PDA

View Full Version : Ages of Border Members

FWIW
04-08-2016, 12:22 AM
I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of younger members here on the Border and I'd like to get a snapshot of our ages. By creating a poll, I hope to cast a wider net and include folks who don't regularly post.

VillageGirl
04-08-2016, 12:30 AM
Cool :grin: Looking forward to it!

43, will be 44 in July:depressed:

AlreadyGone95
04-08-2016, 12:47 AM
I've told my age many times on here, but I'll be of legal drinking age in the states in September. (Yes, I'm somewhat patiently waiting for that day lol). Plus the 95 in my username is my birth year. (So I'm 20)

I wonder if there are more younger members or older members.

WalshFan88
04-08-2016, 01:07 AM
I'm 27.

Jonny Come Lately
04-08-2016, 03:17 AM
Twenty-one and strong as I can be, I know what freedom means to me...

I'm all too happy to get some mileage out of that while I still can! I turn 22 in August.

However, I was born in 1994, which means I was born the year Hell Froze Over and I will always have that!

Prettymaid
04-08-2016, 08:00 AM
I was born in 1958, which makes me 58!

I am extremely happy that I was born in an era of what I consider the best music ever. Rock & Roll had been born, and by the time I was 6 The Beatles were all the rage. I got to witness them go from straight R&R all the way through their experimental period and I loved it all. Although I was only 11 when Woodstock happened, I feel that I was riding the tails of the hippie movement - not the drugs part, LOL, but I really identified with the peace, love and music.

As I have gotten older I have come to enjoy the softer side of rock/ folk music. These days, besides the Eagles, I am happiest listening to some old Jackson Browne, Cat Stevens, Gordon Lightfoot, Linda Ronstadt, and James Taylor, to name a few. But the concert I'd really like to see next is the Doobie Brothers!

travlnman2
04-08-2016, 08:55 AM
Born in 1998 so I am 17 but will be 18 this year and I have the same birthday as Joe.

Brooke
04-08-2016, 09:22 AM
Well, it's hard to admit, but I'm 59 and will be 60 in August. How time flies!

I've loved the Eagles since their inception and hearing Take It Easy and Witchy Woman on the radio. Hearing their songs today takes me back to my teenage years and I've never gotten tired of listening to them.

I'm amazed at the Eagles knowledge of some of you younger members! You guys are good! And I'm so glad you don't mind sharing this board with us 'veterans'! :thumbsup:

buffyfan145
04-08-2016, 09:57 AM
I'm 29 and will be turning 30 in August. So I'm on the border (pun intended LOL) and voted for the 20s group since I'm still there. Although I look so much younger than my age, but at times I felt like I was born in the wrong decade with how much I love earlier decades and their music. It's why my Mom still calls me her little, hippie child. LOL :) But I'm still way too attached to our technology and my shows/movies.

WS82Classics
04-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Will be 22 at the beginning of August--I share a birthday with Jerry Garcia and Def Leppard front-man Joe Elliott.

Was born the year "Hell Freezes Over" and Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" album came out.

shunlvswx
04-08-2016, 10:51 AM
I just turned 36 this past February. I was born 5 months before the Eagles broke up.

FWIW
04-08-2016, 10:53 AM
I am a proud member of the half century club, 53 to be exact. I am the youngest of 4 siblings so I was exposed to music of the late 60s and early 70s when I was quite young. My oldest brother played a lot of Beach Boys and Joni Mitchell. My sister liked the Moody Blues. The younger of my brothers and I both share a love of the Eagles.

My father is quite musically inclined as well. He sang in the church choir and performed in some low key musical theater productions. I wish I inherited his singing voice! His critical ear reminds me of Glenn. If a singer hit one note out of tune, he'd hear it and complain. It drove my mother crazy. I remember watching the Miss America pageant (don't shoot me!) and my father would cringe and just about all the contestants who sang.

I don't recall hearing songs from early Eagles album on the radio. Maybe it's because we only had AM radio on in the house or maybe it's because I was a little too young to take notice. The first Eagles song I remember hearing over and over is Take It to the Limit. But I really became a fan when Hotel California was released.

Ah, such good memories!

jms18222
04-08-2016, 12:24 PM
I'm 57. Old enough to have enjoyed the Eagles in my youth yet still young enough to enjoy them now.

My oldest son downloaded 2 Eagles albums while he was traveling 2 weeks ago while my younger son is going with me to see Don for the 2nd time.

NOLA
04-08-2016, 12:48 PM
Just made 50 in October and very proud to have survived half a century. :D
Grew up on the Eagles, thanks to my older brother.

OntheBorder74
04-08-2016, 02:10 PM
25 and still alive, yeah seems many people in 20s and 50s according to poll interesting demographic

L101
04-08-2016, 02:31 PM
I'm 45 and my older brothers always had the Eagles records but I was never allowed to touch them!!
I remember listening to the radio in my room at night and hearing Hotel California and Billy Joel's Goodnight Saigon for the first time and fell in love with them!

Nothing much has changed :grin:

Woodstock
04-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Where has the time gone....56 years!! I've been an Eagles fan since I first heard Witchy Woman on the radio back in '72

jms18222
04-08-2016, 03:29 PM
I'm 45 and my older brothers always had the Eagles records but I was never allowed to touch them!!
I remember listening to the radio in my room at night and hearing Hotel California and Billy Joel's Goodnight Saigon for the first time and fell in love with them!

Nothing much has changed :grin:

My big brother gave me his Eagles album after he broke my Donny Osmond cassette when I was 13. Best favor he ever did for me.

Jonny Come Lately
04-08-2016, 04:01 PM
Will be 22 at the beginning of August--I share a birthday with Jerry Garcia and Def Leppard front-man Joe Elliott.

Was born the year "Hell Freezes Over" and Tom Petty's "Wildflowers" album came out.

Wow, I had no idea we were so close in age! We were born less than three weeks apart. That's cool. :cool: I share my birthday with Deep Purple singer Ian Gillan and Cream drummer Ginger Baker, but it's also the day before Robert Plant's birthday, exactly a month after Bernie and four weeks after Don H.

shunlvswx
04-08-2016, 04:10 PM
My big brother gave me his Eagles album after he broke my Donny Osmond cassette when I was 13. Best favor he ever did for me.

Shame on your brother. lol I love Donny and his brother's music.

Freypower
04-08-2016, 06:40 PM
Ol '55, 56 in November.

I don't know what to say about how my musical tastes have changed, except that they are aligning slightly closer with my husband's now. My country rock days are long gone. I can't help that, and it's even truer now. My current passion is for Genesis & its incarnations.

jms18222
04-08-2016, 06:42 PM
Shame on your brother. lol I love Donny and his brother's music.

Oh I wasn't! Don Henley or Donny Osmond...not a difficult choice! LOL

FWIW
04-09-2016, 11:01 AM
Gotta agree with you jms. I was not a big Donny Osmond fan back in the day. As far as teen idols go, I was a bigger fan of David Cassidy. "I Think I Love You" comes to mind.

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-09-2016, 05:13 PM
I'm 16 and I'll be 17 in about a month. Yeah I'm that one weird kid that hates almost all of today's music and only listens to classic rock. Ever since I watched HOTE I was hooked on the Eagles and slowly I expanded to liking other classic rock artists instead of listening to only Eagles all the time. :smile:

FWIW
04-09-2016, 06:54 PM
Soaring, I think you have exquisite taste in music :) I'd be very interested in hearing what you don't like about today's music.

buffyfan145
04-09-2016, 08:27 PM
Soaring, that was we in high school too. But thankfully I wasn't the only one, though there was still some that didn't get it. Weirdly a lot in my class loved 80s music and 80s movies thanks to our parents influences. We even had a lot of 80s music play during our prom in 2004, which our teacher chaperones loved. LOL :D

Tori
04-09-2016, 09:01 PM
Just turned 20 in February! Born 1996, two years shy of the reunion. Sometimes I jokingly yell at my mom that she didn't birth me in time to see my favorite Eagles era live. :lol:

I didn't realize it before, but there's a lot of us younger folk here! I find it so cool that the Eagles' fandom is comprised of all these different age groups.

SilverAcidRayne
04-09-2016, 09:49 PM

SilverAcidRayne
04-09-2016, 10:02 PM
ok maybe not. i'm 40. lol

The year that Frampton came alive. lol

FWIW
04-09-2016, 11:28 PM
Tori, I definitely think it's cool that we have such a diverse group of fans, especially the large contingent of 20-somethings. Unfortunately, my kids aren't big enough fans to join the Border. I must not have played enough Eagles music when they were growing up!

SAR, My sister had Frampton Comes Alive on 8 track! She played that one quite a bit.

LuvTim
04-09-2016, 11:33 PM
ok maybe not. i'm 40. lol

The year that Frampton came alive. lol

SAR, I 've got FCA on vinyl. :singer:

Tiffanny Twisted
04-10-2016, 10:27 AM
I'll be 56 in may:faint:

SoaringRockyMountainWay
04-10-2016, 10:45 AM
Soaring, I think you have exquisite taste in music :) I'd be very interested in hearing what you don't like about today's music.

Thanks, FWIW! I don't like most of today's music because I feel like no work goes into it. It seems that a group of people write a song for a star and the star just sings it and slaps out a hit. In a lot of the songs, the lyrics aren't meaningful at all and some of the music isn't even real its all computerized. The star's voice can be auto-tuned and then when they play live, they sound horrible. I feel like there's basically no talent there. My rule of thumb is: if you're going to write a song that doesn't have well thought out lyrics, put a really cool guitar part in there so you can jam :headbang: or if you want to focus on lyrics, don't worry about having the best guitar solo in the world. (Or you can be multi-talented like the Eagles with Hotel California and have awesome lyrics and an awesome guitar part.:-)) With today's music I feel like it's bad and lyrics and bad music at the same time. Generally, I just don't like the sound of it. It's not cool like classic rock is.

Buffyfan, I always request One of These Nights at my school dances and I'm usually the only one dancing to it. Some kids roll their eyes at me but I don't really care. It's a great song that I really love and I have the right to hear a song that I actually like at our dances.

SilverAcidRayne
04-14-2016, 05:52 PM
Tori, I definitely think it's cool that we have such a diverse group of fans, especially the large contingent of 20-somethings. Unfortunately, my kids aren't big enough fans to join the Border. I must not have played enough Eagles music when they were growing up!

SAR, My sister had Frampton Comes Alive on 8 track! She played that one quite a bit.

oh really? how cool is that lol I do remember 8 tracks. my mother had a lot of them. but mostly Barry White and all those cats. she was always confused as to where I got the rock from because she would say "you did not get that from me." lol

later on I was told she loved Jim Croce and all those singers. so I sorta did. cause that's all I listen to now.

TequilaSunrise82
04-14-2016, 09:46 PM
This poll is very enlightening! But where are all my 30-somethings?! Lol I am 33, born in 82 as my name shows and I spent my childhood hearing Don Henley and Glenn Frey on the radio day in and day out not knowing who the heck they were but their songs became a part of my life - you know how that goes when a song comes on that you've heard a million times and you just instinctively sing along and know all the words? It wasn't until much later that I put two and two together, realized the Eagles connection and became quite literally obsessed. I have two boys, 3 and 5 and they already know "mommy's favorite band" and when an Eagles song comes on the radio they yell "eagles eagles!!":laugh:

shunlvswx
04-14-2016, 09:59 PM
This poll is very enlightening! But where are all my 30-somethings?! Lol I am 33, born in 82 as my name shows and I spent my childhood hearing Don Henley and Glenn Frey on the radio day in and day out not knowing who the heck they were but their songs became a part of my life - you know how that goes when a song comes on that you've heard a million times and you just instinctively sing along and know all the words? It wasn't until much later that I put two and two together, realized the Eagles connection and became quite literally obsessed. I have two boys, 3 and 5 and they already know "mommy's favorite band" and when an Eagles song comes on the radio they yell "eagles eagles!!":laugh:

Me!!! I'm 36.

Ive always been a dreamer
04-14-2016, 10:10 PM
TS1982 - Looks like you have some very good parenting skills. :wink: :grin:

FWIW
04-15-2016, 12:42 AM
I was thinking the same thing. When my kids were that age, I think they only recognized Barney songs. "I love you. You love me. We're a happy family." Lol. For the uninitiated, Barney and Friends was a popular kids show in the 90s starring a big purple dinosaur.

TS82, Please share your secrets! I may have to take a different approach if I have grandchildren one day. :)

Glennsallnighter
04-15-2016, 06:41 AM
48 and will be 49 next year.

I once threatened to get a t-shirt made with the slogan

'NO! Glenn :heart: Frey is NOT old enough to be my dad'

Grew up listening to Eagles songs on the radio in the 70s and followed Don Henley and Glenn :heart: Freys 80s solo careers, then continued to follow the band and particularly Glenn :heart: since they reunited in 1994.

I'm devastated that the band is over, I also feel that the guys were robbed of a final send off the way it happened. They deserved to go out in a blaze of glory when and how they chose. Not this.

TequilaSunrise82
04-15-2016, 09:46 AM

Thanks Dreamer :smile: Music has always been such a huge part of my life (even though I am not musically inclined in the least) I am always listening to/singing songs around my kids and although my 5 yo probably isn't as interested, my little guy seems to enjoy it so I go right along with it.

My husband is also very musical but we don't always agree on the same genres. One thing we do have in common is that we aren't fans of modern day music so our kids get bombarded with lots of 70s and 80s stuff.

It's my secret dream for one of them to become a musician so I'm keeping my fingers crossed something rubs off on them! :wink:

TequilaSunrise82
04-15-2016, 09:53 AM
48 and will be 49 next year.

I once threatened to get a t-shirt made with the slogan

'NO! Glenn :heart: Frey is NOT old enough to be my dad'

Grew up listening to Eagles songs on the radio in the 70s and followed Don Henley and Glenn :heart: Freys 80s solo careers, then continued to follow the band and particularly Glenn :heart: since they reunited in 1994.

I'm devastated that the band is over, I also feel that the guys were robbed of a final send off the way it happened. They deserved to go out in a blaze of glory when and how they chose. Not this.

GA Glenn was the same age as my dad :shock: so I think that's why I am more drawn to the Eagles' 70s era and his work from the 80s. While I appreciate all of his talent, it's his voice in those earlier years that really captivates me.

buffyfan145
04-15-2016, 10:09 AM
I'll be in my 30s in August so I'm almost there. LOL But love reading that about your kids Tequila. I hope if I ever do have any that mine would be like that, because I'll still be listening to the Eagles songs and all my other favorites. Plus, it would be awesome to have a 3rd generation in my family of Eagles fans (realized if they also liked The Beatles it'd be 4th generation).

shunlvswx
04-15-2016, 10:09 AM
Well they are old enough to my dads. LOL My father will be 66 in October.

thelastresort
04-17-2016, 11:23 AM
Recently turned 21. Coincidently I was born 21 years to the day that the guys played California Jam.

MortSahlFan
04-17-2016, 03:33 PM
I'll be 34 this July.

I hope everyone (or almost everyone) answers to get accuracy.

cosec3791
04-02-2018, 07:25 AM
I am 16, going on 17!

Actually feels terrible that I like the Eagles at this age. As a result, I am pretty much a loner. Not even my parents like the Eagles (my father is a casual). My friends roll my eyes when I say this. They like the stupid, untalented fad that is pop music today. And in 2018, it has gotten worse.

My sister, while appreciative of the talent, in fact hates the Eagles and rock music of the 70's and 80's in general. She's into Kpop (another new fad among teenage girls) and says that they have much better personalities than my favorite musicians.

And my story of getting into them is very underwhelming, while you guys have awesome stories to tell! As I said, my father told me about Hotel California when I was like 8-9. Thought it was grandfather's music! When I was 15 (yes call me a fake fan or whatever) I finally was curious enough to search on it for YouTube. I listened to 1977 Capital Center first (not studio). Unlike other casuals however, I was not satisfied. I wanted more versions and dug more and more. Listened to Take It Easy next, pretty good.

I then found out a video of "Top 10 Guitar Solos" by WatchMojo (for those who don't know, WatchMojo is a list making YouTube channel) and Hotel was 7th or 8th, if I remember correctly. That version was weird (it was, thanks to my eventual findings, a mish mash of 1977 Capital Center music video footage, with Eagles Live audio). I did not know about that back then, I desperately tried searching. I found a video with the same video but audio of the studio version. I commented that it was fake, and out of nowhere, a commenter pointed out to me a video of the exact version I wanted! I was ecstatic on seeing it. He invited me to a Google Drive of a collection of Eagles stuff. And here is where my story kind of goes different. The third performance I ever saw of the Eagles was not Take It to the Limit, not Peaceful Easy Feeling, not Already Gone, but.... Turn to Stone from 1976 Houston. It was inevitable then that I was hooked on to Walsh and Felder's chemistry and I became attached to the Eagles in general! So that's that.

And lastly, sorry for necroposting.

groupie2686
04-02-2018, 01:48 PM
cosec, don't feel terrible. I think it's awesome that you're an Eagles fan at such a young age. I can understand feeling alone in it, though. I'm in my early 30s, but I've never known anyone my age who likes the Eagles (or even knows who they were). My mom is a big fan, but I think I've surpassed her in Eagles-mania. That's why I love to come on here, where I can talk to people who are just as obsessed as I am. :)

I looked at the poll and it's truly wonderful the diverse range of ages of Borderers. As I believe it was Timothy (or perhaps Henley) said in an interview with the Farewell 1 dvd, they have transcended generations.

luciknight
04-02-2018, 02:45 PM
I'm glad you brought this post back, I didn't even know it existed!

I'm 30 years old. I'm a fan of a band that, in my country, it's only known for one song, Hotel California. And that's it. None of my friends know any other song besides HC, my mum likes them but not at all like I do lol
I got to know PEF and LE on MTV back when I was a teen (when they played music videos, wow...) and fell in love instantly, but the true fan madness came around only last year, unfortunately.
There was this amazing radio station here that only played international songs, so they played some Eagles besides HC, and I went looking for videos on youtube, downloaded the Greatest Hits and then all their discography lol
It was a fast process of falling in love with them.

I just wish I had known this place earlier. Wish I had become a true fan (as I am now, looking for bootlegs, photos, facts, talking abt them in boards and listening to their music for hours every day) before Frey passed. :(
By the time he died I was just a casual... but at least I knew who he was!

Anyway, it's hard being a new fan these days...

luciknight
04-02-2018, 02:55 PM
LOL that post up there about the "Glenn is not old enough to be my dad" t-shirt

I could never wear that :sigh:
Those guys are old enough to be my grandparents :-?

Do I feel guilty for being attracted to men this age?
Why should I lol
they don't even know I exist, and never will

That's what you get for liking real music, and not the sh*t they make nowadays.
It's the same with all the other bands I love, tbh. All from the 70s/80s.

Real music, man... real music.

WalshFan88
04-02-2018, 03:10 PM
I am 16, going on 17!

Actually feels terrible that I like the Eagles at this age. As a result, I am pretty much a loner. Not even my parents like the Eagles (my father is a casual). My friends roll my eyes when I say this. They like the stupid, untalented fad that is pop music today. And in 2018, it has gotten worse.

My sister, while appreciative of the talent, in fact hates the Eagles and rock music of the 70's and 80's in general. She's into Kpop (another new fad among teenage girls) and says that they have much better personalities than my favorite musicians.

And my story of getting into them is very underwhelming, while you guys have awesome stories to tell! As I said, my father told me about Hotel California when I was like 8-9. Thought it was grandfather's music! When I was 15 (yes call me a fake fan or whatever) I finally was curious enough to search on it for YouTube. I listened to 1977 Capital Center first (not studio). Unlike other casuals however, I was not satisfied. I wanted more versions and dug more and more. Listened to Take It Easy next, pretty good.

I then found out a video of "Top 10 Guitar Solos" by WatchMojo (for those who don't know, WatchMojo is a list making YouTube channel) and Hotel was 7th or 8th, if I remember correctly. That version was weird (it was, thanks to my eventual findings, a mish mash of 1977 Capital Center music video footage, with Eagles Live audio). I did not know about that back then, I desperately tried searching. I found a video with the same video but audio of the studio version. I commented that it was fake, and out of nowhere, a commenter pointed out to me a video of the exact version I wanted! I was ecstatic on seeing it. He invited me to a Google Drive of a collection of Eagles stuff. And here is where my story kind of goes different. The third performance I ever saw of the Eagles was not Take It to the Limit, not Peaceful Easy Feeling, not Already Gone, but.... Turn to Stone from 1976 Houston. It was inevitable then that I was hooked on to Walsh and Felder's chemistry and I became attached to the Eagles in general! So that's that.

And lastly, sorry for necroposting.

Wow, cosec.

I figured from your postings you were much older. Don't care what you friends say about it is my only advice. The time I stopped caring so much about what other people think is the time I was able to find some inner peace. And it wasn't all that long ago, and I'm 29 (30 in September). It took me a long time to feel ok with myself, much later than most probably. I'm "different" from most people my age and I'm perfectly ok with that. Most 20-somethings drive me insane. Even when I was little, I'd go talk to the adults and not hang with the kids in the park. So it's something I've been like all my life. I'm happy to be a classic rock purist and to listen to the music of my parents. It's fine to me. I'm not embarrased.

groupie2686
04-02-2018, 04:06 PM
LOL that post up there about the "Glenn is not old enough to be my dad" t-shirt

I could never wear that :sigh:
Those guys are old enough to be my grandparents :-?

Do I feel guilty for being attracted to men this age?
Why should I lol
they don't even know I exist, and never will

That's what you get for liking real music, and not the sh*t they make nowadays.
It's the same with all the other bands I love, tbh. All from the 70s/80s.

Real music, man... real music.

Haha, I've had that same thought. The Eagles are older than my parents, not as old as my grandparents but probably old enough to be, so finding them attractive does feel immensely weird sometimes. Like you, luckinight, I wish I had become a true fan before Glenn passed.

I don't like any music more recent than the 90s, and my favorites are from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. (The music on my computer plays like a classic rock station). I barely even know what music today even is, I am so out of touch. I used to be embarrassed too but I've embraced it now.

buffyfan145
04-02-2018, 05:15 PM
Don't feel bad at all for being young and loving the Eagles and music from past decades. I remember the same happened to me when I was a teenager, and I'm 31 now. Also, one of my younger cousins who is 11 loves the Eagles and most music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s too giving credit to his parents (who had him later in their lives as they're in their early 50s now) and his older cousins like me for getting him into what he even calls "good music". LOL :D

shunlvswx
04-02-2018, 05:46 PM
I'm joining that club of the guys are old enough to be my fathers. I kinda brought that up 2 years ago in this thread. I'm 38 and my father is 3 years younger than the guys. My mother is 61.

I'm not ashamed that I liked older musicians. Some still are hot. :lol:

luciknight
04-02-2018, 07:01 PM
*winks at Paul McCartney

East Texas Girl
04-03-2018, 01:26 PM
I'm joining that club of the guys are old enough to be my fathers. I kinda brought that up 2 years ago in this thread. I'm 38 and my father is 3 years younger than the guys. My mother is 61.

I'm not ashamed that I liked older musicians. Some still are hot. :lol:

I completely agree with you!! A 20 year difference is nothing these days, right? :wink::D

cosec3791
04-04-2018, 04:34 AM
Don't feel bad at all for being young and loving the Eagles and music from past decades. I remember the same happened to me when I was a teenager, and I'm 31 now. Also, one of my younger cousins who is 11 loves the Eagles and most music from the 60s, 70s, 80s, and 90s too giving credit to his parents (who had him later in their lives as they're in their early 50s now) and his older cousins like me for getting him into what he even calls "good music". LOL :D

Thanks for the kind words!

cosec3791
04-04-2018, 04:47 AM
Wow, cosec.

I figured from your postings you were much older. Don't care what you friends say about it is my only advice. The time I stopped caring so much about what other people think is the time I was able to find some inner peace. And it wasn't all that long ago, and I'm 29 (30 in September). It took me a long time to feel ok with myself, much later than most probably. I'm "different" from most people my age and I'm perfectly ok with that. Most 20-somethings drive me insane. Even when I was little, I'd go talk to the adults and not hang with the kids in the park. So it's something I've been like all my life. I'm happy to be a classic rock purist and to listen to the music of my parents. It's fine to me. I'm not embarrased.

What age you thought of me to be lol? I thought someone could see the naivety/immaturity in the way I posted!

About not caring, idk about that. Anyways, I do know quite a lot of today's artists (not that I like them, in fact I hate them). Really helpful. Can mingle with quite a lot of people. Particularly Kpop. Good topic with girls of my age.

And about talking with adults, same here! In parties, I talk with adults and I get fruitful, mature conversations. While my immediate family does not really know about the Eagles, some family friends and other extended family I meet there know a lot! They talk about a lot of 70's, 80's rock! It's so awesome to interact with them! They also are surprised at my age for liking these. In contrast, children? Pathetic! They can't even appreciate this kind of music!

In my opinion, this is why music is becoming worse. The target audience. If I am not mistaken, back in the 70's, 20 year olds were the ones in with the trends. As we got internet, the target age reduced and reduced. 90's trends with teenagers. But today's trends. 7-10 year olds! That's why! Pop generic music appeals to them because of easy access and also, immature minds. They will never be able to appreciate the beauty of music. They like the generic, mass produced pop music, because it appeals to their herd mentality, immature mind. If you see commenters of today's music on YouTube, you are far likely to see children below 13 commenting. So many of them cannot like songs without ridiculous music videos which completely take away from the songs.

While I do feel it is cool to see members below 20, I hope a contingent of below 15's do not come. They will ruin the board with their immature, vulgar comments and drama.

peneumbra
04-08-2018, 06:22 PM
Ogawd. I'll be 64 next week. Hard to believe I've lived this long, given my devotion to Wretched Excess, the standard for my generation.

I've been in "The Entertainment Industry" since I was 17. I remember velour suits and bell-bottom pants you could hide a Buick under. I remember the "riots" on Sunset Strip when the cops closed down Pandora's Box. I remember standing on a corner in Hollywood and seeing the most beautiful girl on earth riding shotgun in an old surplus Army ambulance.

I remember getting suspended from high school because I refused to cut my hair. I remember the first time I smoked a joint and thought, "this stuff doesn't do anything," right before I realized the chandelier in our house was actually a space ship from Neptune.

I remember sneaking into a club at 15 to see The Flying Burrito Brothers, including some off-the-wall cat named Gram Parsons. Sneaking into the Whiskey to see The Doors, who for some reason didn't play that night. I remember walking down Haight St. in San Francisco in the summer of 1967 (with my mom!) and realizing that there was this Whole Other Thing going on, and that I'd better find out about it.

So here's a birthday wish in reverse: I wish that all of you - especially all of you who are just starting to explore this mystery called Life - will have exquisite memories of your own to call on someday.:thumbsup: