PDA

View Full Version : New photos from the Deluxe Edition

Molly
11-18-2007, 11:32 AM
Wandering thru WalMart early this morning buying stuff I need for Thanksgiving dinner - I found the Deluxe Edition LROOE. I opened it in the car (I would have opened it in the store if I thought I could have gotten away with it) and found these...I know they're kind of big, but I didn't think anyone would mind!

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/LROOE1.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/LROOE2.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/LROOE4.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/LROOE3.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/LROOE6.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/LROOE5.jpg

tbsfan
11-18-2007, 11:48 AM
Well then, that settles it. I'll be biting the bullet and going to Wal-Mart to pick up that deluxe edition!

eagleshenleyfan
11-18-2007, 12:09 PM
Great pics there Molly!! Does the booklet that comes with this expand on any of the credits contained in the 'standard version'?
It's still annoying me as to who played what on each song. :(

timfan
11-18-2007, 12:15 PM
Those pics are awesome!!

I am actually planning to go to walmart later today to get a gift . I will now be picking something else up as well! :wink: The only difficulty is I have agreed to make the Deluxe edition CD one of my christmas gifts so... I have to wait over a month to "get" it!! It's gonna be LONNNG month :P

Molly
11-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Great pics there Molly!! Does the booklet that comes with this expand on any of the credits contained in the 'standard version'?

No, other than a few extra pictures, it's pretty much the same.

EasyFeeling
11-18-2007, 01:05 PM
Oh, fantastic pictures, thanks for posting. :D I don't buy the deluxe edition, I'm happy with the one I have. Also, I have no idea if it would be available in our stores.

sodascouts
11-18-2007, 02:01 PM
Holy crap, these are great! Thanks for posting them, Molly! I'm off to Walmart today!

eagleshenleyfan
11-18-2007, 02:12 PM

No, other than a few extra pictures, it's pretty much the same.
That's a pity :( , thanks for the info. I think the DE is due out in the UK either this week or the week after I'm not sure?

rcknalwys
11-18-2007, 02:44 PM
Oh wow! Awesome pics, I love that one of Timothy! That's worth the price of the deluxe edition all by itself. Thanks for posting them.

Claire
11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
These pics are stunning Molly! Well, I'm gonna buy the deluxe edition for sure now :D

tbsfan
11-18-2007, 03:03 PM
Holy crap, these are great! Thanks for posting them, Molly! I'm off to Walmart today!
The two Wal-Marts I went to this morning didn't have the deluxe edition out, so don't get your hopes up. Guess I'll just have to go back Tuesday.

Thanks so much for posting the pictures, Molly. I have new wallpaper!

timfan
11-18-2007, 03:17 PM
yeah the Walmart I went to didn't have it either. I will go back on Tuesday and do my christmas shopping at the same time! :) But the good news is I found another Eagles Cd i have been looking for(the Eagles Live CD) and Dad is getting me that for Christmas instead so... when I do get the deluxe LROOE, I get to open it immediately :P

Brooke
11-18-2007, 03:54 PM
So, why did they make 2 versions? I just don't get this at all, other than to tempt the hardcore fans into spending more money for a couple pictures! :x

Really!

timfan
11-18-2007, 04:06 PM
I was talking to a friend about this and I believe this was timed to get the "Christmas" market... You should have seen the Santas and other elaborate christmas displays already set up in walmart.

One other thing I noticed when I was in walmart today.. they have re-usuable shopping bags you can purchase for 95 cents and have this under the title of "Save the enviroment, buy these bags and re-use them!"

Molly
11-18-2007, 05:00 PM
So, why did they make 2 versions? I just don't get this at all, other than to tempt the hardcore fans into spending more money for a couple pictures! :x

Really!

I think you're totally correct, Brooke. Don't think it didn't cross my mind that I hope I'm helping send the Eagles' offspring to really good colleges as I opened the second LROOE I purchased in less than a month!

Glennsallnighter
11-18-2007, 05:40 PM
I've purchased a second one too and it isn't even the deluxe one. I wanted to get a T-shirt on the official site and couldn't get it without the album. Must be the most expensive t-shirt I've ever bought! :lol:

Freypower
11-18-2007, 11:46 PM
Will the people who bought this alleged 'deluxe' edition please tell me why they felt they needed physical copies of a couple of extra photos that Molly has very kindly posted for free.

It completely sticks in my craw that a recording from 1978 has been included on this thing. I am not going to shell out any more money to soothe Don Felder's hurt feelings. Sorry. In any case it is probably not available in Australia.

Ive always been a dreamer
11-19-2007, 12:16 AM
Thanks for posting those pics, Molly - they are amazing. But dammit! Now, I am probably going to buy the deluxe edition, even though I originally said I wasn't and even though I have two copies of the 'undeluxe' CDs. I want that booklet, plus I like collecting all things that the guys put out. They are counting on us hardcores for this, of course. In their defense, it is nice to have a choice since the 'undeluxe' version really is a bargain. It would have been better, however, if they had both been released at the same time so that the choice could have been made then. Oh well, the guys are awesome marketer's as well as talented musicians i.e. re-releasing the F1 DVD with the bonus CD and selling it at a bargain price. Actually, I'm not too upset about this - one thing I like about the packaging of the 'undeluxe' version is that it fits in my box set with all the other studio albums.

EasyFeeling
11-19-2007, 06:32 AM
It would have been better, however, if they had both been released at the same time so that the choice could have been made then.

Yes, that would have been much better. Probably I had bought the deluxe edition then. But in this case I don't want to throw my money away just to get these pictures which are sure very nice.

Mrs Frey
11-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Molly, thank you SO much for posting those stunning pictures. I'm looking forward to my Deluxe edition even more now! :D :D :D I'll reserve my comment on the money-making angle of the discussion on these pages... (clearing throat). I just wanted to say, though, that this pic of Glenn :heart: is just AWESOME.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y137/mollycinder/LROOE5.jpg

Molly
11-19-2007, 08:28 AM
Will the people who bought this alleged 'deluxe' edition please tell me why they felt they needed physical copies of a couple of extra photos that Molly has very kindly posted for free.

It completely sticks in my craw that a recording from 1978 has been included on this thing. I am not going to shell out any more money to soothe Don Felder's hurt feelings. Sorry. In any case it is probably not available in Australia.

There are only a couple of bands that I admit, I'll purchase different packagings of basically the same thing. I admit I try to remove myself from the entire "it's all about the money thing...the Felder thing...,etc." I buy the items because when the band finally rides into the sunset I'll have a nice little collection of Eagles "things" that brought me joy. In other words, it's fun.

No different in my mind then having a ton t-shirts with the band/Glenn's picture on it, or a shelf full of bootleg DVD's. It's all just part of the "collection", part of the fun.

sodascouts
11-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Exactly, Molly.

Freypower
11-19-2007, 07:10 PM
Well, let's put it this way. When I posted yesterday the entire page hadn't loaded so I hadn't seen the photos of Glenn. :shock:

However, I still don't think it will be available here so for me it's irrelevant. Perhaps eaglesband.com will offer it, along with those Tshirts. I will look there if I can get the thing to load.

My objection to PCHFC stands, though. They should have included ODAAT. PCHFC is readily available elsewhere.

Brooke
11-20-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm not buying it. Another money grab for them. :nope: JMO!

At least with bootlegs, the band isn't getting any money! As if they needed it! As much as I love them, this is ridiculous.

They might have gotten my interest with new songs, but PCHFC and HITW? Not! :roll:

Sorry. Rant over! :help:

sodascouts
11-20-2007, 03:46 PM
I got mine last night - I was happy to see that the Deluxe version only cost $2 more than the regular. Worth it for me. The other one will become my car copy, lol.

rcknalwys
11-20-2007, 06:32 PM
It's all about holding those pics in my own hot little hands!
:yay:

And as Molly mentioned, I like having all the things that are available, both collectively and their solo projects, including t shirts.

Given the costs of production, packaging, advertising, WalMart's cut, other musicians....well, you get the picture, there isn't an awful lot of profit being made, and if there is, so what? Can you really put a price on the pleasure we've all received from their efforts over the years? That comment about their music being the soundtrack of people's lives is right on target. I know that's true for me...and what are memories worth? They are priceless. So I guess you know I'll be buying my own deluxe edition...as soon as my WalMart gets them in.

Maleah
11-22-2007, 01:14 AM
Am I the only one who has another really nice pic of Joe in their deluxe edition?? I didn't see it posted here!

glenneaglesfan
11-22-2007, 06:44 AM
Wow, thanks for posting those pictures, Molly. Unsurprisingly, it's the last one which really took my breath away.

Regarding the deluxe edition, I have ordered it as well, for the sake of completion. I still haven't received either of the versions though! :?

sodascouts
11-22-2007, 03:34 PM
I cannot BELIEVE you haven't received the regular one yet GEF. I sent it a couple weeks ago! That's outrageous!

Molly
11-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Am I the only one who has another really nice pic of Joe in their deluxe edition?? I didn't see it posted here!

No, but it was already up on the official site -so I guess I figured if I had seen it -so had everyone else. Sorry about that.

Freypower
11-22-2007, 05:49 PM
That photo must be the one I posted in Joe's forum - the photo that came with the British version of the CD. It is certainly the one on the official site.

Maleah
11-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Ooooooooh I see.........sorry about that guys. I haven't been to the official site OR Joe's section of the board in a while :blush:

sodascouts
11-22-2007, 07:58 PM
Ooooooooh I see.........sorry about that guys. I haven't been to the official site OR Joe's section of the board in a while :blush:

Tsk, tsk! ;)

It's a great photo. It seems they decided to put the worst one of Joe in the first American booklet and then stick the better ones in the other editions! I did think it was interesting that on the band's MySpace (http://www.myspace.com/eaglesmusic), they use a different photo of Joe than the booklet one, although everyone else's is from the booklet. Maybe Joe said something! lol

sodascouts
12-01-2007, 09:27 AM
Irving Azoff sent an e-mail to Bob Lefsetz saying that the late release of the Deluxe Edition was unintentional:

"From: Irving Azoff By the way the only reason the Eagles special package came out late was that we got a bad batch of cloth and had to remanufacture or they would have been day and date. Lesser quality control guys would have shipped the crappy cloth but not us!"

Freypower
12-01-2007, 05:35 PM
So what happened to the 'quality control' when the songwriting credits were written, then? Which are correct?

The Bomber
12-01-2007, 05:39 PM
I think Azoff is full of it.

glenneaglesfan
12-02-2007, 05:48 PM
Can I just say that I am delighted with the deluxe edition, which is beautifully packaged in a way I haven't seen before. It's bound like a small hardback book, and for not much more than the original, it's very satisfying. This is not urging you to get another copy, but just a comment on the marketing.

rcknalwys
12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
GEF, I totally agree with you. I mentioned in another thread that I also bought one and I am so glad I did. It is a great package, no chance of losing the booklet since it's bound together. Besides, how great is it to have those pics?

tbs fanatic
12-03-2007, 12:28 PM
OMG - I love those pics. Especially the Tim and Joe ones (has anyone else noticed how great Joe is looking these days :shock: ). I hardly dare go to WalMart. I know I'll break down if I see it, even though I think it's insane to buy another one :roll: <chants to self: 'don't go, don't go, don't go'>.

Maleah
12-03-2007, 07:47 PM
(has anyone else noticed how great Joe is looking these days :shock: ).

Yes!!!!!!! He's looking fabulous!

tbs fanatic
12-04-2007, 10:59 AM
LOL :lol:

rcknalwys
12-04-2007, 01:08 PM
I totally agree, very hot pic of Joe. But oh my, the one of Timothy!

Jeff Cooke
12-15-2007, 12:26 AM
To those who are always whining about how the Eagles are just trying to make more money;

DUH! If you could you would and you know it so "get over it." Nobody is forcing anybody to buy anything. If you want it, get it. If you don't, don't but don't act like the rest of us are idiots for wanting it! Do you bitch about your local grocery store because they have more than one kind of perfume or soap? I didn't think so. Do you think the store is just in it for the money? Of course, that's business.

I'm glad to own both and I was in Wal*Mart at midnight for the release of both!

tbs fanatic
12-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Okay Jeff, calm yourself :lol: Have a hot toddy or something :D

EasyFeeling
12-20-2007, 11:38 AM
http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/froehlich/g020.gif
That reminds me of Billy, for some reason. :twisted: I wonder where he is. :hmm:

Jeff Cooke
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Okay Jeff, calm yourself :lol: Have a hot toddy or something :D

I don't even know what that is! I just get tired of people whining about stuff coming out from the Eagles after not having anything in a while. Friggin' retarded!!!

tbs fanatic
12-20-2007, 03:18 PM
Think 'warmed alcoholic drink' (something I quite fancy myself right now :D ).

Jeff Cooke
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM

I'm not a big drinker. I do drink but I've known too many alcoholics...lol. I prefer a more "herbal" relaxer.

EasyFeeling
12-21-2007, 05:46 AM

I'm not a big drinker. I do drink but I've known too many alcoholics...lol. I prefer a more "herbal" relaxer.

What is that? Has that stuff any effect? :twisted:

Jeff Cooke
12-21-2007, 05:04 PM

What is that? Has that stuff any effect? :twisted:

Well, you can put it in a paper, put it in a bowl, put it in a bong, and even put it in a brownie. And...yes!

EasyFeeling
12-22-2007, 07:10 AM
Ah, now I know what you mean. Yes, and it doesn't cause headaches, unlike alcohol. :wink:

tbs fanatic
12-22-2007, 10:16 PM
LOL - okay you two, behave yourselfs :lol:

Jeff Cooke
12-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Ooooooh, yeeeeah! :wink: