PDA

View Full Version : Eagles archives / past tour dates question

br54knight
11-13-2007, 11:19 PM
Hello Eagles fans. I've only been lucky enough to see the band live once & sadly that was over twelve years ago. The show was originally scheduled for August 28, 1994 but was postponed a time or two & the actual show date is what I'm in search of. I thought my mother or I one wrote the rescheduled date on the back of our tickets but if we did it must have been with invisible ink because we've both recently tracked down the stubs & there's nothing on them.

I thought for sure the Eagles would have some sort of "archive" or "past tour dates" website set up somewhere online but if they do I'm not having much luck finding it. So, I hope it's OK that I came here for assistance? I did a few quick searches here on the board for "Knoxville" & a few other phrases I thought might lead me to what I’m looking for but got no familiar returns, so I thought I'd just start this thread.

If anyone happens to know the exact date the Eagles played Knoxville on the Hell Freezes Over Tour, I sure would appreciate a reply. I think it was somewhere between January 21, 1995 & March 3rd, 1995 but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks for your time & I hope 2007 is wrapping up nicely for you all.

~ br

The Eagles
?? ??, 1995 @ Thompson-Boling Arena; Knoxville, TN
*rescheduled from 08.28.94

sodascouts
11-13-2007, 11:33 PM
This site (http://www.eaglesfans.com/band/livehfo.htm) states that it was January 31, 1995. Hope that helps. :)

br54knight
11-13-2007, 11:43 PM
EXCELLENT! I knew there had to be an Eagles archives website out there somewhere. I really appreciate your help SodaScouts. Thank you!

~ br

sodascouts
11-13-2007, 11:51 PM
No sweat! ;)

Ive always been a dreamer
11-13-2007, 11:59 PM
Welcome br54 - You are so lucky to have seen a HFO show live. One of my biggest regrets as a fan is that I was never able to see them on that tour. Oh well - I'll just keep trying to make up for it now! :D Glad you found us and hope you enjoy yourself on The Border.

br54knight
11-14-2007, 12:17 AM
Thank you for the kind welcome. My mom saw the Eagles live many times back in the 70's but I didn't get to see them until '95 - & it was one of the best shows I'd ever seen! They were back in Knoxville in the summer of '02 but sadly I had to miss it because the year before I decided to go into business for myself & couldn't afford to 1) buy the tickets or 2) afford to close my store early to go to the show. Maybe they'll be back through here on the next tour. :pray:

~ br

Maleah
11-14-2007, 12:25 AM
Welcome to the board br! Glad to have you!

The Eagles were up here in ND for both the HFO and the F1 tour and I missed them both :? So I'm very jealous! :D ;)

sodascouts
11-14-2007, 12:30 AM
I'm jealous, too. Back then I was only a casual fan, with nothing more than a Hell Freezes Over cassette tape in my music collection representing the Eagles. I was also in college and a little strapped for cash myself, even if I did want to go! Now, when I see the bootlegs, I REALLY wish I had known what I was missing and had made the effort to go.

Glennsallnighter
11-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Welcome to the board br. I hope you get to see the Eagles again on their next tour. You were lucky to see the HFO tour. I saw them live on 11 June last year (is that only when it was?) in my home town, Dublin, Ireland. They made quite an impression on me (Well Glenn :heart: Frey did anyway :wink: ) and I sincerely hope they come here on their next tour.
Enjoy yourself on the 'Border' and have fun.

Mrs Frey
11-14-2007, 06:43 AM
Welcome to the Border, BR! :yay: :D How great that you have joined us, and I hope you will enjoy yourself here with us.

It must have been fantastic for your mom to have seen the boys so many times in the '70s, and for you to have seen them on the HFO tour. How I hunger to see The Eagles live in concert just once. They have never been to South Africa, and with talks of another tour in 2008, I am hoping that they will include South Africa (and particularly Cape Town!) on their itinerary!

Freypower
11-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Welcome, BR.

I saw them on the HFO tour in Sydney on November 26, 1995, a year later than scheduled because Glenn Frey's health problems delayed the tour. Still one of only three shows I've seen at the Sydney Cricket Ground (the others were the Rolling Stones and the Bee Gees).

Brooke
11-15-2007, 12:56 PM
Welcome to the Border, br! Glad to have ya!

I saw the Eagles back in the mid 70's once. Can't remember much about that other than that they were good! :wink: I also saw them twice and Don Henley solo once in this century! Those were fantastic concerts! :D

rcknalwys
11-16-2007, 11:02 AM
Welcome br54, hope you get to see the guys when/if they tour for the LROOE cd. I've been lucky enough to see them 4 times, both the Vegas concerts at the end of 1999, when they played the American Airline's opening in Dallas and once in Oklahoma several years back. I grew up in Sacramento California and remember the New Breed, Timothy's group from way back. Gee, that makes me feel old!

BTW, I'm in Tennessee, are you still here also?

glenneaglesfan
11-17-2007, 05:39 AM
Welcome from me too, br54. I saw the Eagles three times last summer, and really hope they'll come back over here again soon.

DonFan
11-17-2007, 08:46 AM
Welcome, br54knight! Hope you enjoy it here!