PDA

View Full Version : Eagles BBC concert '73 DVD/CD

Jeff Cooke
12-09-2007, 02:01 AM
I just got this DVD/CD set from a guy on Musicstack which is from 1973. Is this something that is common? It's new to me and it's pretty cool! It also has two Randy Meisner tracks from his appearance on the TV show Fridays from '79 or '80.

sodascouts
12-09-2007, 12:46 PM
The Randy appearances are much rarer than the BBC documentary, but it's very cool that you've gotten the BBC show, too. I love it!

Jeff Cooke
12-09-2007, 04:14 PM
The Randy clips were "bonus tracks" probably because the video isn't "clean." If anybody doesn't have the DVD (the whole thing) I would be glad to copy it and trade it for other live video (of any Eagles period).

Freypower
12-09-2007, 06:25 PM
The BBC show is a favourite of many of us. As a Frey fan I love how at the start of it he's off to the side, not even singing harmony, before he gradually inches his way to centre stage.

Even then there was an awkward dynamic. Bernie talks about Halloween being in summer. Glenn says 'Halloween ain't the summer'. Bernie says 'Details'....

Jeff Cooke
12-09-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah, when I first started watching it I thought..WHAT THE HECK?!...this is going to suck if Glenn wasn't there. I was glad when he showed up in the second song. I noticed that interchange between Bernie & Glenn. Bernie looked almost like, "Damn it, it was my turn to talk and Glenn butted in PLUS called me on a goof-up right in front of everybody." Glenn's butt-in was funny, though.

rcknalwys
12-10-2007, 11:08 AM
Since I have a very small collection, I'd be interested in owning a copy of this one too, but I don't have anything to trade for it. Is this available in the Bootleg closet?

sodascouts
12-10-2007, 12:21 PM
Yes it is - and I promise I'll be fast this time! ;)