PDA

View Full Version : Joe will be a guest on the Conan Show Monday, September 26th

AlreadyGone95
09-25-2016, 10:09 AM
Joe is being very active right now.
http://teamcoco.com/schedule

The show airs on TBS at 11/10c, for those who don't know.

LuvTim
09-25-2016, 02:31 PM
Joe is being very active right now.
http://teamcoco.com/schedule

The show airs on TBS at 11/10c, for those who don't know.

Very cool! Joe is always fun! :-D

buffyfan145
09-25-2016, 04:33 PM
Can't wait to watch!!! :D Conan is one of my fav late night hosts.

UndertheWire
09-27-2016, 08:38 AM
Some clips from the show:
http://teamcoco.com/video/joe-walsh-john-belushi-trashed-hotel?playlist=featured-videos

GlennLover
09-27-2016, 10:05 AM
Joe looks & sounds great. He had me laughing out loud.

buffyfan145
09-27-2016, 10:30 AM
Loved the interview and performance!!! :D That was just fantastic and so funny.

East Texas Girl
09-27-2016, 12:29 PM
Joe said the elephants at the Portland Zoo started dancing during sound check of Funk49. Even animals dig Joe Walsh! Loved it!!

Delilah
09-27-2016, 03:13 PM
"Am I a guest or is this a deposition?" I love it! Thanks for the link,UTW.

WalshGirl
09-28-2016, 12:55 AM
Great interview and performance! And, after his extensive concert tour, I was surprised how great he looked. Wow! Hope I have that much energy at 68! :)

I also loved his quote about the elephants! 8)

LuvTim
09-28-2016, 01:00 AM
Joe really looks great! So funny and entertaining, as usual. Love ya, Joe. :-D

sodascouts
10-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Just watched this and I was actually a bit disappointed by everything except the Citizen Soldier part. First, Conan professes to be a big fan, then goes on to say he likes how all of Joe's songs are so funny. Most of Joe's best work deals with serious themes. A big fan would know that. Thumbs down, Conan.

Also, the questions about hotel room destruction....So tired of that.

To add insult to injury, they cut off his performance midway through!

I agree the elephant story was cute, though, and Joe looked and sounded fantastic.

WalshGirl
10-10-2016, 11:56 AM
First, Conan professes to be a big fan, then goes on to say he likes how all of Joe's songs are so funny....

Also, the questions about hotel room destruction....So tired of that.

I liked the interview, but I agree with its shallowness. I guess I'm just used to this being the standard for Joe's interviews. And Joe is witty and funny naturally so the humorous interviewer style is an easy (perhaps lazy) one to adopt.

But Joe is capable of thoughtful conversation....

I don't know if the problem is Joe's persona as a joker, which he still cultivates, or if people just aren't interested in talking to him in a serious manner.

Outside of the late night show genre, however, Joe's given serious interviews on a variety of topics. Joe's more recent interviews to musician groups, for example, are quite thoughtful and are published on YouTube. But his best interviewers are probably the ones for publications like The Rolling Stones. Even the guitar magazine interviews are often interesting.

That said, Joe is also a private person--perhaps more so than most artists. Several authors have commented on this, and it's possible that Joe uses humor to connect with people while maintaining his privacy.

sodascouts
10-14-2016, 11:23 AM
I agree. I think Joe himself even admitted at some point that he uses humor as a way to protect himself.

I just took issue with Conan acting like Joe was a glorified Weird Al Yankovic.

Joe was serious when Conan gave him a chance to be, talking about Citizen Soldier.

WalshGirl
10-15-2016, 05:38 PM
I just took issues with Conan acting like Joe was a glorified Weird Al Yankovic.

So true! :)