PDA

View Full Version : Larges Song's names

thelongrun
12-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Some are really Outta here! Remember some?
I'll start, Bellamy Bros.:

If I said you have a beautiful body Would you hold it against me....

Uff!! 8)

Ive always been a dreamer
12-22-2007, 01:53 AM
TLR - I'm a little confused about what you are asking here. Are you wanting us to cite long song titles i.e. All She Wants To Do Is Dance?

sodascouts
12-22-2007, 12:14 PM
I think I Don't Want to Hear Any More is pretty long, too! In fact, several of the songs on Long Road Out of Eden have long titles of six words or more. What Do I Do with My Heart, I Love to Watch a Woman Dance, I Dreamed There Was No War, No More Walks in the Wood, and Frail Grasp on the Big Picture.

Freypower
12-23-2007, 07:15 PM
The Beatles, as always, led the field here with such titles as:

Being For The Benefit Of Mr Kite

Then there's Dylan:

Stuck Inside Of Mobile (With The Memphis Blues Again) - parentheses count.

There was a country song in the 70s called Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song.

And don't forget They're Not Here, They're Not Coming and He Took Advantage (Blues For Ronald Reagan).

You Took The Worlds Right Out Of My Mouth (Hot Summer Night) - yes, that is its FULL title.

Molly
12-23-2007, 09:07 PM
How about:

"That's the Night That the Lights Went Out In Georgia" and "Mama's, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys"

and then there's the Holiday favorite: "Grandma Got Run Over By a Reindeer".

thelongrun
12-23-2007, 09:40 PM
TLR - I'm a little confused about what you are asking here. Are you wanting us to cite long song titles i.e. All She Wants To Do Is Dance?

Yes Dreamer (sorry I wasn't around) 8)

Freypower
12-26-2007, 05:31 PM
I happened to look at some of Meatloaf's other song titles and you could cite quite a few of them - I'd Do Anything For Love (But I Won't Do That) being a classic example.

Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car is a good one. As is Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Bikini & now I think I'm starting to sound somewhat anally retentive. :blush:

thelongrun
12-26-2007, 06:18 PM
I remembered 2 Henley's related,

What's a Sweetheart Like You Doing in a Place Like This?

Aaaaannnddd the Winner!

Simple Little Down Home Rock and Roll Love Song For Rosie

Freypower
12-26-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah - good one TLR. :D

The title of the previous song you mentioned is actually Sweetheart Like You. It frankly is not one of Bob Dylan's greatest songs.