PDA

View Full Version : Joe's guitar has been on display

LuvTim
05-13-2016, 10:48 AM
Joe's kindly sent one of his guitars here to be put on display at a recent guitar exhibit in our city. I finally got to go see it on the last day of the exhibit. Silver guitar, front left.

zeldabjr
05-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Joe's kindly sent one of his guitars here to be put on display at a recent guitar exhibit in our city. I finally got to go see it on the last day of the exhibit. Silver guitar, front left.

very cool LT...where do you live?

LuvTim
05-14-2016, 12:45 AM
Wichita, KS (Joe's birthplace.)

AlreadyGone95
05-14-2016, 12:56 AM
That's very cool, and nice of Joe to do. That strat is beautiful. ( I think that is a strat, and not a starcaster.)

Ive always been a dreamer
05-14-2016, 12:05 PM
Very cool, LT. Thanks for the picture.

Brooke
05-16-2016, 01:36 PM
That's cool, LT!

I always love to go in the Hard Rock Cafe's, wherever, and look for Eagles displays.

DJ
05-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Wow that's fabulous LuvTim....I'm jealous. :drool:

NightMistBlue
05-18-2016, 01:29 PM
I always love to go in the Hard Rock Cafe's, wherever, and look for Eagles displays.

Have you ever found any Eagles memorabilia? I live near two Hard Rocks, and have visited several more. I don't recall seeing anything from our dudes!

Brooke
05-18-2016, 02:45 PM
Have you ever found any Eagles memorabilia? I live near two Hard Rocks, and have visited several more. I don't recall seeing anything from our dudes!

Well, a few years ago when I went to Austin and San Antonio's HRC's we saw some guitars of the guys. I will have to go look at my pictures from then to say exactly who's and what was displayed.

NightMistBlue
05-18-2016, 03:13 PM
OK, I'd like to visit both of those places anyway. They're going on the list. Places can be on my travel "wanna" list for years, but eventually I get there :)

Brooke
05-18-2016, 04:38 PM
Found the pics!

There's one of an acoustic guitar of Joe's in Austin and a black guitar of Timothy's and a photo of Timothy, Don H, and Don F in San Antonio.

I probably shared those pics here somewhere back then!

LuvTim
05-18-2016, 07:37 PM
Found the pics!

There's one of an acoustic guitar of Joe's in Austin and a black guitar of Timothy's and a photo of Timothy, Don H, and Don F in San Antonio.

I probably shared those pics here somewhere back then!

We were in San Antonio some years back, but we didn't go to the Hard Rock. Bummer. :-( Didn't know what we were missing.

Brooke
05-19-2016, 09:26 AM
I wonder how long they keep these things and how they go about getting them?

It's always fun to look around when you're there, but you hate to bother people sitting nearby. I can't help but look though!

NightMistBlue
11-04-2016, 09:51 AM
There is another guitar of Joe's on display at the Hard Rock Cafe on Hollywood Blvd in Los Angeles. It's a white one and it's on the small side. The display contains a photo of the Hotel California album cover.

I'm sorry my description is so vague - I couldn't get close or take a picture because the display is at a booth and there were people there eating. Didn't want to disturb them. :guitar:

Freypower
11-05-2016, 06:29 PM
There is another guitar of Joe's on display at the Hard Rock Cafe on Hollywood Blvd in Los Angeles. It's a white one and it's on the small side. The display contains a photo of the Hotel California album cover.

I'm sorry my description is so vague - I couldn't get close or take a picture because the display is at a booth and there were people there eating. Didn't want to disturb them. :guitar:

Hello all.

I have not posted here for several weeks, for various reasons.

However I am able to help with the items NMB described above. I sat underneath this on my visit in 2012.

NB: These are for a limited time only. I am in the process of cleaning Photobucket out.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/HRC2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/ozeagle/Eagles%20General/HRC.jpg

Glennsallnighter
11-05-2016, 07:53 PM
I was with FP in the Hard Rock that day - I cannot believe it was 4 and a half years ago!!

NightMistBlue
11-05-2016, 07:58 PM
Thank you, Freypower, your pictures are perfect.

Time is flying by. I can't believe it's been almost 9 freakin' years since I saw Led Zeppelin in London.

Freypower
11-05-2016, 08:04 PM
I was with FP in the Hard Rock that day - I cannot believe it was 4 and a half years ago!!

Actually I took those when I was there by myself, before you arrived!