PDA

View Full Version : Live stream tonight Americana Awards

LuvTim
09-21-2016, 06:47 PM
We're supposed to be getting a live stream of the award presentations tonight at 6:30CT at musiccityroots.com/npr/

They're down for now but they're supposed to be coming back at 6:30 .

They've started. 6:30CT

Update: 8:23, still waiting for TBS to appear.

8:40--He's on!
Presented Song of the Year Award to Jason Isbell.
9:50 He's back for the finale!! :inlove:

sodascouts
09-22-2016, 02:57 AM
I thought he was on the 22nd! Oh my gosh, I missed it!

LuvTim
09-22-2016, 11:06 AM
There appears to be another livestreaming tonight, which means that there were 2 events to keep up with, not just the one. So that could be the basis for any confusion. They could have made things are little bit clearer for us, maybe.

Everyone check the Web page just to make sure, but it looks to me like they will livestream a performance event this evening with TBS billed to appear. Last night was the awards portion and tonight is reserved for performances, and is called AmericanaFest Showcase show.

Enjoy!!

shunlvswx
09-22-2016, 11:55 AM
I think this is the same awards show that Don was at last year. I know they gave out awards and have performance the same night.

LuvTim
09-22-2016, 12:04 PM
I believe you're right, shun. I think it is the same event that Don attended last year. And they did have performances last night during the awards show; but, in addition, I think they're doing more tonight.

TBS should get the opportunity to perform tonight and, after reading the promotional information and blog at the website, I expect he'll do something from his new album as a preview for us all.

MaryCalifornia
09-22-2016, 12:07 PM
OK, thank you LT for keeping us updated. I do remember from the promotional materials that it was a little muddied as to a couple of events. Timothy's Facebook is updating. Looks like he was on the radio this morning, but I already missed it?

LuvTim
09-22-2016, 12:16 PM
Rats. I think you're right on both counts, Counselor- he was on and we missed it. Rats. Rats. Rats.

Well, I won't miss out tonight if I can help it. I hope no one else will, either.

It might be a good idea to keep an eye on his Facebook feed as the day goes on. He might mention tonight's event.

shunlvswx
09-22-2016, 12:29 PM
I remembered when Don did the Americana Awards last year and I was watching while at church. LOL Shame on me. But luckily Don was the second person and first award of the night. I didn't have to watch the whole thing. Thank goodness.

Looking at the bottom of the page at upcoming events, it says its Music City Roots that will be stream live Franklin. So I'm guessing those are two different shows.

Brooke
09-22-2016, 02:17 PM
Making myself note to try to catch this this evening!

MaryCalifornia
09-26-2016, 11:30 AM
I saw a clip of the end of "Keep on Tryin" on Instagram and his voice sounds amazing!!

does this link work?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKtCmGNBAix/?taken-by=belindahungate

Credit Belinda Hungate

I get a sense he is reclaiming his own musical identity, moreso than he was able to on Expando while he was still an Eagle and conscious of the fact that he was an Eagle on a solo tour. Now he's just Timothy. His mindset must be so different. I can see a difference in the way he is performing. Am I reading too much into this? :rofl:

LuvTim
09-26-2016, 12:02 PM
Keep On Trying. Just lovely. :inlove:

MC, I don't believe you are reading too much into it. He does seem very "comfortable in his own skin" lately: your remarks about Timothy really claiming his own musical identity ring true with me, as well. I do think that there was a kind of responsibility to the band, and all that went with it, that has been lessened, somewhat, at this point in time, although I think Timothy will always strive to represent the Eagles well. I think he will always be an Eagle in his heart-- after almost 40 years together, how can he not feel that way? But professionally, I suppose that, now, yes, he's "just Timothy" and he does that so well.

You can usually go to the archive at the Roots Factory webpage and see shows in their entirety. He has an interview in last Thursday's show in addition to the performance set.

ETA: Last week's shows have not yet been archived. None of the September shows are yet posted. We'll need to keep checking on that.

Freypower
09-26-2016, 06:48 PM
It worked for me.

I don't know nearly as much about Tim's performing style as some of you but he does seem like 'his own man' here. Good for him.