PDA

View Full Version : If Randy Could Have Joined the HOTE tour...

Delilah
11-19-2016, 09:37 PM
I wonder what songs would have been added to the set list.

Tryin' --surely, given that it was a staple performance during the early years and was used to show their rock cred. But I don't know how realistic this is; they may have had to tone it down, unless the backup musicians were used.

Certain Kind of Fool - maybe, I think Glenn would have enjoyed playing his guitar solo for old times' sake and it's part of the Desperado storyline.

Midnight Flyer - Joe would probably have come out for the slide guitar part

Too Many Hands - ???

Any other ideas, thoughts?

travlnman2
11-19-2016, 09:49 PM
I think If Randy did Accept to be on the HOTE tour and was healthy it would cause a great conteoversy because there would have been 6 Eagles and I dont think that would have been very pretty to see.

On Topic

Try and Love Again.

Delilah
11-19-2016, 10:09 PM
I guess I was thinking about the beginning of the concert when the original 3 performed TLHTM. Randy could have been on stage then and they could have played more of their old stuff.

And Randy being there could have happened, had he not had the unfortunate choking incident. Bernie's presence didn't cause controversy so why would Randy's?

TALA would have been a nice, surprising addition.

thelastresort
11-19-2016, 10:21 PM
I'd have settled for Take the Devil and Midnight Flyer. The latter is I believe Randy's best lead vocal and it would have been fairly easy to do with the basic set-up; the latter would have bulked out the neglected OTB section and given Bernie a proper run on the banjo.

Delilah
11-19-2016, 10:57 PM
That's a good point, lastresort. I checked the set list and only 2 songs from OTB were played vs. 4 from Desperado.

thelastresort
11-20-2016, 08:22 AM
That's a good point, lastresort. I checked the set list and only 2 songs from OTB were played vs. 4 from Desperado.

5 ;) I'm more than happy with the over contribution from Desperado mind!

travlnman2
11-20-2016, 11:20 AM
I guess I was thinking about the beginning of the concert when the original 3 performed TLHTM. Randy could have been on stage then and they could have played more of their old stuff.

And Randy being there could have happened, had he not had the unfortunate choking incident. Bernie's presence didn't cause controversy so why would Randy's?

TALA would have been a nice, surprising addition.

I am talking about the Controversy ;)

I would love to have seen Randy play some bass with the Eagles again

UndertheWire
11-20-2016, 11:48 AM
I think he would have been greated with delight and no controversy. It would have been a reuniting of the original band.

As for what he would have sung, I think that would have depended on how his voice was holding up. I suspect it would have been Take it to the Kimit in a lower key.

thelastresort
11-20-2016, 04:56 PM
Indeed utw, I think both Bernie and Randy would have been fairly easy and amicable reunions for Glenn and Don H. (I'm presuming TBS and Joe would never have had any problems with them to reconcile!), the way Bernie especially left the band is quite tame compared to how Don F. left...

NightMistBlue
11-21-2016, 03:41 PM
And Randy being there could have happened, had he not had the unfortunate choking incident.

I'm not sure of that. He's had a number of health issues over the years, which led to his retirement from performing in 2008. I wish he could have been on HOTE, that would have been great.

But I also think having to speak to the audience would have been nerve-wracking for him.

WalshFan88
11-23-2016, 10:12 PM
I think he would have absolutely been asked if he was capable of doing so. It's Felder they pretty much said no way to.

Randy would have been an excellent addition to the tour if he could have done it, would have loved to see him sing and/or play live.

shunlvswx
11-23-2016, 10:35 PM
I wish Randy was well enough to be part of the tour. It would had been a long and great reunion of the original members. And now looking back, it would had been the last time.

I think Joe and Timothy would had welcomed Randy and Bernie with open arms. Timothy finally got to play with Bernie and Joe finally got to play with him too. It would had been a reunion for Joe with Randy and I think Timothy has been on stage with Randy after he left the band. So he would had been happy to be right next to his predecessor.

Victim of Love
11-24-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure of that. He's had a number of health issues over the years, which led to his retirement from performing in 2008. I wish he could have been on HOTE, that would have been great.

But I also think having to speak to the audience would have been nerve-wracking for him.

I would have been thrilled to see Randy on the tour even if all he did was play and not step up to the microphone for a solo/lead vocal, maybe just a few words. And I think his inclusion would have been well-received by the other guys.

NightMistBlue
11-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Yes, I agree, even if he didn't speak but could just "sit in" with the band for one or two songs like he had asked to do for their Millennium shows in L.A., but they turned him down.
It's a major regret for me that I never got to see Randy perform live.