PDA

View Full Version : Finally joined!

VillageGirl
03-12-2016, 03:55 AM
Hi there!
Thanks so much for letting me join. I had been a guest for a few weeks and finally decided to sign up. After the passing of Glenn and all that has been going on with poor Randy, it's nice to come to a place to discuss my favorite group without having to worry about reading horrific comments as I have seen on FB, in the comments section of online news articles, etc.

I am 43 and grew up in Greenwich Village in NYC but have lived all over the place( currently right outside of Boston). I am an RN but have had some health problems that have recently kept me out of work:sad:

I have seen quite a few concerts but I am sad to say the Eagles was not one of them (my husband saw the HFO tour in Charleston before we met:jealous: ) I absolutely love them and can't remember a time when their music wasn't in my life.

I am not sure why, but Glenn Frey's death and all that is going on with Randy has really affected me. I kind of feel silly being so upset over this, but it breaks my heart. I try to appreciate the stuff my 10 year old listens to but I'm just not feeling it.

Looking forward to reading more posts!

UndertheWire
03-12-2016, 08:31 AM
Welcome, VillageGirl. This is a good and relatively safe place to be for Eagles fans. It also opens many doors into the history and back catalogue of the band and its members. Enjoy reading and posting.

Witchy Woman
03-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Welcome, VG !!

VillageGirl
03-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Thank you!

LuvTim
03-12-2016, 02:39 PM
Welcome from me, too, VG. :-)

Prettymaid
03-12-2016, 07:58 PM
I am not sure why, but Glenn Frey's death and all that is going on with Randy has really affected me. I kind of feel silly being so upset over this, but it breaks my heart.

Welcome VG.

Several years ago, when I posted regularly here on the board, I would occasionally say, "Someday all of my favorite artists will be gone." :( Of course it would be in the context of whatever the subject was, but even so, someone would reply in a joking fashion that I shouldn't say it, shouldn't even think it. But I did think about it off and on, and it would make me feel so sad.

I think Glenn Frey was the first of my favorites to go in this stage of my life, so not only am I mourning the loss of the man, but I'm also being hit with the reality that this is the beginning of the end for a lot of different things. That's why it feels like such a personal loss for many of us. We know that this is only the beginning.

WalshFan88
03-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Welcome.

VillageGirl
03-13-2016, 03:24 PM
Thanks guys for the warm welcome:D !

PrettyMaid, I think you may be on to something. It's odd. I grew up listening to Bowie as well and remember his videos on MTV playing constantly in 5th grade. I was sad and surprised to hear of his death, but not in the same way Glenn's passing hit me.

Bowie's death was on every news station, media outlet available. I found out about Glenn's death just by randomly clicking on something as I was about to log into my email and was just shocked and felt really alone, like, " Am I the only one that really cares about this?" I honestly thought it was a hoax at first.

Well, obviously from this site I am not alone and there are plenty of Eagles fans to keep me company.

Thanks again.

NOLA
03-14-2016, 09:23 AM
Welcome and enjoy. You're in good company here. :)

Brooke
03-14-2016, 11:51 AM
Welcome from me, too, VG!

I've been here for a while and thought the news of Glenn's passing was just a hoax too, only to find out it was true. This site was down due to overwhelming traffic, but I read the news elsewhere and I realized it was a an unbelievable reality. Such a sad day. Sounds like you will fit in just fine here!

Enjoy looking around!

OntheBorder74
03-20-2016, 08:42 PM
Welcome VG, Youre right this forum is a lot nicer than your typical internet comments sections

DJ
03-21-2016, 09:02 PM
Welcome VG- Enjoy

VillageGirl
03-22-2016, 08:58 AM
This site is terrific! You all do such a great job. Prior to joining, I never really listened to much of their stuff 1994 onwards but you have inspired me to do so. Again, thanks for the warm welcome :)