PDA

View Full Version : Timothy at the Troubadour

tbsfan
11-29-2007, 08:25 PM
No, not performing. The Schmits were in attendance at the James Taylor/Carole King show at the Troubadour last night. Here's the link to the complete article (http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2007/11/29/james-taylor-and-carole-king-return-in-high-style-to-the-troubadour).

And here's an LA Times article (http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/music/la-et-taylor30nov30,1,5968717.story?coll=la-entnews-music&ctrack=4&cset=true) (in which they got Ben Schmit's name wrong) about the show.

This had to have been a great show!

timfan
11-29-2007, 08:40 PM
That's great TBSF! Thanks for finding it! :)

sodascouts
11-29-2007, 10:02 PM
Very interesting - thanks for posting that!

Brooke
11-30-2007, 10:45 AM
Very interesting! Thanks! :D

tbs fanatic
11-30-2007, 01:27 PM
That's an interesting read. Would love to of been there. Funnily enough I'm going to a POCO concert tonight :D

Ive always been a dreamer
12-01-2007, 01:27 AM
Thanks for that tbsfan. Man - I'd love to get a review on this from Ben to see what he thought of the show! :wink:

timfan
12-01-2007, 06:16 PM
Here is the relevant portion of the LA Times article

It was one particular slice of the history that was more or less re-created this night, with King and Taylor building a set around songs they did in a star-making stint for which they shared the stage in 1970, when he was the rising-star headliner and she a hugely successful songwriter but not a performer up to that point, serving dual roles as band member and opening act.

But there were some who weren't aware of all that -- though they were largely among the handful too young to have experienced it as it happened.

There was, for example, the 28-year-old Troubadour bartender who said she knew little about the club when she found the job posting on Craigslist not long ago.

And there was the 18-year-old kid brought by his father -- none other than Eagles bassist Timothy B. Schmit.

"I know William Shatner is here," Timothy B. Schmit Jr., said of the night's significance, pointing to one celebrity in attendance.

Surely he knows that his father's band coalesced in this very room.

"No," he admitted. "I didn't know that."

In terms of them getting Ben's name wrong; when I saw that I wondered if they had done that on purpose to protect his privacy.

tbs fanatic
12-02-2007, 02:04 PM
Yes maybe. They also got his age wrong. He is 16. I only know this trivial fact because my hubby is the same age as Tim and my son is the same age as Ben.

tbs fanatic
12-02-2007, 02:08 PM
tbsfan - I love your avatar. :D

whitcap
05-06-2010, 12:59 AM
I just saw an ad on facebook for a CD/DVD of this performance and it made me think of this thread. I wonder if they'll show Timothy in the audience on the DVD.