PDA

View Full Version : Joe Withdraws from Concert at Republican National Convention

SilverAcidRayne
04-20-2016, 09:01 PM
has anyone had a chance to check out Joe's facebook? apparently his name was used for things he didn't approve of. :nope:

Freypower
04-20-2016, 09:19 PM
A Statement From Joe Walsh Regarding His Withdrawl From a Concert Event on Monday, July 18th in Cleveland, OH
April 20, 2016 - "It was my understanding that I was playing a concert which was a non partisan event to benefit the families of American veterans on Monday, July 18 in Cleveland. The admat I approved said this specifically. Today it was announced that this event is, in fact, a launch for the Republican National Convention. In addition, my name is to be used to raise sponsorship dollars for convention-related purposes. Therefore, I must humbly withdraw my participation in this event with apologies to any fans or veterans and their families that I might disappoint.
I am very concerned about the rampant vitriol, fear-mongering and bullying coming from the current Republican campaigns. It is both isolationist and spiteful. I cannot in good conscience endorse the Republican party in any way. I will look at doing a veteran related benefit concert later this year."
-- Joe Walsh

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/joe-walsh-nixes-cleveland-concert-upon-hearing-its-at-gop-convention-20160420

WS82Classics
04-20-2016, 09:24 PM
Additional background on the current situation:

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/joe-walsh-republican-national-convention/

SilverAcidRayne
04-20-2016, 09:55 PM
i'm so disgusted. omg.

I mean to lie to someone to get their name on something? I'm glad he caught it and pulled away before it was too late

shunlvswx
04-20-2016, 10:19 PM
WTG to Joe. I can't believe they made a fool out of him. Say it was for this and it end up being something else. I'm glad he caught it in time.

WS82Classics
04-20-2016, 10:58 PM
If this is even a small fraction as bad it sounds, it smacks of pure desperation on the part of that party. I'll leave it at that.

Freypower
04-20-2016, 11:02 PM
i'm so disgusted. omg.

I mean to lie to someone to get their name on something? I'm glad he caught it and pulled away before it was too late

It's more than his name. He was misled into agreeing to perform at what he thought was a benefit for veterans.

buffyfan145
04-21-2016, 10:15 AM
Good job Joe. That is just beyond messed up. :nope:

SilverAcidRayne
04-21-2016, 01:01 PM
It's more than his name. He was misled into agreeing to perform at what he thought was a benefit for veterans.

exactly. its still disgusting. poor guy

travlnman2
04-21-2016, 02:22 PM
If this is even a small fraction as bad it sounds, it smacks of pure desperation on the part of that party. I'll leave it at that.

Yes that's true but I am a Republican and was furious on how he threw all Republicans in his last statement. But yes it is disgraceful how he was deceived.

WalshFan88
04-21-2016, 05:19 PM
I say go Joe. What they did to him was wrong and I hope he goes after them legally. I completely and thoroughly agree with his comments about the nastiness that is the Republican 2016 candidates. I personally think Donald Trump is about as low as they can go.

I'm not going to disclose my choice, but I think Trump has caused more harm than good and will continue to do so. Look at his supporters and the physical violence that some of them start let alone the childish namecalling and the attacks on each others spouses. And Donald just encourages that. He wants them to stir the pot. I personally think that the Republican party is better than that and I'm hoping and praying we do not see Trump win. It will do way more harm than good, and I'm not even talking about his policies, which he rarely discusses. I'm talking about the exact thing Joe is. And to tell the truth, I'm sick of the fact every time I turn on the TV it's all about what Trump said today or this week or what he's done. It's to the point I don't watch television anymore. It's just like the Kardashians, that's all people talk about on TV anymore. It gets old.

SilverAcidRayne
04-21-2016, 07:18 PM
I say go Joe. What they did to him was wrong and I hope he goes after them legally. I completely and thoroughly agree with his comments about the nastiness that is the Republican 2016 candidates. I personally think Donald Trump is about as low as they can go.

I'm not going to disclose my choice, but I think Trump has caused more harm than good and will continue to do so. Look at his supporters and the physical violence that some of them start let alone the childish namecalling and the attacks on each others spouses. And Donald just encourages that. He wants them to stir the pot. I personally think that the Republican party is better than that and I'm hoping and praying we do not see Trump win. It will do way more harm than good, and I'm not even talking about his policies, which he rarely discusses. I'm talking about the exact thing Joe is. And to tell the truth, I'm sick of the fact every time I turn on the TV it's all about what Trump said today or this week or what he's done. It's to the point I don't watch television anymore. It's just like the Kardashians, that's all people talk about on TV anymore. It gets old.
yes my point exactly. Trump has not showed any type of class with this. he does have his followers and I cant say to not vote for him but me personally nope... I'm totally not into politics but the way trump has acted it really weirded me out. lol but I agree Joe should go after them legally. because those veterans and all their families were possibly looking forward to seeing him and he had to shut everything down because those people misled him. its horrible...

WS82Classics
04-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Yes that's true but I am a Republican and was furious on how he threw all Republicans in his last statement. But yes it is disgraceful how he was deceived.

I think he was alluding more to Donald Trump and his supporters than the other two, though I can't imagine he's any sort of fan of Ted Cruz, either. With the way the Ignoramus Rex keeps on winning(So many victories our heads are spinning), I can't totally fault people for thinking the party and its voters have gone completely over the hill.

Personally, while my own ideological stances skew hard towards those given lip service to by that party, I've not affiliated in several years. With people like Trump and his supporters, it's unlikely I ever would again.

WalshFan88
04-21-2016, 08:13 PM
I think he was alluding more to Donald Trump and his supporters than the other two, though I can't imagine he's any sort of fan of Ted Cruz, either. With the way the Ignoramus Rex keeps on winning(So many victories our heads are spinning), I can't totally fault people for thinking the party and its voters have gone completely over the hill.

Personally, while my own ideological stances skew hard towards those given lip service to by that party, I've not affiliated in several years. With people like Trump and his supporters, it's unlikely I ever would again.

Exactly.

travlnman2
04-21-2016, 08:29 PM
UMM you guys do realize the Eagles are hardcore Democrats? Listen to Long Road Out Of Eden its full of criticisms against the gop. they even admited it. Listen I am mad that the party lied to him not cool. But anyone can notice the whole propaganda against the GOP by the democrats this cycle its all about being PC. But hey it's healthy to have this discussion as long as does not get out of hand.

One more thing. Trump does not represent the gop in its values he has always been a liberal and Hillary is a Lier and Bernie wants to give everything to everyone for free. The only reasonable guy in my opinion is Kaisch.
I am sure soda is okay with this discussion as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

WalshFan88
04-21-2016, 08:34 PM
UMM you guys do realize the Eagles are hardcore Democrats?

What's wrong with that?

Look, I think Trump isn't doing the GOP any favors this year. I have nothing against the Republican party. I have a LOT against one Donald J. Trump.

I'd much rather their be political correctness among the democrats than Trump's version of namecalling, personal attacks (making fun of a disabled man, attacking a candidate's wife, let alone attacks on other candidates), and just completely looking like a buffoon. Not to mention egging on his supporters to attack protesters be it physical or otherwise. It's not cool, and IMO he is in no way, shape, or form fit to hold the office of POTUS.

travlnman2
04-21-2016, 08:36 PM
What's wrong with that?

Look, I think Trump isn't doing the GOP any favors this year. I have nothing against the Republican party. I have a LOT against one Donald J. Trump.

I'd much rather their be political correctness among the democrats than Trump's version of namecalling, personal attacks (making fun of a disabled man, attacking a candidate's wife, let alone attacks on other candidates), and just completely looking like a buffoon. Not to mention egging on his supporters to attack protesters be it physical or otherwise. It's not cool, and he is in no way, shape, or form fit to hold the office of POTUS.

I totally agree. But here is my stance on this situation. Joe said he thought it was non-partisan, but if it was the Democrats he would be fine with that.

WalshFan88
04-21-2016, 08:37 PM
I totally agree. But here is my stance on this situation. Joe said he thought it was non-partisan, but if it was the Democrats he would be fine with that.

And I see your point.... I honestly believe Joe is referring to Trump when he speaks of the horrible things going on. But regardless he was misled, but I don't think it's right to group all GOP voters together, either.

travlnman2
04-21-2016, 08:40 PM
And I see your point.... I honestly believe Joe is referring to Trump when he speaks of the horrible things going on. But regardless he was misled, but I don't think it's right to group all GOP voters together, either.
Wow I think this was the most calm discussion about politics on the internet ever. glad we are on the same page. 8-)

WS82Classics
04-21-2016, 08:55 PM
I would contend the Eagles outed their political beliefs much earlier than 'Eden,' in 1976 with "The Last Resort."

That one tackled, among other things, environmental causes. Even in their heyday, they did concerts raising awareness of pro-environmentalist causes, along with other such acts as Jackson Browne and the Doobie Brothers.

travlnman2
04-21-2016, 08:57 PM
[QUOTE=WS82Classics;329372]I would contend the Eagles outed their political beliefs much earlier than 'Eden,' in 1976 with "The Last Resort."

That one tackled, among other things, environmental causes. Even in their heyday, they did concerts raising awareness of pro-environmentalist causes, along with other such acts as Jackson Browne and the Doobie Brothers.[/QUOTE

I guess ;) your right.

MortSahlFan
04-22-2016, 10:20 AM
I hope the "hardcore Democrats" don't support Hillary Clinton, either. She's voted with the right-wing on EVERY major issue.

SilverAcidRayne
04-22-2016, 11:49 AM
this IS the most calm and respectable conversation about politics ever. lol

this seriously wins the internet :bow:

AlreadyGone95
04-22-2016, 12:10 PM
I can't say I blame Joe since he was misled and misinformed. I do hope that he does play a gig in the future which does benefit veterans, which he said he would try to do.

I know plenty of republicans given where I live. None of them like Trump, and they refuse to vote for him. Neither the republicans nor most democrats I know like Clinton, including me. If those 2 get the nomination, I think we're screwed either way. It's only April; I dread turning on the TV to watch the news between now and the middle of November.

travlnman2
04-22-2016, 02:00 PM
this IS the most calm and respectable conversation about politics ever. lol

this seriously wins the internet :bow:

I am surprised myself. Generally if you are on the internet well lets just say steer clear of any political discussion. Frankly I am sick of all this bias against the Republicans these days.

travlnman2
04-22-2016, 02:02 PM
I can't say I blame Joe since he was misled and misinformed. I do hope that he does play a gig in the future which does benefit veterans, which he said he would try to do.

I know plenty of republicans given where I live. None of them like Trump, and they refuse to vote for him. Neither the republicans nor most democrats I know like Clinton, including me. If those 2 get the nomination, I think we're screwed either way. It's only April; I dread turning on the TV to watch the news between now and the middle of November.

Exactly. Also you can't say anything these days without protests breaking out.

Funk 50
04-22-2016, 03:24 PM
Maybe the republicans got confused when Joe surprisingly showed some support for Trump's antics, last year.

As far back as his Barnstorm album in 1972, Joe showed some political interest by spelling out the phrase, "Register and vote" in morse code during a moment of ambience. He redid the stunt ("Register and vote for me") on his Songs For A Dying Planet CD, 20 years later, leading into the track titled Vote For Me.
He's ran for president and vice president, and often encourages his fans to get involved in the political process during concerts, so, although Joe abhores DT's politics, he felt Mr Trump would be a positive force for getting apathetic citzens to engage in the nation's political process.

I guess Joe would've been a quite a scoop to have, playing in Columbus, Ohio. :grin:

SilverAcidRayne
04-22-2016, 03:58 PM
I am surprised myself. Generally if you are on the internet well lets just say steer clear of any political discussion. Frankly I am sick of all this bias against the Republicans these days.

oh trust me I know. I remember posting something on my facebook page and OMG people went nuts. I'm like really? it's an opinion get the sticks out of your butts. lmao

WalshFan88
04-22-2016, 11:16 PM
Very true.

For me it's not even talking about policies or parties or what they all say they are going to do differently. Trump is just a classless jerk and I think regardless of what party he's in, I don't like him and he isn't classy enough or as skilled enough to be President. It's just simply the fact that he comes across as a clown.

I saw something on Facebook the other day that made me laugh. It was a picture that said people are voting for Trump because he speaks his mind and isn't afraid to say what's on his mind. Then it said "well my drunk uncle speaks his mind too but that doesn't mean he should be President" lol. I think that says it all really.

Funk 50
05-12-2016, 04:39 AM
I'm selfishly, delighted to see Joe still getting a lot of negative publicity for cancelling this concert appearance, even if it is mainly from uninformed numskulls.

Hopefully, it will give Joe further encouragement to consider embarking on a lengthy spell, touring, maybe even recording, outside The USA. Specifically here in the UK. :twisted::yay:

EagleLady
05-12-2016, 08:06 AM
I'm selfishly, delighted to see Joe still getting a lot of negative publicity for cancelling this concert appearance, even if it is mainly from uninformed numskulls.

Hopefully, it will give Joe further encouragement to consider embarking on a lengthy spell, touring, maybe even recording, outside The USA. Specifically here in the UK. :twisted::yay:

Why? He was misled and misinformed, nothing to be happy about that.