PDA

View Full Version : Randy Meisner Re-Release Dec-2nd-2016

Funk 50
12-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Completely out of the blue I checked a list of forthcoming CD releases and found Randy's name on the list. He has a, two LPs on one CD, re-release due out tomorrow.

One More Song/Randy Meisner album for sale by Randy Meisner is scheduled to be released Dec 02, 2016 on the Bgo - Beat Goes On label

The information on the page says it's a digitally remastered single disc, originally released in 2007 (Long Road Out Of Eden cash in?).

I'm guessing Randy wont be doing any promotion and it's not a sign that he's back in business :shrug:
There's some good stuff on it though, my favourites are Gotta Get Away, Playin' In The Deep End and the song, Elton John wrote for him, Strangers. ;-)

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=10516960

1 Hearts On Fire
2 Gotta Get Away
3 Come On Back To Me
4 Deep Inside My Heart
5 I Need You Bad
6 One More Song
7 Trouble Ahead
8 White Shoes
9 Anyway Bye Bye
10 Never Been in Love
11 Darkness Of The Heart
12 Jealousy
13 Tonight
14 Playin' in the Deep End
15 Strangers
16 Still Runnin'
17 Nothing Is Said ('Til the Artist Is Dead)
18 Doin' It For Delilah

NightMistBlue
12-01-2016, 02:31 PM
God bless you, Funk. We wouldn't have known if you didn't come across this and share so many thanks to you, gov'ner.

Signs of life, dare I hope?

EDIT: oh jaysus, there's always a mystery where Mr. Meisner is concerned. The record label - BGO (Beat Goes On) Records - web site says there are no new releases for December 2016, and the only Randy-related thing in their catalogue is the Poco "Legacy" album from 1989. No mention of the Meis on their Facebook page either.

NightMistBlue
12-02-2016, 09:51 AM
I contacted the record company BGO who replied that "this release has been delayed indefinitely." :sad:

Funk 50
12-02-2016, 07:02 PM
Well that's rotten news NightMistBlue :sad:. I'll be on constant look out for it though. One or two copies may have slipped out unnoticed. Many thanks for the thanks ;)

UndertheWire
12-03-2016, 11:33 AM
I bought a similar CD a few months ago. It was One More Song and Randy Meisner on one CD, copyright 2010 Sony Music issued under licence to Floating World Ltd.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/One-More-Song-Randy-Meisner/dp/B0043A0UX0/

NightMistBlue
12-03-2016, 12:27 PM
I checked my copy and it was issued by a UK licensee of Sony/BMG called Evangeline. Something called Acadia was also involved, perhaps in the actual CD manufacturing. Couldn't find a date or anything.
I really know nothing about this corner of the music biz.
I wonder why the huge record companies would license out their reissues.

Delilah
12-03-2016, 12:40 PM
The LP that Funk50 linked to looks just like one being sold on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Randy-Meisner-One-More-Song-Randy-Meisner-CD-ALBUM-NEW-MINT-18TH-NOVEMBER-/291946562430?hash=item43f95f037e:g:~zIAAOSwNRdYB28 p

It's described as "digitally remastered" but there's no other information about how or what source. I'm inclined to believe it's simply a reissue from the same double LP from before. That's unfortunate b/c there are sound problems with the s/t LP, probably due to being sourced from the 2003 Wounded Bird cd. Even the iTunes downloads seem to come from that. That's why I've been on the hunt for the original early 90s cd, but of course, those are rare.

Funk 50
12-06-2016, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the links guys. There are question marks about the remastering but I think I'll take a punt with the eBay CD. Thanks to UndertheWire's info, I did find this: http://lekdong.xyz/randy-meisner-one-more-song-1980-randy-meisner-1982-2007-remastered-reissue/

Scans included! but they say original LPs rather than Remasters. I have some Meisner CDs, I'll have to check their origins. I'm happy to part with them.

Delilah
12-07-2016, 11:29 AM
Scans included! but they say original LPs rather than Remasters. I have some Meisner CDs, I'll have to check their origins. I'm happy to part with them.

Keep us posted!

NightMistBlue
12-07-2016, 11:30 AM
I don't think remastering was mentioned anywhere. Don't set yourself up for disappointment, Funk!

I can report that my CD copy has a not-unpleasant analogue sound, i.e. it sounds as if someone recorded the vinyl LP on a very good stereo system. There are no clicks or pops.