this thread has taken over the last few days. I would have stepped in last night, but it was late when I got home. This discussion has devolved into speculation about Randy’s personal situation without knowing the facts and making inflammatory and judgmental comments. We have cautioned about this numerous times in the past. As always, if you're not sure where to draw the line, then please err on the side of caution and withhold your comments. And, as always, that actually applies to all threads on the board, not just here.

VillageGirl
04-08-2016, 01:01 AM
Yeah, the whole thing has made me a bit upset. It's great to be fans and I absolutely love Randy, but I am a FAN. Even if I had the opportunity to meet or share a few words here and there with Lana or his ex regarding his condition and or status of ongoing relationships, I would take them at face value. Being a nurse, one thing I can say is family dynamics that are already strained heighten dramatically when a family member's health is in jeopardy, there is substance or any type of abuse, or mental health issues. A history of bad blood for whatever reason does not help.
None of these people close to Randy are going to tell a fan what the real scoop is IMO. I don't mean to be a downer, but that's ridiculous. I am surprised Lana or Jennifer were even talking directly to fans regarding Randy's condition anyway. And now the brother in law Jeff? Do we need to ask ourselves why this poor man is so filled with anxiety and completely depressed? I would want to be on a desert island as far away from human contact as possible if I were him as he probably feels he can't trust anyone, and that may even include his fans as well, no matter how good our intentions may be.
As someone recently posted, this isn't "Days of our Lives" we are discussing. It is the life of a very fragile man who witnessed his wife accidentally blow her head off and was so distraught was on a suicide watch on a psych hold. I feel pretty creepy participating in a thread regarding his financial earnings, alimony, etc.

Rockyn
10-07-2016, 12:23 AM
My god some of you people are awful. None of you here know Randy, Lana, Jennifer, or his kids. Some of the comments about his family are horrible. Speculation about a nurse as a "plant" put there by Jennifer, his "spoiled" kids.... this is all hateful gossip. I'm not going to start quoting and refuting what individual people said... it just isn't worth the time or energy to argue with gossipmongers.

WS82Classics
10-07-2016, 11:29 AM
^^^^I don't think any of us could or would claim to comment with any real authority on matters such as these. After all, we're just mere posters on a fan site, and not cable/network news reporters. That's why we post--Often as not, we know nothing and are trying to figure it all out, none of our business though it may be.

This is a difficult situation for a lot of people to comprehend, and there are people who will add in 'guesstimates' and even a surmission or two in an effort to make sense of it all. It is somewhat understandable. Of course, some speculation does get out of bounds, and I'd imagine the moderators would crack down if it did get really bad.

And just as easily as I threw my hat into this discussion, I bow out.

DJ
10-07-2016, 05:37 PM
I IMO believe it is best to lay it all to rest! We have no Idea what is happening or has happened with anything in Randy's life. Unless we personally have interacted with him, I believe enough has been said. All we can do is hope and pray he is well and getting care & treatment for his ill's. His conservator will be decided by a Judge on Oct 14th. We can only hope it's what he wants and will benefit him. God Bless him.