PDA

View Full Version : Long Road certified TRIPLE PLATINUM!!!!

timfan
12-13-2007, 06:58 PM
I just found this....

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071212005937&newsLang=en

Way to go guys!! :D :D

Glennsallnighter
12-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Yes, I saw that in the 'Eagles Appearances' thread when I went into the link provided. Isn't it fantastic. And to think some people had them written off shortly after HFO, never believing they would fly again. They are not called 'Eagles' for nothing.

Well done lads.

Freypower
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
I've got this lump in my throat....

Congratulations to Glenn, Don, Joe, Timothy, and yes, you too, Irving 8) for a magnificent achievement.

:grooving: :guitar: :drummer: :cheers:

sodascouts
12-13-2007, 10:19 PM
WOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DonFan
12-14-2007, 01:09 AM
:yay: :thumbsup: :yay: :thumbsup:

Mrs Frey
12-14-2007, 11:11 AM
When I read this announcement this morning, I wasted no time in announcing it to all my colleagues here in our open-plan office! :D One of them said that from what she's heard me play, the album sounds "very nice". I reckon I'm doing my job of Eagles promotion very well... :wink:

Congratulations to the boys!!! I am so proud to be an Eagles fan. :cheers: :yay: :applause: :bow:

glenneaglesfan
12-14-2007, 11:48 AM
Whoo Hoo!!!

Congratulations to the Eagles (and Irving). You guys rock!!! :D :cheers:

It looks as though that Walmart deal was a good marketing move after all!

Brooke
12-14-2007, 04:17 PM
:yay: Way to go guys! We knew you could do it if you just would! Congrats! :partytime:

Freypower
12-14-2007, 06:32 PM
WOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off topic but I finally found out the origin of 'woot' which has been baffling me for a long time. Apparently it's the gamer's equivalent of 'yay' which I sometimes use myself and can be spelt 'w00t'. I'd never heard of it. :blush:

So W00t to the Eagles. :wink:

sodascouts
12-14-2007, 07:57 PM
WOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Off topic but I finally found out the origin of 'woot' which has been baffling me for a long time. Apparently it's the gamer's equivalent of 'yay' which I sometimes use myself and can be spelt 'w00t'. I'd never heard of it. :blush:

Well, gamers use it but it is also used by other elements of society. I am not a gamer and I don't use l33t speak. It was my understanding that the origin was an abbreviation of "We Own the Other Team" and is used as a cheer. "Yay! Our favorite band rules! WOOT!" ;)

However, I did get started using the term thanks to younger friends (about ten years younger, actually) - so maybe I just got sucked into using gamer l33t speak without knowing it!

Jeff Cooke
12-15-2007, 12:15 AM
I'm not surprised because the Eagles deserve it but I am surprised that there are still people out there with taste. Proves that the world is starving for good music again!

Maleah
12-15-2007, 03:10 AM
WOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad you researched it and posted FP because I didn't know what it meant either! :blush:

Molly
12-15-2007, 10:36 AM
WOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, gamers use it but it is also used by other elements of society. I am not a gamer and I don't use l33t speak. It was my understanding that the origin was an abbreviation of "We Own the Other Team" and is used as a cheer. "Yay! Our favorite band rules! WOOT!" ;)

However, I did get started using the term thanks to younger friends (about ten years younger, actually) - so maybe I just got sucked into using gamer l33t speak without knowing it!

I recently saw a news story saying "W00T!" is the "2007 new word of the year" according to the Webster Dictionary people. When I heard that, I immediately thought of you, Nancy!

sodascouts
12-15-2007, 11:38 AM
I recently saw a news story saying "W00T!" is the "2007 new word of the year" according to the Webster Dictionary people. When I heard that, I immediately thought of you, Nancy!

lol! I'm honored! ;)

Brooke
12-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I had no clue what it meant either, but assumed "yay"! :blush:

Thanks! I tell you, I learn something new here everyday! :lol:

Ive always been a dreamer
12-15-2007, 04:28 PM
:cheers: TO THE EAGLES!!!!!

:blueblob: :applause: :rockon: :partytime: :yay:
I, too, am so proud to be a fan of this band. IMHO, they are simply the best! :nod: :iloveyou:

EasyFeeling
12-16-2007, 08:46 AM
I had no clue what it meant either, but assumed "yay"! :blush:

Thanks! I tell you, I learn something new here everyday! :lol:

Me too. :blush: I thought all of you know what it means and that I'm the only one here who has no clue. Good to know I was wrong. :twisted:

tbs fanatic
12-20-2007, 11:25 AM
WOOHOO! That is fantastic news. I've been playing the CD all morning - ah yes, it's a great morning.

Freypower
12-26-2007, 06:22 PM
Here is Undercover's latest on the remarkable sales figures. Also note the continued phemonenal success of Farewell One down here.

http://undercover.com.au/News-Story.aspx?id=3696

I think the comment about it selling 35000 in a WEEK (the US equivalent is 500000) is amazing.

glenneaglesfan
12-27-2007, 06:59 AM
That's fantastic news, Fp. You Australians definitely need to be considered for a tour again soon.

sodascouts
12-29-2007, 01:06 AM
Thanks for posting that. It seems that if the Eagles tour "down unda" they will definitely not have trouble selling tickets! lol