PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Melbourne Australia

jane02
03-22-2016, 05:57 PM
I have been an Eagles fan since I was a teenager and first heard them on the radio on the way to school. I have been hooked ever since.
I have been extremely fortunate to see Eagles live in concert four times in recent years. I enjoy other music but the Eagles have been my favourite band for four decades.
Glenn Frey was always my favourite - those smouldering good looks and lay back manner. I loved the lyrics to his music and the fact he loved his wife and family so much.
When he passed away in January, I was devastated. I felt like I had lost someone very close to me, who had shared my growing up years and helped me through them.
I have been grieving quietly on my own but so happy to have found this forum so I do not feel so alone now.
The information and knowledge that you all bring to this forum is amazing.
Thanks for letting me join you all.

WalshFan88
03-22-2016, 06:04 PM
Welcome!

TequilaSunrise82
03-22-2016, 06:34 PM
Jane you mention something that you do not hear too often when describing a famous musician but I cannot agree more with - the fact that Glenn loved his family. I have always said that along with his amazing voice and talent for songwriting, the truly remarkable thing about Glenn was how he ended up fairly "normal." Forming a band of the Eagles caliber in his early 20s and then spending that decade of his life touring, partying, etc. but not letting the fame/drugs get to him like so many others did. Then coming out of the band and developing a successful solo career. And then getting married, having children and being a family man. I think it's why I admire(d) him as much as I do. Some may say having a family and being a stand-up guy isn't something special but for me, it made Glenn seem like someone I could know in real life and maybe it's one of the reasons his loss has hit me (and many others) so hard.

Prettymaid
03-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Welcome Jane. I'm glad you found your way here. You are with like-minded people.

VillageGirl
03-22-2016, 07:08 PM
Welcome and enjoy :)

LuvTim
03-22-2016, 07:43 PM
Welcome from me, too. :-)

jane02
03-22-2016, 11:47 PM
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome.

Witchy Woman
03-22-2016, 11:52 PM
Welcome, Jane !!

AlreadyGone95
03-23-2016, 01:53 AM
Welcome to the Border.

NOLA
03-23-2016, 08:43 AM
Welcome from me, too. :)

buffyfan145
03-23-2016, 10:30 AM
Welcome Jane!!! :D I agree with Tequila's post too and that was one of reasons I loved Glenn too. I grew up on their music (as my parents were fans) but as I got older and they reunited in the 90s I just gravitated towards Glenn.

Brooke
03-23-2016, 01:08 PM
Welcome to the Border Jane! It sounds like you will love it here, so enjoy!

Freypower
03-23-2016, 06:07 PM
I have been an Eagles fan since I was a teenager and first heard them on the radio on the way to school. I have been hooked ever since.
I have been extremely fortunate to see Eagles live in concert four times in recent years. I enjoy other music but the Eagles have been my favourite band for four decades.
Glenn Frey was always my favourite - those smouldering good looks and lay back manner. I loved the lyrics to his music and the fact he loved his wife and family so much.
When he passed away in January, I was devastated. I felt like I had lost someone very close to me, who had shared my growing up years and helped me through them.
I have been grieving quietly on my own but so happy to have found this forum so I do not feel so alone now.
The information and knowledge that you all bring to this forum is amazing.
Thanks for letting me join you all.

Hi from Sydney, Jane. Your semtiments are lovely.

I saw Glenn at the Palais Theatre in 2013. I also went to one of the Farewell One shows at Rod Laver Arena in 2004.

jane02
03-30-2016, 05:58 AM
Thanks again everyone for such a warm welcome. I am finding great comfort in the Eagles music especially at the moment as my mum is terminally ill.
At the age of 77 she is enjoying their music and is comforted by many of the songs - I tend to play her the more peaceful tracks when she is not feeling great.
"Peaceful easy feeling" is her favourite at the moment.