PDA

View Full Version : Don's Interview with Kix Brooks of Brooks & Dunn

DonFan
12-10-2007, 09:12 PM
http://www.acctop40.com/listingsentryHeadline.asp?ID=484734&PT=headlines

I just visited the official site, and they have a link to most amazing interview from Don, given when he was in Nashville for the CMAs. He is relaxed, funny, open, and entertaining. He clearly enjoyed being interviewed by a fellow artist! It is broken down into three parts, but my favorite is Part 3, where he talks about his mother, his Grammys & gold records, and his best friend Richard Bowden. Have a listen!

sodascouts
12-12-2007, 04:52 PM
OK, just listened to this - it is great! Don comes off as so light-hearted and easy-going: a good Texas boy.

Now we know why they decided to say no to the Superbowl - they don't really go for the whole television appearance thing because they can't control it. Sometimes I wish the guys weren't such control-freaks but oh well. ;)

When he says "Somebody called me Glenn 10 minutes ago... that's OK, though." LOL!!!!

The part about his mother was ADORABLE. It sounds like she was a really sweet lady. I love that she asked him if he needed money until he was in his mid-30s!! "You're not really famous until they see you on the TEE-vee." And he deliberately says TV with a thick Texas accent. I love it. Reminds me of all those years growing up in Beaumont.

Another thing I loved was Don taking the time to emphasize how important it was to agree to disagree. I think many of us can relate to that. ;)

Brooke
12-12-2007, 05:36 PM
Haha! I just got through listening to this too! What a great interview!

In the 1st part Don had just told Kix how he was from a small town of about 2300 called Linden, Texas and then that a lot of reporters didn't do their homework and got info wrong. Then just a minute later Kix asked if he was from Lubbock! :roll: Don let it slide, but geez! :lol:

Another funny part was he said the band was about to perform at A Day on the Green in the mid 70's and he thought to himself while looking out at the crowd "We must be gettin' somewhere"! :nod:

I loved the part about his Mom, too. So cute. And he said he had bought his kids ukuleles and they would all sit around and try to play together!

The whole time I'm thinking "you know, he is a really smart man!" I'm kind of in awe! :D

DonFan
12-12-2007, 05:44 PM
Those are ALL my favorite parts! I loved that Southern drawl on"tee-vee" too, and I can just picture Don and his kids all playing ukuleles togther. Plus, he talked about eating barbecue the way we do it here--dripping in spicy-sweet red barbecue sauce. Delicious!

glenneaglesfan
12-13-2007, 07:02 AM
I've just had a chance to listen to this. What a great interview, and so relaxed and positive. Don says Glenn has the memory of an elephant, but his isn't too bad either! I never knew he played drums at a Guns'n Roses gig. :shock: :D

tbsfan
12-13-2007, 10:15 AM
I've just had a chance to listen to this. What a great interview, and so relaxed and positive. Don says Glenn has the memory of an elephant, but his isn't too bad either! I never knew he played drums at a Guns'n Roses gig. :shock: :D
It was just one song at the American Music Awards a long time ago - I think it may have been sometime around EOTI since Axl Rose sang on I Will Not Go Quietly from that album. I remember watching the performance on the AMA broadcast that year but can't remember what song he played with them.

DonFan
12-13-2007, 10:27 AM
They played "Patience."

glenneaglesfan
12-14-2007, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the info, tbsfan and Donfan! I'd forgotten about Axl Rose on I Will Not Go Quietly.

katherine5832
12-15-2007, 12:48 AM
I just listened to that interview a few days ago too and really enjoyed it. I always hear about how serious (at best) and humorless (at worst) he is, but I found him to be very engaging and relaxed in this interview. For a more serious, but still very good, interview with Charlie Rose you can find it on youtube using Don Henley Charlie Rose as keywords.

And if you're looking for his performance with Guns 'n Roses it's on youtube too. Keywords: Don Henley Guns Roses

I would have included the URLs, but as this is my first post, I can't include URLs yet. Really, guys, you can trust me! :D

Sorry if that info has been given in another post. I just joined tonight so I haven't had a chance to check out some of the other sites. It's good to be among other Henley/Eagles fans!

Maleah
12-15-2007, 03:15 AM
Ooo I'll have to look those up! Thanks for the info Katherine! And welcome to the board!!!!!!! ALWAYS good to have another diehard fan joining us! :D

sodascouts
12-15-2007, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the heads-up, Katherine! I Ioooooove YouTube!

DonFan
12-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks, Katherine, and welcome to the board!
Love your av, too! 8)