PDA

View Full Version : Buy a guitar signed by the Eagles!

Maleah
11-24-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm sure you all have always wanted an autographed Eagles guitar! ;) Right? Buy one from Sam's Club! They're ONLY $2500 and the proceeds go to Walden Woods. ;)

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/BREAKING%20NEWS/852104/

sodascouts
11-24-2007, 02:00 AM
I'm sure you all have always wanted an autographed Eagles guitar! ;) Right? Buy one from Sam's Club! They're ONLY $2500 and the proceeds go to Walden Woods. ;)

What a bargain! Now I know what to get my brother-in-law for Christmas! lol

I wonder how many guitars make up a "limited quantity"? Makes you wonder how many guitars these guys sign for promotional purposes.

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2007, 05:06 AM

This is very tempting as I need a new guitar anyway! I was going to try an electric one, but imagine having a guitar signed by GLENN :heart: Oh wow!

I'm doing some serious sums in my head as I write this!

I suppose they would be reasonably good quality for that price....

rcknalwys
11-24-2007, 12:02 PM
Although $2500 is awfully expensive, if I had that kind of money to spend I'd be tempted. I have seen guitars signed by Timothy on eBay for around $250, I'd definately spring for that one!
It would be fabulous for you to have that signed guitar GAN...good luck on the figuring. Tell me, would you actually play it or just look at it and enjoy having it?

glenneaglesfan
11-24-2007, 05:31 PM
With exchange rates as they are at the moment, it's not completely outrageous. If I could actually play, I'd think about it.

Glennsallnighter
11-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Although $2500 is awfully expensive, if I had that kind of money to spend I'd be tempted. I have seen guitars signed by Timothy on eBay for around $250, I'd definately spring for that one!
It would be fabulous for you to have that signed guitar GAN...good luck on the figuring. Tell me, would you actually play it or just look at it and enjoy having it?

Oh, I'd play it! :guitar: Definitely! And proudly

sodascouts
11-24-2007, 08:35 PM
More power to you, GA! Go for it!

Glennsallnighter
11-25-2007, 07:01 AM
The more I think about it, the more I'm tempted! And oh am I tempted! Exchange rates are very 'good' now as well (if you're Irish!). Have to run it by hubby first tho :wink: :roll:

And I just LOVE the av Soda :D

Claire
11-25-2007, 01:17 PM
I'm tempted too but I planned to buy a new electric guitar... maybe another time :D
You're right GA, with exchange rates in euro it's a pretty good deal :wink:

DonFan
11-25-2007, 03:36 PM
I wonder how long it will be before someone buys one and then posts it for resale on Ebay?

sodascouts
11-25-2007, 04:33 PM
I wonder how long it will be before someone buys one and then posts it for resale on Ebay?

And before some sucker buys it?

Glennsallnighter
11-25-2007, 05:45 PM
It only gives details on the website for shipping to all US states so I don't know if they'll ship to Ireland.

Here's what they look like anyway:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/sigtakamine.jpg

And heres what we all wanted to see......The sigs :wink:

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/0040639982279_L2.jpg

Imagine taking that out of its case at a sing song?

Worth $2500?

Definitely :D

Brooke
11-25-2007, 06:57 PM
I don't know. Are they hand signed or "auto" signed? Bet they're not hand signed.

Glennsallnighter
11-25-2007, 07:01 PM
How could we find out?

sodascouts
11-25-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't know. Are they hand signed or "auto" signed? Bet they're not hand signed.

I wondered that too, but it says "hand-signed" on the description.

rcknalwys
11-25-2007, 08:32 PM
Thanks for the closeup of the signatures. That is such an awesome thing, good luck on getting it if you decide to GA. And DF, I'd bet you're right, if someone does buy it who's not a hard core fan like those of us here, they'll put it on eBay....and then just imagine what it would go for!
Love the AV Soda.

Glennsallnighter
11-26-2007, 05:14 PM
With exchange rates as they are at the moment, it's not completely outrageous. If I could actually play, I'd think about it.

Learning to play isn't completely outrageous either GEF! Once you have 3 major chords in one key (such as G or D) and the corresponding minor chord, there's a lot you can play. I taught myself in 2 hours when I was 14. Still the same guitar as I have now.

I think its time for a new one... :wink:

Mrs Frey
11-28-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm tempted too but I planned to buy a new electric guitar... maybe another time :D
You're right GA, with exchange rates in euro it's a pretty good deal :wink:

Claire, it's great for you and GA that the exchange rates in Euro are good. Unfortunately, it is around 8 South African Rand to the US Dollar right now (and has been for a long time), so $2,500.00 translates into R20,000.00. Ouch! If I could afford it, I'd buy one, as I love the sound of the Takamine guitars - especially the 12-string guitars that Glenn :heart: plays. It would have been more tempting if it were a Fender Telecaster, which is the electric guitar that I'd like to buy for myself - I already have an acoustic. By the way, Claire - are you a musician? Are you involved in a band?

Mrs Frey
11-28-2007, 07:40 AM

Learning to play isn't completely outrageous either GEF! Once you have 3 major chords in one key (such as G or D) and the corresponding minor chord, there's a lot you can play. I taught myself in 2 hours when I was 14. Still the same guitar as I have now.
I think its time for a new one... :wink:

Wow, GA - I was 13 when I first started playing! My mom showed me C, F and G7, and I immediately started playing "Silent Night"! I still have my first guitar (a gift from my parents), but I don't play it anymore. I bought my second one in 1999, and it's been my ol' faithful ever since. I noticed recently when I was watching F1 that Joe had a guitar strap with the Stars and Stripes on it. I felt so chuffed since that's the same design I have on my guitar strap! :D

Oh, and thanks, GA, for posting those pictures of the signed guitars. Gosh, I wish they could sign MY guitar... :blush:

Glennsallnighter
11-28-2007, 08:11 AM
MF I don't believe it! SILENT NIGHT was the first song I played on my guitar also!! Amazing! I still have the same guitar.

Girls I've decided! Hubby or no hubby I'm going to order a guitar. The only thing that will prevent me is logistics, ie will they be prepared to ship to Ireland. I can't see myself being able to escape paying duty either but as a lot of the cost goes to charity the actual value of a takamine may be less so hope fully thats all I'd have to pay for. Wish me luck!

To have that guitar by Christmas would be perfect!

DonFan
11-28-2007, 10:05 AM
It is wonderful that you are buying the guitar, and it is for a worthy charity. I thought about it, but then I thought, $2,500 would buy a lot of Eagles concert tickets.....

Anyway, good luck, GEF!

Claire
11-28-2007, 02:05 PM
Claire, it's great for you and GA that the exchange rates in Euro are good. Unfortunately, it is around 8 South African Rand to the US Dollar right now (and has been for a long time), so $2,500.00 translates into R20,000.00. Ouch! If I could afford it, I'd buy one, as I love the sound of the Takamine guitars - especially the 12-string guitars that Glenn :heart: plays. It would have been more tempting if it were a Fender Telecaster, which is the electric guitar that I'd like to buy for myself - I already have an acoustic. By the way, Claire - are you a musician? Are you involved in a band?

Yes MF, I started playing the piano when I was about 6 then stopped for some years... Now I'm trying to work it again (I'm learning The Last Resort at this time :D ). I play the guitar too, occasionally in a band. I'm planning to get a Fender Stratocaster (quite a classic model but I was blown away when I tried it!). I love the Takamines sound too, you won't be disappointed if you get one GA! Good luck!
And you MF, are you playing in a band?

sodascouts
11-28-2007, 02:15 PM
Girls I've decided! Hubby or no hubby I'm going to order a guitar. The only thing that will prevent me is logistics, ie will they be prepared to ship to Ireland. I can't see myself being able to escape paying duty either but as a lot of the cost goes to charity the actual value of a takamine may be less so hope fully thats all I'd have to pay for. Wish me luck!

To have that guitar by Christmas would be perfect!

Oooh, I'm so excited for you! You go, girl!

Glennsallnighter
11-28-2007, 07:01 PM
I tried. They're out of stock :weep: :weep: :weep:
I suppose I should have moved sooner but it was a big commitment and I had to be sure. I'm hoping they may stock more and will keep checking but its no go for now. :(

DonFan
11-28-2007, 07:15 PM
They are already out of stock? I'm so sorry! Makes you wonder how many they had in their first place?

Glennsallnighter
11-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah, doesn't it? The ad said they'd be available until the 31st December. Now I regret the few days consideration I gave it. Ah well, who knows what might happen?

sodascouts
11-28-2007, 09:57 PM
What a disappointment! We can only hope Sam's Club can coax the guys into signing some more of them.

glenneaglesfan
11-29-2007, 07:10 AM
Aw, I'm sorry to hear about that, GA. Maybe they will stock some more.

Glennsallnighter
11-29-2007, 07:00 PM
Well the good news is that they have some Black ones in stock with the sigs in Gold. :D They look really classy even though the blonde would have been my first choice. The bad news is that they don't seem to recognise Ireland on their delivery list/membership list. So I've emailed them to see if there's anything they can do for me. But I doubt it :( . If anyone has any contacts or brainwaves would you mind getting in touch please. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

Mrs Frey
11-30-2007, 06:10 AM
MF I don't believe it! SILENT NIGHT was the first song I played on my guitar also!! Amazing! I still have the same guitar.

That IS amazing, GA! :shock:

Mrs Frey
11-30-2007, 06:20 AM

Yes MF, I started playing the piano when I was about 6 then stopped for some years... Now I'm trying to work it again (I'm learning The Last Resort at this time :D ). I play the guitar too, occasionally in a band. I'm planning to get a Fender Stratocaster (quite a classic model but I was blown away when I tried it!). I love the Takamines sound too, you won't be disappointed if you get one GA! Good luck!
And you MF, are you playing in a band?

Wow, Claire - I wish I could play the piano. I tinkered with the keyboard as a child, but only played with one hand, i.e. I didn't learn piano chords. When I started playing guitar, that became my passion, so I never got round to learning to play the piano properly :(. I might just consider taking lessons at some point - I don't know when, though.

To answer your question: yes, I do play in a band - I've been involved in two gigging bands over 5 years, and before that I was always doing music in some form or another, whether it be performing in the high school's beauty pageant, the school choir, performing for friends or a house (non-gigging) band. I'm strictly a rhythm guitarist - that's why I wouldn't consider buying a Fender Stratocaster, as it would be wasted on me! :blush: It's a fantastically versatile guitar, so you'll get many hours of pleasure from it if you decide to buy one. It's great that you play in a band too. You go, girl! Do you sing? I sing lead vocals in the band in which I play, and we have three Eagles songs in our repertoire: "Tequila Sunrise", "Lyin' Eyes" and "Hotel California", all of which I have the pleasure of singing! :D :D :D

Mrs Frey
11-30-2007, 06:22 AM
Well the good news is that they have some Black ones in stock with the sigs in Gold. :D They look really classy even though the blonde would have been my first choice. The bad news is that they don't seem to recognise Ireland on their delivery list/membership list. So I've emailed them to see if there's anything they can do for me. But I doubt it :( . If anyone has any contacts or brainwaves would you mind getting in touch please. I'd appreciate it. Thanks

I hope you manage to pull a rabbit out of the hat, GA - I know how much you want one of those guitars.

Glennsallnighter
11-30-2007, 09:14 AM
Thanks MF. I appreciate the support. There are a few rabbits starting to peek out :D

Ive always been a dreamer
11-30-2007, 08:35 PM
Wow GA - I sure hope you get a chance to purchase one of the signed guitars. That would definitely be very cool.

rcknalwys
12-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Hope the "luck of the Irish" stands you in good stead GA...we're all pulling for you.

Glennsallnighter
12-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Thanks....everyone :D :D

I emailed samsclub on Thursday evening but haven't heard back from them yet. We'll have to see.

EasyFeeling
12-03-2007, 01:52 PM
Wow GA, you want to buy this guitar? That's cool! :D I'll cross my fingers for you. :D

Claire
12-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow, Claire - I wish I could play the piano. I tinkered with the keyboard as a child, but only played with one hand, i.e. I didn't learn piano chords. When I started playing guitar, that became my passion, so I never got round to learning to play the piano properly :(. I might just consider taking lessons at some point - I don't know when, though.

To answer your question: yes, I do play in a band - I've been involved in two gigging bands over 5 years, and before that I was always doing music in some form or another, whether it be performing in the high school's beauty pageant, the school choir, performing for friends or a house (non-gigging) band. I'm strictly a rhythm guitarist - that's why I wouldn't consider buying a Fender Stratocaster, as it would be wasted on me! :blush: It's a fantastically versatile guitar, so you'll get many hours of pleasure from it if you decide to buy one. It's great that you play in a band too. You go, girl! Do you sing? I sing lead vocals in the band in which I play, and we have three Eagles songs in our repertoire: "Tequila Sunrise", "Lyin' Eyes" and "Hotel California", all of which I have the pleasure of singing! :D :D :D

You should try the piano MF! It seems you play the guitar since many years so it shouldn't be so difficult for you, as you probably already know much about music! By the way, you're a really active musician, I'm impressed! I've never performed live with a band but I would love to give it a try...
Actually, I don't sing in my band, we're mostly working musical parts for the moment (we have a lead singer though), and we don't rehearse really regularly... Though, I spend many hours playing on my own and I enjoy singing, (particularly on Eagles songs so I can understand the pleasure you have by doing lead vocals in those you mentionned! :wink: )
By the way, how are the Fender Telecasters? I've never tried one...

GA, I've just seen the black takamine on samsclub's website and... :shock: !!! I absolutely love it! Hope you'll let us know if you manage to get one :)

tbs fanatic
12-04-2007, 10:58 AM
Thanks....everyone :D :D

I emailed samsclub on Thursday evening but haven't heard back from them yet. We'll have to see.

Wow, this is getting nail biting LOL. We are all on the edge of our seats GA hoping you get it. :rockguitar:

Mrs Frey
12-06-2007, 06:32 AM

You should try the piano MF! It seems you play the guitar since many years so it shouldn't be so difficult for you, as you probably already know much about music! By the way, you're a really active musician, I'm impressed! I've never performed live with a band but I would love to give it a try...
Actually, I don't sing in my band, we're mostly working musical parts for the moment (we have a lead singer though), and we don't rehearse really regularly... Though, I spend many hours playing on my own and I enjoy singing, (particularly on Eagles songs so I can understand the pleasure you have by doing lead vocals in those you mentionned! :wink: )
By the way, how are the Fender Telecasters? I've never tried one...

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Claire - you'll have to hear me first, though, to be able to assess my abilities! It sounds like you really enjoy your music - I hope your band will get to performing live soon. You asked about Fender Telecasters - well, I have only tried playing one once, and it's very impressive. It has a distinctive sound - perfect for country rock songs, particularly a song like "Lyin' Eyes". My friend, who is a huge Eagles fan and who plays lead guitar in our band, owns a Telecaster, and I just flip when he plays those "Lyin' Eyes" riffs on it. It's just not as versatile as a Stratocaster. The Strat has a tremolo arm (Hank Marvin of The Shadows made good use of it!), which the telecaster doesn't - that's one obvious difference. I suppose I'll have to learn to play both properly to go into more detail, but until that day comes, that is all I can tell you! Until my ship comes in :wink:, I'll have to be happy playing an acoustic.

Claire
12-13-2007, 03:10 PM
Thanks for your vote of confidence, Claire - you'll have to hear me first, though, to be able to assess my abilities! It sounds like you really enjoy your music - I hope your band will get to performing live soon. You asked about Fender Telecasters - well, I have only tried playing one once, and it's very impressive. It has a distinctive sound - perfect for country rock songs, particularly a song like "Lyin' Eyes". My friend, who is a huge Eagles fan and who plays lead guitar in our band, owns a Telecaster, and I just flip when he plays those "Lyin' Eyes" riffs on it. It's just not as versatile as a Stratocaster. The Strat has a tremolo arm (Hank Marvin of The Shadows made good use of it!), which the telecaster doesn't - that's one obvious difference. I suppose I'll have to learn to play both properly to go into more detail, but until that day comes, that is all I can tell you! Until my ship comes in :wink:, I'll have to be happy playing an acoustic.

Thanks for your comments about the Telecasters MF! I'm really interested in trying one now.
A friend just lent me his Stratocaster for a few weeks and I can really attest it's versatile as you said! I love this guitar :)...

glenneaglesfan
12-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Well, I'm just very impressed by all of you who can play an instrument. My son has a Gibson Les Paul (Epiphone version) in sunburst red (remind you of anyone? :wink:) and can play a few licks on it quite well.

GA, did you ever hear back from samsclub?

Maleah
12-14-2007, 04:55 PM
That's what I want......a Les Paul :D But I think I want one in either white with he black trim or black

rcknalwys
12-24-2007, 03:19 PM
Hi GA, just checking in to see if you've heard anything back about the guitar?

Glennsallnighter
12-26-2007, 03:52 AM
Samsclub won't entertain requests to sent things out of the US, although I have pestered them several times. Someone on the board is doing a lot on the US end of things for me. We're very hopeful.....PLEASE keep fingers crossed :wink:

Mrs Frey
12-26-2007, 06:47 AM
Good luck, GA! I know how desperately you want the guitar! :pray:

Glennsallnighter
12-28-2007, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the good wishes MF! Keep Praying!

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
Well if anyone wants to know why I have an earsplitting grin on my face at the moment its because

:yay: :yay: :yay: MY GUITAR ARRIVED TODAY! :yay: :yay: :yay:
Its gorgeous and I love it!

Many thanks to all of you for your support, good wishes and encouragement, particularly last December when it looked like it might not happen.

And Soda in particular without which it WOULDN'T have happened :hug: :hug: :hug:

It arrived while I was out. Hubby took it in. The only thing he noticed was the valuation :hilarious: . Luckily he's placid enough.

He suggested I keep it in the attic office at night in case we are broken into.

Not a hope sunshine....He's working tonight :wink: My guitar will be in my BED! I'll waken up on Valentines morning beside Glenn :heart: ....or his sig anyway :wink:

Pics wil follow when I can get a bit more spruced up.

Once again, thanks for the support everyone.

Wow! I've just realised that this is my 1300th post!

EasyFeeling
02-13-2008, 01:06 PM
Congratulations on that guitar GA, that is really great!!! :yay: :D And of course to your 1300th post, but that is secondary today I think. :wink:

I wonder if you will get any sleep tonight with that bedfellow. :wink:

tbs fanatic
02-13-2008, 01:13 PM
WOW! Congratulations to you :D That is FANTASTIC. Cannot wait to see a picture.

:guitar:

Perfect Little Sister
02-13-2008, 01:18 PM
Congrats GA! Enjoy!! :D

sodascouts
02-13-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm so glad it got there OK - I was terribly nervous shipping such a valuable item. Have fun! ;)

Brooke
02-13-2008, 02:35 PM
Wonderful Ga! I'm so happy for you! :yay:

Yes, a pic with that is a must! Rock on, woman! :guitar:

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 06:45 PM
Congratulations on that guitar GA, that is really great!!! :yay: :D And of course to your 1300th post, but that is secondary today I think. :wink:

I think not :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-13-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm so glad it got there OK - I was terribly nervous shipping such a valuable item. Have fun! ;)

I too was nervous. I knew I had nothing to worry about from your end and that you would do your best for me but you just never know. Anything can happen a postal consignment and its totally out of anyone's hands. It had a slight delay when it arrived in Ireland while the duty payable was sorted out :roll: (The nature of the business and all that). But once again thanks! :hug:

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:48 AM

I too was nervous. I knew I had nothing to worry about from your end and that you would do your best for me but you just never know. Anything can happen a postal consignment and its totally out of anyone's hands. It had a slight delay when it arrived in Ireland while the duty payable was sorted out :roll: (The nature of the business and all that). But once again thanks! :hug:

Oh, GA, you are SO sharp! :D

As you know already, I am so happy for you that you finally got your guitar. I hope it brings you many hours of pleasure. We need to play together some time. We'll do a good job of those Eagles and Glenn :heart: songs we both love so much. :nod:

Soda, I would just like to commend you for so generously organising this for GA. You really are a fantastic friend.

Mrs Frey
02-14-2008, 02:49 AM

I think not :wink:

Ooh, GA, you are such a bad girl! :twisted: :wink:

glenneaglesfan
02-14-2008, 06:45 AM
Woohoo!! Congratulations on getting the guitar, GA! I know I has been a huge feat of endurance getting over all the obstacles, but now you have it. What a wonderful friend Soda has been to help you.

Look forward to seeing it in the flesh. How will you dare to play it with those signatures!

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 01:11 PM
I AM playing it but taking great care not to muss the sigs. The first song I played was PEF! Regretfully I may have to get a bag to hide it in to prevent it from getting damaged. I hope you get to see it in the flesh if you are in Dublin again GEF.

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Now I don't want this to sound like bragging but I have to share this - last night I had Glenn :heart: Frey, Don Henley, Timothy B Schmit and Joe Walsh next to me in my bed. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

02-14-2008, 01:18 PM
Now I don't want this to sound like bragging but I have to share this - last night I had Glenn :heart: Frey, Don Henley, Timothy B Schmit and Joe Walsh next to me in my bed. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Oh that doesn't sound like bragging at all, GA. :wink: :wink:

Brooke
02-14-2008, 02:58 PM
And I can only imagine that you had one of those nights!

And I don't think it was a peaceful, easy, feeling! :wink: :laugh:

But, I can't tell you why!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Glennsallnighter
02-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Very Good Brooke!

It was definitely 'Life in the Fast Lane' and I did not 'Take it Easy' at anystage :wink:

Congratulations on 1700 posts!

DonFan
02-14-2008, 07:29 PM
Congrats on the guitar, GA!! I can't wait to see a picture of you playing it!

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 03:28 AM
Dreamer, Brooke and GA - you girls are SO clever! :lol:

GA, do you think you could share the boys with me from now on? You know, I'll have Glenn :heart: one night, and then you have the other three, and then I have Glenn :heart: the next night, and then you have the other three, and so on. You know. :wink: :twisted:

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 05:16 AM
Dreamer, Brooke and GA - you girls are SO clever! :lol:

GA, do you think you could share the boys with me from now on? You know, I'll have Glenn :heart: one night, and then you have the other three, and then I have Glenn :heart: the next night, and then you have the other three, and so on. You know. :wink: :twisted:

Strict Rotation MF! Strict Rotation.

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 06:10 AM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

GA, I'm sure you noticed that my plan included ALWAYS having Glenn :heart: to myself. :twisted: :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 06:14 AM
But Surely MF you understand thats impossible when after all the real thing is here in Dublin :wink:

Mrs Frey
02-15-2008, 06:21 AM
A girl CAN dream, though, can't she? :wink:

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 06:23 AM
Oh yes! Particularly when she's lying next to those 4 names!

tbs fanatic
02-15-2008, 12:48 PM
Picture please :D

Glennsallnighter
02-15-2008, 02:34 PM
On the way! Need to spruce myself up first.....make me worthy of it! You understand I'm sure!!

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 06:40 AM
Oh, GA! You're gorgeous enough as you are! You don't need sprucing up! :D

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 07:09 AM
Oh believe me MF! I do!

Right! Pics for those of you requesting them!

Thats the guitar itself in all its glory. They do appear to be signed in pen and have a slightly rough feel. Of course I'm hoping 'wear and tear' won't diminish them.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Guitar1-1.jpg

Did a close up of the sigs. Glenn :heart: 's takes up most space! I'm not complaining
:D
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/Guitar2-1.jpg

And finally me playing it. Timtot took the pic which explains why part of my brain is missing. I think she was trying to send me a message! 'Superman' decided to be part of it just as she was pressing the button!
http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t236/Irisheaglesfan/DSC00868.jpg

Mrs Frey
02-18-2008, 07:46 AM
Oh, my goodness, GA. That picture is just beautiful! You look fantastic! The guitar is pretty gorgeous, too! Your little one is so adorable in his Superman outfit. Awww... Thanks for sharing that with us!

Glennsallnighter
02-18-2008, 08:25 AM
I'm glad you like the pics MF!

DonFan
02-18-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks for posting the pics, GA! The guitar is a work of art--I can't believe you actually got it. Yay!

02-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Awww - GA, that is a wonderful picture, and how lucky you are to have gotten the guitar. I am sure you will treasure it forever.

Freypower
02-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Good heavens GA. What wonderful photos. You look really nice in the one where you're playing it. Treasure it. :shock:

Brooke
02-18-2008, 05:18 PM
Ga, what wonderful pics of the guitar and you with it! Timtot did a great job! That is just great that you got it. I'm so happy for you.

And you look like you are Busy Being Fabulous! :laugh: Congratulations!

glenneaglesfan
02-18-2008, 06:20 PM
GA, what a beautiful guitar, and what a lovely picture of you that Timtot took. Superman is cute!

sodascouts
02-18-2008, 09:00 PM
Great photos!!

EasyFeeling
02-19-2008, 06:44 AM
Not much time today... but I wanted to say these photos are fantastic, GA, very cool. :D :D Thanks for sharing with us.

tbs fanatic
02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
That's a lovely picture.

Glennsallnighter
02-22-2008, 05:29 AM
Thank you all for the wonderful comments about myself, the guitar and the kids! Timtot will do us proud behind the lens yet (I wonder would security in London notice a kiddy taking pics?). Superman just loves his mom and wants to be part of everything.

As for the guitar, of course I will treasure it forever. it really is a lovely instrument and sounds great when played. I know I was priviledged to be able to afford it and also to have such a great friend in Soda who did all the work from the US end. Again thanks to the rest of you for being so supportive.

There is a little corner in my home which is forever 'Eagles'