PDA

View Full Version : New Don Henley BBC Interview 3-10-2016

Prettymaid
03-10-2016, 05:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03m5kbh?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_radio_2&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music

SoaringRockyMountainWay
03-10-2016, 07:03 PM
That was a nice interview but it crushed my Eagles hopes and dreams.....

Freypower
03-10-2016, 08:05 PM
That was a nice interview but it crushed my Eagles hopes and dreams.....

If you want to put it like that, but there were no more Eagles hopes & dreams, at least not for me, so they can't be crushed. They were crushed on January 18.

L101
03-10-2016, 08:17 PM
Nice interview but it's sad to hear that there will never be an Eagles concert again....
The HC full album tour would have been amazing!!
I heard Bruce Springsteen do 'Born in the USA' in full two years ago and it was fantastic.

I do wish Don would just say if he was planning on any other tour dates in Europe - the waiting is annoying and I can't really plan anything for the summer :scowl:

AftertheThrill
03-10-2016, 08:51 PM
If you want to put it like that, but there were no more Eagles hopes & dreams, at least not for me, so they can't be crushed. They were crushed on January 18.

My dreams were crushed that day as well but Don talking about plans for the HC based tour, took the crushed dreams and crushed them even more.

Christy1960
03-10-2016, 09:41 PM
Got a pre-sale for Henley very special experience in Dallas, TX 4/30-5/2. A package for two is only $3795!!! I can post the link if anybody is interested.

Here's the link:

http://www.runawaytours.com/store/index.php?l=product_list&c=8

If you have AMEX you can get tickets before Sat when they are on sale to the public!

sodascouts
03-10-2016, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the link. It sounds like no tribute concert is planned. :-(

NOLA
03-11-2016, 03:59 PM
In a way, I'm glad he said it. Gives us some closure and ends the speculation about future projects. There's no substitute for Glenn, and a lot of us already knew that in our hearts. In the past, Don said the band would end when Glenn made the call. It was made on 18 January. RIP, Eagles.😢

SoaringRockyMountainWay
03-11-2016, 11:03 PM
I think it's best that the Eagles don't continue on without Glenn but to hear one of my heroes, Don Henley, say that the Eagles are done, it kinda felt like my world was ending. When he said the Eagles had thought about doing another tour, it crushed me. I was hoping they would tour again and I was secretly saving money for it. I never wanted the concerts to end because they're just so good. But as Joe would say, its the best thing for the Eagles. I know it is but it's hard for me to accept. The Eagles are a huge part of my own little world and half of it collapsed when Glenn passed and the other half collapsed when Don said that.

Brooke
03-14-2016, 09:32 AM
He did say "I don't think", which leaves a small window......

But, imo, it's over, as it should be.