PDA

View Full Version : Timothy's Upcoming Album "Leap of Faith"

sodascouts
07-17-2016, 10:30 PM
Timothy has said that he has been working on an album and now Henry Diltz has said he took photos of Timothy recently and mentions the album as well.

https://www.facebook.com/henrydiltzphoto/?fref=ts

Exciting! I can't wait!

GlennLover
07-17-2016, 11:38 PM
Really looking forward to the new album from Timothy. I really enjoy Expando.

bluefeather
07-18-2016, 07:50 AM
Woohoo at last!

Funk 50
07-18-2016, 08:57 AM
I've managed to witness Tim's solo career from the start and Expando was definitely the highlight so far but I'm not hoping for Expando II. I'm looking forward to hearing some electric tunes, that'll take his live show up a notch.

I reckon Tim could release a live/career retrospective album, to establish his post Eagles career, shortly after his new album hits the stores. I still see Tim, more as a working musician than as a recording artist. :bye:

buffyfan145
07-18-2016, 10:28 AM
Excited about this and looking forward to it too!!! :D

LuvTim
07-18-2016, 01:37 PM
This is great! I can't wait for the new album! Wish we could pre-order! :inlove:

Annoying Twit
07-18-2016, 02:25 PM
This is great! I can't wait for the new album! Wish we could pre-order! :inlove:

I'm betting you wish you could go pick it up in person :)

LuvTim
07-18-2016, 03:01 PM
I'm betting you wish you could go pick it up in person :)

Oh, AT, am I that transparent? Lol...:laugh:

Freypower
07-18-2016, 07:12 PM
I've managed to witness Tim's solo career from the start and Expando was definitely the highlight so far but I'm not hoping for Expando II. I'm looking forward to hearing some electric tunes, that'll take his live show up a notch.

I reckon Tim could release a live/career retrospective album, to establish his post Eagles career, shortly after his new album hits the stores. I still see Tim, more as a working musician than as a recording artist. :bye:

It is possible to be both, you know.

MaryCalifornia
07-18-2016, 08:34 PM
Thanks for finding this, Soda! Great news.

How cool would it be for a photographer to take your picture every so often over 45 years...

MaryCalifornia
07-18-2016, 08:49 PM
I still see Tim, more as a working musician than as a recording artist. :bye:

I don't know, he's been a recording artist pretty much non-stop since he was 17. His first album was on the air before any of the other guys'. He made ten albums with Poco, he made the same number of solo albums as Don and Glenn (except Glenn has a live album too). He made the same number of Eagles albums as the other Eagles post-1994...it seems like to date he has made more albums than any Eagle except Joe. [some of these numbers might not be totally accurate but you get the point and I'm lazy]

And, he does work, ALOT. But, I think by anyone's metrics Timothy would be considered a recording artist.

His solo album sales certainly don't rival those of Don Henley or Glenn Frey, but in the pantheon of all professional musicians, he would probably rank in the top 2% album sales-wise.

sodascouts
07-18-2016, 09:39 PM
It was HB who told me about the link, MC! Glad to provide it, though.

It goes without saying that Timothy is a "recording artist" - I'm not going to take Funk 50's bait.

I wonder how close Timothy is to releasing it?

Gemini
07-18-2016, 11:22 PM
I wonder how close Timothy is to releasing it?

I wish I knew too so I could plan my life! I feel like I'm in a cash and calendar holding pattern until it's out and there's a show schedule. I regret not travelling to see a few Expando shows and don't want to miss out again.

LuvTim
07-19-2016, 12:31 AM
I wish I knew too so I could plan my life! I feel like I'm in a cash and calendar holding pattern until it's out and there's a show schedule. I regret not travelling to see a few Expando shows and don't want to miss out again.

Same here, G!

tjh532
07-19-2016, 02:39 AM
So excited for new music!! I do hope he tours with the new album, and that it's close enough for me to see him :)

Funk 50
07-19-2016, 05:21 AM
I don't know, he's been a recording artist pretty much non-stop since he was 17. His first album was on the air before any of the other guys'. He made ten albums with Poco, he made the same number of solo albums as Don and Glenn (except Glenn has a live album too). He made the same number of Eagles albums as the other Eagles post-1994...it seems like to date he has made more albums than any Eagle except Joe. [some of these numbers might not be totally accurate but you get the point and I'm lazy]

And, he does work, ALOT. But, I think by anyone's metrics Timothy would be considered a recording artist.

His solo album sales certainly don't rival those of Don Henley or Glenn Frey, but in the pantheon of all professional musicians, he would probably rank in the top 2% album sales-wise.

I didn't say he wasn't a recording artist. If you look at his body of work, though, most of it is sessioning for other artists. It wasn't until Expando that Tim actually performed live shows in support of a solo album.

A career retrospective may not interest Tim but his career deserves it. I was disappointed that he ignored most of it during his Expando live shows.

I'm looking forward to Tim's new album. I hope there are other Eagles on it.

Freypower
07-19-2016, 05:55 PM
I didn't say he wasn't a recording artist. If you look at his body of work, though, most of it is sessioning for other artists. It wasn't until Expando that Tim actually performed live shows in support of a solo album.

A career retrospective may not interest Tim but his career deserves it. I was disappointed that he ignored most of it during his Expando live shows.

Most of it?

I know Soda doesn't want us to take the bait when you say things like this.

However perhaps you should look at Tim's solo discography, not to mention his work with Poco.
http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/solo/index.htm

http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/poco/index.htm

I don't see why not performing shows in support of the pre-Expando albums somehow disqualifies those albums from being part of his body of work.

Brooke
07-20-2016, 09:38 AM
Good news! I hope he tours too!

Funk 50
07-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Most of it?

I know Soda doesn't want us to take the bait when you say things like this.

I thought this site was a medium for Eagles debate and discussion.

However perhaps you should look at Tim's solo discography, not to mention his work with Poco.
http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/solo/index.htm

http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/poco/index.htm

I own all Tim's solo albums and a number of his Poco albums too. The Poco albums I don't own, I have listened to.

I'm not so familiar with the much more extensive list of artists Tim's sessioned for, during his career;
http://www.timothybschmitonline.com/solo/guest/index.htm

Actually, I think Tim's probably made enough money since HFO, that he doesn't need to do any more session work. So he can just indulge himself with future music projects.

I don't see why not performing shows in support of the pre-Expando albums somehow disqualifies those albums from being part of his body of work. It doesn't but it is noteworthy that Tim didn't tour with his first 4 albums and during his Expando shows, The Shadow was the only solo track he performed from those 4 albums.

Sorry for the distraction everybody. I'm delighted that Tim has a new album coming out, hopefully with live shows to follow.

MaryCalifornia
07-20-2016, 02:34 PM
Me too! Here is a good updated list of Timothy's work on others' albums...

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/timothy-b-schmit-mn0000604940/credits

DJ
07-20-2016, 03:43 PM

Have to agree with you on this one Funk, I am surprised he's putting out his own body of work.

Funk 50
07-21-2016, 06:33 AM
Here is a good updated list of Timothy's work on others' albums...

http://www.allmusic.com/artist/timothy-b-schmit-mn0000604940/credits

Thanks MaryCalifornia :-)

The great thing about the digital age is that musicians can easily release their own material. They may struggle to benefit financially but they don't have to suck up to corporate record companies who are only interested in releasing hit albums.

Music fans have never had it so good.:razz:

redstorm1968, could you possibly make your font size a little bigger? It's a struggle to read what you are typing.:help:

LuvTim
07-21-2016, 08:40 PM
Thanks for finding this, Soda! Great news.

How cool would it be for a photographer to take your picture every so often over 45 years...

My friend and I were just saying the same thing, MC. I had just shown her the Diltz photo of TBS when he had the soulpatch, around the time of FTF I guess. So we went back in time for awhile and looked at more. :heart:

I really just can't wait to see the new photos! :smitten:

SilverAcidRayne
07-24-2016, 09:09 PM
This is what happens when I don't slow down. I cannot WAIT to hear what he's got going on. Soooooo excited!

Funk 50
07-26-2016, 12:18 PM
Thanks redstorm1968 :xoxo:

I've checked a few sources to find new Timmy titles, including one I can post :-); http://www.warnerchappell.com/composer-songs/SCHMIT+TIMOTHY+B.+%28CA%29 .
There's quite a collection.

Warner Chappell
Any Given Moment (TBS, Craig Wiseman, Maia Sharp
Do It All Again (TBS, Kieth & Adrienne Follese)
Every Moment Is Precious (TBS, Greg Charley, Paul Thorn)
Garden Wall (TBS)
Get It Right (TBS)
I'll Be Seeing You Around (TBS, Mark Hudson, Gary Burr)
I'm Still In Love With You (TBS, Kevin Saviger, Maia Sharp
If You Had A Heart (TBS, Jeff Pescetto, Dean Grakal)
Just In Time (TBS, Pamela Sheyne, Charlotte Caffey, Paul Jefferson)
Let It Go (TBS, Dean Grakal, Dominic Miller)
Lovin' Talkin' (TBS, Josh Leo, Max Carl)
One Day Away From Love (TBS, Josh Leo, Vince Malamed)
Something Good Is Going To Happen (TBS, Billy Falcon, Paul Thorn)
Street Dance (TBS, Bruce Gaitsch, Will Jennings)
Suddenly (TBS, Jim Vallance, Jane Wiedlin)
That's How love Can be (TBS, Josh Leo, Vince Malamed)

Ascap
Cover You With Love (TBS, Stan Lynch)
When All The World Was Young (TBS, Stan Lynch)

BMI
Always (TBS, John Berry, Derek Holt)
It Might Be Me (Steve Dudas, Dean Grakal)
Never Loved You More (TBS, Mulberry Lane (The Rizzuto family))
Never Say Never Again (Steve Dudas, Dean Grakal)
Sweet Melinda (TBS, Ronald Floegel, Tom Phillips) Tim's old band http://www.desktop21.com/redwing/pages/reunions.html
There I Said It (TBS, Josh Leo, Max Carl)
Timeless Love (TBS, John Coury, Dean Grakal)
You're My Star (TBS, Dean Grakal, Mark Hudson)

Some of these titles look like they could be outtakes from previous solo albums, which hints at re-releases. :nod:
Josh Leo was heavily involved in Playin' It Cool, Bruce Gaitsch in Timothy B and the Mark Hudon crowd in Feed The Fire. I'm pretty sure that the Stan Lynch tracks will be new ones. Max Carl was a member of Schmit and Felder's, Malibu Men's Choir.that gave us Love Will Keep Us Alive but never got off the ground.

The names, Jim Vallance and Jane Wiedlin (Suddenly), raised an eyebrow. JW was in The Go-Gos and JV is Bryan Adams's illustrious writing partner.
There are also plenty of names there that I am unfamiliar with, Dean
Grakal's name crops up a lot but they all seem to be pretty visible on the internet, with many hosting their own websites.:-)

Tim's Expando album was his truest solo project. He wrote all the songs himself and recorded it at his home studio. It looks like he's back to team writing for his next one.

I hope If You Had A Heart is some kind of reposte to Felder :twisted: Tim's too nice for that though...:bye:

MaryCalifornia
07-26-2016, 12:39 PM
Cool! Thanks F50.

Jane Wiedlin!!!!!!:hilarious:

LuvTim
07-26-2016, 01:09 PM
Wow. Thanks, F50. :-D

NightMistBlue
07-26-2016, 03:15 PM
What a clever thing to do - thank you, F50.

Dominic Miller has been Sting's guitar player for many a year.

I see the name Mark Hudson, of Hudson Brothers infamy. He's a pal of Steven Tyler. Bruce Gaitsch (who's also worked with Randy Meisner) recently referred to Mr. Hudson as an a-hole on a popular Eagles fan FB page :)

LuvTim
07-26-2016, 03:29 PM
I see the name Mark Hudson, of Hudson Brothers infamy. He's a pal of Steven Tyler. Bruce Gaitsch (who's also worked with Randy Meisner) recently referred to Mr. Hudson as an a-hole on a popular Eagles fan FB page :)

Oh my gosh, Mark Hudson? Oh, I hate to hear that, even allowing for context . How disappointing. :-(

NightMistBlue
07-26-2016, 03:35 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure Timothy's righteous mojo will overcome any dodgy stuff.

LuvTim
07-26-2016, 03:49 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure Timothy's righteous mojo will overcome any dodgy stuff.

(She chuckles out loud.)

You're so funny. :laugh:

Annoying Twit
07-26-2016, 04:53 PM
What a clever thing to do - thank you, F50.

Dominic Miller has been Sting's guitar player for many a year.

For a long time Mark Hudson was Ringo Starr's producer and recording-band-leader. He did a good job, IMHO. Ringo was annoyed that Mark went off to do a reality talent show, quitting a Starr tour at short notice, and hasn't worked with him since.

EDIT: I was unaware of some of the worrying things mentioned on Mark Hudson's wikipedia page.

Funk 50
07-27-2016, 07:07 AM
Timothy made Feed The Fire with Mark Hudson and Steve Dudas, I'm not expecting them to be on Tim's new album.
I notice Dean Grakal contributed to Feed The Fire too. His name does crop up a lot in the credits of the newly published songs.

I'm surprised that Tim's, long-time, right hand man, Hal Linderman doesn't feature at all in the credits. It'll be a bigger surprise if he's absent on the album.

I hope Tim has re-engaged the services of some of his live band. I thought they were pretty good. particularly drummer Herman Matthews https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK-1pYakqAQ

Was it really 6 1/2 years ago! :woah:

UndertheWire
07-27-2016, 10:51 AM
This might date back to Playin' It Cool as the relationships were already in place at that time and Vince Malamed had three co-writes on that album along with Josh Leo.

Around the end of 1981 Josh Leo was substitute guitarist with Jack Mack and the Heart Attack and Max Carl was the lead singer. Vince Malamed and Josh Leo toured as part of Glenn's band.

TW
08-08-2016, 08:27 PM
As you may or may not know Timothy has announced his new album!! It will be titled Leap of Faith and will be released September 23rd.http://www.timothybschmit.com/news/279773

TW
08-08-2016, 08:28 PM
im super excited if you cant tell :)!!!!

WKMB55
08-08-2016, 08:29 PM
There's a new post from Timothy on his Facebook page!!! It asks if we've waited long enough???? I can't wait to see what he posts next!!!!

buffyfan145
08-08-2016, 08:39 PM
Just saw the other thread and that's awesome it's out next month!!! :yay: Love the title "Leap of Faith" too.

LuvTim
08-08-2016, 08:52 PM
Isn't it lover-ly ?? :inlove:

I'm sooo looking forward to this.

SilverAcidRayne
08-08-2016, 08:56 PM
OMG!!!!

I was just scrolling thru my facebook and I saw his post. and I was like"omg he is such a tease."

and now I know why. lmao

so excited!

WKMB55
08-08-2016, 09:05 PM
Pre order begins on my birthday. I know what I'm asking for!!

LuvTim
08-08-2016, 09:52 PM
im super excited if you cant tell :)!!!!

Um...yeah! I can tell!! Me too!! :-D

carol7lynn
08-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Looks like the first single will be Red Dirt Road according to Sorthits. Record label is benowen.

:grooving:

Carol-Lynn

Freypower
08-09-2016, 01:02 AM
Here is the cover art & mention of some tracks:

http://www.timothybschmit.com/news/279773

Looking forward to it.

Funk 50
08-09-2016, 06:24 AM
Timothy B. Schmit-- groundbreaking vocalist, songwriter and bass player

I like Timothy. I look forward to listening to his new album but I wouldn't describe him as groundbreaking. :headscratch: Not sure about the "distinctive artistry" line either.

“Over the last ten years or so, I’ve felt like I’m finally getting the hang what it is I do best,” I much prefer Timothy's own honest, if anything, understated way.

A bit of Reggae, a guitar solo and a track titled My Hat sound very encouraging. You can't go wrong with a song about hats, in my opinion. :p

Funk 50
08-09-2016, 06:39 AM
Thanks redstorm1968 :xoxo:

I've checked a few sources to find new Timmy titles, including one I can post :-); http://www.warnerchappell.com/composer-songs/SCHMIT+TIMOTHY+B.+%28CA%29 .
There's quite a collection.

Warner Chappell
Any Given Moment (TBS, Craig Wiseman, Maia Sharp
Do It All Again (TBS, Kieth & Adrienne Follese)
Every Moment Is Precious (TBS, Greg Charley, Paul Thorn)
Garden Wall (TBS)
Get It Right (TBS)
I'll Be Seeing You Around (TBS, Mark Hudson, Gary Burr)
I'm Still In Love With You (TBS, Kevin Saviger, Maia Sharp
If You Had A Heart (TBS, Jeff Pescetto, Dean Grakal)
Just In Time (TBS, Pamela Sheyne, Charlotte Caffey, Paul Jefferson)
Let It Go (TBS, Dean Grakal, Dominic Miller)
Something Good Is Going To Happen (TBS, Billy Falcon, Paul Thorn)
Street Dance (TBS, Bruce Gaitsch, Will Jennings)
Suddenly (TBS, Jim Vallance, Jane Wiedlin)

Ascap
Cover You With Love (TBS, Stan Lynch)
When All The World Was Young (TBS, Stan Lynch)

BMI
Always (TBS, John Berry, Derek Holt)
It Might Be Me (Steve Dudas, Dean Grakal)
Never Loved You More (TBS, Mulberry Lane (The Rizzuto family))
Never Say Never Again (Steve Dudas, Dean Grakal)
Sweet Melinda (TBS, Ronald Floegel, Tom Phillips) Tim's old band http://www.desktop21.com/redwing/pages/reunions.html
There I Said It (TBS, Josh Leo, Max Carl)
Timeless Love (TBS, John Coury, Dean Grakal)
You're My Star (TBS, Dean Grakal, Mark Hudson)

Some of these titles look like they could be outtakes from previous solo albums, which hints at re-releases. :nod:
Josh Leo was heavily involved in Playin' It Cool, Bruce Gaitsch in Timothy B and the Mark Hudon crowd in Feed The Fire. I'm pretty sure that the Stan Lynch tracks will be new ones. Max Carl was a member of Schmit and Felder's, Malibu Men's Choir.that gave us Love Will Keep Us Alive but never got off the ground.

The names, Jim Vallance and Jane Wiedlin (Suddenly), raised an eyebrow. JW was in The Go-Gos and JV is Bryan Adams's illustrious writing partner.
There are also plenty of names there that I am unfamiliar with, Dean
Grakal's name crops up a lot but they all seem to be pretty visible on the internet, with many hosting their own websites.:-)

Tim's Expando album was his truest solo project. He wrote all the songs himself and recorded it at his home studio. It looks like he's back to team writing for his next one.

I hope If You Had A Heart is some kind of reposte to Felder :twisted: Tim's too nice for that though...:bye:

Well this all well off the mark. :roll:

Tim's new album, Leap Of faith is another self written project in the mould of Expando.

I wonder where all these other new titles are from? :shrug:

Brooke
08-09-2016, 10:28 AM
:yay: I saw his tease on Fb and it sounds great to me! Can't wait!

buffyfan145
08-09-2016, 10:29 AM
I can't wait to get it!!! :yay:

tjh532
08-09-2016, 10:52 AM
I saw this last night on FB right before bed. I'm so excited to have some new music from Timothy!

ambulance girl
08-09-2016, 03:21 PM
he is apparently playing a one night only show in nashville sept 25, tix go on sale aug 11...only i can't find any other info!!! two days notice to buy tix and plan a trip isn't enough time!!!

bluefeather
08-09-2016, 03:41 PM
WOOHOO FINALLY

WKMB55
08-09-2016, 03:55 PM
Timothy's web page has information about several upcoming events on September 22 and 25. Nashville is only about 6 hours from where I live. I was going to be in Nashville that weekend for a destination wedding---the bride and groom to be are big country music fans. I think if I can get tickets for one or both of the events, I will go a day earlier than planned and/or stay a day later than planned.

sodascouts
08-09-2016, 05:54 PM
So exciting!! I'll be there too, WKMB!

MaryCalifornia
08-09-2016, 10:04 PM
I love the cover art! I wonder if the four birds are meant to be Jean, Jeddrah, Owen and Ben. It's so sweet.

I also like what appears to be two new publicity photos, gosh he looks good!! Glenn said that being in the Eagles stressed him out, and I think it stressed Timothy too. Just the rigors of touring and the whole machine...He looks so free and happy.

Can't wait to hear the songs!!!

Ive always been a dreamer
08-09-2016, 10:11 PM
:yay: :yay: :yay: I'm so excited. Can we say 'TOUR DATES'!!!

AlreadyGone95
08-10-2016, 01:46 AM
I haven't listened to any of Timothy's solo albums, even though I have Timothy B cassette, but I'll definitely buy this album when it comes out. (I may pre-order it.) I like the album cover. I know that all of the Tim fans on here can't wait for September 23 to arrive!

WalshFan88
08-11-2016, 06:47 PM
I'm going to get this one.

To be honest, I've never really listened to TBS's solo stuff seriously, it's always been a bit too soft for this hard rocker, but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless.

TimFan222
08-11-2016, 08:49 PM
Timothy's web page has information about several upcoming events on September 22 and 25. Nashville is only about 6 hours from where I live. I was going to be in Nashville that weekend for a destination wedding---the bride and groom to be are big country music fans. I think if I can get tickets for one or both of the events, I will go a day earlier than planned and/or stay a day later than planned.

Can't wait to hear your report. Wish I could go too!!!!

Philh
08-13-2016, 07:25 PM
If all us Tim/Eagles fans buy or download the new album from the same source, then maybe the album will do better in the Billboard 100?
I guess Amazon will feature the album but if everyone buys via Timithy's website then it probably wouldn't feature in the chart.
It would be nice to see the album do really well.

Delilah
08-13-2016, 09:16 PM
Looks like the first single will be Red Dirt Road according to Sorthits. Record label is benowen.

:grooving:

Carol-Lynn

That's really interesting--are there red dirt roads in California? I wonder if it has anything to do with the Brooks and Dunn song of the same name.

carol7lynn
08-14-2016, 01:56 PM
That's really interesting--are there red dirt roads in California? I wonder if it has anything to do with the Brooks and Dunn song of the same name.

Yes-We have red dirt roads in the Mojave and up in NoCal.

Have no idea if it's the same song but could be. We will see what happens in Septemer. I read on another site that the song is set for release mid-Sept. Again who knows.

CarolC

secret squirrel
08-17-2016, 11:42 AM
From UCR:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/timothy-b-schmit-leap-of-faith/

Any previews of tracks to listen to?

SS
xx
http://secretsquirrelreviews.blogspot.co.uk/

Philh
08-25-2016, 06:18 AM
With Leap Of Faith being released via Tim's own record label Benowen, named after his children of course, does anyone know if the likes of Amazon will have it listed? I guess it will be best to preorder via Timothy's website.

Annoying Twit
08-25-2016, 08:13 AM
I want to buy it on the day of release. It's been some time since I could buy an album on the day of release and discuss it with like-minded people.

carol7lynn
08-25-2016, 10:58 AM
Mystery solved. Red Dirt Road, according to Rolling Stone, is in Hawaii. They're premiering the song on their website. Can't figure out how to copy and paste web-addresses on my tablet or I'd paste the hyperlink here. Just google it. Country is the genre.

Delilah
08-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Thanks, Carol--I found the link! It's exciting to hear Timothy do some country. The song has a nice Cajun vibe with the accordian sound.

http://www.rollingstone.com/country/premieres/hear-eagles-timothy-b-schmits-new-song-red-dirt-road-w436134

carol7lynn
08-25-2016, 01:27 PM
Thanks for posting the link.

Can't wait for west coast dates. Just hope he plays different venues out here than he normally does.

Delilah
08-25-2016, 01:42 PM
You're better off than me, I don't think he ever comes to Texas :shrug:

Gemini
08-25-2016, 10:11 PM
Yay! I'm so excited for this. Can't wait to hear more!:grooving:

LuvTim
08-25-2016, 10:27 PM
Thanks, UK. :-) It was lovely to have that opportunity.

Annoying Twit
08-26-2016, 03:27 AM
I like all the song snippets. 23rd of September? That's further in the future than I expected. I particularly like "I Refuse".

LuvTim
08-26-2016, 10:14 AM
I pre-ordered the album and tshirt package last night as soon as the site opened. Fingers crossed that I got in on the first 100 in order to receive a signed CD sleeve. :pray:

NightMistBlue
08-26-2016, 10:45 AM
I'll pray for you too, Luv. Then you'll have two Tim autographs, including the personalized one when you meet him.

P.S. I vaguely remember reading on these forums some time ago that one of Timothy's daughters is an artist. Could that be her artwork on the album?

SallyGee
08-26-2016, 11:03 AM
I ordered this morning at 6:30 AM. When I got to the last page, after I put my billing and shipping info, it said page not available. I did get a message from paypal, but nothing from the site. I ordered again with a credit card, but again page not available. I tried calling, but nobody's there. I also tried emailing them, nothing yet. I hope my order went through. I was trying to get an autographed copy.

SallyGee
08-26-2016, 11:05 AM
I'll pray for you too, Luv. Then you'll have two Tim autographs, including the personalized one when you meet him.

P.S. I vaguely remember reading on these forums some time ago that one of Timothy's daughters is an artist. Could that be her artwork on the album?

Hi wife did the artwork for Expando. Could be either of them. I was hoping the t-shirt would have the birds on it, but it looks like another picture. I ordered it anyway of course.

SallyGee
08-26-2016, 11:10 AM
Just got an e-mail, and both of my orders went through! Sorry if I sound like a crazy person, but we're getting a new Timothy album!!!!!!!!

Woodstock
08-26-2016, 12:03 PM
Mine also said Page not available. Glad I called to double check because though they had received my order the shirt size was wrong. Hope I get a signed copy too!!

Funk 50
08-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks for sharing your craziness SallyGee. :p:p

I hope I still have some moments of craziness in front of me.

From the 30sec clips, it sounds like Tim's done some time travelling and has become Poco Tim again :jealous:

LuvTim
08-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Thanks, NMB. You're a pal. :hug:

I was getting a 404 error message at the end of the ordering process, too. I called this morning to confirm my order, and got a representative right away. I hope no one else has trouble ordering.

Let's hope the webpage gets fixed in a hurry. But, in addition to hoping for a quick fix, I'm hoping that it's getting sooo much traffic and sooo many orders, and maybe that's the problem with the page.

Houston Baby
08-26-2016, 03:46 PM
Finally, I got mine ordered. Hooray!!! Can't tell you how many times I tried to get the order to go thru online. I hope I do not open my next credit card bill & see WONDERFULUNION.COM on it 50 times. :brickwall:
If so EVERYONE on my Christmas list will be getting a Timothy t-shirt & cd.:shh:

AlreadyGone95
08-26-2016, 03:48 PM
I'm posting this here because there is some discussion about the album at the end of the article.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/timothy-schmit-on-glenn-frey-hes-dead-its-unbelievable-w436325

I'll try to pre-order the album next Friday. LT, I hope that you were one of the first one hundred!

LuvTim
08-26-2016, 05:42 PM
Thanks, AG. :-)

Annoying Twit
08-27-2016, 05:56 AM
From the snippets I've heard, the songs sound really strong. Perhaps even stronger than Expando. On Tim's solo albums previous to Expando there were a lot of songs co-written by others, or even wholly written by others. Tim had some co-writes on TLROOE, but no songs solely written by himself. I'm pleased that Tim's showing what he can do, and that the songs are so good. The new album's songs would fit right in on TLROOE, both in terms of a compatible style and their quality. I'm not so familiar with Tim's Poco work, so can't really compare.

08-27-2016, 04:00 PM
Hope the website is all straightened out for those who want to pre-order. Since I'll be traveling on the release date, I'm just going to take a chance that I'll be able to find the CD in Phoenix or Nashville. If the stars align properly, I could get mine signed at the Nashville show, but that may be a little much to ask for - we'll see I guess.

Thanks for the links to the song preveiws, UKTF. I'm not to good at deciding what songs I like based on snippets. I like to hear the whole song in its entirety before deciding, but these do give us a flavor for what the album will be like. Having heard Red Dirt Road though, I give it a big :thumbsup:!

MaryCalifornia
08-27-2016, 09:38 PM
From the snippets I've heard, the songs sound really strong. Perhaps even stronger than Expando.

Agreed.

Victim of Love
08-28-2016, 03:46 PM
Looking forward to getting my copies. Yes, that's multiple because I got the error message too. I wanted two but ended up with four. In hindsight I probably should have just ordered 3 more, then I would have had a clean shirt for every day of the week, lol. I was so frustrated trying to find a link to cancel one order that I finally fired an email off, not realizing it was going to Timothy's website. On the UPside, I quickly got a response back from Julie with an apology for the issues (she said she was talking to the tech folks to get it resolved) and a request for my address, saying she would be sending me an autographed picture of Timothy. Fingers crossed that it might be the promo photo we've been seeing, although I won't refuse ANY autographed photo of Timothy!

MaryCalifornia
08-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Good ol' Julie, taking care of the Borderers!! Enjoy, VoL!

Brooke
08-29-2016, 09:58 AM
I tried to order it too with no luck. I only tried once though. I will try again today.

Victim of Love
08-29-2016, 12:37 PM
I tried to order it too with no luck. I only tried once though. I will try again today.

Brooke, if you don't have any luck with online ordering, try calling Wonderful Union directly. You can find their link online.

Annoying Twit
08-29-2016, 12:47 PM
What's the best way to obtain the album if you live in the UK?

LuvTim
08-29-2016, 03:52 PM
What's the best way to obtain the album if you live in the UK?

Hi, Twit. This was posted by UKTimFan a few pages back:

If I'm allowed to post a link to a commercial site, you might be able to 'sample' the songs from 'Leap of faith' via Amazon in the UK.
So far I absolutely love 'Slow down' but think I will forever skip 'The island'. :smile:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leap-Faith-Timothy-B-Schmit/dp/B01KR56FEC/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472171648&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=timothy%20b%20schmidt%20leap%20of%20faith

The amazon.co.UK page appears to offer the album for preorder.

Freypower
08-29-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm waiting until Amazon has the CD for pre-order.

Annoying Twit
08-29-2016, 08:59 PM
Thanks. Straight from Amazon it will be. I prefer to buy the CDs; it's helpful that Amazon allow downloads of many album purchases.

Victim of Love
08-29-2016, 11:23 PM
I'm waiting until Amazon has the CD for pre-order.

I'm wishing I had done the same thing. Wonderful Union has already processed my payment - TWICE, despite their promise on Friday that one of my orders was being cancelled. They got a scathing email from me!

Roey
08-29-2016, 11:45 PM
I had problems with my order too. Sounds like every order had a problem. Assistance from online chat helped me.

Agree that Timothy sounded strong, can't wait to hear all the songs.

LuvTim
08-29-2016, 11:58 PM
Wonderful Union actually called me today to sort it out. They acknowledged problems with the orders, but I was impressed that I got a call from them. How often does that happen?

Philh
08-30-2016, 05:37 AM
I live in the UK and ordered from Tim's website as I wanted a cd and not MP3.
Postage is not too bad.

Annoying Twit
08-30-2016, 06:17 AM
Postage is not too bad.

I also want a CD. I'll probably go to Tim's site unless a CD is available in the UK.

EDIT: I can't buy it from Tim's site. It won't let me create an account.

Philh
08-30-2016, 06:32 AM
Try creating an account via Don's website as I believe they use the same mail order facility.

Annoying Twit
08-30-2016, 07:08 AM
Try creating an account via Don's website as I believe they use the same mail order facility.

Which Don?

Philh
08-30-2016, 07:11 AM
Mr Henley

secret squirrel
08-30-2016, 10:32 AM
Received this in an email from Eagles, with header: Pre-Order Timothy B. Schmit’s New Solo Album and get “Red Dirt Road”. See below.

SS
xx
http://sshh-sshh.blogspot.co.uk/2016/05/eagles-glenn-frey-beyond-cool-band-for.html

http://i1.cmail19.com/ei/y/1C/71E/26D/035650/csfinal/tbs_email-header_41.jpg

TIMOTHY B. SCHMIT NEW SOLO ALBUM
LEAP OF FAITH
DUE OUT FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 23

**PRE-ORDER AND RECEIVE "RED DIRT ROAD" AS AN INSTANT GRAT TRACK TODAY**

http://i2.cmail19.com/ei/y/1C/71E/26D/035650/csfinal/leapoffaith_5.jpg (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-r/)
TIMOTHY B. SCHMIT--groundbreaking vocalist, songwriter and bass player from the legendary rock groups Eagles and Poco--has teamed up with Rolling Stone Country (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-y/) to premiere his new song "Red Dirt Road".
The song is from his upcoming solo album Leap Of Faith, set for release Friday, September 23 on Benowen Records. The album pre-order (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-i/) is available now with an instant grat download for "Red Dirt Road" when purchased digitally on iTunes.

Pre-Order 'Leap Of Faith' on iTunes (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-d/)

http://i3.cmail19.com/ei/y/1C/71E/26D/035650/csfinal/storebanner-timothybschmit1_6.jpg (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-h/)
Exclusive Leap of Faith CD bundles are also available for pre-order in Timothy’s Official Online Store (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-k/), including a T-Shirt and hat.

Leap Of Faith

1. My Hat
2. Slow Down
3. All Those Faces
4. I Refuse
5. What I should Do
6. Goodbye, My Love
7. You're So Wild
8. It’s Alright
9. Red Dirt Road
10. The Island
11. Pearl And The String
12. This Waltz

Recorded at his Los Angeles studio and co-produced with engineer Hank Linderman, Leap Of Faith is a strong mix of rock, country, Americana, R&B and even a bit of reggae. Leap Of Faith marks the culmination of Schmit’s unhurried, yet inspired reflections of life.

Coming in September

In September, Timothy will head to Nashville for the Americana Music Festival & Conference. On Wednesday, September 21 he’ll be on-hand to present at the Americana Music Awards show at Ryman Auditorium. The following night, he’ll perform a live concert during “Music City Roots” at Factory at Franklin which will be live-streamed on Thursday, September 22 here (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-u/). The show will be broadcast nationally on PBS TV at a later date and other show performers include Willie Watson, Sean Watkins as well as Wynonna & The Big Noise.
On September 25 & 26, Timothy with be performing at the City Wineries in Nashville and Atlanta respectively. For more info on all of these shows, check out the event listings below:
9/22/2016 - Nashville, TN @ Music City Roots (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-o/)
9/25/2016 - Nashville, TN @ City Winery (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-b/) (SOLD OUT)
9/26/2016 - Atlanta, GA @ City Winery (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-l-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-n/)

Preferences (http://eagles.updatemyprofile.com/y-dukylrk-15B507FB-yudldhjkji-p) | Unsubscribe (http://mailinglist.gctrl.com/t/y-u-dukylrk-yudldhjkji-x/)

https://eagles.cmail19.com/t/y-o-dukylrk-yudldhjkji/o.gif

Victim of Love
08-30-2016, 11:16 AM
SS, I got that same email this morning. Just a word of caution...it's that same iTunes link I used that redirected me to Wonderful Union for ordering.

sodascouts
08-30-2016, 10:26 PM
Wonderful Union doesn't seemed to have improved much since it was grndcntrl, an infamously incompetent organization. Twice, they screwed up my orders, and one item I paid them for has never arrived to this day. I want the bundle from Timothy's site, but I don't want to order through them! I think I'll wait until it becomes available elsewhere, from a more reliable seller. Good luck to the rest of you!

shunlvswx
08-31-2016, 11:55 AM
I was listening to Pandora this morning and they had a little 15 second clip of Timothy saying his album was coming out soon. I was shocked. When you're paying for Pandora, you don't suppose to get ads. So I didn't expect that, but it was cool to hear Timothy saying his new album was coming out soon.

Philh
09-01-2016, 03:49 AM
There are new video clips on Timothy's official site.

secret squirrel
09-01-2016, 08:52 AM
There are new video clips on Timothy's official site.

Cheers. Will definitely check that out.

SS
xx

secret squirrel
09-01-2016, 08:58 AM
SS, I got that same email this morning. Just a word of caution...it's that same iTunes link I used that redirected me to Wonderful Union for ordering.

Oh dear! Sorry.

SS
xx

WKMB55
09-01-2016, 11:22 AM
When viewing the new pictures and videos at www.timothybschmit.com (choose the "media" tab) some questions were answered about guest musicians, etc. It seems as though Jeddrah was included on at least one song.

MaryCalifornia
09-01-2016, 11:39 AM
Wow, thanks for the head up WKM! I would have not checked those tabs. You can see his Grammy and other awards! All of his little things! So cute. What a nice studio.

UK TimFan
09-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Hi, Twit. This was posted by UKTimFan a few pages back:

The amazon.co.UK page appears to offer the album for preorder.
I can only see it available as an MP3 download.

I also want a CD. I'll probably go to Tim's site unless a CD is available in the UK.

EDIT: I can't buy it from Tim's site. It won't let me create an account.
I managed to create an account OK, but then had trouble with ordering. Left it a few days, and the order has just gone through without any problems.

Postage is not too bad.
As long as you make sure you click the economy option. Otherwise it's $99. :woah::woah::woah:

LuvTim
09-01-2016, 02:49 PM
It does look like the album is available to pre-order but in an mp3 format, yes.

NightMistBlue
09-01-2016, 03:55 PM
Wow, thanks for the head up WKM! I would have not checked those tabs. You can see his Grammy and other awards! All of his little things! So cute. What a nice studio.

Which video did you click on to see his Grammy? I wanna see! EDIT: or is it the photo where Mr. Timothy is playing a heart-breakingly gorgeous natural wood guitar?

I saw a cute little moose in the Benmont Tench video.

LuvTim
09-01-2016, 07:09 PM
Which video did you click on to see his Grammy? I wanna see! EDIT: or is it the photo where Mr. Timothy is playing a heart-breakingly gorgeous natural wood guitar?

I saw a cute little moose in the Benmont Tench video.
---------------------------------------
I saw them in the photo section, myself.
If you look at the photo of Jean, the awards are on the shelf behind her, illuminated.
Can't say if they're visible in the videos. That's not what I was looking at. :blush:

Annoying Twit
09-02-2016, 03:05 AM
I must admit that I'm watching everyone else work out the problems, but may actually buy the album as a digital download on release day to avoid problems.

Brooke
09-02-2016, 09:51 AM
Same here! I tried and never got through so gave up for now!

ETA: What gets me is how many people got more than one autographed cd? I will buy one of those from someone if they have more than one.......

NightMistBlue
09-02-2016, 09:56 AM
---------------------------------------
I saw them in the photo section, myself.
If you look at the photo of Jean, the awards are on the shelf behind her, illuminated.
Can't say if they're visible in the videos. That's not what I was looking at. :blush:

Oh, I see the Grammy now - thank you, Luv. The award I had noticed in one of the guitar photos is the one next to it, where a figure is holding a disc aloft.

Anyway, his studio space is very appealing.

Woodstock
09-02-2016, 11:53 AM
Can't wait to hear the whole record. I love the album cover with the birds...was a bit disappointed that the birds weren't on the t-shirt, wish they were.

Eowyn
09-05-2016, 02:22 PM
For all those trying to get a CD from Wonderful Union, go to this site and contact Customer Support. I used the Chat Line. You may have ordered more CDs than you think.

sodascouts
09-07-2016, 10:14 PM
Thanks for the warning, dhlittlefeat (and welcome)! Sadly, this kind of thing is par for the course with "Wonderful Union" (formerly groundctrl).

WKMB55
09-12-2016, 10:11 PM
Timothy will release the lyric video of "Red Dirt Road" on Tuesday at 9 am PST on his Facebook page.

sodascouts
09-20-2016, 08:24 PM
Just days away!!!!!

LuvTim
09-20-2016, 11:58 PM
It's so exciting! I can't wait! :-D :inlove:

Houston Baby
09-21-2016, 07:47 PM
Just got my notification from Wonderful Union that my package has been dropped off at UPS, ready for shipment! :blueblob:
Hopefully it will arrive Friday. :pray:
I can't wait!!!:grooving:

LuvTim
09-21-2016, 08:21 PM
Just got my notification from Wonderful Union that my package has been dropped off at UPS, ready for shipment! :blueblob:
Hopefully it will arrive Friday. :pray:
I can't wait!!!:grooving:

Fingers crossed for you, HB!!

09-22-2016, 10:36 AM
ONE MORE DAY!!!

WKMB55
09-22-2016, 04:41 PM
I received my notification too, HB!!

LuvTim
09-22-2016, 06:11 PM
I got my notification, too. :-)

Roey
09-22-2016, 11:20 PM
My Leap of Faith order arrived today and included a signed copy of the lyric insert. a great antidote to a long rough day at work. Saving it to listen in my car during the long drive I have tomorrow (if I can wait that long!).

LuvTim
09-22-2016, 11:28 PM
My Leap of Faith order arrived today and included a signed copy of the lyric insert. a great antidote to a long rough day at work. Saving it to listen in my car during the long drive I have tomorrow (if I can wait that long!).

How exciting for you, Roey! Signed insert! Great! :cheers:

I expect mine tomorrow. ( I hope I get a signed one, too.) :pray:

Annoying Twit
09-23-2016, 04:02 AM
Legally purchased zip file downloading now. I expect I will pick up the CD at some time.

Philh
09-23-2016, 05:11 AM
Amazon in the US and UK are now listing the CD.
Amazon UK have it listed for £24.05 so rather expensive.
Waiting for mine to arrive from the US.

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I looked at the £24.95 price on Amazon, and decided not to. If the extra money was going to Tim I would go ahead. But, I suspect it would be going to Amazon and they then wouldn't be paying any tax on it.

EDIT:

All Those Faces - I really like the arrangement on this with the contrast between the lighter bits and those bits that 'build'.

Oh, I Refuse has started. My favourite from hearing the 30 second section excerpts on Amazon. Now I get to hear the whole thing!

:jealous:I'm up early to catch the album debut on Roots Radio, WMOT.org. I'll be waiting for my home delivery today and checking back with you guys today. Enjoy!! 😀

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 07:38 AM
I called the station. TBS is supposed to be coming up next.

OMG!!! They called me out on Roots Radio!! LOL!! I'm so excited!! :blueblob:

I called them and asked them when they were going to play TBS, as promised. LOL...Well, they were running late. :roll: And it worked-- Timothy is on the radio as we speak!! :grooving:

Too cool. 8)

World Premiere goes out to Tracy!! Oh, Man!

(Oh, forgive me, please. I'm just too excited.)

Annoying Twit
09-23-2016, 07:55 AM
Congratulations Tracy!!!

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 07:57 AM
Congratulations Tracy!!!

Thank you. :-)

GlennLover
09-23-2016, 09:27 AM

I called them and asked them when they were going to play TBS, as promised. LOL...Well, they were running late. :roll: And it worked-- Timothy is on the radio as we speak!! :grooving:

Too cool. 8)

How cool!

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 10:24 AM
Thanks, GL! Shout out and lots of love to all of you in Canada.🆒 "The Hubs" is working on a project up there today.

GlennLover
09-23-2016, 10:56 AM
Amazon Canada is showing the CD now as an import for $24.94. A bit pricey. I didn't order it previously from the US as the shipping charges are quite high & I hoped that it would show up on a Canadian site. Amazon.ca doesn't have it in stock now, but will ship as soon as it is. I suppose there isn't any chance of it being sold on stores such as Walmart?

LuvTim, where in Canada is your husband working?

Brooke
09-23-2016, 10:58 AM
Too cool! I will be downloading as soon as I can! No need to buy a cd for me anymore since I can't use one in my car! I guess if I wanted an autograph I would, but that likely wouldn't happen. Unless Tim comes to a town near me. Then I will buy one. :wink:

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 11:14 AM
Amazon Canada is showing the CD now as an import for $24.94. A bit pricey. I didn't order it previously from the US as the shipping charges are quite high & I hoped that it would show up on a Canadian site. Amazon.ca doesn't have it in stock now, but will ship as soon as it is. I suppose there isn't any chance of it being sold on stores such as Walmart?

LuvTim, where in Canada is your husband working?

Toronto.

GlennLover
09-23-2016, 11:15 AM
Toronto.

About a 2 hour flight from me

NightMistBlue
09-23-2016, 11:44 AM
Congrats, Tracy! Maybe Timmy heard the dedication?

I'm listening to the new album right now. So is most of my office, lemme turn it down :) Sounds so good! Did he produce this himself? I like the organic, natural sound with the guitars at the forefront. He's a talented bro. I hope this does extremely well for him.

"Slow Down" has a xylophone solo! Dig it.

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Congrats, Tracy! Maybe Timmy heard the dedication?

I'm listening to the new album right now. So is most of my office, lemme turn it down :) Sounds so good! Did he produce this himself? I like the organic, natural sound with the guitars at the forefront. He's a talented bro. I hope this does extremely well for him.

Dare I hope that he heard it? Lol...:-D

I'm pretty sure that I heard him say that he and Hank Linderman did the production work.

NightMistBlue
09-23-2016, 01:44 PM
Impressive resume for this cat Hank: http://soundsdangerous.com/artists/hanklinderman

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 01:57 PM
Impressive resume for this cat Hank: http://soundsdangerous.com/artists/hanklinderman

Yeah, Hank's great. He played last night with Timothy at the Roots Factory show. He was on Expando and toured with Timothy then. But you probably already know this.
P.S. I dig his hair.

MaryCalifornia
09-23-2016, 02:30 PM
Wow, LT, so cool about the radio shout-out to you!!! Nice job!!!!

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Thanx, mc

LuvTim
09-23-2016, 04:13 PM
http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p495/timswifetracy/TBScd9232016_zpsgfcvyv2n.jpg (http://s1152.photobucket.com/user/timswifetracy/media/TBScd9232016_zpsgfcvyv2n.jpg.html)

It's here! It's autographed! Best. Friday. Ever.

Brooke
09-23-2016, 04:45 PM
Woo hoo hoo! Awesome! :yay:

NightMistBlue
09-23-2016, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Hank's great. He played last night with Timothy at the Roots Factory show. He was on Expando and toured with Timothy then. But you probably already know this.
P.S. I dig his hair.

I dig his dobro :)

Tracy, woo-hoo! You're having the best week ever :)

Gemini
09-23-2016, 09:54 PM
LT, I'm so happy about the radio shout-out (how cool!?) and that you got an autographed copy! Thanks for sharing the picture!

TBS was great last night at Music City Roots ... he did more songs than I expected so that was nice and sounded so good. I can hardly wait for the show on Monday in ATL. I thought Hank was really great, too. He was awesome during Timothy's set but I was also really impressed by him during the song with everyone at the end, not just the playing but he looked so relaxed and like he was enjoying it.

AlreadyGone95
09-24-2016, 04:14 AM
The album is available on Spotify, so I'll give it a listen sometime over the weekend. If I like it(pretty sure I will), I'll buy a CD copy in October.

Tracy, it's cool that you got a shout-out, and I'm glad you got an autographed copy.

Houston Baby
09-24-2016, 11:18 AM
That is SO cool Tracy!! Now I am jealous!:jealous:
I got notification that my cds from Wonderful Union will not be delivered until Tuesday! WONDERFUL Union.....seriously, they need a new name! :sigh:

LuvTim
09-24-2016, 11:18 AM
I love the way this group is happy for each other. It's just so cool. Thanks everyone. Bless you all. I'm just about back to myself after the excitement of the last few days. :-)

AG, thanks for your support.

Gemini, thanks to you, too.
TBS and Hank really did look happy and relaxed at the Roots fest. I'm so glad they're looking so healthy and comfortable. I think it could bode well for a future tour announcement.
I thought so hard about heading to Atlanta after I heard that Nashville sold out so quickly. Ultimately I decided to wait for the hoped-for tour. But I want to hear all about it from our Borderers who are fortunate enough to be able to attend. Have a fun night and, if you get the chance, give Timothy our love.

LuvTim
09-24-2016, 11:21 AM
I got notification that my cds from Wonderful Union will not be delivered until Tuesday! WONDERFUL Union.....seriously, they need a new name! :sigh:[/quote]

Oh no. That sux, HB.

Houston Baby
09-24-2016, 11:30 AM
I know.....:sigh:
I keep checking the tracking location like that will speed it up. :roll:

Delilah
09-24-2016, 11:33 AM

Too cool. 8)

That's awesome--way to go keeping the station on its toes!:thumbsup:

LuvTim
09-24-2016, 11:34 AM
HB, OMG, I know. I was doing that all day yesterday. Lol...

LuvTim
09-24-2016, 01:56 PM
I just downloaded the mp3 at Amazon.
While I was on site, I noticed a notification that said they were sold out of the cd. What?? Amazon is already sold out of the cd version!

NightMistBlue
09-24-2016, 03:18 PM
That's a good sign - it's selling! I hope Timmy has a hit.

Woodstock
09-24-2016, 06:57 PM
I was so hoping I would get the CD yesterday.....Wonderful Union.....looks like I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for delivery:sigh:

LuvTim
09-24-2016, 07:09 PM
I was so hoping I would get the CD yesterday.....Wonderful Union.....looks like I have to wait until Monday or Tuesday for delivery:sigh:

That's a bummer, Woodstock. :-(

Can you go to Spotify and listen? It's free.

P.S. (I love your name. ;-) )

travlnman2
09-24-2016, 07:24 PM
That's a bummer, Woodstock. :-(

Can you go to Spotify and listen? It's free.

P.S. (I love your name. ;-) )

Ha. I wonder if she has any pot

Houston Baby
09-24-2016, 07:25 PM

I feel your pain Woodstock....:sigh:

Woodstock
09-24-2016, 11:23 PM
I'm a She, not a "He" and as for pot....those days are long behind me!! And I'll just keep checking my mailbox for my CD:grooving:

travlnman2
09-25-2016, 08:08 AM
I'm a She, not a "He" and as for pot....those days are long behind me!! And I'll just keep checking my mailbox for my CD:grooving:

I apologize. Won't make that mistake again :)

Woodstock
09-25-2016, 12:10 PM
You're forgiven!
:thumbsup:

Funk 50
09-25-2016, 01:52 PM

I'm surprised the retailer didn't send you the mp3 files to listen to while you wait for snail mail.

The last mp3 album I bought included wonderful pdf versions of the artwork so I could zoom into pics that would be difficult to read at CD size.

I don't think artwork is included at this free site: http://itsonlyrockandroll.info/?p=58499

Favourite tracks for starters; Pearl On The String. The Island and It's Alright. Is that The Traveling Wilburys I'm hearing in the bridge?

Tim's voice is in fine fettle. Seems he's made a complete recovery after that throat surgery a couple of years back. :-)

Annoying Twit
09-25-2016, 04:05 PM
I just received the mp3s and nothing else when I purchased the album. I really wish I had the full credits. Hopefully, some kind person will scan them at some point. Or at least create a really detailed Wikipedia page for the album. There's nothing on wiki at all yet.

UK TimFan
09-26-2016, 12:21 AM
For anyone in the UK, Amazon are selling the CD (when it comes into stock) for £24.05, but if you click on 'more buying choices' you can order it through a company based in Illinois for £12.09 plus £1.26 postage.

UndertheWire
09-28-2016, 06:40 PM
This isn't loading for me, but it's supposed to be a podcast with Timothy talking about the new album:
http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/podcasts/7525596/chart-beat-podcast-timothy-b-schmit-on-new-album-leap-of-faith-the

ETA: I managed to hear it and it's a great interview. He sounds like such a nice man with a good sense of his place in the world and gratitutude for what he has had.

NightMistBlue
09-29-2016, 03:23 PM
Thank you for that link, UtW. Timothy is such a sweet pea & I love his speaking voice (he still sounds like a very young man).

I must check out the "Something Sad" song they played a blip of - it sounded so good. :grooving:

10-01-2016, 03:50 PM
First of all - Congrats to everyone who got a signed copy of Leap of Faith.

Unfortunately, I still don't have the album yet. I didn't pre-order it and had planned on getting my copy at the Nashville show. After missing that, I wasn't able to look for it this past week, but I hope to get it soon though. I mentioned in another thread though that I'm a bit surprised that he isn't doing more songs from the album in his recent shows.

sodascouts
10-02-2016, 02:42 PM
I got notification that my cds from Wonderful Union will not be delivered until Tuesday! WONDERFUL Union.....seriously, they need a new name! :sigh:

Like Dreamer, I was planning on getting my CD at the show I never made it to. Last night, I went to Tim's site to get it off of there because I wanted to T-shirt, too. However, when it came time to sign in, my distrust of Wonderful Union overcame my desire for the shirt. I'm going to look for it as Best Buy and Walmart; if all else fails, I'll get it from Amazon. Anything but Wonderful Union (formerly known as the much-reviled groundctrl).

Too cool. :cool:

And I know I'm late on this but - SO COOL about the radio dedication, Tracy!

Freypower
10-02-2016, 08:43 PM
My copy has been sent. I was worried because when I first ordered it, it was out of stock!

LuvTim
10-02-2016, 09:28 PM
My copy has been sent. I was worried because when I first ordered it, it was out of stock!

Yay, FP! So happy you're going to have yours soon! I hope you love it. :grooving:

Also, so happy for Timothy:heart: that it has been selling so well! Yay! :-D

sodascouts
10-02-2016, 09:57 PM
I decided to go ahead and put my order in on Amazon even though it is out of stock - hopefully they'll get new ones soon and, like FP, I'll be getting mine sooner rather than later.

Philh
10-04-2016, 08:43 AM
My cd copy has just arrived here in the UK and I was lucky to get the extra lyric booklet which was signed. Just going to listen now. Hope the album enters the Billboard 200 soon and hope for more tour dates.

Brooke
10-04-2016, 10:04 AM
I've looked at my Walmart and they don't have it yet. Must check other places, I guess. I thought I'd just download, but some say the sound isn't as good. What to do! I have nowhere to play a cd other than my computer! :hmm:

LuvTim
10-04-2016, 11:41 AM
I've looked at my Walmart and they don't have it yet. Must check other places, I guess. I thought I'd just download, but some say the sound isn't as good. What to do! I have nowhere to play a cd other than my computer! :hmm:

Brooke, have you considered uploading the CD (once you've got one!) to your computer and then downloading to a jump drive (or flash drive) to plug into your car? (Your new car probably has multiple USB ports.) I do that and then I just leave the jump drive plugged in, moving from Eagles file to TBS file to Poco file, etc., on the tech screen.
:-)
I've always uploaded music to my computer and stored it on the auxiliary. That way you can always have a back-up with the CD sound. (I know a lot of people are just using the cloud for back-up these days.) Anyway, just an idea. Good luck!

Brooke
10-04-2016, 12:35 PM
Brooke, have you considered uploading the CD (once you've got one!) to your computer and then downloading to a jump drive (or flash drive) to plug into your car? (Your new car probably has multiple USB ports.) I do that and then I just leave the jump drive plugged in, moving from Eagles file to TBS file to Poco file, etc., on the tech screen.
:-)
I've always uploaded music to my computer and stored it on the auxiliary. That way you can always have a back-up with the CD sound. (I know a lot of people are just using the cloud for back-up these days.) Anyway, just an idea. Good luck!

I do that only put them on my ipod, which I use in my car. Is the sound the same as the ipod or better?

LuvTim
10-04-2016, 01:29 PM
I do that only put them on my ipod, which I use in my car. Is the sound the same as the ipod or better?

Probably not a noticeable difference.

sodascouts
10-09-2016, 07:39 PM
Everyone, I've made a new thread for comments about the album, and I've moved posts discussing the songs from this thread to that thread. It's called Reviews and Comments about Leap of Faith (https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6690).

The purpose of making a new thread is so that people who are new to the board don't have to go through pages of "I can't wait for the album" or "I'm having trouble ordering the album" to get to discussion of the songs.

I know it is an inconvenience and probably an annoyance to those who have become accustomed to posting about the songs in this thread to switch over. I apologize for that. However, I would ask that board members please humor me and help newbies by posting about the songs in the other thread linked above.

Thank you. :)

Funk 50
02-11-2017, 03:39 PM
I've finally bought it.... from a local CD shop!

HMV, the only remaining, former record shop that I see locally, had the CD. I heard that Leap Of Faith was going to be released on February 10th in the UK. There was little to nothing in the press but I chanced a trip to the local store and there it was. :D

They also had Glenn's After Hours which they didn't have when it was released in 2012... and they've downsized since then.

There were a few Walsh CDs too. Most suprisingly, the one that was originally a bootleg from 1991, which was also the most expensive. :headscratch:

I'm going to get my pocket magnifier now and study the sleeve notes. After a quick scan I've learnt that Tim plays Marxophone, Ukelele, Drums and Cigfiddle, whatever that is, on the album. Donna De Lory is the background vocalist on What I Should Do and all the brass instruments on This Waltz are played by David Ralicke. :bye: