PDA

View Full Version : Randy's wife Lana has died

Pages : [1] 2

NightMistBlue
03-07-2016, 09:43 AM
I don't know what's true or not - Radar Online is not the most reputable news source but they are saying Randy's wife Lana has been shot and killed. Tragic news if true. Prayers for all.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/randy-meisner-wife-dead-eagles-member-spouse-lana-rae-found-gun-shot-wound-head/

buffyfan145
03-07-2016, 10:57 AM
I just saw it on a couple other sites as well. If it's true that's so sad and sending prayers as well. :(

Ive always been a dreamer
03-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Yeah - It seems to be hitting more sites. What a tragedy. I would ask that we wait until more reliable details become available before we start speculating.

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 11:47 AM
I read. what is going on? cant even deal

Glennhoney
03-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Oh GOD..WHAT REALLY DID HAPPEN THOUGH??

secret squirrel
03-07-2016, 11:54 AM
From UCR:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/randy-meisner-wife-shot/?utm_source=sailthru&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=newsletter_4572276

Frightening. Poor lady.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/ (http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/shakey-graves-are-you-trick-or-are-you.html)

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 12:13 PM
I think... when CNN or someone reports it then i'll be like ok. I really cant rely on TMZ lol

MaryCalifornia
03-07-2016, 12:27 PM
For anything that has to do with LAPD and celebrities, TMZ is the authoritative source. CNN will be relying on TMZ if they do report it. This is too terrible!

NightMistBlue
03-07-2016, 12:30 PM
From the NY Post (another tabloid), police are stating in no uncertain terms now that it was an accident: The woman was reaching for an item in a darkened closet when a gun accidentally went off, killing her at about 5:32 p.m. on Sunday, cops said. “There was an accidental discharge of the firearm. It was completely accidental, there is nothing indicative of a murder, homicide or a suicide,” LAPD Det. Gus Barrientos told The Post. “It’s a weird accident, that’s all I can say. There was absolutely no struggle, just a freak accident.”

Updated article here: http://pagesix.com/2016/03/07/eagles-co-founder-randy-meisners-wife-shot-dead/

Tori
03-07-2016, 12:36 PM
Here's a press release I found from the official LAPD Twitter account: https://twitter.com/LAPDHQ/status/706877276772642816

So, so saddening. Thoughts and prayers with Randy and his family.

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 12:40 PM
that I did read. man I feel horrible. he loses his brother in music now his wife.

DJ
03-07-2016, 12:44 PM
It is all very tragic news. And nobody knows what really happened yet. All I can say is prayers to all the family involved.

NightMistBlue
03-07-2016, 12:48 PM
that I did read. man I feel horrible. he loses his brother in music now his wife.

And it's Randy's birthday tomorrow, he turns 70. He's reportedly estranged from his children. Randy's parents and sister are no longer living.

I hope he has good, close friends to support him.

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 12:54 PM
And it's Randy's birthday tomorrow, he turns 70. He's reportedly estranged from his children. Randy's parents and sister are no longer living.

I hope he has good, close friends to support him.

I hope so too. this poor guy :-(

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 12:56 PM
wow.

http://local.nixle.com/alert/5601164/

AlreadyGone95
03-07-2016, 12:59 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with Randy and Lana's family. :( :(

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 01:08 PM
I mean this band is going thru it man...

buffyfan145
03-07-2016, 02:19 PM
All the main news sites are reporting it now. Just so sad and my prayers are with Randy and their family.

Brooke
03-07-2016, 02:25 PM
OMG, I just read the news! How awful!

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 03:24 PM
as a fan i'm starting to worry... he has been thru so much I just hope he is gonna be ok

FWIW
03-07-2016, 03:38 PM
I've been thinking exactly the same thing. I read that he's been been having a tough time recently. Hopefully someone reaches out to him.

NightMistBlue
03-07-2016, 03:40 PM
I'm very worried, and pray that Randy is receiving a lot of love and support from those around him.

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 03:44 PM
absolutely.... heartbreaking

NOLA
03-07-2016, 03:45 PM
Just read this on CNN.com. What a horrible and tragic accident! Thoughts and prayers to their respective families. So very sad. :(

MaryCalifornia
03-07-2016, 03:56 PM
I had to go back to confirm that was actually the LAPD press release itself and not a website reporting on the press release. Does anyone else find the editorializing by the PR department strange? "Famed" Eagles member... "tragically" shot? Usually these types of press releases are dry and stick to the facts. This type of language seems so out of step with how results of official investigations are typically announced - it's more like something TMZ or the Daily Mail would write, not the actual police department itself.

LAPD is going to be in CYA mode regardless of the facts. Fastest death investigation ever. It's all bad news, but at least Randy is not implicated.

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 04:01 PM
I had to go back to confirm that was actually the LAPD press release itself and not a website reporting on the press release. Does anyone else find the editorializing by the PR department strange? "Famed" Eagles member... "tragically" shot? Usually these types of press releases are dry and stick to the facts. This type of language seems so out of step with how results of official investigations are typically announced - it's more like something TMZ or the Daily Mail would write, not the actual police department itself.

LAPD is going to be in CYA mode regardless of the facts. Fastest death investigation ever. It's all bad news, but at lease Randy is not implicated.

right... almost like they are trying to get some kind of "publicity" out of this? I did think about that. it's all so terrible

randysgirl
03-07-2016, 04:26 PM
It has been reported that there are security cameras in the home and that should exonerate Randy if he wasn't in the room. Police have ruled it an accident. How much can this man take. He has been through so much including mourning Glenn's passing and now his wife. I hope some of his friends are with him.

alreadygone
03-07-2016, 04:44 PM
does it seem that when there's smoke there's fire. I mean it seems there have been a lot of stories about Randy the past few years. A lot of them have been denied but it makes you wonder.

- rumors about him losing his mental faculties
- rumor that he planned on doing a murder-suicide
- that whole conservatorship thing

I also know that Randy's kids do not like Lana and I kind of wonder if they'll be the ones to take care of him.

Freypower
03-07-2016, 04:48 PM
This is very sad & may Lana rest in peace, however I note that the cops had been called to the house earlier that evening due to a 'domestic violence' incident.

GlennLover
03-07-2016, 04:48 PM
I just read a report that said Randy was hospitalized. This is all so sad.

Nash71
03-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Prayers for Randy and his family-loved ones. Hope he pulls through this.

LuvTim
03-07-2016, 05:05 PM
I'm just hearing about this. Tragic. Just tragic.

L101
03-07-2016, 05:29 PM
RIP Lana. This is sad news and I hope that Randy will come out of it ok.

But unfortunately this is going to bring the issue of gun control back into the news again.

Funk 50
03-07-2016, 05:38 PM
This is very sad & may Lana rest in peace, however I note that the cops had been called to the house earlier that evening due to a 'domestic violence' incident.

.... and then she's reaching for firearms :???:

Sad, dark chapters to add to the Eagles story. Awful tragedy for Lana's closest.

NightMistBlue
03-07-2016, 05:46 PM
She could have been moving and hiding the firearm so Randy wouldn't hurt himself.

I hope that Randy gets through this somehow, that he has some people to lean on for support.

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Hospitalized? Why?

MaryCalifornia
03-07-2016, 06:13 PM
My initial thought re: why he might have been hospitalized was if as the spouse, Lana handled the dosings of his daily medications, perhaps he did not receive what he usually did and he needs to be stabilized. However, I realize this assumes that he is not capable of taking care of himself, which I have no reason to think is the case. It sounds like he was in a bad way all around, and perhaps he was admitted for probably for shock and grief.

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 06:18 PM
Omg.

GlennLover
03-07-2016, 06:32 PM
Initial reports said that Randy seemed to be in shock & unaware that his wife had died.

SilverAcidRayne
03-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Initial reports said that Randy seemed to be in shock & unaware that his wife had died.

Omg. So he's got no idea she passed?

jms18222
03-07-2016, 06:48 PM
What is scary is that they say things happen in 3'. I hope this is never the case. This is just so sad.

sad-cafe
03-07-2016, 06:50 PM
this is so horrible.

I am so glad I am not reading that Randy was responsible for the death.

I pray for Randy and his family. Such a beautiful soul to be living his last years like this

Freypower
03-07-2016, 07:01 PM

On the other hand the TMZ report says that he was able to give police his version of what occurred.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/07/eagles-wife-shot-to-death-randy-meisner/

WalshFan88
03-07-2016, 07:07 PM
Very sad.

My first thought was that Randy was somehow involved because of the abuse stuff in the news.

Then I read the TMZ article and was relieved the police cleared him. But now with news about a domestic violence problem and then he was hospitalized. I hope he wasn't involved in any of it.

randysgirl
03-07-2016, 07:08 PM
He did give police an account of what happened. It is likely the police were there all night. Maybe when he finally realized she had passed he became incoherent and went into shock. He was taken to the hospital around 5 this morning.

armus2112
03-07-2016, 07:39 PM
from
http://lapdblog.typepad.com/lapd_blog/2016/03/tragic-accidental-discharge-of-firearm-results-in-death-of-mrs-lana-meisner-.html

March 07, 2016

Tragic Accidental Discharge of Firearm Results in Death of Mrs. Lana Meisner

North Hollywood: Mrs. Lana Meisner, wife of famed Eagles member Randy Meisner, was tragically shot when she moved a firearm that accidentally discharged.

On Sunday, March 6, 2016, around 5:30 p.m., North Hollywood patrol officers responded to a radio call of a woman asking for police assistance for a possibly intoxicated male suspect in the 3700 block of Eureka Drive. The officers took a domestic violence incident report and left the location.

On Sunday, March 6, 2016 around 7:00 p.m., North Hollywood patrol officers responded to a radio call of a shooting, in the 3700 block of Eureka Drive in the North Hollywood area. When officers arrived they found Mrs. Meisner suffering from a single gunshot wound.

The Los Angeles Fire Department responded and pronounced Mrs. Meisner dead at the scene.

After a thorough investigation by Valley Bureau detective personnel and the Los Angeles Coroner's Office, it was determined that Mrs. Meisner's death was accidental. Mrs. Meisner was moving a rifle that was stored inside a case in a closet. As she lifted the rifle in the case, another item within the case shifted and hit the trigger of the rifle causing it to fire and fatally injure Mrs. Meisner.

Mr. Meisner was cooperative throughout the investigation.

03-07-2016, 07:47 PM
This is such a horrific and bizarre tragedy. It’s hard to imagine the living hell that Randy must be going through especially when you consider his easygoing and modest temperment in his younger days. However, even if he is fully exonerated of any responsibility for Lana’s death, he has shown a tendency for violence as his mental health and substance abuse has deteriorated. I truly worry that he could be a danger to himself and others. It doesn’t seem like to me that he capable of taking care of himself so I sure hope he gets the proper care he needs and deserves. My heart goes out to his and Lana’s family.

Midnight Visitor
03-07-2016, 09:16 PM
This is such a horrific and bizarre tragedy. It’s hard to imagine the living hell that Randy must be going through especially when you consider his easygoing and modest temperment in his younger days. However, even if he is fully exonerated of any responsibility for Lana’s death, he has shown a tendency for violence as his mental health and substance abuse has deteriorated. I truly worry that he could be a danger to himself and others. It doesn’t seem like to me that he capable of taking care of himself so I sure hope he gets the proper care he needs and deserves. My heart goes out to his and Lana’s family.

I could not have said it any better myself. A very sad situation.

MortSahlFan
03-07-2016, 10:17 PM
So sad...

sodascouts
03-07-2016, 11:36 PM
Absolutely awful!

ETA: I'm changing the thread title to be more specific.

Tammy
03-07-2016, 11:42 PM
It's very sad I hope Randy has Genuine friend who will be there for him as he deals with this. Maybe this is his chance to heal and get healthy maybe reconnect with his children. God Bless him as he deal with this I prey he can find some Peace. Stay Strong Randy you are not alone many people out their rooting for you Namaste

OutlawManNJ
03-08-2016, 03:23 AM
From the NY Post (another tabloid), police are stating in no uncertain terms now that it was an accident: The woman was reaching for an item in a darkened closet when a gun accidentally went off, killing her at about 5:32 p.m. on Sunday, cops said. “There was an accidental discharge of the firearm. It was completely accidental, there is nothing indicative of a murder, homicide or a suicide,” LAPD Det. Gus Barrientos told The Post. “It’s a weird accident, that’s all I can say. There was absolutely no struggle, just a freak accident.”

Updated article here: http://pagesix.com/2016/03/07/eagles-co-founder-randy-meisners-wife-shot-dead/

I love Randy Meiser, hes my favorite Eagle....but under the recent circumstances (the police being called to his house by the wife 2 hours earlier... And other things) And being that this supposed accident is so bizarre , how can they be so quick to say for sure it was an accident?

If Randy is really inncent in all this I would hope that the other eagles would step up and try to get randys life back in order. Money shouldnt be an issue.

UndertheWire
03-08-2016, 06:57 AM
I hope Randy gets the support that he needs.

It seems irresponsible that they were allowed to keep firearms in the house.

cmacg
03-08-2016, 08:41 AM
This is so sad. Police say he had nothing to do with it as there is CCTV in the house.

Never really hear much about the Eagles on the radio here in Ireland but now it is for all the wrong reasons. First, all the tributes to Glenn Frey and now just heard "Take it to the Limit" on the radio and thankfully it was just to wish Randy a happy birthday.

Maybe now he will be able to get the help that he needs and life might settle down.

NightMistBlue
03-08-2016, 10:07 AM
This is so sad. Police say he had nothing to do with it as there is CCTV in the house.

Also, the gun was still in the case apparently. But I don't wish to speculate anymore. It was a tragic accident and I pray that Randy will be alright.

randysgirl
03-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Thinking of Randy on his birthday today. This must be so difficult I cannot even imagine. I hope he has a good support network of friends to help him through this.

Brooke
03-08-2016, 11:05 AM
What terrible news! I hope Randy can get some reliable help. Prayers for him and his family.

Topkat
03-08-2016, 01:13 PM
Wow, I heard she died but had no idea of the story until just now. How does a gun fall in a closet & go off on her head??. OMG! How horrible for Randy. Today is his birthday. I'm afraid not a very happy one for him. All so sad. Poor Randy. I feel for him & this terrible incident. RIP Lana. Prayers for the family

Victim of Love
03-08-2016, 01:34 PM
It breaks my heart that Randy is dealing with another tragedy today instead of celebrating. I pray that his children will see their way clear to resolve their estrangement and give him the love and support he not only so justly deserves but certainly must need at this time. Life is much too short to let differences drive a wedge between parents and children and sad that it often takes a tragic situation to put things aside. I'm keeping Randy and his family/friends in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time, and may Lana rest in peace.

NightMistBlue
03-08-2016, 02:53 PM
I don't know if this is true, but TMZ is usually accurate when it comes to police information. They are claiming that Randy is on 72-hour psychiatric hold after threatening suicide. God, please watch over Randy.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/08/randy-meisner-psych-hold-wife-shotgun-death/

Freypower
03-08-2016, 04:04 PM
Wow, I heard she died but had no idea of the story until just now. How does a gun fall in a closet & go off on her head??. OMG! How horrible for Randy. Today is his birthday. I'm afraid not a very happy one for him. All so sad. Poor Randy. I feel for him & this terrible incident. RIP Lana. Prayers for the family

I don't understand that either. I would have thought for a gun to fire & hit someone in the head, it has to be pointed at them. I don't see how the trigger could have been dislodged by moving the bag.

AlreadyGone95
03-08-2016, 04:49 PM
The first thing that comes to my mind is why wasn't the gun safety on? Gun safety 101: Keep the safety lock on until you are ready to shoot no matter what.

Such a tragic accident. I feel for poor Randy, and I hope that he's getting the help he needs.

NightMistBlue
03-08-2016, 05:08 PM
According to the NY Daily News, the same alleged "friend" and attorney who tried to get Randy under conservatorship last year are getting involved in his present situation. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/randy-meisner-psych-ward-wife-shooting-death-article-1.2556907

SilverAcidRayne
03-08-2016, 05:31 PM
Omg. I seriously can't.

Tori
03-08-2016, 06:11 PM
Noooooooo... we don't need more of the legal craziness! this whole thing is just heartbreaking.

SilverAcidRayne
03-08-2016, 09:25 PM
An article is combining the events of his events in the past with now. saying he is on psych watch after threatening to kill the staff and himself with an AK 47. that was last time. there is no way he could even be like that now. this is what upsets me about the media. Quick to spread lies on undeserving people.

Freypower
03-08-2016, 09:52 PM
An article is combining the events of his events in the past with now. saying he is on psych watch after threatening to kill the staff and himself with an AK 47. that was last time. there is no way he could even be like that now. this is what upsets me about the media. Quick to spread lies on undeserving people.

The NY Daily News article refers to the present situation. They reference the previous situation in one paragraph; they are not claiming it is what occurred in this current incident. They may believe it gives some background to the current situation.

In any case, given that he is indeed under pyschiatric care, I'm not sure that to state 'there is no way he could even be like that now' is entirely accurate.

buffyfan145
03-08-2016, 09:53 PM
This is just so sad and all of this when it's his birthday. :worried:

SilverAcidRayne
03-08-2016, 09:58 PM
The NY Daily News article refers to the present situation. They reference the previous situation in one paragraph; they are not claiming it is what occurred in this current incident. They may believe it gives some background to the current situation.

In any case, given that he is indeed under pyschiatric care, I'm not sure that to state 'there is no way he could even be like that now' is entirely accurate.

True. But I meant the circumstances are totally different now. he's a mess. But I don't think he threatened anyone. I would hope not

Freypower
03-08-2016, 10:12 PM
It says he threatened to kill himself. It does not say he threatened anyone else.

Founding Eagles member Randy Meisner spent his 70th birthday on Tuesday in a psych ward for threatening suicide after his wife accidentally shot herself (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wife-founding-eagles-member-randy-meisner-shot-dead-article-1.2555313) in the couple's California home, the Daily News confirmed.
"He threatened to kill himself," said attorney Troy L. Martin, who represented a family friend in a conservatorship case for Meisner last year.

That is the current incident, not the previous one.

However I again state that the police had already attended the house prior to the fatal shooting.

03-08-2016, 10:17 PM
Well, all we have to go on are the results of the LAPD’s preliminary investigation, which has concluded that Lana’s death was an accident. However, the investigation may be ongoing, so until or unless more details are forthcoming, I don’t want to speculate or second guess them. But, we also have to keep in mind that people with mental illnesses like Randy are capable of unthinkable behavior, so I don’t think we can speculate about that either. Obviously, he is in a very bad state of mind to be placed on a suicide watch.

SilverAcidRayne
03-08-2016, 10:23 PM
It says he threatened to kill himself. It does not say he threatened anyone else.

Founding Eagles member Randy Meisner spent his 70th birthday on Tuesday in a psych ward for threatening suicide after his wife accidentally shot herself (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/wife-founding-eagles-member-randy-meisner-shot-dead-article-1.2555313) in the couple's California home, the Daily News confirmed.
"He threatened to kill himself," said attorney Troy L. Martin, who represented a family friend in a conservatorship case for Meisner last year.

That is the current incident, not the previous one.

However I again state that the police had already attended the house prior to the fatal shooting.

Right they did... Lol this was the article that said all the mess about threatening. And they since edited it.
http://societyofrock.com/update-shocking-details-on-former-eagle-randy-meisners-tragedy-this-is-crazy/?A=MC&var=RandyCrazy-ILCR

SoaringRockyMountainWay
03-08-2016, 10:29 PM
Prayers for Randy.

MaryCalifornia
03-08-2016, 10:38 PM
Well, all we have to go on are the results of the LAPD’s preliminary investigation, which has concluded that Lana’s death was an accident. However, the investigation may be ongoing, so until or unless more details are forthcoming, I don’t want to speculate or second guess them. But, we also have to keep in mind that people with mental illnesses like Randy are capable of unthinkable behavior, so I don’t think we can speculate about that either. Obviously, he is in a very bad state of mind to be placed on a suicide watch.

I anticipate that all of the details about the 911 call domestic violence LAPD visit to their house 90 minutes before she died will come out as part of her family's claim against the LAPD, which I also anticipate will be forthcoming. No matter how she died, the fact is the LAPD responded to a DV call, left the house, and she ended up dead. These are two people with a very recent, public history of claims of domestic abuse, substance abuse and mental illness who the LAPD should know, and they obviously did not protect either party from each other. They should have taken one or both to the station to defuse the situation, or ensured that a neutral 3rd party arrived at the residence before they left. Who knows, maybe these things did happen - we'll see.

WalshFan88
03-09-2016, 02:40 AM
Here's a news link with two sides to the story about Lana's treatment of Randy and vice versa as well as the cause of the misfire. There were spurs in the rifle case that caught on the trigger.

And yes, it was said that Randy threatened hospital workers with shooting them, as is in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3482204/Eagles-founder-Randy-Meisner-s-wife-controlled-frittered-money-care-plastic-surgery-cruises-history-beating-accidentally-killed-herself.html

I hope Randy gets the help he needs now.

Funk 50
03-09-2016, 04:38 AM
...If any good can come out of this at all, maybe it will be the catalyst that reunites him with his family....

I hope so too redstorm1968. These things tend to cause unheal-able rifts rather than cement them but maybe in this case it'll bring an already broken family closer together.

I expect Randy will be feeling numb and incapable of any emotion beyond fear and grief for sometime to come.

As the Police attended the scene, hours before the death, I'm not ready to except their version of events without substantiation. It kind of makes them look bad if they attend a "domestic", leave them to it, then one ends up dead. They're experts at deflecting responsibility.

That's just my prejudiced opinion. I hope randy pulls through and sees some joy beyond the pain.

Thanks for posting the Daily Mail link Walshfan88.

NightMistBlue
03-09-2016, 10:57 AM
...it was said that Randy threatened hospital workers with shooting them...

He didn't even have a gun at the time of the alleged threat, so he wasn't much of a danger one would think. People say things when they're upset, if he ever said that. The incident was alleged in a court case by the opposing side; they slung a lot of mud but rarely provided substantiation - at least not for public view.

Regarding Randy's "mental illness" I'd just like to point out that millions and millions of people have been diagnosed with bipolar depression. Symptoms and severity vary widely. It doesn't mean one is a dangerous lunatic who needs to be locked away.

I don't know what's true but about 90% of the claims in the Daily Mail article are directly from the people who recently tried to get Randy put under a conservatorship. He had changed his will in the last several years and they tried to get him declared incompetent to oversee his own finances.

I only hope Randy has people in his life who sincerely care about his well-being.

armus2112
03-09-2016, 01:09 PM
if you're in law enforcement and you know the history of this couple, you are obligated to entertain all possibilities.

Topkat
03-09-2016, 02:42 PM
I anticipate that all of the details about the 911 call domestic violence LAPD visit to their house 90 minutes before she died will come out as part of her family's claim against the LAPD, which I also anticipate will be forthcoming. No matter how she died, the fact is the LAPD responded to a DV call, left the house, and she ended up dead. These are two people with a very recent, public history of claims of domestic abuse, substance abuse and mental illness who the LAPD should know, and they obviously did not protect either party from each other. They should have taken one or both to the station to defuse the situation, or ensured that a neutral 3rd party arrived at the residence before they left. Who knows, maybe these things did happen - we'll see.

If this was an accident, how is it cops fault??? They can't bring anybody in unless they are willing to press charges. Even if Randy threatened her, & she refuses to press charges, if no signs of abuse, there is no arrest. Also, how are they to know there are guns in the closet? Maybe she was reaching to get the gun when it went off. There are lots of unanswered questions here, but none of it is good. But I don't see how LAPD is responsible for this.

DJ
03-09-2016, 03:14 PM
Lots of prayers for Randy and his family. I hope he can truly get the correct medical help he so desperately needs. This is so tragic for all involved. Be well Randy and know there is a light at the end of this.:angel:

Brooke
03-09-2016, 03:31 PM
What an awful mess! It's hard to know just who to believe! I certainly hope Randy gets the help he needs.

Freypower
03-09-2016, 04:50 PM
Here's a news link with two sides to the story about Lana's treatment of Randy and vice versa as well as the cause of the misfire. There were spurs in the rifle case that caught on the trigger.

And yes, it was said that Randy threatened hospital workers with shooting them, as is in this article.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3482204/Eagles-founder-Randy-Meisner-s-wife-controlled-frittered-money-care-plastic-surgery-cruises-history-beating-accidentally-killed-herself.html

I hope Randy gets the help he needs now.

I saw nothing about any threats to any hospital workers in that article. In any case I thought it was agreed that happened on a previous occasion.

Freypower
03-09-2016, 04:52 PM
If this was an accident, how is it cops fault??? They can't bring anybody in unless they are willing to press charges. Even if Randy threatened her, & she refuses to press charges, if no signs of abuse, there is no arrest. Also, how are they to know there are guns in the closet? Maybe she was reaching to get the gun when it went off. There are lots of unanswered questions here, but none of it is good. But I don't see how LAPD is responsible for this.

I think the point is that the LAPD should possibly have taken further action to ensure the situation didn't deteriorate, accident or not.

I think it's interesting that they haven't made the pathology report public.

WalshFan88
03-09-2016, 05:08 PM
I saw nothing about any threats to any hospital workers in that article. In any case I thought it was agreed that happened on a previous occasion.

It was directed to hospital workers, and it did happen in the past but still none the less very troubling about his mental status. The article mentions it and that's why he got a conservator.

In July last year, Los Angeles Superior Court appointed Randy's friend James Newton as his temporary conservator after he 'threatened to shoot people' with an AK-47.

Another article talks about it and specifically mentions the hospital workers.

WalshFan88
03-09-2016, 05:10 PM
He didn't even have a gun at the time of the alleged threat, so he wasn't much of a danger one would think. People say things when they're upset, if he ever said that. The incident was alleged in a court case by the opposing side; they slung a lot of mud but rarely provided substantiation - at least not for public view.

Regarding Randy's "mental illness" I'd just like to point out that millions and millions of people have been diagnosed with bipolar depression. Symptoms and severity vary widely. It doesn't mean one is a dangerous lunatic who needs to be locked away.

I don't know what's true but about 90% of the claims in the Daily Mail article are directly from the people who recently tried to get Randy put under a conservatorship. He had changed his will in the last several years and they tried to get him declared incompetent to oversee his own finances.

I only hope Randy has people in his life who sincerely care about his well-being.

I'm not saying he's a dangerous lunatic, but I'm just saying that it's clear he needs help to get better and to get away from alcohol and rehab.

Freypower
03-09-2016, 05:45 PM
It was directed to hospital workers, and it did happen in the past but still none the less very troubling about his mental status. The article mentions it and that's why he got a conservator.

Another article talks about it and specifically mentions the hospital workers.

Yes, OK, I found it. :blush:

randysgirl
03-09-2016, 06:12 PM
I hope he somehow gets the help he needs and can deal with his wife's death. I also read about the heavy spurs causing the trigger to engage. Police have established that Randy was not in the room at the time of the accident, most likely substantiated by the CCTV they had in the house. I don't see how this has anything to do with the earlier incident for which the police were called, other than being a tragic coincidence. My heart goes out to Randy and to his wife's family.

Freypower
03-09-2016, 06:25 PM
I hope he somehow gets the help he needs and can deal with his wife's death. I also read about the heavy spurs causing the trigger to engage. Police have established that Randy was not in the room at the time of the accident, most likely substantiated by the CCTV they had in the house. I don't see how this has anything to do with the earlier incident for which the police were called, other than being a tragic coincidence. My heart goes out to Randy and to his wife's family.

The police had been called 90 minutes earlier, that's why it's relevant.

WalshFan88
03-09-2016, 07:17 PM
Here's my line of thinking, and I admire Randy as one of my musical heroes but in talking with my folks about the news, we came to the conclusion:

Why was she needing to go get a rifle or get into the case or even pick it up? Either because she had bad motive or she was protecting herself, there had to be some impetus for her to go looking for that rifle. If she was just rummaging through the closet, fine, but if she was in any way looking for a rifle you have to take into consideration that 911 was called 90 minutes prior. If that hadn't happened, you could say it was just rummaging around. But the fact is, she wanted to get the rifle from the sounds of it.

Randy was cleared (which I'm very glad), mostly because of the CCTV and it was an accident, but she obviously went to get that rifle for SOME reason. That is what I'm getting at. Why did she have to go looking for it? It would seem like more of a coincidence if there wasn't a domestic disturbance call just 90 minutes earlier.

I personally think she was protecting herself.

tequila mockingbird
03-09-2016, 07:37 PM
So, spurs caused the loaded gun, in a case without the safety on, to go off just when it was aimed at her head. Wait. What??? The odds must be stupefying. I have a feeling that we may not have heard the end of this quite yet.

GlennLover
03-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Why would you put spurs in a rifle case. The last article I read said she was looking for a pair of shoes.???:huh:

MaryCalifornia
03-09-2016, 09:09 PM
Spurs in a gun bag what the heck. A stored gun that is loaded with no safety on. This is getting more and more bizarre. The 911 call will come out, I'm guessing soon, as will the coroner's report and the investigative report, which hopefully was conducted by an agency other than LAPD, because they will be covering their own heinie every step of the way.

armus2112
03-09-2016, 09:12 PM
Does it really take much imagination to conceive of a way that one could rig a rifle to 'accidentally go off' like this?

hmm, let's see .. slip rifle into bag, ensure loaded, ensure safety is off, place a heavy object above trigger.

when someone attempts to lift the rifle, boom.

I'm not saying Randy did anything. Maybe I've watched too much CSI or Matlock or something. Probably that. Just thinking.

after all it does say in this article (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3482204/Eagles-founder-Randy-Meisner-s-wife-controlled-frittered-money-care-plastic-surgery-cruises-history-beating-accidentally-killed-herself.html):

Meisner wrote in an application for a restraining order: 'I am afraid that... she will come to the home and become enraged and perhaps kill me.

Glennhoney
03-09-2016, 09:44 PM
....on the whole...a very sad situation for everyone...there's no doubt in my mind that both Randy and his wife, were in a terrible situation..either due to drugs or mental incapacities..something like this was bound to happen.....:sad:

WalshFan88
03-09-2016, 09:50 PM
Why would you put spurs in a rifle case. The last article I read said she was looking for a pair of shoes.???:huh:

I really am praying that is the case. It just seems odd because of the prior info and the fact the police had been to the house already.

Obviously Randy didn't do it, but the question is why and how she went to get the gun if she did, and if she didn't why were spurs in that bag with a loaded gun OFF of safety. It makes no sense.

OutlawManNJ
03-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Is it confirmed that there is cctv footage?

Either way, the odds that:
1- you call 911 90 minutes before
2- she went looking in a closet where there was a shotgun
3- that the shotgun went off on its own
4- du tomsome weight that fell on trigger
5- while pointed in her heads drection

The odds of all that happening in sequence coincidentally is probably harder than winning the lottery

Freypower
03-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Is it confirmed that there is cctv footage?

Either way, the odds that:
1- you call 911 90 minutes before
2- she went looking in a closet where there was a shotgun
3- that the shotgun went off on its own
4- du tomsome weight that fell on trigger
5- while pointed in her heads drection

The odds of all that happening in sequence coincidentally is probably harder than winning the lottery

a 'source' said there was surveillance footage.

http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/randy-meisner-wife-dead-eagles-member-spouse-lana-rae-found-gun-shot-wound-head/

The source revealed that there were surveillance cameras in the proximity of where the tragic incident took place, and cops will be reviewing the footage.

UndertheWire
03-10-2016, 06:29 AM
My 2 cents. I know little of
- bipolar disorder
- alcoholism
- cocaine use
- gun ownership
- Californian law
- domestic abuse.

However, having guns in a household where there are "mood disturbances", substance abuse and marital disorder sounds like an accident - or crime - waiting to happen.

Even if there is no criminal case, I would expect there to be an investigation of the circumstances (by the coroner?). Why was the gun loaded? Why was it stored in a closet rather than a gun safe? Was it legally owned? Should the gun licence have been withdrawn after the events of last year? If that investigation is fudged then perhaps that would be more from fear of the pro-gun lobby rather than LAPD protecting itself.

NightMistBlue
03-10-2016, 09:29 AM
I do not want to speculate why she was in that closet, what her motives were or why the police didn't remove one of them from the home when they were there earlier. We don't know any details except for that the police confirmed through CCTV that he was in another area of the house when the gun went off and that it was an accident. We should be thrilled that there is undeniable proof that he is innocent instead of him being falsely charged for murder. I know that I am.

Me too. I just want Randy to be alright.

Lana's brother Jeff posted this on a Randy fan page very early this morning: "To all of you that are concerned, though devastated, Randy is in good hands and has many people supporting him that care a great deal about him and his welfare."

Thank God for that. I was afraid that Randy is going through this nightmare alone. An attorney for the "other side" in the conservator case told Fox News yesterday that Randy is unreachable, that none of his friends or family have been able to contact him in psychiatric hold.

Just a reminder to take everything you read about this case with a grain of caution. Jeff also said, "Anyone that knows Lana and Randy personally knows that those reports [of an abusive relationship] are completely untrue, and I am disgusted that they are repeated over and over as though they are fact."

tequila mockingbird
03-10-2016, 11:37 AM
[QUOTE=NightMistBlue;325389]Me too. I just want Randy to be alright.

Lana's brother Jeff posted this on a Randy fan page very early this morning: "To all of you that are concerned, though devastated, Randy is in good hands and has many people supporting him that care a great deal about him and his welfare."

Thank God for that. I was afraid that Randy is going through this nightmare alone. An attorney for the "other side" in the conservator case told Fox News yesterday that Randy is unreachable, that none of his friends or family have been able to contact him in psychiatric hold.

Just a reminder to take everything you read about this case with a grain of caution. Jeff also said, "Anyone that knows Lana and Randy personally knows that those reports [of an abusive relationship] are completely untrue, and I am disgusted that they are repeated over and over as though they are fact."[/QUOTE

By Randy's own testimony abuse took place. He was very specific in his statement about cocaine fueled incidents that had occurred, and even said that he feared she would kill him. This was not Ward and June Cleaver. The call just 90 minutes before her death was listed as a "domestic violence" incident. Neighbors have stated that the police were a common sight at the home. So, for anyone to claim that, " those reports [of an abusive relationship] are completely untrue" seems contrary to the documented facts. Why is it easier to believe that not one, not two, but, ALL THREE of his children are money grubbing liars. Yet, the self-admitted cocaine taking, paranoid and delusional wife is a paragon of virtue. C'mon.

NightMistBlue
03-10-2016, 12:44 PM
I'm not taking sides or saying his wife was without flaw. I only wrote take everything you read with a grain of caution, don't jump to conclusions. The two factions have been at odds with each other for years and it's very difficult - probably impossible - for outsiders like ourselves to know what is true.

This article from Radar Online out today says surveillance footage confirmed the shooting was accidental. Warning: there is graphic language in this.
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/randy-meisner-wife-dead-lana-rae-surveillance-camera-shooting-accidental/

randysgirl
03-10-2016, 02:08 PM
It is true that the two "factions" will never agree. The only possible good news to come out of this tragic event is that the CCTV showed Randy to have been in another area of the house just as he told LAPD. He found her and the gruesome scene. It is no wonder that he is traumatized.

AlreadyGone95
03-10-2016, 03:33 PM
The more I read about it the harder it is to believe. A freak accident is an understatement. It's like something that you would see on Spike TV's 1,001 ways to die. Just goes to show you that anything can happen at any given time. I hope that in due time, our questions will be answered.

Jonny Come Lately
03-10-2016, 06:10 PM
I have not posted in this thread until now because I simply did not know quite what to say. This is truly shocking and tragic. :( Such awful timing as well given that it was the day before his 70th birthday which ought to have been cause for celebration. My thoughts are with both families and I hope Randy gets the help and support he needs in the aftermath of these awful events.

LuvTim
03-10-2016, 06:16 PM
I have not posted in this thread until now because I simply did not know quite what to say. This is truly shocking and tragic. :( Such awful timing as well given that it was the day before his 70th birthday which ought to have been cause for celebration. My thoughts are with both families and I hope Randy gets the help and support he needs in the aftermath of these awful events.

Well said, JCL. My thoughts, too.

Christy1960
03-10-2016, 09:47 PM
I've been reading this thread since I learned of Lana's tragic death. I hope and pray Randy will get the help he needs and deserves. I have followed their relationship for a while now. I believe - and I hope - I am correct - that Randy had nothing to do with her death. There is a law known as karma - what goes around - comes around...To clarify - if anything good can come from this - perhaps this will be Randy's chance to get healthy with the support of his family and friends.

NightMistBlue
03-11-2016, 10:29 AM

That was extremely well said, Jonny.

maryc2130
03-11-2016, 12:22 PM
I agree. It's exactly the way I feel, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

chaim
03-11-2016, 01:44 PM
I think it sucks that nobody ever wrote about Randy before. And I'm sure tons of people considered Timothy an original member. And a lot of people who knew better didn't care. But since negative stuff started happening they have never failed to write about it and mention "THE ORIGINAL EAGLES BASSIST" or something like that.

DJ
03-11-2016, 04:04 PM
Thank goodness for CCTV or this man would have been thrown to the wolves. In the DV report, she did not want to press charges. Makes one wonder why if she truly felt in danger, which I am not in anyway saying she didn't, why not get him out of the home if he was threatening, or acting erratic as the article states. I just hope he gets better and tries to move one from all his problems. Blessings.
Still the best voice, talented bass player I have ever heard. Love and prayers to all his family.

Derk
03-11-2016, 04:28 PM
Maybe this has been mentioned already. Based on the news reports over the years, Randy had been treated poorly by her. I truly believe she had called earlier to make a set up call /justification call so when she took his life later and called 911 she could claim self defense, It turns out Randy ended up making that call. Very sad..... I'm just glad he wasn't hurt and has been cleared. It has been a very tough time for him over the years with her. I hope he can recover from all of it

NightMistBlue
03-11-2016, 04:41 PM
Or she may have been hiding the gun from Randy, to protect him from himself. We'll never know.

I too hope that Randy will recover and enjoy a new beginning. He's a wonderful man who's been through hell.

MaryCalifornia
03-11-2016, 06:15 PM
In the DV report, she did not want to press charges. Makes one wonder why if she truly felt in danger, which I am not in anyway saying she didn't, why not get him out of the home if he was threatening, or acting erratic as the article states.

Unfortunately, it is EXTREMELY common for victims of DV to recant, especially when the alleged abuser is present. This is a fundamental and expected element in the cycle of abuse, happens all the time. What you are proposing DJ - "why not get him out of the home" - is classic victim blaming. Randy appears to have recanted his 2010 allegations of abuse (he actually went so far as to file a restraining order) as well - again, very typical.

MaryCalifornia
03-12-2016, 12:36 AM
Here is part of the 911 call from Randy - sounds like the end of the call...

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/randy-meisner-911-call-wife-shooting-released-article-1.2561989

VillageGirl
03-12-2016, 03:00 AM
What a truly heinous event. May Lana RIP and Randy and her family try to find some comfort during this trying time. After what he witnessed, it will take quite some time to heal and process all of it. I do believe that with a solid support system and excellent, consistent therapy ( not just the usual trend of throwing pills down someone's throat that is often seen in psychiatry these days, although some medication will still likely be needed), he can overcome the PTSD in time and find a way out of this black cloud. Hopefully he stay away from the comment section of the news reports and Facebook postings as people can really be so vile and cruel. Like everyone here, my prayers go out to him and I wish him love and light.

Girl From Yesterday
03-12-2016, 03:17 AM
How heartbreaking !
I have read so many nasty posts and comments with people declaring they know he did it..I hope he never ventures onto the Internet .
People have him tried and convicted of being an abusive murdered...it makes my blood boil.
I have followed the stories through the years and while I did not live in their home I have formed some of my own opinions.
My son got into an abusive relationship and it's something that many do not comprehend...it's not always the man who is the abuser.
My heart is truly sick for him with this turn of events .He sounds so fragile ..
I hope he can recover from this and with the help of his family and friends who really care for him and have his best interest at heart make a new life for himself.
Oh... I just want to cry for him...

sodascouts
03-12-2016, 10:24 AM
Maybe this has been mentioned already. Based on the news reports over the years, Randy had been treated poorly by her. I truly believe she had called earlier to make a set up call /justification call so when she took his life later and called 911 she could claim self defense, It turns out Randy ended up making that call. Very sad..... I'm just glad he wasn't hurt and has been cleared. It has been a very tough time for him over the years with her. I hope he can recover from all of it

With CC footage everywhere, she could hardly hope to get away with such a thing. Just as we don't want to throw around accusations of Randy, we shouldn't throw them around about Lana either. I know there is a lot of bad feeling towards her on the Internet but when people like an earlier poster are saying she karmically deserved to get her head blown off... I find that kind of rhetoric very disturbing, frankly. Those are the kind of people I hope don't own guns themselves!

travlnman2
03-12-2016, 11:15 AM
I could not listen to that 911 call. His voice is soo sad and I couldn't listen any more my heartbreaks for hi.

03-12-2016, 03:05 PM
I believe most all of us on this board wish Randy the very best. I appreciate that even though we have varying perspectives here, for the most part, the discussion in this thread has remained civil and polite during such an emotionally charged time. Randy and Lana deserve nothing less from his fans.

I hope Randy can get 100% healthy again ...

And R.I.P. Lana.

randysgirl
03-12-2016, 04:19 PM
Well said Dreamer. I am sickened by the horrible comments on some sites by people who know nothing about Randy and probably did not know who he is until he began getting negative exposure in the press recently.
I noticed some articles have called him Ex Eagles bassist but others saying Eagles bassist which may get more attention because it leads to the belief that he is still with the band. Just an observation.

SilverAcidRayne
03-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Just... wow. I'm thinking of him. Daily

Outlawman13
03-13-2016, 11:25 PM
I am so saddened to hear about Randy's condition and his poor wife!! I have him in my thoughts!

Witchy Woman
03-14-2016, 11:50 PM
The Daily Mail is saying one of Lana's friends believes she was being threatened by someone. Who knows if you can take this seriously or not. This paper is rather tabloidish.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3491939/Eagles-bassist-s-wife-received-stream-threatening-texts-days-shot-bizarre-accident-home-told-friend-no-guns-house.html

Brooke
03-15-2016, 10:05 AM
The only thing I wonder about is who and why did someone put those spurs inside a gun case and position them so they would fall from the top? In my experience, my husband has a gun closet, standing guns are placed with the butt of the rifle on the floor with the barrel pointing up. How could spurs be in the top if it was standing like that? You would have thought they would have been placed in the bottom of it, by the butt and naturally on the floor. Very strange.

VillageGirl
03-15-2016, 05:46 PM
Well something just was posted a few hours ago on a Google Randy search that was titled something like ,"l'll get by with help from my friends but not from my kids." I apologize for being unable to link it, but I am trying to get used to this new tablet and every time I do, it brings me to the camera app. Ugh!

At least he is speaking and he does admit he needs help( who wouldn't?)

The whole situation is just so heartbreaking for everyone involved. No one wins. I am not really sure if in this whole situation that has escalated over the years there was 1 party 100% in the right or wrong, as there seldom is(unless frank murder was committed, which is looking not to be the case), but I am really not one to judge.

I wish Randy healing, loving thoughts as well as everyone else affected by this.

NightMistBlue
03-15-2016, 07:05 PM
That article you refer to is on TMZ. I don't know how to link to it with my phone but it's the first thing that comes up if you google his name.

VillageGirl
03-15-2016, 09:11 PM
Yes, that's it. Thank you. I wonder what TMZ's commenting rules are, as they seem to have none. I am always blown away by the things people comment on and think are funny...

sodascouts
03-15-2016, 09:37 PM
If you want to get depressed about humanity, read TMZ comments. Otherwise, avoid them like the plague!

LuvTim
03-15-2016, 09:43 PM
If you want to get depressed about humanity, read TMZ comments. Otherwise, avoid them like the plague!

No truer words were ever spoken.

VillageGirl
03-15-2016, 09:58 PM
Soda, I glimpsed at like 3 of the many up there and didn't know if I should puke or cry. What is wrong with people??? Even more, what is wrong with me, as I know better? :doh:

What's ironic is poor Randy probably wants to stay out of the spotlight as much as possible and then you have someone like Kim Kardashian posting nudie selfiesbecause she wants to remain the focus of attention. It's nuts!

NOLA
03-15-2016, 11:36 PM
Agree, Soda. Reading comments on TMZ is like trying to follow the plot of a very poorly written soap opera. Danger - train wreck ahead!

AlreadyGone95
03-16-2016, 12:00 AM
I decided to satisfy my own curiosity and read the comments on the article. They wouldn't load on my tablet, and maybe, that's a good thing.

I really hope that Randy is getting the help he needs. It's sad that his relationship with his children is the way that it is.

Brooke
03-16-2016, 10:25 AM
I wonder what happened for him and his children to be so at odds? Anyone know? (Marriage to Lana, possibly?)

Twiggy
03-16-2016, 02:13 PM
I wonder what happened for him and his children to be so at odds? Anyone know? (Marriage to Lana, possibly?)

Who knows - but they may have stood a better chance of a good relationship together if the ex-wife had let her ex-husband get on with his second marriage.

randysgirl
03-16-2016, 03:34 PM
The only thing I wonder about is who and why did someone put those spurs inside a gun case and position them so they would fall from the top? In my experience, my husband has a gun closet, standing guns are placed with the butt of the rifle on the floor with the barrel pointing up. How could spurs be in the top if it was standing like that? You would have thought they would have been placed in the bottom of it, by the butt and naturally on the floor. Very strange.

We don't know if the gun was standing or maybe on a shelf.
The police said that when Lana went to move the gun, the spurs slid along the gun and were heavy enough to cause it to fire. It depends on how she lifted it. I got the impression that the spurs were at the bottom. The gun was a antique rifle and some have speculated that the spurs could have been from the Desperado photo shoot.

av

sad-cafe
03-16-2016, 07:06 PM
I pray for Randy

as far as the gun storage, not everyone is gun smart when storing them. Also when people are searching for things, they are not always careful or gentle. Maybe she never gave a second thought about it.

When I am looking for things my mind is on what I am looking for and not all the things I have to look behind or around.

It sounds like it is just a careless horrible accident.

My thoughts and prayers are for all of the Meisner family.

I hate that sweet gentle Randy is spending his twilight years in such horrible circumstance

Twiggy
03-17-2016, 03:38 PM
I would not want to speculate about his personal life. It stirs the pot.

His ex-wife has been stirring the pot for years. His personal life could have remained private until it was put out there on any public forum available. What good has that done anyone? A broken man, a broken family and a dead wife.

Topkat
03-17-2016, 04:08 PM
There shouldn't have been a loaded gun in that house with the fighting between them, DV & cops called to the house many times & mental issues. For a gun to go off by accident, makes me wonder if she was reaching to get it???
This is so horrible. These two were obviously doing alcohol & drugs, something bad was bound to happen. I am so sorry that Randy is going through this. With his issues, it's going to be really difficult to get back to anywhere normal. I really hope his kids come to take care of him. Aren't children from his first wife? I know he was married while in the Eagles.

Freypower
03-17-2016, 05:35 PM
There shouldn't have been a loaded gun in that house with the fighting between them, DV & cops called to the house many times & mental issues. For a gun to go off by accident, makes me wonder if she was reaching to get it???
This is so horrible. These two were obviously doing alcohol & drugs, something bad was bound to happen. I am so sorry that Randy is going through this. With his issues, it's going to be really difficult to get back to anywhere normal. I really hope his kids come to take care of him. Aren't children from his first wife? I know he was married while in the Eagles.

His children were with his first wife Jennifer.

Girl From Yesterday
03-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Wow ! I read some of those comments on there and feel like I need a gallon or two of brain bleach !
It's such a sad situation for everyone involved and I'm hoping Randy can pull himself out of it and be better than he has been in a very long time.
Its definitely going to be a struggle for him and I hope he has the right people supporting him and that he is not taken advantage of . It is scary to think of his already made threats in the past of suicide . Hopefully the reality of all of this will make him realize that he does want to live and he finds the courage deep within himself to rebuild his life and live the rest of his years in some manner of peace.
I only hope that he and his children can come together and have some sort of an understanding that will help overcome some of the bad feelings that have colored their relationship over the years . I'd love to see him enjoying not only the love of his children ,but especially that of his beautiful grandchildren .
SIGH ....

VillageGirl
03-17-2016, 09:18 PM
I have to admit that after I heard about this awful tragedy, I was hoping that perhaps this may bring Randy closer to his children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren. Maybe it was just a selfish way to make myself feel better as if to say, " Well although this horrific event occurred, at least he is speaking with and allowing his kids to care for him."

I guess it isn't that easy, but I am still hoping that maybe one day, they can reconcile. Randy must feel very alone and his kids very hurt.

sodascouts
03-18-2016, 11:00 AM
You know, Jennifer and her kids are not my buddies, but I do hope he can reconcile with his kids and grandkids. It takes compromises on both sides, but I think it's worth the effort when it's your own children, even if they aren't behaving in a way you approve of. I hope he finds a way to forgive.

This should be none of our business but it seems the parties involved want us to know all about it!

Twiggy
03-18-2016, 12:53 PM
You know, Jennifer and her kids are not my buddies, but I do hope he can reconcile with his kids and grandkids. It takes compromises on both sides, but I think it's worth the effort when it's your own children, even if they aren't behaving in a way you approve of. I hope he finds a way to forgive.

This should be none of our business but it seems the parties involved want us to know all about it!

Wise words. He must feel betrayed by them. Plastering personal details about him all over social media for years. While supposed to be derogatory details about his then alive wife, who never fought back in public, it was him who lost his privacy and his dignity. Grooming somebody to pose as a friend of theirs to gain access to their home as a spy. Randy and his wife trusted that person.

Going to court to put him under a Conservatorship, separate him from his wife, and no matter how many denials there are to this, the court papers show they asked to be granted probate and it was refused.

Forgiveness could take a while.

Agree it isn't our business but it seems the parties involved want it to be our business and always have.

MaryCalifornia
03-18-2016, 01:06 PM
I definitely don't think Randy ever wanted anything public, it is unfortunate that when he gets involved in the court system or with law enforcement system the information becomes public. This whole situation could have legs if:
1) The conservatorship is contested and becomes court record; 2) the investigation into crazy gun/spurs situation reveals any new info; 3) if law enforcement does follow up on the threatening texts to Lana. Otherwise, if his family stays quiet, which I bet they will now that Lana is gone, we may never hear anything else again about him (as far as these sad events, I mean, not his music legacy)

Topkat
03-18-2016, 01:23 PM
I haven't really kept up with all the things going on with the court case & his children, however maybe they can find some peace together & reunite. It really depends of Randy's state of mind, which I'm sure right now is very fragile & if his kids are willing to step up & help their father. What a terrible ordeal. I feel so bad for Randy

Girl From Yesterday
03-18-2016, 01:47 PM
Ditto ... I am not friends or even casual acquaintances with any of the parties involved .
Merely a looooongtime fan of Randys who has read things over the years .
Not sure exactly what the truth is and likely lies somewhere in between what has been put out there over the years .
Randy has to be on a dark lonely path right now and i hope that somehow at the very least some sort of peace can be found between them . I know it pained me to see my son estranged from his father although his fathers actions due to his addictions were at the heart of it . My son talked a tough talk but i could see it hurt him as well .
Nowadays they have some sort of relationship that while isnt the best gives me peace of mind that my son wont end up with a huge pile of regret when his father passes . I also see my son have more self esteem as a result .
It took him accepting ( not approving ) his father for who he is and establishing boundaries with his father .
I dont know all the issues but i do hope that at least some sort of relationship can be worked out .
As in our case , it may not be ideal , and it may not work for everyone else , but i think you have to do what works for you . As tentative as it may be .
Whatever the truth of the issues may be i hope they can accomplish this .

Twiggy
03-18-2016, 02:05 PM
I definitely don't think Randy ever wanted anything public, it is unfortunate that when he gets involved in the court system or with law enforcement system the information becomes public. This whole situation could have legs if:
1) The conservatorship is contested and becomes court record; 2) the investigation into crazy gun/spurs situation reveals any new info; 3) if law enforcement does follow up on the threatening texts to Lana. Otherwise, if his family stays quiet, which I bet they will now that Lana is gone, we may never hear anything else again about him (as far as these sad events, I mean, not his music legacy)

A very logical and factual point of view. What does "The conservatorship is contested and becomes court record" mean please? That the current application for Conservatorship from his own choice of friends and advisors is contested so it has to go through the courts yet again? That Randy has to go through court hearings for a second time to determine his future? Or will he throw his hands up in submission and say he doesn't really care anymore.

The threatening texts! By the time Lana made those hysterical phone calls that were saved and posted on YouTube and remained there for over a year, wonder how many threatening texts she'd received to drive her to make those calls. The family got their way. Lana has gone.

Randy's voice, songs and music is his legacy.

MaryCalifornia
03-18-2016, 02:44 PM
If everyone (Randy, the former conservator, anyone else who has an interest) can all agree on what is going to happen, there wouldn't be hearings, just some papers filed and signed. If there's not agreement, it could go to a court hearing, like last time, which the media reported on.

It's important to understand it was not his choice of friends who were granted the conservatorship last time - Randy didn't want it. The premise of a conservatorship is that Randy is incapable of knowing what is best for himself. They may be able to work completely outside of the court to set him up safely, if everyone can agree.

Twiggy
03-18-2016, 03:25 PM
If everyone (Randy, the former conservator, anyone else who has an interest) can all agree on what is going to happen, there wouldn't be hearings, just some papers filed and signed. If there's not agreement, it could go to a court hearing, like last time, which the media reported on.

It's important to understand it was not his choice of friends who were granted the conservatorship last time - Randy didn't want it. The premise of a conservatorship is that Randy is incapable of knowing what is best for himself. They may be able to work completely outside of the court to set him up safely, if everyone can agree.

The court records from 2015/16 were available on request to the public. It was stated in the documents he wanted no contact with his children. Perhaps he'll change his mind now Lana is dead. Perhaps they can mediate and come to an agreement.

Perhaps his children can get on a plane, turn up, throw their arms wide open, hug him and say 'Hello Dad, we love you' That could melt his heart.

NightMistBlue
03-18-2016, 05:12 PM
The court records from 2015/16 were available on request to the public. It was stated in the documents he wanted no contact with his children. Perhaps he'll change his mind now Lana is dead.

Where in the documents from the conservatorship case did Randy say he didn't want contact with his children? I have several of the court transcripts but didn't see that.

Girl From Yesterday
03-18-2016, 06:52 PM
A very logical and factual point of view. What does "The conservatorship is contested and becomes court record" mean please? That the current application for Conservatorship from his own choice of friends and advisors is contested so it has to go through the courts yet again? That Randy has to go through court hearings for a second time to determine his future? Or will he throw his hands up in submission and say he doesn't really care anymore.

The threatening texts! By the time Lana made those hysterical phone calls that were saved and posted on YouTube and remained there for over a year, wonder how many threatening texts she'd received to drive her to make those calls. The family got their way. Lana has gone.

Randy's voice, songs and music is his legacy.

I never heard them...And why on earth were they on you tube ?

Girl From Yesterday
03-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Where in the documents from the conservatorship case did Randy say he didn't want contact with his children? I have several of the court transcripts but didn't see that.

I had never seen that anywhere either ...

VillageGirl
03-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Are these court documents something you have to pay for or free to the public? Just curious.

NightMistBlue
03-23-2016, 10:05 AM
You can look at the case summary for free if you have the case number. Each search for the case number is $1.

If you want transcripts of the hearing(s), that'll cost you more. The cost depends on if the court reporter has already transcribed the hearing, i.e. if she's had other requests for it. In my very limited experience, costs can run $20 - $50 per transcript.

Some documents are not available online in probate cases. For things such as witness statements, you have to physically show up at the appropriate L.A. courthouse and request to see the documents. I live clear across the country so that's not feasible for me. Plus, I have to draw the line somewhere :)

VillageGirl
03-26-2016, 06:01 PM
Thanks for answering! I just wasn't sure if these things were readily available online in PDF format or not. I wasn't about to go into Magnum P.I. mode and hunt down documents at courthouses :P
Hoping that no news in the press recently in good news. Praying for that :pray:

SilverAcidRayne
03-27-2016, 10:28 PM
Has anyone heard of how he's doing? I thought about him last night. and I heard nothing but eagles songs today on rotation in my Pandora. Losing someone that close together to someone else you cared a lot about does take a toll on you...

Girl From Yesterday
03-27-2016, 11:25 PM
Has anyone heard of how he's doing? I thought about him last night. and I heard nothing but eagles songs today on rotation in my Pandora. Losing someone that close together to someone else you cared a lot about does take a toll on you...

I've been wondering as well...I feel like a stalker cause I keep coming here to check and see if any news. Keep hoping to come here and see some happy news...
Such a sweetheart to be going through such a tragedy ...regardless of whatever past circumstances may truly be , ( and I don't know ) it's truly a heartbreaker .

Olivia
03-28-2016, 11:42 AM
I had never seen that anywhere either ...

Maybe this is what was meant. Talks about his estranged children:
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/15/eagles-randy-meisner-conservatorship/

DJ
03-28-2016, 02:00 PM
Unfortunately, it is EXTREMELY common for victims of DV to recant, especially when the alleged abuser is present. This is a fundamental and expected element in the cycle of abuse, happens all the time. What you are proposing DJ - "why not get him out of the home" - is classic victim blaming. Randy appears to have recanted his 2010 allegations of abuse (he actually went so far as to file a restraining order) as well - again, very typical.

MC, I understand what you mean. They both had obvious problems. It is a very sad situation with domestic violence. I think what I was trying to say with "get him out of the home" was to protect both parties involved. It's just a very bad situation that turned tragic. I heard the 911 call, it was very sad. He was depended upon her and she was on him, After 20+ years. As they say oil and water never mix. And when drugs and alcohol are involved it's even worse. :sad:

SilverAcidRayne
03-28-2016, 02:30 PM
I've been wondering as well...I feel like a stalker cause I keep coming here to check and see if any news. Keep hoping to come here and see some happy news...
Such a sweetheart to be going through such a tragedy ...regardless of whatever past circumstances may truly be , ( and I don't know ) it's truly a heartbreaker .

I know. its horrible. I just hope the people that are taking care of him is doing exactly that. God only knows he can use as many friendly faces as he can find.

randysgirl
03-29-2016, 12:26 PM
I keep checking in here too. Checking various Randy fan sites. No one seems to have any new information. I hope Randy can get some peace in his life. Since 2013 he has had a string of difficult events. Sadly, sometimes bad events are the impetus for positive changes. I hope that is the case for Randy. I watched some early Eagles videos where he and Glenn are so young and slender, smiling...who could have ever predicted what was to befall them. One is gone and the other has been through hell. Hopefully better days ahead for Randy.

sodascouts
03-30-2016, 10:23 PM
That's all we can hope for. I know we're all hungry for news, myself included, but maybe it's best that Randy stays out of the spotlight right now.

NightMistBlue
03-31-2016, 09:03 AM
TMZ has a brief story today that James Newton, the self-described friend who filed for a conservatorship over Randy last year, is trying again.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/31/randy-meisner-conservator-alcohol-mental-illness/

DJ
03-31-2016, 04:26 PM
It's all just very sad, and lovely TMZ just has to keep a story going. I do not believe a word they say. It's a Rag web page worse then the Enquirer!!
I mean, who interviews someone in front of a dumpster and then asks those stupid questions, "you don't give your dog whiskey?" What kind of respectable journalist says something like that. Nope don't believe a word.:nope:

03-31-2016, 06:58 PM
Well DJ - I definitely agree with you that this is all very sad. However, I really can't lay the blame on TMZ for this. Granted they are known for their sensationalist journalism, but their reporting about Randy has been newsworthy, timely, and mostly accurate, IMO. To me, they're basically just reporting the events as they develop in this unfortunate saga with a minimum amount of spin. I guess some folks criticize them for reporting the story at all, but I do believe it is newsworthy.

MaryCalifornia
03-31-2016, 11:51 PM
It sounds like TMZ is going by what is filed with the court. They have refrained in all Randy articles from posting or linking to any actual court docs. It doesn't seem like they're trying to be salacious, just reporting what they have without making an effort to get the language from the actual pleadings. Frankly I don't think they're that interested in the story.

Funk 50
04-01-2016, 05:57 AM
I'm pleased to see James Newton's name crop up in the article. Randy may not see James as an ally but I'm sure some of the people that Randy trusts can see he is genuinely concerned about Randy's welfare and is not going to stand by and witness Randy deteriorating without trying to do something about it.

I'm thankful for TMZ. They're definitely the go-to place for un-rose- tinted-spectacles, Randy information.

I'm hoping that Randy, somehow, emerges from the mire.

NightMistBlue
04-01-2016, 09:16 AM
How could we have any way of knowing whether Mr. Newton "is genuinely concerned about Randy's welfare"? I certainly hope he is, but some have said Newton is a friend of Randy's ex-wife, not Randy himself, and her motives and methods ... to be diplomatic, are unclear.

I only hope that the situation is resolved for Randy's benefit, whatever that may be - only God knows people's motives and hearts.

I cannot imagine what Randy is going through. Court situations are very stressful for people who are in good health, but Randy is in a fragile state after the traumatic death of his wife.

Girl From Yesterday
04-01-2016, 10:47 AM
I also noticed that Lanas brother Jeff has commented that Randy is sober and has been for some time and that true friends with no ulterior motives are helping him.
He is , of course giving his "unbiased " opinion.
What a big mess for poor Randy to be stuck in the middle of.

NightMistBlue
04-01-2016, 11:27 AM
Where did you see Jeff's comment, GfY? I'd be interested to read it. Thanks.

P.S. I think you're referring to Jeff's FB post a few days after his sister died? He said, "Randy is in good hands and has many people supporting him that care a great deal about him and his welfare." He didn't say anything about Randy's sobriety.

Girl From Yesterday
04-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Where did you see Jeff's comment, GfY? I'd be interested to read it. Thanks.

P.S. I think you're referring to Jeff's FB post a few days after his sister died? He said, "Randy is in good hands and has many people supporting him that care a great deal about him and his welfare." He didn't say anything about Randy's sobriety.

It was one of the first comments under the
TMZ article this morning....Id link it but
Im sitting in the DMV and my phone wont let me !

Not a Facebook post ...

NightMistBlue
04-01-2016, 01:18 PM
I can't find it. Bummer.

Dawn
04-01-2016, 01:29 PM
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/31/randy-meisner-conservator-alcohol-mental-illness/#disqus_thread

It's in the comments section 2nd comment written by jeffrey beucler

NightMistBlue
04-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Thank you, Dawn

Dawn
04-01-2016, 01:38 PM
You're most welcome NMB. :smile:

NightMistBlue
04-01-2016, 02:00 PM
Jeff Beucler has posted a similar message under an article in the Inquisitr:

Randy has, in fact been sober for some time and does have impartial friends that he has known for decades and professionals that are looking out for his well-being and taking care of his needs. James Newton is not a friend of Randy's. He is a friend of Randy's ex Wife and children.

Girl From Yesterday
04-01-2016, 03:39 PM
I can't find it. Bummer.

I will find the link when i get home and post it !

Girl From Yesterday
04-01-2016, 03:40 PM
I will find the link when i get home and post it !

Oops
Sorry :-(

NightMistBlue
04-01-2016, 03:57 PM
No problem at all - we got there eventually :) Thank you for telling us about it.

Freypower
04-01-2016, 05:00 PM
Jeff Beucler has posted a similar message under an article in the Inquisitr:

Randy has, in fact been sober for some time and does have impartial friends that he has known for decades and professionals that are looking out for his well-being and taking care of his needs. James Newton is not a friend of Randy's. He is a friend of Randy's ex Wife and children.

If he has been sober for some time, how does that square with the account of Lana's death that had him wandering around in a drunken rage brandishing a gun, hence the 911 call?

I'm sorry, but I'm curious.

SilverAcidRayne
04-01-2016, 05:04 PM
see situations like this always has me skeptical. A friend of Randy's ex wife wants to try and get "conservator powers" over him if I have that right? if he was never friends with Randy why would he want to be going for this? I certainly don't have a good feeling about that... lol

NightMistBlue
04-01-2016, 05:19 PM
Things went Randy's way in court today, a judge granted a temporary conservatorship to Randy's friend Arthur Ford and an accountant. I hope Randy is on the path to healing. His quote made me so sad, "I'm in a lot of pain right now."

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2016/04/01/temporary-conservatorship-granted-over-eagles-co-founder-randy-meisner/

This NY Daily News article is much better, has additional details:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/eagles-randy-meisner-conservator-wife-death-article-1.2585652

SilverAcidRayne
04-01-2016, 05:40 PM
Things went Randy's way in court today, a judge granted a temporary conservatorship to Randy's friend Arthur Ford and an accountant. I hope Randy is on the path to healing. His quote made me so sad, "I'm in a lot of pain right now."

http://mynewsla.com/crime/2016/04/01/temporary-conservatorship-granted-over-eagles-co-founder-randy-meisner/

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/eagles-randy-meisner-conservator-wife-death-article-1.2585652

wow. just... wow. I hurt all over again.

Girl From Yesterday
04-01-2016, 08:57 PM
Just so incredibly sad ....
It really hits home with me today that money truly cannot buy happiness.
I have been stressing and bumming about a financial situation I am experiencing
At the moment ... But, we are all healthy and our family shares a lot of love ...oh we have our moments like anyone else lol....but ...
Here dear , sweet Randy who is not on good terms with his kids, has lost his wife, is not in the best of health and is hurting and full of guilt has I'm sure a cushy bank account and what good is it doing him ?

Life is certainly one big test sometimes ....jmo
I do hope and pray that he can find some sort of peace and tranquility in his life ..

buffyfan145
04-01-2016, 08:59 PM
I feel so bad for him. :(

Dawn
04-01-2016, 09:04 PM

Thanks for finding this update - I feel so badly for Randy. Healing takes time - with the help of people trained to meet his physical, mental, and emotional needs Randy can and will get there. It's a shame about his kids. But at the end of the day it's his call. I hope one day he and his kids find peace.

Girl From Yesterday
04-01-2016, 09:09 PM
My heart is hurting for him... I just hope and pray that the right decisions are being made for his well being . That's really all that matters at this point .
Love you Randy ...always and forever you shall be my favorite Eagle .

Girl From Yesterday
04-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Here's a CBS news report ....
It's pretty lengthy ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/court-battle-after-death-of-lana-meisner-wife-of-eagles-bassist-randy-meisner/

Dawn
04-01-2016, 10:53 PM
Here's a CBS news report ....
It's pretty lengthy ...

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/court-battle-after-death-of-lana-meisner-wife-of-eagles-bassist-randy-meisner/

Just finished reading the report - thanks for posting.

Not sure what to make of allegations about Lana it seems so unfair given she isn't here to defend herself. Hopefully the focus will center on Randy and doing what's best for him to ensure his safety and well being. The situation with his kids is sad really hoping in time there is a resolution that brings peace to Randy and his estranged children.

randysgirl
04-01-2016, 10:58 PM
I read this article and it is heartbreaking. It is lengthy but has some bits of new information. I feel for both Lana and Randy. There has been a tremendous outpouring of love for Randy on the various fan pages. So many people are pulling for him and praying for him.

NightMistBlue
04-02-2016, 11:16 AM
Thank you GfY for posting the CBS News article. I was going to refer to it in reference to Freypower's question of how Jeff Beucler's claim of Randy's sobriety square with his alleged behavior on the day of Lana's accident. Apparently she admitted to police that she lied about Randy brandishing a BB gun. The police report says something like an "apparently intoxicated" man, so who the hell knows.
I cannot emphasize enough that trying to get to the truth about anything in Randy's life is to venture down the proverbial rabbit hole.

I continue to hope and pray for Randy's well-being. It's encouraging to hear that he's trying to move forward with his life.

SilverAcidRayne
04-02-2016, 11:28 AM
man. this article scares me. some of the symptoms they described is eerily similar to what my mom was experiencing. and she was diagnosed with stage 3 Alzheimers. He may have the other disorders yes but they should look into that. And it's hard to believe the allegations about the wife, rest her soul... I just hope he is ok and he will be back to normal soon.

travlnman2
04-02-2016, 12:39 PM
I don't trust the allegations about Lana one bit. This james newton seems like someone who is in it for the money. Take a look at this video
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2olqlf

BOTH Randy and Lana looked completely shocked about the allegations especially randy watch him from 0:19 to 0:33. about the allegations/ I do not believe them. I am happy that Randy is able to pick who he wants to take care of him. At least the guy holding the camera was polite but he should find a different job. I believe this James Newton is over exaggerating these allegations.
We Love You Randy please get better.

Lifeofillusion
04-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Just read the CBS news article -- what a sad situation. So many different opinions on what's been happening with Randy, you really have to wonder what the true story is. I hope that whoever ends up appointed by the court to look out for his interests really has Randy's well being as their main concern.

04-02-2016, 02:00 PM
To me, the first step that must happen now is for Randy to get sober if he is mentally capable of doing so. I don't believe he will be able to permanently fix any of these other problems unless his mental health is restored if that is even possible. I sure hope so. I hope and pray that for the sake of all of them, he will be able to reconcile with his children. In the end that is what truly matters the most because I believe this is the only way Randy and his children will find true peace for themselves. My heart goes out to all of them.

Funk 50
04-02-2016, 06:05 PM
I've just read Erin Donahue's article for CBS News. It's a pretty extensive report.

Just a little quibble. I thought there was extensive video footage of the incident from CCTV cameras inside the house.

There was no surveillance video inside or outside the home, according to the source.

It takes me back to 2012 when there were rumours about the Eagles considering having former members involved in the History Of The Eagles tour. Bernie said he had signed up. Randy's wife said Randy wasn't up to it.
I sensed that there was something, not quite right and now I finally get the picture.

Irving called in the most eminent doctors to help Glenn, in a desperate attempt to save him, Randy has opted for a musician pal and his accountant. I hope it's the firststep on a road to recovery.
Joe Walsh says he survived addiction because he hit the bottom before he died. Hopefully Randy worst days are now behind him too.

This james newton seems like someone who is in it for the money
From all the articles I've read, James Newton seems to be the only person involved who hasn't any financial interest in the matter what-so-ever. That's why I'm, sorta on his side. :shrug:

travlnman2
04-02-2016, 06:11 PM
In that video Randy says. "They want me to die so they can get the money." Who do you think THEY is. So just by him saying that I think the claims are over exaggerated.
A snippet from the article
It's extremely rare for a person to request their own conservator, according to Howard Serbin, an Orange County, Calif. probate and elder law attorney. In California, conservatorships - called guardianships in other states - can be enacted to oversee the "person" or "estate" of someone who isn't able to make decisions regarding their own health care or finances.

Though odd, a conservatee's own request may hold sway with a judge, Serbin said. "A nomination by himself counts for a lot - if he's competent," Serbin said.

Also unusual, Serbin said, was one of Meisner's reasons for asking for his own conservator. Meisner said in the petition he was "increasingly anxious" that Newton or his children would attempt to contact him or file again for a conservatorship.
"
The proposed conservatee is worried this contact would impair his health, and hopes that requesting this conservatorship voluntarily will demonstrate to his children that he is being cared for in the hope they all stay at a distance while he grieves," the petition reads.

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 07:47 PM
In that video Randy says. "They want me to die so they can get the money." Who do you think THEY is. So just by him saying that I think the claims are over exaggerated.
A snippet from the article
It's extremely rare for a person to request their own conservator, according to Howard Serbin, an Orange County, Calif. probate and elder law attorney. In California, conservatorships - called guardianships in other states - can be enacted to oversee the "person" or "estate" of someone who isn't able to make decisions regarding their own health care or finances.

Though odd, a conservatee's own request may hold sway with a judge, Serbin said. "A nomination by himself counts for a lot - if he's competent," Serbin said.

Also unusual, Serbin said, was one of Meisner's reasons for asking for his own conservator. Meisner said in the petition he was "increasingly anxious" that Newton or his children would attempt to contact him or file again for a conservatorship.
"
The proposed conservatee is worried this contact would impair his health, and hopes that requesting this conservatorship voluntarily will demonstrate to his children that he is being cared for in the hope they all stay at a distance while he grieves," the petition reads.

Ooohhh boy...if this were my parent, and I truly was concerned about their well being, I dont ,think the conservatorship thing would put me at ease at all.in fact just the opposite...I would feel the need to see my parent with my own eyes, to talk to them and hug them ...but that's just me...
Seems there is no easy answer for anyone in all of this, and we as well wishing fans can only hope and pray ( if that's your thing ) that all works out in Randy's best interest .

travlnman2
04-02-2016, 07:56 PM
But did you see the part were it said Randy appointed his OWN conservators which means that he is lucid and is able to make is own decisions but he just wants help Why do these things always happen to good people:weep::weep:

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 08:23 PM
But did you see the part were it said Randy appointed his OWN conservators which means that he is lucid and is able to make is own decisions but he just wants help Why do these things always happen to good people:weep::weep:

I DID see it .. And I agree with bad things happening to good people ....
I just meant that as a child watching my parent ( estranged or not ) go through what he is going through, I would find it so incredibly hard to sit back and trust that all is well..or all will be well... I would feel the need to be there ...
Just a terribly sad situation all the way around...regardless of where the truths may lie...and I have no clue where that is.
Quite frankly , the more that is reported on the situation, the less we know it seems .
Hoping for brighter days for the Meisner family and extended families .

Freypower
04-02-2016, 08:24 PM
Thank you GfY for posting the CBS News article. I was going to refer to it in reference to Freypower's question of how Jeff Beucler's claim of Randy's sobriety square with his alleged behavior on the day of Lana's accident. Apparently she admitted to police that she lied about Randy brandishing a BB gun. The police report says something like an "apparently intoxicated" man, so who the hell knows.
I cannot emphasize enough that trying to get to the truth about anything in Randy's life is to venture down the proverbial rabbit hole.

I continue to hope and pray for Randy's well-being. It's encouraging to hear that he's trying to move forward with his life.

Point taken about the gun business, but sadly everything else I have read, including this latest article, does not suggest that Mr Meisner is sober.

travlnman2
04-02-2016, 08:26 PM
I DID see it .. And I agree with bad things happening to good people ....
I just meant that as a child watching my parent ( estranged or not ) go through what he is going through, I would find it so incredibly hard to sit back and trust that all is well..or all will be well... I would feel the need to be there ...
Just a terribly sad situation all the way around...regardless of where the truths may lie...and I have no clue where that is.
Quite frankly , the more that is reported on the situation, the less we know it seems .
Hoping for brighter days for the Meisner family and extended families .

I agree but this may have been going on for years. I would be the same. like Frey power I don't think Randy is sober but I do not agree with claims about Lana if you look at pictures they seem like a happy couple.

sodascouts
04-02-2016, 08:58 PM
Well, one thing is obvious. It wasn't just Lana's influence that was keeping Randy at odds with his kids. She's gone now and he still wants nothing to do with them.

So sad.

SilverAcidRayne
04-02-2016, 09:08 PM
i agree... if this were my parent I would be beside myself that I couldn't be there with and FOR him. but at the same time I would respect his wishes and leave him be until he is absolutely ready for me to see him. It doesn't mean he is shutting his kids out, it means he has to focus on HIM and getting thru this first. Maybe so he can be at least stable enough to even BE around his kids. This James Newton cat, I don't get very good vibes reading about him. And so if he has been around Randy for a while ok maybe he should care but if Randy chose his own people I think dude should step back and let the man just heal. he lost his best friend and now his wife. I think he is entitled to some kind of peace. :(

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 09:34 PM
I agree but this may have been going on for years. I would be the same. like Frey power I don't think Randy is sober but I do not agree with claims about Lana if you look at pictures they seem like a happy couple.

I do believe it has been going on for years , and sadly, I agree with y'all concerning his sobriety .
I have nothing to go on other than what is reported.
I spent the last 8 years of my married life with a man who had a substance abuse problem. In the beginning we went through cycles of him being clean and then him relapsing , repenting ....wash, rinse and repeat.
To everyone around us ( except the few who happened to witness bad incidents )
We appeared to be a loving couple and a lovely little family unit.And when he was in his "clean time " he was a wonderful, husband and father . I dared not say anything to anyone that would cast suspicion on him or put him in a bad light.
So much so that when the truth came out, many did not believe the sad truth , so just going from my own experiences I do know that the old adage of no one knows what goes on behind closed doors holds true . I always go back to the order of protection that Randy had against Lana a few years back.Abuse , especially mental abuse makes one do crazy things,,,I once lied to the police that my ex who I had a restraining order against was not at my home ( he was hiding behind the door and I was shaking in fear.) .not about lying to the police, but about what he would do to me if I ratted him out .
One tends to develop a sick dependence on their chemically messed up abuser .
Obviously, there were many issues there , she admitted she lied that he had a gun.I don't know, but it's been said that there was substance abuse on both sides, and that's never a good thing ! Not saying it's true, but if so that would explain a lot of the behavior on both sides.
It appears to me that perhaps this was a relationship with ups and downs like others , however, substance abuse takes these normal everyday issues to a whole other level.
Also, given that it appears as if the substance abuse is still a problem, perhaps that causes his children to question if he is truly able to make decisions that are in his best interest . I know that my ex was not in a state of mind, even when not using at the moment to make good decisions for himself .
So many questions...

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 09:37 PM
i agree... if this were my parent I would be beside myself that I couldn't be there with and FOR him. but at the same time I would respect his wishes and leave him be until he is absolutely ready for me to see him. It doesn't mean he is shutting his kids out, it means he has to focus on HIM and getting thru this first. Maybe so he can be at least stable enough to even BE around his kids. This James Newton cat, I don't get very good vibes reading about him. And so if he has been around Randy for a while ok maybe he should care but if Randy chose his own people I think dude should step back and let the man just heal. he lost his best friend and now his wife. I think he is entitled to some kind of peace. :(

I agree...I would have to respect my parents wishes....but it would be a heart wrenching thing to do.
And if one sits down and rationally thinks about it as you just did , it makes sense...as much sense as anything in this whole affair, but sometimes when one is in the middle of something you just can't see the forest for the trees...
Dear Lord, the man deserves some peace !

travlnman2
04-02-2016, 09:40 PM
I do believe it has been going on for years , and sadly, I agree with y'all concerning his sobriety .
I have nothing to go on other than what is reported.
I spent the last 8 years of my married life with a man who had a substance abuse problem. In the beginning we went through cycles of him being clean and then him relapsing , repenting ....wash, rinse and repeat.
To everyone around us ( except the few who happened to witness bad incidents )
We appeared to be a loving couple and a lovely little family unit.And when he was in his "clean time " he was a wonderful, husband and father . I dared not say anything to anyone that would cast suspicion on him or put him in a bad light.
So much so that when the truth came out, many did not believe the sad truth , so just going from my own experiences I do know that the old adage of no one knows what goes on behind closed doors holds true . I always go back to the order of protection that Randy had against Lana a few years back.Abuse , especially mental abuse makes one do crazy things,,,I once lied to the police that my ex who I had a restraining order against was not at my home ( he was hiding behind the door and I was shaking in fear.) .not about lying to the police, but about what he would do to me if I ratted him out .
One tends to develop a sick dependence on their chemically messed up abuser .
Obviously, there were many issues there , she admitted she lied that he had a gun.I don't know, but it's been said that there was substance abuse on both sides, and that's never a good thing ! Not saying it's true, but if so that would explain a lot of the behavior on both sides.
It appears to me that perhaps this was a relationship with ups and downs like others , however, substance abuse takes these normal everyday issues to a whole other level.
Also, given that it appears as if the substance abuse is still a problem, perhaps that causes his children to question if he is truly able to make decisions that are in his best interest . I know that my ex was not in a state of mind, even when not using at the moment to make good decisions for himself .
So many questions...

I think they truley loved each other. If you listen to Randy's 911 call you will here him tearfully say we have been married for so many years. Just by going b that sentence speaks loads.
I am so sorry about your ex. I think Randy is going through the exact something but Randy and Lana were eachothers world.:weep::weep:

travlnman2
04-02-2016, 09:43 PM
I wonder what Randy menat when he said "They Want Me To Die So They Can Have My Money")

SilverAcidRayne
04-02-2016, 09:43 PM
absolutely. we would never know what went on behind closed doors. i'm very happy he is of sound mind to AT LEAST be comfortable with who he chose to handle his affairs. my dream is to see him back on that stage doing what he loves.

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 09:44 PM
Well, one thing is obvious. It wasn't just Lana's influence that was keeping Randy at odds with his kids. She's gone now and he still wants nothing to do with them.

So sad.

Extremely sad, now is a time when family and some grandchildrens unconditional love would be a major plus !

One other thing I've learned about substance abuse is that the addict /alcoholic always resents the ones who are trying to keep,them from their drug of choice.
Not saying that is the issue with this family, but it's a possibility.
Hopefully, if he's not clean , he can clean himself up, have time to reflect and come to some sort of terms with his family ....for all their sakes....sobriety seems to make people re evaluate relationships.Again, that's IF he's not clean and sober now .

Freypower
04-02-2016, 09:44 PM
absolutely. we would never know what went on behind closed doors. i'm very happy he is of sound mind to AT LEAST be comfortable with who he chose to handle his affairs. my dream is to see him back on that stage doing what he loves.

I don't believe that will ever happen.

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 09:45 PM

Oh would that not be a glorious, triumphant day ?

SilverAcidRayne
04-02-2016, 09:45 PM

I know. :(

SilverAcidRayne
04-02-2016, 09:47 PM
Oh would that not be a glorious, triumphant day ?

it so would be. but wasn't he working on something though?

travlnman2
04-02-2016, 09:48 PM
Me Neither. At least a group photo with the rest of the remaining guys at the Kennedy Center Honors

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 09:48 PM
I wonder what Randy menat when he said "They Want Me To Die So They Can Have My Money")

I have two trains of thought ,
One... His kids really don't have his best interest at heart ...
Two.... He's been influenced to think they don't
(Remember the evaluation that said he is susceptible to being influenced and not always by those with his best interest at heart )

No clue what the truth of the matter is.

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 09:50 PM
Me Neither. At least a group photo with the rest of the remaining guys at the Kennedy Center Honors

Sadly, I agree with y'all.
But , hey ! We can dream !
Might as well dream big !
I'd love to see him recover enough to maybe be involved in the music industry in some small way , behind the scenes or something .
Everyone needs to have their self esteem boosted in some sort of way !

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 09:52 PM
it so would be. but wasn't he working on something though?

I think he was, just wonder if he could recover from this tragedy enough to continue.
Just such a musical icon that it is sad to think he may never be involved in that industry again .

SilverAcidRayne
04-02-2016, 10:02 PM
I think he was, just wonder if he could recover from this tragedy enough to continue.
Just such a musical icon that it is sad to think he may never be involved in that industry again .

correct. and it's so unfortunate. breaks my heart man.

Girl From Yesterday
04-02-2016, 10:08 PM
I think they truley loved each other. If you listen to Randy's 911 call you will here him tearfully say we have been married for so many years. Just by going b that sentence speaks loads.
I am so sorry about your ex. I think Randy is going through the exact something but Randy and Lana were eachothers world.:weep::weep:

And I agree , they were each other's world and he is surely heartbroken and totally lost right now, I just hope he can find the strength and willpower to find his way back .I thought my ex hung the moon, but the addiction was evil. I call it the devil.in my case I still had a son in high school that I had to get out of that situation and I had to step,up my game and go on for him.... I hope Randy can find that will to survive .
That phone call is a real heartbreaker !

MaryCalifornia
04-02-2016, 10:49 PM
The reason it is extremely rare for someone to petition the court to name a conservator for himself is because the entire concept of a conversatorship fundamentally assumes that the person is not competent. The nature of Randy's issues certainly lead one to believe he is not mentally competent. I can see why the judge might temporarily allow those two people to do it, but I have to think that at the hearing in May a neutral, 3rd party objective professional will be appointed. The person James Newton has been pushing for is an independent professional with decades of experience in this type of situation. She's not going to make Randy reconcile with his kids or change his will or whatever. She will make sure he has appropriate care. I actually think it was a real tactical error for him to request a conservator for himself, which reinforces my belief he may not be getting the best advice right now. He has the means to have the most sophisticated, powerful lawyers in LA and he should use them, not his buddies.

04-02-2016, 10:56 PM
The things I take from the CBS article is that the more we know, the less we understand AND that there are three sides to every story - there's yours and there's mine, and the cold, hard truth. (Thanks to Mr. Henley for all those prophetic words). It seems like everyone involved is to blame and everyone is a victim. Based on what information has been made public, I have no idea what or who to believe.

The only thing for certain is that none of us know the truth, and that probably extends to all of the parties involved. In light of this, I think its impossible to take sides. As I said before, my biggest hope is that Randy can heal and mend his relationship with his children. I don't think anything is more important than that. I wish the entire family the best in that regard.

Freypower
04-02-2016, 11:17 PM

Regarding this it has been a very long time since he has been in the music industry. He is effectively retired. He is 70. I don't know what all that 'new music' stuff was about but the information on it went very silent very quickly.

I don't know these people & I agree with Dreamer that it really is not possible to take sides.

Dawn
04-02-2016, 11:49 PM
Randy is in a world of hurt and his fans, friends, family and colleagues can't help but feel his pain and wish like hell they could do something/anything to help ease his pain.

At the moment I'm just trying to keep a positive attitude and have faith that whoever is looking out for Randy's interests is the right person to trust with making decisions relative to his health and finances.

I also feel for Lana's family and friends who are grieving the loss of someone they loved and cherished. They are hurting too.

Girl From Yesterday
04-03-2016, 12:08 AM
The reason it is extremely rare for someone to petition the court to name a conservator for himself is because the entire concept of a conversatorship fundamentally assumes that the person is not competent. The nature of Randy's issues certainly lead one to believe he is not mentally competent. I can see why the judge might temporarily allow those two people to do it, but I have to think that at the hearing in May a neutral, 3rd party objective professional will be appointed. The person James Newton has been pushing for is an independent professional with decades of experience in this type of situation. She's not going to make Randy reconcile with his kids or change his will or whatever. She will make sure he has appropriate care. I actually think it was a real tactical error for him to request a conservator for himself, which reinforces my belief he may not be getting the best advice right now. He has the means to have the most sophisticated, powerful lawyers in LA and he should use them, not his buddies.

Thank you for reinforcing my thoughts. I hope what you anticipate will happen.
Just hope nothing more tragic happens in the interim .

Girl From Yesterday
04-03-2016, 12:13 AM
The things I take from the CBS article is that the more we know, the less we understand AND that there are three sides to every story - there's yours and there's mine, and the cold, hard truth. (Thanks to Mr. Henley for all those prophetic words). It seems like everyone involved is to blame and everyone is a victim. Based on what information has been made public, I have no idea what or who to believe.

The only thing for certain is that none of us know the truth, and that probably extends to all of the parties involved. In light of this, I think its impossible to take sides. As I said before, my biggest hope is that Randy can heal and mend his relationship with his children. I don't think anything is more important than that. I wish the entire family the best in that regard.

Absolutely , totally agree...the truth usually lies in the middle.

Funk 50
04-03-2016, 10:00 AM
Regarding this it has been a very long time since he has been in the music industry. He is effectively retired. He is 70. I don't know what all that 'new music' stuff was about but the information on it went very silent very quickly.

I think playing music, at any level, has a therapeutic effect. I really hope Randy is encouraged to indulge his musical talent. Even if it doesn't involve the industry, I'm sure he'd reap some benefit.

I get the impression that Randy hasn't picked up a guitar in years but it's just a guess really.

Dawn
04-03-2016, 11:39 AM
I think playing music, at any level, has a therapeutic effect. I really hope Randy is encouraged to indulge his musical talent. Even if it doesn't involve the industry, I'm sure he'd reap some benefit.

I get the impression that Randy hasn't picked up a guitar in years but it's just a guess really.

I couldn't agree with you more about playing music - I wonder if Randy knows Brian Wilson who has overcome enormous difficulties and is still going strong/touring. Brian is just one example - I mention him because I've seen him in concert (50th anniversary) playing piano and while not in pitch perfect voice he looks and sounds pretty damn good!

I do have high hopes for Randy that he finds his joy in life and music again.

travlnman2
04-03-2016, 12:11 PM
man. this article scares me. some of the symptoms they described is eerily similar to what my mom was experiencing. and she was diagnosed with stage 3 Alzheimers. He may have the other disorders yes but they should look into that. And it's hard to believe the allegations about the wife, rest her soul... I just hope he is ok and he will be back to normal soon.

I know how you feel. My Grandmother had Alzheimers and had the same symptoms as you described. We lost her in 2014. I never even had a conversation with her. I may be only 17 but that experience changed my outlook on life

SilverAcidRayne
04-03-2016, 02:04 PM
I know how you feel. My Grandmother had Alzheimers and had the same symptoms as you described. We lost her in 2014. I never even had a conversation with her. I may be only 17 but that experience changed my outlook on life

same here, my mom left us in 2014. i'm very sorry. it's rough, and reading that article it kind of hit home a bit. She was also volatile and violent but we never knew why until it was too late. Randy could be saved from it god I hope so but it's so similar

Girl From Yesterday
04-03-2016, 02:46 PM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question...but I keep reading that Randy has "alcohol induced dementia "
Does anyone know is this a permanent type of dementia or can it be reversed ?
I'm guessing .,l and I could be wrong, but the brain injury that is described as due to trauma may be related to the choking incident when he likely was deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time .l.does anyone know any different ?

My heart goes out to those dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's.l.my mother had some dementia at the me of her life and it was heartbreaking .

It's just all so freaking sad ...life can be a bitch sometimes ...

SilverAcidRayne
04-03-2016, 03:28 PM
Forgive me if this is a stupid question...but I keep reading that Randy has "alcohol induced dementia "
Does anyone know is this a permanent type of dementia or can it be reversed ?
I'm guessing .,l and I could be wrong, but the brain injury that is described as due to trauma may be related to the choking incident when he likely was deprived of oxygen for an extended period of time .l.does anyone know any different ?

My heart goes out to those dealing with dementia and Alzheimer's.l.my mother had some dementia at the me of her life and it was heartbreaking .

It's just all so freaking sad ...life can be a bitch sometimes ...

that was the other thing too I kept seeing that he had a traumatic brain injury BUT it kept coming from those other people I believe. I didn't remember ever reading that he has a brain injury. i was actually going to ask you all here if you have. but yeah I think that could be caused from lack of oxygen.

NightMistBlue
04-03-2016, 04:46 PM
He had a traumatic brain injury from the choking accident in 2013, his brain was starved of oxygen for a time. People can recover from it - some completely, some not. Every case is unique. Randy reportedly spent 10 months in a rehab hospital and received physical and cognitive therapy.

Two of Randy's estranged relations claimed he had alcohol-induced dementia, sometimes these same people said he had Alzheimer's, then they said he was recovering his memory. I personally wouldn't believe a damn thing they say.

I got the sense that Randy requested a conservator to protect himself. He seems afraid of his family, or at least his ex, who is the one driving the legal actions.

SilverAcidRayne
04-03-2016, 07:54 PM
He had a traumatic brain injury from the choking accident in 2013, his brain was starved of oxygen for a time. People can recover from it - some completely, some not. Every case is unique. Randy reportedly spent 10 months in a rehab hospital and received physical and cognitive therapy.

Two of Randy's estranged relations claimed he had alcohol-induced dementia, sometimes these same people said he had Alzheimer's, then they said he was recovering his memory. I personally wouldn't believe a damn thing they say.

I got the sense that Randy requested a conservator to protect himself. He seems afraid of his family, or at least his ex, who is the one driving the legal actions.

yeah. we wont really know until he is well enough to talk about it. I go by that rule too. if it doesn't come from the horses mouth I wont believe a word.

sodascouts
04-03-2016, 08:04 PM
Yes, NMB, he pretty much said that:

"Also unusual, Serbin said, was one of Meisner's reasons for asking for his own conservator. Meisner said in the petition he was 'increasingly anxious' that Newton or his children would attempt to contact him or file again for a conservatorship."

It seems he hopes that if he has a conservator that he picks, he won't have to worry about his estate - really, his entire life - being controlled by someone he doesn't trust.

Again, it's a shame he feels he can't trust his own family. Maybe if they give him some time to heal from Lana's death, there might be hope for reconciliation and the rebuilding of trust. Even if this Newton guy is the most qualified person in the world, if Randy views him with suspicion and resentment, how can he really help Randy's mental health?

Lest I come off as hostile to the children, let me say that I do sincerely hope there comes a time when the Meisners can be a true family again. Blood is blood.

Girl From Yesterday
04-03-2016, 09:08 PM
that was the other thing too I kept seeing that he had a traumatic brain injury BUT it kept coming from those other people I believe. I didn't remember ever reading that he has a brain injury. i was actually going to ask you all here if you have. but yeah I think that could be caused from lack of oxygen.

Pretty sure I read it in the court documents or at least an article about them....sigh

Girl From Yesterday
04-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Yes, he pretty much said that:

"Also unusual, Serbin said, was one of Meisner's reasons for asking for his own conservator. Meisner said in the petition he was 'increasingly anxious' that Newton or his children would attempt to contact him or file again for a conservatorship."

It seems he hopes that if he has a conservator that he picks, he won't have to worry about his estate - really, his entire life - being controlled by someone he doesn't trust.

Again, it's a shame he feels he can't trust his own family. Maybe if they give him some time to heal from Lana's death, there might be hope for reconciliation and the rebuilding of trust. Even if this Newton guy is the most qualified person in the world, if Randy views him with suspicion and resentment, how can he really help Randy's mental health?

Lest I come off as hostile to the children, let me say that I do truly hope there comes a time when the Meisners can be a true family again. Blood is blood.

Agreed ... I'm a sap, cause I keep thinking of the joy grand and great grand children might bring him....but then again, maybe not ..l(shrugs)

randysgirl
04-04-2016, 04:29 AM
I agree with Soda and NMB's recent comments. Randy took preventative action in asking for help managing his medical and financial affairs. He seemed afraid of what the other side would do.
Lana's brother has vowed to tell what he knows of the story as he occasionally posts on a few fan sites. Her family has been kind to Randy.

Funk 50
04-04-2016, 04:37 AM

It's pretty obvious that Randy has requested his own conservator, to avoid getting lumbered with people he didn't trust, which is currently, just about everybody. The decision will be reassessed in a month or two, so the judge aint that confident in his choice but is willing to give them a go.

The CBS report, by Erin Donaghue; (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/court-battle-after-death-of-lana-meisner-wife-of-eagles-bassist-randy-meisner/) gives quite an extensive list of expert analysis of Randy's condition, alongside the comments made by family, friends and acquaintances, but even expert analysis can be conflicting and inaccurate.

It's an awful end for Lana but I believe she was an obstacle in Randy getting the help he needed over the last few years.

randy'sgirl, unlike Randy's children, I believe Lana's brother is on Randy's pay-roll. :hmm:

Twiggy
04-04-2016, 04:47 AM
And his 40% ex-wife isn't? His three adult kids aren't? Wonder who told you Lana's brother is!

lovejunker
04-04-2016, 11:37 AM
"I cannot emphasize enough that trying to get to the truth about anything in Randy's life is to venture down the proverbial rabbit hole" :crazy:
And THIS NMB, is the most straight up true thing I've read since I got down in this danged rabbit hole!

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 11:38 AM
My take and only my take ...mind you as with everyone else , all have to go on is what is reports and what is documented in court proceedings .
And by the way, I realize that my take matters not .

While I firmly believe that Randy thinks that he knows what is best for him, I also have my doubts ( and it pains me to think it ) that Randy is mentally stable enough to know what is best for him. I have not come to this conclusion from anything that has been said by either Randy's children ( ex included ),or Lanas family . I have read things from both sides that have put doubt in my mind and so I simply have to dismiss most of it.
Clearly there is or has been some substance abuse issues and some sort of brain injury involved that could leave a person in the not best frame of mind to always make the best decisions for their well being.
Addicts in general , ( and alcohol is a drug ) most of the time will tend to resent and be suspicious of those who are trying to get and keep them clean and sober, and will try to cut them out of their lives due to developing paranoid that these people are " out to get them "
I have no idea if that is the case here, but from what I have read and seen , it leaves a doubt in my mind if that is not the case to some extent .
I understand that Randy wants to make his own decisions and is against the court appointing a team to do so. To give up the freedom to make your own choices is not an easy thing to do.But m he has asked for help.
I have read and seen enough of people on both sides of the fence as to which side is the one who does not have good intentions that it scrambles ones brain to try to keep it all straight .Regardless of what is the truth of Randy's situation at this time, all that drama isn't going to help him one little bit.
That is why I am sitting here perched firmly on the fence , In am not so sure that with a history of alcohol and possibly drug abuse, brain injury and medical issues that Randy is capable of making decisions as to what is in his best interest and who to trust.
Maybe it just might be a good thing for the court to appoint a team of experienced and qualified professional ps who have no affiliation or allegiance with either Randy's kids or Lanas family and only are concerned that he get the medical and legal care that is in his best interest, and are not swayed by the "he said, she said" that has and is taking place.
Sometimes a fresh start with new people at the reins can be a good thing.
I know this is not a popular opinion, but it's mine and it seems to me that it may be the best option for Randy's best interest .

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 11:40 AM
"I cannot emphasize enough that trying to get to the truth about anything in Randy's life is to venture down the proverbial rabbit hole" :crazy:
And THIS NMB, is the most straight up true thing I've read since I got down in this danged rabbit hole!

Agreed...this is what lead me to the conclusion that an appointed neutral third party might not be such a bad idea ... Shrugs

NightMistBlue
04-04-2016, 12:17 PM
The thing is though - and I'm far from an expert in the field - but apparently there is a lot of financial abuse in the conservator situation. I'm speaking of professional "neutral" conservators appointed by the court. They're not neutral when it comes to preserving their gravy train.

There was an L.A. Times article about the situation that mentions Frumeh Labow - the person suggested for Randy last year. She works hand-in-hand with Dr. David Trader, the "psychiatric expert" hired to evaluate Randy. BTW, there was another psychiatrist who evaluated Randy, but he didn't come to the same conclusion that Randy is impaired.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-conserve13nov13-story.html

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 12:39 PM
The thing is though - and I'm far from an expert in the field - but apparently there is a lot of financial abuse in the conservator situation. I'm speaking of professional "neutral" conservators appointed by the court. They're not neutral when it comes to preserving their gravy train.

There was an L.A. Times article about the situation that mentions Frumeh Labow - the person suggested for Randy last year. She works hand-in-hand with Dr. David Trader, the "psychiatric expert" hired to evaluate Randy. BTW, there was another psychiatrist who evaluated Randy, but he didn't come to the same conclusion that Randy is impaired.
http://www.latimes.com/local/la-me-conserve13nov13-story.html

I do understand this and the financial issue is
A concern and it probably needs to be closely monitored by the
Courts .
Two different evaluations in my opinion
Make it even more pertinent that another neutral
Party evaluate him .
I would think that would be a safer plan than
Just picking one .
I would not like to be the judge in this case at all ... No winners here .

Edited to add that I am forming this opinion
Only because it appears obvious that someone
Will be appointed .
I am not in favor of a conservatorship unless
It can be deemed temporary and reversible
Ala Brittney Spears . I dont like the idea of it at all .

Olivia
04-04-2016, 12:44 PM
I have read quite a few things about Labow and there is alot written about the financial abuse in these situations. Labow has been written in articles about cleaning out her clients accounts. Overcharging for everything to pad their own pockets. Not saying just Labow but many conservatorships. That's why it's supposed to be an extreme last resort option.
Every expert is going to come to a different conclusion about a person's mental stability. If Randy asked for help, good for him. Family does not have to be blood relatives. Doesn't seem by the court case and articles posted that his own blood relatives have had much to do with him. Lana's family seems to have been very much there for him and Lana over the years, whereas I'm gathering from what Randy said about being worried that his children would get involved again, that's not a situation he wanted to go down again, as he did last year. No one can tell his mental state by reading a few TMZ articles

Girl From Yesterday
04-04-2016, 01:09 PM
I for one am appalled at how quickly a psycholigical
Evaluation can be completed in someone .
I really think it should take more than a few
Hours with someone to be able to turn around and
Label them .Seems to me it should be a process
That requires some time .

lovejunker
04-04-2016, 01:13 PM
This LA Times article on CA professional conservators makes my chest hurt. I think I will go double check my durable POA and such. Even if Randy's friends aren't necessarily "qualified", it seems like maybe this is a good move, best to go with the devil you know. Goodness though, who the heck knows!

Twiggy
04-04-2016, 01:17 PM

So it is.

lovejunker
04-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Why is there so little, or even any, information about Lana, early pics of them together, how they met etc.? It just isn't out there. Just curious.