PDA

View Full Version : Season 1 of Roadies

UndertheWire
10-15-2015, 05:19 AM
Cameron Crowe's tv series about roadies is going ahead. It's filming in 2016 and will be shown towards the end of 2016.

Created by Crowe, Roadies is an insider’s look at the reckless, romantic, funny and often poignant lives of a committed group of “roadies” who live for music and the de facto family they’ve formed along the way. The series chronicles the rock world through the eyes of music’s unsung heroes and puts the spotlight on the backstage workers who put the show on the road while touring the United States for the successful arena-level group, The Staton-House Band. Kelly Curtis, Pearl Jam’s manager and a regular collaborator with Crowe, is also on board as producer and music supervisor.
http://deadline.com/2015/10/cameron-crowe-roadies-picked-up-series-showtime-1201582180/

Ive always been a dreamer
10-24-2015, 05:33 PM
This should be interesting - definitely going to keep my eye on this one!

UndertheWire
06-13-2016, 02:36 PM
I'm treating this as a Cameron Crowe thread, as his new show, "Roadies" will be out soon. Here's something about the preview:

Mingling with the cast was none other than music titan manager Irving Azoff, who is one of the consultants on the show. Irving, who is known never to mince words, told me that show was, “Amazing, simply terrific. Cameron is just brilliant. Happy to be a part of this.” Azoff’s wife, the powerhouse Shelli, was with him and it’s not just a coincidence that Carla Gugino’s character, the tough lady of the road tour, is also smartly named Shelli.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2016/06/07/cameron-crowes-roadies-premiere-george-clooneys-tequila-for-everyone-and-a-character-named-for-shelli-azoff

shunlvswx
06-13-2016, 02:41 PM
Wasn't this the show Cameron Crowe was talking about having Glenn in there or guest starred?

shunlvswx
06-13-2016, 02:44 PM
OK. Found the article about Cameron casting Glenn in this show. Too bad it didn't happen. :cry:

http://www.avclub.com/article/read-cameron-crowe-pens-loving-tribute-eagles-glen-231109

UndertheWire
06-13-2016, 02:46 PM
Wasn't this the show Cameron Crowe was talking about having Glenn in there or guest starred?
Yes, he wanted Glenn to play the manager, "Preston". However, I can't see a character called "Preston" in the character list at imdb.

If you're in the US, the first episode is available to watch (legitimately) online.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwYCA7dbqJ8

Also, the actor who plays the tour manager, researched the role by talking to the Eagles road manager and the Fleetwood Mac road manager.

They all said, "You have to have the answer and even if you don't know the answer sometimes you job is to make your guy think that he thought of the solution!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5YqMelT0RI

buffyfan145
06-13-2016, 04:15 PM
I've been thinking of checking out this show since I love Cameron's movies, I like some of the actors in it, and I knew he was wanting Glenn to play the band's manager. IMDB usually isn't updated accurately till the press releases for each episode comes out or after it airs, but it's possible Cameron changed the character's name too. I do know Cameron's got a lot of musicians guest starring including Lindsey Buckingham as himself.

NightMistBlue
06-13-2016, 04:30 PM
Ooh! Lindsey B. is going to be a tv? Where and when?

buffyfan145
06-13-2016, 09:00 PM
Not sure which episode it is yet NMB. "Roadies" does premiere on Showtime on the 26th and it'll be a 10 episode season, so hopefully we'll find out more soon.

UndertheWire
06-14-2016, 04:43 AM
I've been thinking of checking out this show since I love Cameron's movies, I like some of the actors in it, and I knew he was wanting Glenn to play the band's manager. IMDB usually isn't updated accurately till the press releases for each episode comes out or after it airs, but it's possible Cameron changed the character's name too. I do know Cameron's got a lot of musicians guest starring including Lindsey Buckingham as himself.
"Preston" is mentioned in one of the preview clips. I wonder if he's a character that people talk about but who never appears on-screen. It has me thinking of Cameron's description of his first meeting with the Eagles an how Glenn wasn't there but his name kept coming up and finally, Glenn swept into the room. With "Roadies", the idea may have been to have "Preston" as an absent character that everyone talks about but we don't see for weeks and then he finally turns up and it's.... Glenn Frey!

NightMistBlue
06-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Oh cr*p, it's premium cable. I'll have to wait for the DVD.

P.S. I never saw Lindsey on SNL either. Apparently he once made an appearance as a guest on "What's Up with That?"

buffyfan145
06-14-2016, 10:30 AM
UTW, that would've been a great idea and I would've loved that. Would fit too with how it seems like now Cameron's based a character off of Glenn in almost every movie he's made. We knew about Russell in "Almost Famous", then Glenn played the coach character in "Jerry Maguire", and Cameron confirmed he based Mike Damone in "Fast Times" off Glenn in that tribute article in Rolling Stone and I now wonder about "Say Anything" (as it's my favorite of Cameron's movies). It will be interesting to see if they did choose a different actor or if that character will still be just spoken off but not shown.

We lucked out with a couple months free of Showtime since we had a technical issue with our tv company, so I can watch most of the season. Our free trial does end in August so I think I won't get to watch the final 2 or 3 episodes till a DVD release but I'm hoping Lindsey's episode is still while we have it.

buffyfan145
07-06-2016, 04:17 PM
"Roadies" did recast Preston with Brian Benben. He debuted in the 2nd episode and looks to be recurring from the trailer I saw for the rest of the season. Lindsey was also in the trailer but still don't know when his episode airs yet. The show's not too bad but it doesn't have the same feel as Cameron's movies.

sodascouts
07-09-2016, 09:51 PM
Lindsey is guest starring on Showtime's series Roadies tomorrow, and his live performance of "Big Love" will be featured on its soundtrack.

See a preview here:

http://zap2it.com/2016/07/roadies-fleetwood-mac-lindsey-buckingham-steals-the-show-bleed-to-love-her/

ETA: "Big Love" again. Sigh. However, I hear on the Mac fanboards that there will be a lot of other songs featured on the show, including instrumental versions of rarities like "Think About Me."

UndertheWire
07-10-2016, 09:47 AM
I've just found out that Roadies is available with Amazon Prime UK (included in the subscription).

sodascouts
07-10-2016, 01:24 PM
In the US, you have to have a Showtime subscription to watch it. You can't even pay to watch an individual episode; you have to purchase the entire subscription wholesale even if you just want to see one thing.

And they wonder why people look for "alternate" sources...

buffyfan145
07-10-2016, 03:54 PM
I'm glad it's tonight's episode and we're luckily getting a free preview of Showtime till the end of next month so I can see it. I watched the other 2 eps and while I've loved most of Cameron's movies it just doesn't feel the same with the show even though I like some of the cast. Will watch tonight but probably won't after that.

shunlvswx
07-10-2016, 11:15 PM
I just saw this on facebook.

If you have Showtime, Glenn's daughter Taylor is on this week's episode of Roadies. Also Lindsey is in this episode too. The episode is called The Bryce Newman Letter. Her character name is Cassie. She's the love interest of Luke Wilson's character.

That was a surprised. I usually record this show, but I probably wouldn't had known that was Taylor when I was watching.

I saw the debut of the character Preston. I could definitely see Glenn in this role. The character wasn't on tonight's episode that much. One scene and that was it. Now Lindsey had a lot of air time.

Here's a post from Twitter.

Roadies ‏@SHO_Roadies (https://twitter.com/SHO_Roadies) 54m54 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/SHO_Roadies/status/752323704340615168) #FunFact (https://twitter.com/hashtag/FunFact?src=hash): Cassie is played by the daughter of the late Glenn Frey. #SHORoadies (https://twitter.com/hashtag/SHORoadies?src=hash) #Eagles (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Eagles?src=hash)

https://twitter.com/SHO_Roadies/status/752323704340615168

UndertheWire
07-11-2016, 05:13 AM
I've just watched it and I'm not sure what to say. I wish I hadn't known who it was before I watched because then I could have seen it without thoughts of "Does she look like her mother or her father?"

She acquitted herself well - warm and natural - and doesn't come across as awkward stunt-casting. It seems wrong to be so focused on how she looks, but this wasn't a part that allowed for range of acting. I was looking forward to seeing more of her later in the show, in part, to see if the camera loves her. That's because lookwise she's not a conventional "pretty girl", she's more interesting than that. She has a great smile, like her mother, but the angles of her face show something of her father. I wanted to see if it worked on screen.

It's a cable show and Taylor provide this week's nudity quotient. It's tastefully shot.

"Preston" makes his second brief appearance. It's a part Glenn could have played but a bit "meh" without that frission of it being a cameo by a big name. Glenn would have done more for the part than the part would have done for him.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 10:08 AM
OMG Cassie was Taylor!!!! :o I had no idea that was her. I actually really liked her character and kept thinking the actress playing her looked familiar but I thought it was an actress I've seen on another TV show/movie. She did really well (especially since I thought it was an actress I'd seen before) and I liked her scenes with Luke Wilson, and especially at the end of the episode because it felt somewhat like that iconic scene from Cameron's "Say Anything". LOL

Lindsey did really great too in his scenes. I've been having issues with the show as it wasn't living up to my expectations with me loving most of Cameron's films, but last night's wasn't too bad. I do like Luke, Carla, Imogen, and Rafe in the cast but still don't think it's enough for me to keep watching. I agree I could've seen Glenn as Preston too.

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 10:58 AM
I've been watching this show since it started, but I don't remember the character Cassie. So I have to go back to watch the other two episodes. Like I said. If I didn't see the post about Taylor being in last night's episode, I wouldn't had known that was her. I had recorded last night's episode and I was going to watch it later like I've been doing the other episodes. I end up watching the episode once it ended.

As who she looks like. No doubt about it she looks like Cindy. I always loved her eyes. They are soo pretty.

Lindsey did a great job. He was soo funny. He really did have a lot of scenes. I didn't expect him in a lot of scenes. I didn't know Lindsey was so short. How tall is he?

But yesterday's episode I really liked. They had me laughing especially Bryce Newman. I agree. I'm not really enjoying the show. Its kinda boring, but I can't stop watching it. :hilarious:

NightMistBlue
07-11-2016, 12:00 PM
I think Lindsey's official height is 5'10"

AlreadyGone95
07-11-2016, 01:27 PM
I don't suppose that this episode is or will be available for free viewing online? I don't have any cable or satellite. I have the 6 month trial version of Amazon Student Prime, but it doesn't include Amazon Prime Video.

sodascouts
07-11-2016, 01:36 PM
Is Taylor in all three episodes? I was only planning on obtaining the third one for Lindsey but if she is, I'll get them all.

ETA: IMDB (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8021920/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t19) only lists her as appearing on this one, but I'll take the word of those who've seen it over that.

UndertheWire
07-11-2016, 01:46 PM
Just episode 3.

NightMistBlue
07-11-2016, 02:48 PM
How brave of Lindsey to be making his acting debut at...what, 66? Good for him. People said he did a good job and was funny.

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 03:34 PM
I didn't know that was Lindsey's acting debut. He did great. Like I said in the other thread, he had a lot of scenes. Not just one scene and that's it. I think it was like 5 or 6 scenes.

The scene with the guy who played Bryce Newman was hilarious. Poor Lindsey. He thought the guy was crazy which actually he was because of something he drank.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 03:54 PM
I posted in the other thread too but I agree Lindsey was great!!! :D I laughed during a few of the scenes too, especially with Rainn Wilson. I liked that he was supposed to be friends with Luke Wilson's character too. Hard to believe Lindsey's never acted before since he was good.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 04:04 PM
So far she's only been in episode 3. I can't remember if Cassie might've been mentioned though in the first two episodes as it seems like Luke's character Bill and her have been on/off for the past couple years. She could appear later in the season as it seemed like with her final scene it could be hinting at more since Imogen's character Kelly Ann encouraged Bill to try to continue things with Cassie, and whomever is updating IMDB is only doing it close to when each episode airs or the day after.

It might eventually be on DVD or Netflix. They've done that with Showtime shows in the past. Of course it also depends if it gets renewed or not, but do know the ratings aren't that good.

UndertheWire
07-11-2016, 05:06 PM
Showtime are offering a free 7-day subscription through Amazon.com (probably US only).

https://www.amazon.com/Roadies-Life-is-a-Carnival/dp/B01GW8GFT8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468267149&sr=8-1&keywords=roadies

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 05:18 PM
It was nice to see Taylor in there. I guess Taylor got bitten by the acting bug. Looking on IMDB, she starred in two other things, but of course. It looked like small parts.

She wasn't bad. I just wish she had more scenes.

RudieCantFail
07-11-2016, 06:10 PM
Well, you can watch it on Putlocker.is, but you need to install an adblocker on your internet browser to access it. You can use it w/o one, but it's annoying b/c there are pop-ups every time you press play/pause or skip to a different part. I've been using the website for over a year now on occasion and I haven't run into any problems w/ my PC while using an adblocker. Also, as you can tell by its nature, it's not the most legal website, but it hasn't been shut down yet. I like it better than torrents as long as you use an Adblocker. Honestly, I just use it if I'm too lazy to drive to my local library for movies. I only have Netflix by mail, not the streaming.

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 06:56 PM
I'm re-watching the episode. For those who saw the episode, did anybody notice Preston brought up Irving's name? I don't know how I missed that.

buffyfan145
07-11-2016, 09:11 PM
I totally missed that about Irving too. LOL I did notice too that during Bill and Cassie's text messages/her seeing him through the window at the end Bill gave her a nickname and it brought to mind how Cameron himself has talked about how Glenn was always giving people nicknames.

I checked out her IMDB page too and that's interesting she had an extra role in Cate Blanchet's film "Carol" as that was up for some Oscars back in February. It'll be interesting to see if Taylor sticks with it as I thought she was good.

07-11-2016, 09:32 PM
:hmm: - I gonna have to figure out how to see this. I may just check out the Showtime trial offer, but I don't want it past the trial so I'll have to make sure I can cancel after the trial period.

And thanks everyone for your comments - they convinced me that I definitely need to see this.

shunlvswx
07-11-2016, 09:38 PM
IABAD. I've been watching this show since the beginning. I think this was the best episode of the three. I found the other episodes kinda boring, but I doubt I will stop watching it.

GlennLover
07-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Taylor studied drama at NYU.

Brooke
07-12-2016, 09:27 AM
I would like to see it too, but don't have Showtime. Boo!

buffyfan145
07-12-2016, 10:07 AM
I think I am going to stick with it now and mostly because I'm curious if Taylor is going to come back but also became I'm shipping Imogene and Rafe's characters so I want to see where that goes. LOL I'm a huge TV watcher anyway so I've been wondering where Cameron is going to take Luke & Carla's characters since it's been hinted that there is something going on between them even if they don't realize it. It's another reason I think Taylor's character Cassie might be back since they did cast Carla's character's husband who will appear later this season and obviously they are going for a love triangle/quadrangle if they do bring back Cassie and she's the only one we've seen so far that Luke's character Bill has actual feelings for. But that's the writer talking in me as that's what I would do. LOL :)

buffyfan145
07-18-2016, 10:20 AM
I'm so glad I decided to stick with "Roadies" as last night's episode was their best!!! :D That felt so much like Cameron's movies and reminded me again why I love his movies and how he writes relationships whether it's romantic, familial, or friendships. I realized this show needed more drama to fit it's dramaedy format and last night's ep did it. And also focused a lot on the possible romantic relationships between Kelly Ann and Reg, as well as Bill and Shelli, but also various friendships between the characters. Noticed a difference with last week's ep and Glenn's daughter Taylor guest starting as Bill's on/off girlfriend and Lindsey Buckingham giving advice to Bill, so hopefully it's taking a turn in the right direction with these past two eps and the rest of the season. :)

Also, I'm loving Netflix's new 80s set show "Stranger Things"!!! :D It's such a great homage to Steven Spielberg's movies and Stephen King's stories and love the cast, especially the child actors. Plus find it so funny how I currently watch 3 80s set shows with his, "Halt & Catch Fire", and "Dead of Summer", and I know there are at least 6 shows total that take place then. So weird my decade of birth is now considered a period drama. LOL :razz:

Dawn
07-18-2016, 11:35 AM
Here is a short clip from the episode don't know who the girl is in the glasses perhaps someone who watched the whole show can help us out

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YDrVhh1DGDA

shunlvswx
07-18-2016, 11:42 AM
She's the band's craze fan. Stalker. She suppose to not get into the building, but she seem to always find a way to get in especially backstage.

UndertheWire
07-18-2016, 11:49 AM
The girl with glasses is a stalker and a recurrent character.

I'm not sure of the purpose of the Cassie character, other than possibly a source of friction between the Nill and Shelli (tour and production manager respectively) in their will-they-won't-they non-romance.

UndertheWire
07-18-2016, 12:06 PM
I agree about that episode of Roiadies having more of a Cameron Crowe feel (although I think I saw it was directed by someone else). It had a kind of sweetness and gentle humour.

Dawn
07-18-2016, 12:10 PM
Thanks!! I was wondering if that was a recurring role I think the show looks really interesting going to see if I can subscribe to Showtime! I think Taylor probably had a blast being cast in the show I wonder if we will see more of her.

buffyfan145
08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Cameron Crowe did just a great tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd last night in the latest episode of his show "Roadies"!!! :D All the characters spent the whole episode on a bus ride so the Phil character (Ron White) finally told them the story of how he met Ronnie and started touring with the band and we got to see the flashbacks. It was such a great episode and the actor who played Ronnie did a great job. Some of the stories were true and they used footage from actual Skynyrd concerts, but Cameron did also write in that story of what happened with Irving and the Eagles with the drugs at the airport but made it about Phil instead. The relationship Cameron wrote about Ronnie & Phil felt so much like how he wrote Russell & William's in "Almost Famous" and we know that was based off Cameron & Glenn's real life friendship, so when Phil talked about Ronnie dying and how hard it was to lose one of his close friends & mentors it hit me that I think Cameron was also talking about Glenn and I got teary eyed. It was such a great episode. :applause:

UndertheWire
08-15-2016, 01:12 PM
I don't know a lot about Lynyrd Skynyrd (apart from the plane crash and the two most famous songs), but I enjoyed it. They were more convincing than Vinyl's "Led Zeppelin" and I loved the swagger as they walked out of a hotel together.

I made the Eagles connection with the customs, although I'm sure every band had its own customs story.

shunlvswx
08-28-2016, 03:11 PM
I was looking at my guide on my tv and Roadies season finale is tonight and they were going to have a ton of famous stars on their show. I know Jackson Browne is one of them, but I can't remembered the others.

As I was reading the info on the episode. Here's what it says.

A lineup of rock stars, celebrities, and icons are present at a special tribute to a rock n roll icon at the Forum in Inglewood, CA.Made me think of Glenn since his memorial service was at the Forum. Maybe Cameron had Glenn in mind for that episode.

buffyfan145
08-28-2016, 04:51 PM
I was going to wait to post about tonight's episode of "Roadies" till after it aired but they killed off one of the characters unexpectedly last week and when I saw the preview and episode description I immediately thought of Glenn. There's been so many references to the Eagles and Glenn, as well as the other bands Cameron toured with in the 70s, and it made me wonder if Cameron is writing some of this because of it. I had posted too how the Lynyrd Skynyrd flashback episode felt almost exactly like "Almost Famous" too. I'm so glad I stuck with this show and looking forward to watching the finale tonight and seeing who all ends up appearing.

LovinGlennGirl
08-28-2016, 05:00 PM
I had read after Glenn died, I hate typing that :(, that Crowe had called to offer him a part on Roadies but he was too ill to accept. Sad

buffyfan145
08-28-2016, 05:03 PM
I had read after Glenn died, I hate typing that :(, that Crowe had called to offer him a part on Roadies but he was too ill to accept. Sad

Yeah, he wanted Glenn to play the fictional band's manager Preston. After seeing the character I can totally see why and Glenn playing that part. It would've made those scenes really funny.

UndertheWire
08-29-2016, 06:32 AM
So many things in that final Roadies episode.

From the obvious -
- when Bill introduces Shelli to the real-life Shelli Azoff, he says that Don Henley calls The Forum "The house that Shelli built".
- in the introduction, the camera pans across a plaque signed by the Eagles.

Remembering that the Eagles were the first act to play at the revamped Forum, in particular, when two of the characters are standing on the roof and I'm thinking of that giant rotating HC disc.

Of course, whenever I see Jackson Browne, I think of the Eagles.

Greg Leisz performed with Jackson Browne and I thought of Glenn's Route 66 video because he plays on that.

As already said, a memorial at The Forum is a sad reminder.

Maybe it's a stretch, but I began to wonder if there was anything of Glenn in Phil. I can't tell because that's a side of Glenn that we only hear of occasionally.

buffyfan145
08-29-2016, 09:55 AM
I totally agree UTW and I was emotional as well from all of it,. There was so much of Glenn and the Eagles in this episode, especially seeing the photo of them at the Forum. I did notice Phil had a thing for nicknaming people, which we know Glenn did as well. I loved the scene where Kelly Ann finally got her nickname and finding out from Phil's son (who I think actually is Ron's son) what it meant and that Phil knew bright things were coming for her future. :) I'd hate to say this but with the show being low rated and Showtime's treatment of their shows lately I do feel like this will work as a series finale and I will miss it, but it ended really well if that's the case.

shunlvswx
08-29-2016, 12:46 PM
It was a good episode. IT was cool to see a picture of the Eagles and then their autographs. I didn't expect to see that, but I kinda had a feeling. I think Cameron that picture of the Eagles first for a reason. I loved seeing all the names of every performer that played at the Forum. I wonder where that is located in the building.

I missed the scene of Bill introducing Shelli to Shelli Azoff. I did see her name in the end credits, but I think I was in the kitchen washing dishes when that scene came on.

As I was watching the episode, my mind wander to Glenn's memorial service. Did they have anything playing(different pictures of Glenn) on the screen. What everybody wore? Other than the people we saw was there, who else was there. I had all that stuff going on in my head.

I don't know when Cameron did the taping for this episode, but it definitely a feel of Glenn in that episode.

UndertheWire
08-29-2016, 01:30 PM
I can't believe I missed the photo! I was watching on a small tablet and I couldn't make out who was in the photo. I assumed it was Led Zeppelin or The Who.
The dressing rooms look really plush. Quit a step up from those sports team changing rooms that they started out in.

For those who can't get Roadies:

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t450/hairynosed/roadies1_zpswte4dec0.jpg

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t450/hairynosed/roadies2_zpskzycftzz.jpg

Brooke
08-29-2016, 04:04 PM
I wish I could have watched this. I wonder if we can get it online? Will look around.

Delilah
08-29-2016, 06:46 PM
I wish I could have watched it also. We don't have Showtime. I appreciate the posted pics, thanks.

08-29-2016, 06:59 PM
This sounds like a show I would really enjoy - apparently some of you others did too. We've had so much discussion about it, maybe it deserved its own thread.

aphcook8
08-29-2016, 08:18 PM
Hi Everyone
This is my first time creating a thread here, but did anyone watch the Season 1 finale of Roadies last night. The synopsis was a rock legend being paid tribute with a memorial at the LA Forum. I don't want to give away too much but there were many Eagles references and a few cameos by friends of the Eagles such as Shelly Azoff and Jackson Browne. I wonder if this tribute was Cameron's tribute to Glenn. If you haven't see it, please do.

sodascouts
08-29-2016, 09:30 PM
Wow - it sounds like it was. I'll have to check it out.

Roey
08-29-2016, 11:28 PM
I didn't see the 3rd episode that featured Glenn's daughter but the last episode had connections to the Eagles. You saw the eagles signature display, Don Henley was quoted, a cameo by Shelli Azoff, an exaggerated character that resembled Irving Azoff, a memorial service at the LA Forum and a few subtle inferences. Jackson Browne's appearance was a pleasant surprise as was other musical guests including Eddie Vedder. It is a quirky series (not sure how realistic) with great potential. I understand a 2nd season is uncertain. I hope it comes back and has more cameos by musicians.

Glennhoney
08-30-2016, 07:51 AM
I didn't see the 3rd episode that featured Glenn's daughter but the last episode had connections to the Eagles. You saw the eagles signature display, Don Henley was quoted, a cameo by Shelli Azoff, an exaggerated character that resembled Irving Azoff, a memorial service at the LA Forum and a few subtle inferences. Jackson Browne's appearance was a pleasant surprise as was other musical guests including Eddie Vedder. It is a quirky series (not sure how realistic) with great potential. I understand a 2nd season is uncertain. I hope it comes back and has more cameos by musicians.
i'D LOVE TO SEE IT..SOMEDAY HOPEFULLY!!

shunlvswx
08-30-2016, 08:57 AM
Can we move some of the posts from the Little Things thread to here?

UndertheWire
08-30-2016, 10:16 AM
If posts are going to be copied from other threads (which I think is a good idea but I'm not the one doing the work), there are a few others

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6549

and some from post 135 on in the Almost Famous thread:
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6549

Also posts 445 and 446 in the TV thread
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=518&page=45

And then there's the Lindsey Buckingham thread:
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68&page=33

I'd forgotten Lynyrd Skynyrd:
https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2908&page=3

buffyfan145
08-30-2016, 10:25 AM
I agree it's better that the show has it's own thread. Don't forget ep 8, which is the Lynyrd Skynyrd tribute episode, also had some things that were inspired by the Eagles too.

I've loved the show and very happy with how it turned out. :D Feels like a 10 hour film of Cameron's and I like the characters and the musical cameos. I noticed things in earlier eps but the finale really had a feel of Glenn all through it.

09-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Thanks everyone - I'll try to move some of the posts over here when I get a chance. And UTW - Thanks for the links - that'll be a big help.

UndertheWire
09-03-2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks for doing this. I went back and read from the start.

09-03-2016, 03:50 PM
You are very welcome, UTW. So - this turns out to be an interesting thread when compiled. I didn't know how seamless it would be since there are posts from so many different threads, but it doesn't appear to be too choppy.

Anyway, just an FYI, I moved most of the posts, but, in some cases, I copied the posts here, but also left them in their original threads. Enjoy!

buffyfan145
09-03-2016, 03:57 PM
Thanks Dreamer!!! :D This will help out a lot for those that haven't watched and have a place to talk about it more.

shunlvswx
09-03-2016, 09:32 PM
Cameron Crowe did just a great tribute to Lynyrd Skynyrd last night in the latest episode of his show "Roadies"!!! :D All the characters spent the whole episode on a bus ride so the Phil character (Ron White) finally told them the story of how he met Ronnie and started touring with the band and we got to see the flashbacks. It was such a great episode and the actor who played Ronnie did a great job. Some of the stories were true and they used footage from actual Skynyrd concerts, but Cameron did also write in that story of what happened with Irving and the Eagles with the drugs at the airport but made it about Phil instead. The relationship Cameron wrote about Ronnie & Phil felt so much like how he wrote Russell & William's in "Almost Famous" and we know that was based off Cameron & Glenn's real life friendship, so when Phil talked about Ronnie dying and how hard it was to lose one of his close friends & mentors it hit me that I think Cameron was also talking about Glenn and I got teary eyed. It was such a great episode. :applause:

I'm watching that episode right now. I had forgot that this was talked about. As I was watching that scene, I was like its the Eagles story that Irving told in HOTE.

buffyfan145
09-16-2016, 04:37 PM
Showtime just announced (http://www.ew.com/article/2016/09/16/roadies-canceled?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter) they cancelled "Roadies". :( Cameron released a statement too. I had a feeling it was coming since it was low rated. Still I loved it and the finale worked as a series finale with all the main storylines wrapped up.

shunlvswx
09-16-2016, 04:41 PM
That's sad, but I'm not surprised. I didn't watch 4 episodes, but I still have Taylor's episode and now its series finale. It was ok show, but it just didn't have the ratings.

HBO was also canceled this year because of ratings. Maybe the audience just don't want to watch a show surround the music business or the road.