PDA

View Full Version : Don Henley in Stockholm, Sweden - June 20, 2016

shunlvswx
06-20-2016, 09:12 PM
Here are a few videos from tonight or last night for Sweden.

From what I read on facebook. Don did. Drum roll everybody. The Last Resort. I hope its still in the set by the time Don comes back to the US in July.

Desperado
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuNg2ksw6HM

I'm thinking this is The Last Resort. Its listed as Paradise. Its block in the US. :cry: I hope somebody can see it. Is their a way to see a block video on Youtube?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viMc-bQnNcw

Hotel Calfornia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7gALDxDP04

Life In the Fast Lane
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aetdWTpcuhU

sodascouts
06-20-2016, 09:34 PM
Thanks, shun. A lot of people will be pleased to hear about "The Last Resort"!

Freypower
06-20-2016, 09:45 PM
It's The Last Resort, alright.

Philh
06-21-2016, 03:16 AM
There are some photos from last night on Rockfoto.net
Good to see Steuart Smith in the band!

DivineDon
06-21-2016, 04:10 AM
Thanks. 'The Last Resort' - just fabulous! :faint:

shunlvswx
06-21-2016, 06:49 AM
Here's an article about the show. I had to use a translation website to translate the article from Swedish to English.

http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/musikbloggen/2016/06/don-henley-ar-bast-som-country-boy/

All the Eagles success however Don Henley the innermost part is still a country boy from Texas.
It is when he really goes back to the roots of this show really touch.

After Glenn Frey's death will be no more Eagles, it was Don Henley clear with signalling last winter. So it is now to Henley we may contact us if we wish to hear the prewire Californian classics.

One and the other in the audience has certainly come for the Eagles songs in the evening and we may in fact few, but Henley has also said that he is not interested in becoming a jukebox, so the focus is strongly on his successful 80-century plates and, above all, on illuminating last year turn-up "Cass County".

Where Henley embrace his country roots, the music that shaped him while growing up in Linden, Texas. And on the stage frames he and seven-piece band with pedal steel, fiddle, mandolin and three brilliant choirs shoes - Erica Swindell, Lara Johnston and Lily Elise- which both engages Louvin Brothers old "When I Stop Dreaming" and duets free fill the shoes after Dolly Parton as Martina McBride.

Henley's also the brilliant interpreter of darkness and pain lurking beneath the beautiful surface and framgångsfernissan in Los Angeles. "Sunset Grill" and "The end of the innocence" will still something and is also refined composed songs.

He picks up the Eagles epic, rarely played "The Last Resort", about man's eternal tendency to destroy himself, feels like a commentary on the political situation at home in the United States. The somewhat unexpected cover of Tears for Fears' Everybody wants to rule the world "as well.

It also honors Henley that he manages to get the audience to put aside their mobiles for almost the entire show ( "As we used to say in the 60's: Be Here Now"). At the same time feels himself not always one hundred percent currently, some of those must-songs go a little routine.

And a part of all that which sold discs in the Eighties has de facto time has not been so kind.

Desperada
06-21-2016, 08:56 AM
Thank you Shunlvswx, I really enjoyed the Don Henley video's and the write up on the show! Great find and excellent work on the translation!
I am really looking forward to July 1st!

shunlvswx
06-21-2016, 09:20 AM
I forgot to add. The setlist is in the article. Their is a Long Road Out of Eden song in the set, but Don's not singing it from what I read.

shunlvswx
06-21-2016, 09:55 AM
I translated something else from the article.

Don Henley
Plats: Globen, Stockholm. Publik: Halva arenan är avskärmad och somliga platser gapar tomma så kanske 3 000. Längd: 128 minuter. Bäst: ”The last resort”, ”New York minute” och Tift Merritts ”Bramble rose”. Sämst: ”All she wants to do is dance” är ingen svängfest, titeln till trots.

Don Henley
Location: Globe Arena, Stockholm. Audience: Half the stadium is closed off and some places are empty and maybe 3 000. Length: 128 minutes. The best: "The Last Resort", "New York minute" and Tift Merritt's "Bramble Rose". Worst: "All she wants to do is dance" is not a swing party, title aside.

buffyfan145
06-21-2016, 10:44 AM
Thanks so much Shun for all the vids and the article!!! :D That is so great he sang "The Last Resort"!!! Unexpected with that Tears for Fears cover but I love that song. I'm so excited to finally see him in August!!! :D

L101
06-21-2016, 11:08 AM
Shun - I've downloaded 'The Last Resort' from Stockholm last night to Dailymotion so hopefully this is not blocked. Can you let me know if you can see it and if not, I'll remove it.

I kept the name 'Paradise' 'cos I think its apt and also to hopefully avoid the song being blocked :grin:

http://dai.ly/x4hm6ea

shunlvswx
06-21-2016, 11:27 AM
Thanks, L101. I'm going to wait until I get home to watch it and see if it works. Its not coming up at my computer at work. That website is probably block. I tried the other video you posted in the other thread and another video on the site and its not coming up either. So I will check when I get home.

I'll tell you then. Thanks for putting it up.

Glennsallnighter
06-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Sounds like a great night and I am delighted that The Last Resort is being played. I have wanted to see Don do it live since I heard it first almost 10 years ago. It looks like a great eclectic set list too. I hope he keeps it for Glasgow and the Irish shows. Great too that he also allowed pics to be taken during HC

Freypower
06-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Thanks so much Shun for all the vids and the article!!! :D That is so great he sang "The Last Resort"!!! Unexpected with that Tears for Fears cover but I love that song. I'm so excited to finally see him in August!!! :D

He has been playing that song for years.

FWIW
06-21-2016, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the article and videos Shun! I am getting very excited about Don's upcoming show. I will have no complaints if the set list stays the same. It covers his entire career quite well!

I was a bit disappointed to read that he didn't mention Glenn at all. I respect his reasons, but I won't lie -- it does hurt a little.

shunlvswx
06-21-2016, 08:41 PM
It didn't come up, L101. It said the page is either restricted or not doesn't exist.

Does anybody else have this problem or is it just me?

shunlvswx
06-21-2016, 09:12 PM
Here are some pictures from last night's show.

http://www.rockfoto.nu/artists/don-henley/20160620/23455/photos/197581

LuvTim
06-21-2016, 10:46 PM
It didn't come up, L101. It said the page is either restricted or not doesn't exist.

I got a restricted page.

Brooke
06-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Shun, thanks for the pics.

Don is looking great, but it's sad to see him with another band. I'm sure it's hard for him, but he had to move on.

shunlvswx
06-22-2016, 09:41 AM
True, Brooke. Its probably hard for everybody in the band who have been faithful members of the backing band for 15 years(22 for Scott). Other than Erica, Lily, Lara, Milo and Chris, he's played with the same guys for 15 years. Well actually 16 years with Will and Michael (and even Lance) since they started working with Don since the Inside Job era.

They will be with Don I guess until they decided they want to leave, but I don't see Scott, Michael, Steuart or Will going anywhere at this moment. I'm still shock Lance is still in the band since he only gets called when Don goes on tour, but I guess he doesn't have to worry about that anymore. I'm glad they stayed with Don or Don kept them. They are now employees of Don full time now.

L101
06-22-2016, 02:32 PM

I've changed the settings on the video - I hope it works for you :-)

shunlvswx
06-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Thanks, L101. I can see it now.

Wow!! It was a great. He sounded good. He didn't need the orchestra. LOL But Don should know that Will or Michael can make the orchestra sound on the keyboard. LOL

I've heard that Don has played this song in his solo show before, but for me. This is the first time I've heard this song in any show since the HFO special.

Thanks, L101.

sodascouts
06-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Great photos! Don's looking well.

I'm glad he added "The Last Resort" - it's something a bit different. I hope it lasts the whole tour.

I, too, am disappointed that he didn't mention Glenn at all, but I'm sure he has his reasons. It doesn't diminish the bond they shared. I just know that at the Joe concert, the Glenn dedication was an emotional moment when all the fans could, collectively, remember Glenn together. It was lovely; all of us, united in recognizing the depth of his importance and how much we missed him. It's too bad Eagles fans going to Don's shows won't get to experience that.

Again, though, it sounds like a great show! I'm looking forward to New Year's Eve!

shunlvswx
06-22-2016, 04:34 PM
To tell the truth. I really didn't expect Don to pay tribute to Glenn or say something. SO I really wasn't surprised. He just don't seem like that kind of person who would that. Maybe he is. I don't know.

Joe really hasn't opened up yet. Even though he's paying tribute to Glenn in show, he still can't talk about him. Luckily singing Take It To the Limit is baby steps for Joe.

Whenever that time comes when Don do say something or dedicated a song, he will do it. But right now, I don't think Don is going to do any of those things right now. He needs to heal. I just hate Don is getting the "he needs to say something about Glenn" thing. I'm sorry, but its getting old. Whenever he feels like saying something, he will. Let the man heal.

But anyway. I don't want to get into why Don is not saying anything about Glenn fight. I'm glad he's out and about. And thank you L101 for posting that video. I really enjoyed it.

Freypower
06-22-2016, 07:27 PM
To tell the truth. I really didn't expect Don to pay tribute to Glenn or say something. SO I really wasn't surprised. He just don't seem like that kind of person who would that. Maybe he is. I don't know.

Joe really hasn't opened up yet. Even though he's paying tribute to Glenn in show, he still can't talk about him. Luckily singing Take It To the Limit is baby steps for Joe.

Whenever that time comes when Don do say something or dedicated a song, he will do it. But right now, I don't think Don is going to any of those things right now. He needs to heal. I just hate Don is getting the "he needs say something about Glenn" thing. I'm sorry, but its getting old. Whenever he feels like saying something, he will. Let the man heal.

But anyway. I don't want to get into why Don is not saying anything about Glenn fight. I'm glad he's out and about. And thank you L101 for posting that video. I really enjoyed it.

It has only been five months.

I'm not going to debate this further either, but I thought perhaps it was a reasonable assumption that some sort of mention would be made, however brief.

LuvTim
06-22-2016, 07:56 PM
I've changed the settings on the video - I hope it works for you :-)

Oh my goodness, that was beautifully done. That's always been one of my favorites.
Thank you, L101. :-)

sodascouts
06-23-2016, 08:44 PM
I just hate Don is getting the "he needs to say something about Glenn" thing. I'm sorry, but its getting old. Whenever he feels like saying something, he will. Let the man heal.

I wasn't trying to be hyper-critical of Don. As I said, I know he has his reasons.

As far as the discussion "getting old," I take it you are referring to discussions elsewhere, because I don't believe we've been harping upon the topic. The above post was my first statement about it and even then, I tried to be gentle in my phrasing so as not to offend. I was obviously unsuccessful, though!