PDA

View Full Version : My Grandmother has died.

travlnman2
11-10-2016, 12:09 AM
My Grandmother just died. She was the last one I had and tommorow is the second anniversery of my others deatj. I feel like a horible Grandson she was in the Hospital for a couple of weeks with Heart issues. I saw her for the last time on Saturday. I did not want to go but I did. I was arguing with my prents about it. I still went and had a conversation with her I was the last Grandchild she saw. My cousin lives in Seattle and his brother is in college. My sister is in collegeI had no idea she would die. I am really distraught right now, I cant stop crying.

WalshFan88
11-10-2016, 01:49 AM
Your story makes me tear up, TM....

Some people, including us, forget how precious life is and though we may feel we don't want to go see a loved one, or we get annoyed about having to reply o to their text/email or call them as seemingly we think we have better things to do, it isn't until something tragic happens that we realize we have nothing better to do than love those who love us and love our family and remind them you love them and care. Sure it can be depressing seeing elderly people in a bad way, especially those with dementia. Not only is it the right thing to do, it will make you feel better.

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I can't state how happy I am that you did go and see her regardless if you wanted to at the time. At least you wont be filled with regret like some people do. I've been there myself. And I won't do it again. Sometimes family and loved ones piss us off, annoy us with messages and calls, and feel like a burden. But until you live with a palpable amount of regret do you realize you had nothing better to do and that you should never take them for granted, ever. Family comes first.

RudieCantFail
11-10-2016, 05:43 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, TM2.

Although you may beat yourself up for not wanting to visit your grandma, the fact that you did is more important. She was more than glad that she got to see you before she passed. I don't want to tell you to not feel bad, since I think that's part of the healing process. Just don't let it haunt you forever. We're usually filled with some regrets after a loved one has passed, but they eventually go away. As long as you keep her in your heart and memory, she won't truly be gone forever.

UndertheWire
11-10-2016, 07:07 AM
Tm, I'm sorry for your sad news but it's good that you saw her than last time. Don't feel bad about your reluctance. It's part of being young and thinking there will always be another time. What matters is that you did visit and were able to have that last conversation with her. I'm sure that knowing she has family who love her made her last few days easier.

Glennsallnighter
11-10-2016, 08:15 AM
So sorry for your bad news TM. How nice it was that you DID go to see her at the weekend. Its a decision you won't regret ad it will be a comfort to you. Last grandparent passing marks the end of an era for your family. Support each other as best you can.

Brooke
11-10-2016, 10:25 AM
Tm, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

buffyfan145
11-10-2016, 11:07 AM
I'm so sorry TM and sending thoughts and prayers for you. It is good that you did get to see her and she got to see you before she passed. I'm so greateful I got to see my Grandpa before he passed away in 2015. He actually was pretty lucid which he hadn't been for awhile and we got to talk for a bit like we used to and he got me to go back to college again, which I should hopefully finally graduate in later next year or early 2018. I'm so glad that happened and it made me feel somewhat better of what was coming and he was ready to go as he was sick for so long.

LuvTim
11-10-2016, 12:10 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. Good for you that you visited with her in the hospital. That was a comfort to her, I'm sure.

travlnman2
11-10-2016, 12:41 PM
Thank you everyone. I apperciate it alot

maryc2130
11-10-2016, 12:49 PM
So sorry about your grandmother. I'm glad that you got to see her one last time.

travlnman2
11-10-2016, 01:25 PM
My Grandparents were married for 60 years. My mother said her heart just gave out. She was in the hospital for a little bit this month. She was diabetic and needed to undergo surgery on her toe to reatoee bloodflow. She was also a smoker and drank alittle to. I am smiling right now knowing she always had a favoeite drink. Vodka Martini absolute, bone dry and with a lemon twist. That was her favorite

My mom was at the hospital last night with her and she was sitting on the bed and said that she was feeling pain in her back and her chest. The doctor performed a scan on her heart and saw blockage so the did local anesthesia disorenting her to try restore flow and put her on oxyegen then her heart just gave out. But she was very unhappy. She did not want to be in the hospital and was stubborn with the doctors. If I focus my mind on something else I feel better but then I start talking about and writing ablut it.

travlnman2
11-10-2016, 01:27 PM
So sorry for your bad news TM. How nice it was that you DID go to see her at the weekend. Its a decision you won't regret ad it will be a comfort to you. Last grandparent passing marks the end of an era for your family. Support each other as best you can.

Both my grandfathers are still alive. Her husband is goong through Cancer treatment right now. But he is tolerating the chemo very very well.

Jonny Come Lately
11-10-2016, 02:50 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, travlnman. I know how you feel because my maternal grandmother passed away a couple of months ago. She had been in a care home for several years, but as summer was drawing to a close it unfortunately became clear that it would be her last. She was my last surviving grandparent - I never knew my paternal grandparents, who died before I was born, and I was less than eighteen months old when my grandfather passed on.

It was great that you saw her while there was still time. It was a bit like that for me too, because I went in to see her two days before her passing. I knew there probably wouldn't be another chance and also from past experience that sometimes there just isn't a 'next time'. :sad: But I think she was at peace when she slipped away and we had a beautiful funeral service for her.

travlnman2
11-10-2016, 03:30 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your grandmother's passing, travlnman. I know how you feel because my maternal grandmother passed away a couple of months ago. She had been in a care home for several years, but as summer was drawing to a close it unfortunately became clear that it would be her last. She was my last surviving grandparent - I never knew my paternal grandparents, who died before I was born, and I was less than eighteen months old when my grandfather passed on.

It was great that you saw her while there was still time. It was a bit like that for me too, because I went in to see her two days before her passing. I knew there probably wouldn't be another chance and also from past experience that sometimes there just isn't a 'next time'. :sad: But I think she was at peace when she slipped away and we had a beautiful funeral service for her.

She is very happy now. She has all the Vodka Martinis she can drink. We are going to have a private service. No official viewing. We are going to have her cremated and buried in the same cemetery has my dad's mother.

GlennLover
11-10-2016, 07:00 PM
My condolences to you, tm2. I will keep you in my prayers.

Delilah
11-10-2016, 09:25 PM
You and your family have my deepest sympathy, Travlman. How fortunate you got to see her when you did.

Witchy Woman
11-11-2016, 12:54 AM
I'm so sorry to hear of your Grandmother's passing. My best wishes to you and your family.

Annoying Twit
11-11-2016, 03:30 AM
Sorry to hear about your Grandmother. May I extend my sympathies to you and your family.

AlreadyGone95
11-11-2016, 10:12 AM
Sorry for the loss of your grandmother, TM. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

DJ
11-11-2016, 02:32 PM
My sympathies to your and your family. Blessings.