PDA

View Full Version : Don Felder participates in Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp

Houston Baby
06-09-2016, 08:26 AM
I wasn't quite sure where to place this item.
I received this notice from American Express last night ......

CARD MEMBER EXCLUSIVE

Register to Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp featuring rock icon Paul Stanley of KISS and Don Felder (formerly of the Eagles)!
Campers have the opportunity to customize their camp experience based on their skills. There are several camp packages to choose from where campers can be placed in a band based on instrumental preference and ability, or focus on songwriter/vocalist skills with other fantasy campers.

Campers will start rehearsals under the guidance of one of the rock star counselors such as VINNY APPICE (Black Sabbath, Dio), RUDY SARZO (Whitesnake, Quiet Riot), TRACII GUNS (LA Guns), and many more...

At camp you will jam live on stage with Paul Stanley and Don Felder, take photos, and get your memorabilia signed by them. Campers will also get to jam live on stage at Whisky A Go Go with Paul Stanley.

American Express® Card Member registration includes:
• Early entry to the camp to pre-register and access the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp facility, rehearsal rooms, and production crew
• Ability to take unlimited pictures, get autographs and mingle with the rock star counselors prior to the opening of camp
• Access to a private all-star counselor jam and rehearsal
• Attend an exclusive catered luncheon with the rock star counselors

sodascouts
06-09-2016, 04:53 PM
This deserves its own thread. I vaguely remember him doing this before, I think.

Here's the site: http://www.rockcamp.com/fantasy-camp-with-paul-stanley-2016.php

Prices range from $800 (The "Victim of Love Groupie Package") to $8000 (The "Rock and Roll All Nite Headliner/Recording Package"). There is also a $6000 "New Kid in Town Package for Junior Rockers." That's for 10-16 year olds. You'll find a few other packages on the site as well, all several thousand dollars apiece - if you want to go "cheap", go Groupie, lol.

Anyone thinking about going?

travlnman2
06-09-2016, 10:12 PM
, TRACII GUNS (LA Guns, Guns N Roses)

He is afounding member and Original Lead Guitarist :rockguitar:

Jonny Come Lately
06-10-2016, 08:16 AM
, TRACII GUNS (LA Guns, Guns N Roses)

He is afounding member and Original Lead Guitarist :rockguitar:

So that's where the 'Guns' part of their name comes from? I'm far from a G n' R expert, so must plead ignorance - I knew the latter part came from Axl's last name, but I didn't know the first part had any significance. Thank you for that!

Sounds like a pretty cool event overall, especially if you also like KISS.

NightMistBlue
06-10-2016, 10:10 AM
I wonder if Forum member Chaim would dig this. She sounds brilliant though, and could certainly be one of the instructors rather than a student.