PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Appearances

Perfect Little Sister
11-14-2007, 04:19 PM
Just found this on the official Eagles site.

APPEARANCES

November 16, 2007 – Later w/ Jools Holland (tv)

Don Henley on Later w/ Jools Holland will air in the UK.

November 25, 2007 – Johnnie Walker (radio)

Don Henley will be on the Johnnie Walker radio show on BBC2 in the UK.

sodascouts
11-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Ooh, thanks! :: marking calendar ::

Mrs Frey
11-15-2007, 06:18 AM
Oh, PLS, how I wish I could tune into those shows! :cry:

Perfect Little Sister
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Here's another off the official site.

November 25, 2007 – 60 Minutes (CBS)

Eagles' interview with Steve Kroft

glenneaglesfan
11-15-2007, 06:20 PM
That's cool, Df. I'll try and record the Jools Holland show. I've grasped the recording from Skybox to dvd in the last week, so, barring husband's intervention, I hope to record this.

sodascouts
11-16-2007, 05:16 PM
Two more, according to the official site:

November 17, 2007 – CNN's "Pop Life"
Eagles featured on CNN'S "POP LIFE" Friday, November 17, 2007. (air times vary)

November 19, 2007 – CNN Headline News
Eagles featured in the "Soundcheck" Segment Sunday, November 19, 2007. The segment usually airs at 24 and 54 minutes past the hour between 1-6pm EST.

DonFan
11-16-2007, 07:10 PM
Today, Friday, is the 16th, not the 17th...do you think they will be on tomorrow? Soda, I hope you or someone can tape CNN this weekend and catch their appearances for those of us who won't be home to watch them....please?
I am going to Atlanta tomorrow to see Sting and The Police. :rockguitar: Woo-hoo!

Edited to add: I just saw Don's interview on the Showbiz Today site. When I linked to the print interview, I didn't realize it had the actual video link up already. Loved the comment from the interviewer about getting Don his cane. :roll:

EasyFeeling
11-17-2007, 05:52 AM
Have fun at the concert, DF. :) Let us know about it.

DonFan
11-19-2007, 04:45 PM
CBS News has a great clip of the guys' upcoming appearance on 60 Minutes:

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?id=3522073n&channel=/sections/60minutes/videoplayer3415.shtml

sodascouts
11-19-2007, 06:09 PM
Wow. This looks like it's going to be a great interview!

Molly
11-19-2007, 07:55 PM
I'm really looking forward to this interview! Hopefully, the preceding football game won't run into overtime!

tbsfan
11-19-2007, 08:23 PM
I'm really looking forward to this interview! Hopefully, the preceding football game won't run into overtime!
CBS usually broadcasts all their Sunday night shows in their entirety, no matter how long the late football game lasts, so you probably just need to set your VCR/DVR/Tivo/whatever accordingly.

EasyFeeling
11-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Wow, this a great preview of the interview. Too bad I'm not able to watch it. :(

Brooke
11-20-2007, 12:53 PM
I couldn't get the link to work. I click on play and it stays stuck on Glenn's face. Which isn't bad, but...... :lol:

Claire
11-20-2007, 01:57 PM
I can't see the preview, it kills me :sigh:
But from what you say about it, it sounds like this interview should be a great one! Hope it will be available later on the net for people outside the US. (and hope my computer will run better in that case...)

Brooke
11-20-2007, 02:51 PM
I finally got it to work!

Now I finally know why they are continuing to tour and make albums! Don said "they are addicted to our love"! Well, he really said that it was addicting when 50,000 fans stood up and cheered, but that was my interpretation. :lol:

DonFan
11-20-2007, 03:54 PM
Now I finally know why they are continuing to tour and make albums! Don said "they are addicted to our love"!

The feeling is mutual. :heart:

sodascouts
11-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I love that interpretation! Anyone willing to provide a love fix for these gentleman? ;)

Brooke
11-20-2007, 05:31 PM
:partytime: Haha! Do we have a stampede smiley?

glenneaglesfan
11-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the link, Df. I've just watched the intro. It's a brilliant interview. I know I shouldn't say this, but Don and Glenn look terrific, and it should be an excellent interview.

Glennsallnighter
11-20-2007, 07:59 PM
I love that interpretation! Anyone willing to provide a love fix for these gentleman? ;)

DEFINITELY!!!

Freypower
11-20-2007, 10:25 PM

Naaah.

:wink:

I couldn't watch it either but the still shot of Mr Frey was worth the price of admission.

Claire
11-21-2007, 01:28 PM
I finally got the video... They're amazing, what more can I say?
And I love your interpretation too Brooke :D

Freypower
11-21-2007, 09:19 PM
There you go. I managed to watch it. They looked/sounded wonderful. I hope 60 Minutes Australia shows it.

Mrs Frey
11-22-2007, 02:25 AM

I love your interpretation too, Brooke! As for your question, Soda, does the following answer it? :iloveyou: :heart: :makeout: (that last emoticon is for Glenn :heart:)

Sorry, I'm in a very amorous mood. I've just watched the "60 Minutes" preview (thanks so much for the link, DF! :hug:), and I'm floating right now. That arrangement for "No More Walks In The Wood" (the first time I've heard the song - woo hoo hoo!) tugged at my heart strings, and I loved seeing them sit together in the half moon, just singing. Wow. As for Glenn :heart: and Don - all I can say is "Oh, my word". They're so lovely, and GOSH, Glenn :heart: is SO handsome! FP and Brooke, I'm with you regarding that still of Glenn :heart: before the video runs! :smitten:

Claire, it kills me too that I won't be able to see the entire interview! :cry:

One more thing: Don, we love you too, Sweetheart - all of you and your music is addictive to us too! 8) (It's great to see Don so positive and saying such lovely things about the others - I really enjoyed the bit about his only being able to sound this way with "these guys". COOL!)

Glennsallnighter
11-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I couldn't get the link to work. I click on play and it stays stuck on Glenn's face. Which isn't bad, but...... :lol:

That happened me too! And I agree, it wasn't bad at all :inlove: (Thanks MF, wasn't that the pic you sent me earlier today?)

I clicked in the corresponding video on the right hand side of the screen and it worked for me then.

Yep, should be a great interview.

tbs fanatic
11-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Sounds like a great interview. Will definitely be taping it. Hope Joe and Tim get to speak too.

glenneaglesfan
11-24-2007, 05:24 PM
Please, somebody record this. It looks awesome. I have CNN on my skybox but I haven't found 60 minutes yet.

sodascouts
11-24-2007, 05:26 PM
Please, somebody record this. It looks awesome. I have CNN on my skybox but I haven't found 60 minutes yet.

i'll record it!

tbsfan
11-24-2007, 05:27 PM
Unless CNN Worldwide shows CBS programming, you won't be finding 60 Minutes there. However, if I'm not mistaken the show usually puts its features up online after the broadcast.

tbs fanatic
11-26-2007, 10:42 AM
Well did you watch it? I finally did, after having a fit because the stupid football game was on during the 60 Minutes timeslot, thankfully they still showed it. Thought it was great. Not long enough and Tim and Joe didn't talk enough for me but still great.

eagleshenleyfan
11-27-2007, 06:16 PM
I would really like to see this, however I don't think I'll be able to see it anywhere in the UK :( So I just had to make do with the 'preview' clips on the CBS website.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml

sodascouts
11-27-2007, 06:55 PM
I would really like to see this, however I don't think I'll be able to see it anywhere in the UK :( So I just had to make do with the 'preview' clips on the CBS website.

http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/60minutes/main3415.shtml

At least they put a few up!

There segment is up in poor quality on YouTube:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613

Maleah
11-27-2007, 07:18 PM
Well did you watch it? I finally did, after having a fit because the stupid football game was on during the 60 Minutes timeslot, thankfully they still showed it. Thought it was great. Not long enough and Tim and Joe didn't talk enough for me but still great.

It was actually kinda funny during the game because after they announced "60 minutes coming up next with a rare interview with the Eagles," both announcers declared their love for the Eagles and "Hotel California" :lol:

Mrs Frey
11-28-2007, 07:27 AM
That's cool, Maleah! Wouldn't it be great if we all could declare our love for The Eagles on TV! :twisted:

Maleah
11-28-2007, 09:35 AM
absolutely! :D

Molly
11-28-2007, 06:34 PM

It was actually kinda funny during the game because after they announced "60 minutes coming up next with a rare interview with the Eagles," both announcers declared their love for the Eagles and "Hotel California" :lol:

That was pretty much the only intelligent thing those announcers (Greg Gumbel and Dan Dierdorf) said through the entire game! Ugh!

Perfect Little Sister
12-13-2007, 04:43 PM
This went up on the official Eagles site today.

December 13, 2007 – Glenn Frey & Joe Walsh co-host the Country Countdown USA

Glenn Frey & Joe Walsh co-host the Lon Helton's Country Countdown USA this weekend (15th & 16th). It airs on about 250 radio stations across the country. Listen for it in your area!
http://www.countrycountdownusa.com/Upcoming_Co-Hosts.php for more info.

Glennsallnighter
12-13-2007, 06:38 PM
Thanks for the link PLS. Unlikely I'll get it here but I'll try. What time is it on at?

Perfect Little Sister
12-13-2007, 08:58 PM
Here's the page to find a station in your area.

http://www.westwoodone.com/stationfinder?programID=327&state

sodascouts
12-13-2007, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the heads-up, PLS. Hopefully somebody can listen to it - I'll be in Chicago entertaining family.

glenneaglesfan
12-14-2007, 11:18 AM
Is there any chance one of you could record this for us non-Americans? I'd love to hear what Joe and Glenn have to say.

tbs fanatic
12-14-2007, 12:18 PM
In my area it is on at 7:00 a.m. :shock: I'll see if I can pull my head together enough at that early hour to listen.

glenneaglesfan
12-18-2007, 04:16 AM
This is an interesting speculation.

The Eagles are landing
[Published: Sunday 16, December 2007 - 10:41]

One Of These Nights is set to provide a treat for fans of reunited rock superstars The Eagles (left) in 2008.

For the Hotel California hitmakers are being tipped to play at least one major outdoor show in Ireland next year.

The band - Don Henley, Glenn Frey, Joe Walsh and Timothy B Schmitt - is a particular favourite with gig-goers in Ulster and the Republic.

The Eagles played a memorable Stormont concert in June 2001 and two sold-out shows at Lansdowne Road in June 2006.

The foursome is currently enjoying astonishing sales success with their first studio album in 28 years - Long Road Out Of Eden. The double album rocketed to the top of the charts in nine countries, including the UK, Australia and Germany and has shifted more than 1.75m copies in the US alone.

Sunday Life understands that concert promoters in Ireland have already made inquiries about the possibility of luring The Eagles back for at least one show in 2008.

Said a source: "I know for definite that the promoters are trying to line The Eagles up for one concert or more next year.

"It is likely to be Dublin, but you can't rule Belfast out, either."

jmcgurk@belfasttelegraph.co.uk

http://www.sundaylife.co.uk/news/article3255873.ece

EasyFeeling
12-18-2007, 04:55 AM
Thanks for this info, GEF. That would be great! Does that mean they will probably do a little European tour? :hmm: A while ago I've read Austria made a request to the band, too.

Glennsallnighter
12-18-2007, 06:06 AM
About 6 weeks ago there was high hopes of the Eagles playing Croke Park on the June Bank Holiday weekend (31May - 2 June) It was being publicised big on Country mix. I looked into the official site and also ticket master. Nothing. Subsequently Celine Dion was announced as the act that weekend. Lansdowne is being redeveloped so that is out as a venue. Hopefully they'll make Croke Park later in the summer.

glenneaglesfan
12-19-2007, 07:46 AM
I don't think we should get our hopes up too high. I just can't really see them coming back to Europe so soon after the last tour, especially as they have stated that they have no plans to tour. However, they did do that one-off show in London, so who knows?

Glennsallnighter
12-20-2007, 05:21 AM
My head says you're right GEF! After all we were pretty much the end of the F1 tour. But my heart says..........MAYBE!