PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Brooke
11-21-2007, 03:23 PM
I hope everyone that celebrates this holiday a safe and happy one!

I found this little poem I thought inspirational:

Thanksgiving Prayer
Thank you, Lord, for each new
day you give to me,
For earth and sky and sand and sea,
For rainbows after springtime showers,
Autumn leaves and summer flowers,
Winter snowscapes so serene,
Harvest fields of gold and green,
Beauty shining all around,
Lilac scent and robin sound,
Stars that twinkle high above
And all the people that I love.
~Anon~

And I found this picture hilarious:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y63/desperado74/Extras/thanksgiving.jpg

rcknalwys
11-21-2007, 04:23 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all from me also. We won't be celebrating just yet, my kids are coming the 14th of December so we are waiting to celebrate until they get here. Then we'll have a real blow out, we'll be doing birthdays all around and the holidays in one fell swoop. I'm so excited, I can hardly wait.

DonFan
11-21-2007, 04:58 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

We are heading out in a few hours--"over the river and through the woods, to Grandmother's house we go"--for serious eating tomorrow and then serious shopping the next day!

Brooke
11-21-2007, 08:58 PM
We don't have to go far. My husband's mother lives about 2 miles from us and my parents live about 3 miles from us. It is "over the river and through the woods" though!

Our son had a 4 hour drive today and has made it safely.

We had a dusting of snow this afternoon! And went from 71 degrees F yesterday to 38 degrees F today!

sodascouts
11-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I'm spending Thanksgiving with a friend here in town. I had intended to go to Houston and spend it with my family but that didn't work out. :( We will be eating at the Cracker Barrel, lol.

The weather here has become horrendous. The rain outside is torrential and there's bad flooding. I feel sorry for people traveling tonight around here.

EasyFeeling
11-22-2007, 06:30 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. We Germans have something similar in September. It's called Erntedankfest.

glenneaglesfan
11-22-2007, 06:45 AM
Happy Thanksgiving to all of you who celebrate it! Hilarious picture, Brooke!

Mrs Frey
11-22-2007, 06:57 AM
A Happy Thanksgiving from me too to all of you celebrating the day.

Brooke, the poem you posted is very beautiful, and the picture is very cute!

Brooke and Soda, I'm sorry to read that the weather is so awful in the States right now. You won't believe it, but Cape Town is having "Strange Weather" too. Summer is supposed to be upon us, and yet we've had two days of heavy rain and vicious winds. It's been forecast to continue until the weekend, and it's liable to spoil our staff luncheon tomorrow, which we are having on the West Coast :( .

Molly
11-22-2007, 05:36 PM
We're having a quiet day here. Peter is home from school and Tom will be arriving shortly. Hubby's mom will be joining us as well.

It may be our last Thanksgiving together for a while since Tom will be leaving us within the next couple of months. He has some big plans ahead. So, I'm appreciating having him here this Holiday season more than ever.

Glennsallnighter
11-22-2007, 06:07 PM
I hope all of you who celebrate it are having a great Thanksgiving day.

Brooke, thats a lovely poem, and imagine! Snow already 8) . That must be lovely.

Soda, I hope the weather picks up for you. Can't be fun in that rain

And MF I hope the Strange Weather you are getting in SA picks up too in time for your luncheon. We had our Strange Weather earlier this year! - The Summer that never happened! :lol:

Molly and Donfan, I hope you have a great day with your families, and rcknalwys ; I hope your postponed Thanksgiving goes very well for you.

We don't celebrate Thanksgiving over here officially, although my son's creche had a little 'thanksgiving party' today which all the kids enjoyed.