PDA

View Full Version : Brainy Quotes for Glenn

Glennsallnighter
12-17-2007, 06:21 AM
I know we have many of Glenn :heart: 's quotes already on 'Quotable Frey', so apologies if I put any up again. But after DF visited 'brainyquote.com' and got those great Don quotes (Thanks DF) I just had to see what was available for Glenn :heart:. So here they are. As I say some meay already be familiar, but hopefully there's a few new ones in the mix.

Except for a few guitar chords, everything I've learned in my life that is of any value I've learned from women.
Glenn Frey

Hey, a woman changed her mind - what else is new?
Glenn Frey

Hey, I didn't make a big deal out of Hotel California. The 18 million people that bought it did.
Glenn Frey

I read the Life magazine articles about free love and free dope in California. At age 20 I drove to Los Angeles.
Glenn Frey

I think it would be nice to sell 15 million albums as a solo artist. I'd have to deal with all the repercussions of that, but that wouldn't be too bad.
Glenn Frey

I think musicians and artists are the most philanthropic people I know. Their charity record of the music business would hold up to the work of anybody.
Glenn Frey

I won't apologize for ticket prices. I think we're well worth it. We consider ourselves in the elite touring acts, like the Stones, Elton John, Paul McCartney.
Glenn Frey

I'm just a bleeping maniac in straight clothing. There's no reason to dress my monster up.
Glenn Frey

I'm just as insufferable and useless as every other dad is. The dynamic never changes, no matter what you do for a living.
Glenn Frey

I've read somewhere that when you're writing, you should stop while you're doing well so you always want to go back to work.
Glenn Frey

If the Eagles were to get back together, it would have to be for the right reasons. I think it would look awful if it were just for the money.
Glenn Frey

If you get a chance to be in a film, that's great. One of my goals is to make a record as good as Don Henley's album, Building the Perfect Beast.
Glenn Frey

It seems when I put together records, as Henley used to say, they're just like movies. They should have action, tension, love scenes, places to relax.
Glenn Frey

It was 1967, and the hippie thing was happening. I got into experimenting with drugs while I was in college in Michigan.
Glenn Frey

My songs grow on people - like warts.
Glenn Frey

Nobody told Don Henley or me that we were going to make it as solo artists, but I can speak for Don when I say that we are both really happy now that the band is not together.
Glenn Frey

Some people, they just don't get a joke.
Glenn Frey

Somebody asked my friend Bob Seger, Why do you think the Eagles broke up? He said, Hotel California.
Glenn Frey

That's what I miss out of all this synthesized music - it starts to lose dynamics.
Glenn Frey

The last two years with the Eagles were pretty intense times. There was a lot of drinking and we were all getting high a lot. My parents were relieved when I got off the Eagles treadmill.
Glenn Frey

There are only those certain people where things click - at least for me.
Glenn Frey

Without a reunion, the Eagles are forever young, like James Dean.
Glenn Frey

Hope you liked them

glenneaglesfan
12-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Those are great, GA! Thanks for posting them. I have seen some of them before on GFO, but I don't remember them all.

I think this is so funny!

I'm just a bleeping maniac in straight clothing. There's no reason to dress my monster up.

Freypower
12-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I wish I could tell him how right he is about his songs being like movies with different 'scenes'. That is certainly true for all his solo albums, particularly Strange Weather, and it's also true for LROOE.

Mrs Frey
12-19-2007, 07:57 AM
Mmmm, nice selections, GA. I don't always get a chance to browse everything on this site that I'd like to, but when I did get a chance in the past, I enjoyed reading Glenn's :heart: quotes. He's so sharp and intelligent, and he has a great sense of humour. I think, if I were in his company, I'd generally just keep quiet and listen! :blush:

This one is my favourite:

"I won't apologize for ticket prices. I think we're well worth it. We consider ourselves in the elite touring acts, like the Stones, Elton John, Paul McCartney."

Well, I reckon if no one else is going to say it, he might as well do it himself! :wink: And I agree with him!

I love this one:

"I'm just as insufferable and useless as every other dad is. The dynamic never changes, no matter what you do for a living." :lol:

And isn't this sweet:

"If you get a chance to be in a film, that's great. One of my goals is to make a record as good as Don Henley's album, Building the Perfect Beast."

sodascouts
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
Glenn has always readily and liberally praised Don's solo efforts. He obviously respects him quite a bit! I think that's great that even back in the eighties, Glenn never trash-talked or anything like that.

Mrs Frey
12-21-2007, 11:14 AM
I've noticed that, Soda. He did the same when he was interviewed by Bob Costas back in 1992, while he was promoting his "Strange Weather" album. I also love the way he introduces "Desperado" in the "Live In Dublin" concert: "This is the first song I wrote with my friend Don Henley". Awww...

DonFan
12-21-2007, 07:21 PM
They really do speak highly of each other. On the video press kit for Inside Job, Don gives many long interviews and in one he praises Glenn's "excellent work ethic;" and on the MTV Unplugged video he introduces "Desperado" as the song he wrote with his "good friend Glenn Frey."

Mrs Frey
12-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Awww, that's nice, DF.

By the way, have I told you how much I like your new signature? :smitten: