PDA

View Full Version : The Border hits 100 members!!!!

sodascouts
12-07-2007, 01:30 PM
Landmark day folks - The Border now has 100 members! And just a week before we turn a year old!!

Thanks to everyone who has been a part of this community and helped it grow - which you've done just by posting here - even if you don't have time to post a lot. I feel so lucky to have this place to talk about the Eagles with friends.... and to make new friends as well. The internet community can have its drawbacks, but I think those are far outweighed by its benefits. At the risk of sounding corny, I feel blessed in so many ways.

Again, thanks everyone. You rock. ;)

Ive always been a dreamer
12-07-2007, 03:02 PM
That is awesome. I'm so glad that we reached that milestone right around the anniversary date of taking the board public. Congrats Soda - you have done a wonderful job with all of the sites that are part of the Eagles Online network.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I too, am so grateful to have this community where we can have a great time discussing our favorite band with other fans, and keeping up-to-date with what is going on. I truly appreciate the friendships that I have made here. My only regret is that I can't find more time to hang out here!

Brooke
12-07-2007, 03:43 PM
:cheers: Here, here! I couldn't have said it better myself!!

:grouphug:

Glennsallnighter
12-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Congratulations from me too. :cheers:
I'm delighted to be part of such a wonderful community of people, and like so many others only regret that I cant spend more time on the board.

A big Thank you from me too to Soda and the other Moderators for all the work they do to keep the border running smothly and to keep it updated!

:yay: :yay: :yay: LONG LIVE THE BORDER :yay: :yay: :yay:

Freypower
12-07-2007, 08:13 PM
The above sentiments are fully shared by me.

I'm proud of the Border, EOC, GFO and all the associated sites. I'm proud to be part of this community and long may it continue to thrive and flourish. And I'm also proud to be associated wtith the wonderful people I've met here.

:wave: :grouphug: :shy:

tbs fanatic
12-07-2007, 08:21 PM
WooHoo! That is wonderful. :band: Congrats on a great site. Let's party

:band: :drummer: :guitar: :guitar: :drummer: :band:

DonFan
12-07-2007, 11:23 PM
WOO-HOO!!! 100 Members!!! What a great milestone!
Thanks to you, Nancy, for all your hard work, and thanks to all the great people I talk to on this site everyday!!

:thumbsup: :rockon: :cheers: :headbang:

JoeFan
12-08-2007, 04:02 AM
Congratulations, I really enjoy this message board, thank you for creating it.

EasyFeeling
12-08-2007, 11:06 AM
Congratulation to this wonderful site, Nancy. :D I'm really glad that I've found so many friends here. :) I know I don't contribute as much as others to the discussions but always read and enjoy these. My lack of language knowledge is always present and that's what makes it a little bit more difficult for me.
But I've learned a lot over the last year and it's due to you that my English got so much better. 8)

rcknalwys
12-08-2007, 02:05 PM
Such an awesome feat, 100 members and a year online! And each day it just gets better and better. You've done such a great job on all the sites and like everyone else, I thoroughly enjoy being here. Talking with others who share my love for the Eagles is so much fun and there's always something new to look forward to. As you said, there are drawbacks to online communitities, but not here. There is so much genuine support for everyone, in so many ways. A place where others understand how we feel about the guys and where we can indulge ourselves in their music, eye candy and more, without someone rolling their eyes and thinking we're weird. Thank you to all who make this possible.
:band:

glenneaglesfan
12-09-2007, 12:03 PM
Congratulations on a hundred members and nearly a year of the Border! It's a great place to be and I'm very grateful for all the friends I have made here. Long Live the Border!!

sodascouts
12-09-2007, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the kind words, everybody! I'm touched. Like I said, we're all in it together! :)

Mrs Frey
12-10-2007, 10:50 AM
Congratulations to The Border! It's wonderful that we have so many members. A milestone indeed. :applause: :cheers: :yay: :rockon: :thumbsup:

Soda - well, what can I say that hasn't been said already by all of you except thank you SO much once again for starting this amazing website and for your continued hard work on it and all the other related websites. My thanks also go to the other moderators for everything they do.

I have so little time to visit The Border and to keep up with everyone's contributions, but I thoroughly enjoy the limited time that I have and I've made wonderful friends here. I love talking about The Eagles and especially about Glenn :heart:, and had it not been for this website, I would not have become the fan that I am today. This site has brought me so much knowledge, and access to so many wonderful music videos and photos that I would not have seen otherwise, not to mention pure and simple thrilling joy.

All of you are absolutely wonderful, thoughtful, caring and extremely knowledgeable and intelligent too (not to mention witty and funny!). It's such a pleasure to be able to chat with all of you and share thoughts and opinions. :grouphug: Thank you all once again.

Maleah
12-10-2007, 08:58 PM
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is so awesome! I can honestly say that I've never felt so at home immediately at a message board like I did when I first joined the border. I loved it immediately and you all were SO welcoming! So thanks to all of you for allowing me to join the "family" and to Nancy for giving us all a "home" to come together! :D