PDA

View Full Version : Lindsey Buckingham

Pages : [1] 2 3

sodascouts
10-30-2006, 12:34 PM
Well, I've had a pretty busy past week or so! It all started the Friday before last, when two of my friends came in - one from Mississippi, one from Chicago - to join me on my trip. Our first stop was Cincinnati, where we met up with Bree from this board. We had fourth row center, behind the pit. It was a great show and I was delighted when he threw in Bwana, a song he hadn't played live since 1981, at the request of a girl in the front. His guitarwork was flawless and I think his vocals are even more powerful live than they are on his new album, Under the Skin, where sometimes the vocals come off as amateurish (sorry Lindsey!) Also, the audience was fabulous - completely full of energy -which always makes the experience better.

After the show, we waited outside the venue hoping he would come out and sign autographs. Sure enough, he did! I got my Under the Skin CD signed, Bree got to tell him she was from Canada, and my other two friends were able to get some words in, too. We were thrilled!

Here's a photo of us outside the venue in Cincy:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/lbtour2006/CincyAfterSmall.jpg

Next stop - Detroit - or Mt. Clemens, to be exact. This was general admission - first come, first serve. We were determined to be there as early as possible. We all drove from Cincy, but the weather was wretched - cold, rainy, miserable. It was also the day of the World Series game in Detroit, but luckily we didn't hit too much traffic. After finding our hotel with great difficulty - apparently the only hotel in Mt. Clemens - we headed over to the venue, the Emerald Theater. We got there about 4:00 and were behind 12 or so people - not too bad, except we only had thin coats and the wind and rain were pummelling us. We huddled in the alcove of a barber shop near us in line, made friends with a few people around us and chit chatted, and tried to ignore the fact that we were freezing our a$$es off. It reminded me of my day with Lissa at Pebble Beach, only even colder and with rain to boot. lol

FINALLY, they opened the doors and let us weary souls inside. Our pains had gotten us second row, and I had the pleasure of getting a big grin from Lindsey when I waved my arms and danced a bit to Holiday Road. ;) It was a fun night, and for the encore, he did Bleed to Love Her instead of Bwana. We were all so excited that he was changing things up, doing different songs for encores every night (at least he had been up to that point.) He was encouraging people to shout out requests for encores, and I shouted Soul Drifter, but to no avail, as I would discover later. Afterwards, we once again waited outside the venue, although honestly I was so cold and miserable by that time I really just wanted to go back to the hotel. But Bree had not yet gotten an autograph and my other two friends were also eager to say hello to Lindsey (not that I wasn't - I was just so cold!) However, since he had to make a flight, our hour in the cold was rewarded with him scooting past us into his limo, although he did sign the CD of one girl through the window before the limo sped off.

Then it was time to take Bree to the bus station downtown, and I discovered that Detroit can be a very scary place if you don't know where the hell you are and you are driving around downtown past midnight. Stopping at a gas station to ask for directions was not too wise as three cars full of "urban youths" pulled in to the same station and I realized we had better just get out of there ASAP! We made it back to Mt. Clemens in one piece after only an hour of driving around confusedly.

After a day off, we headed for Chicago - minus Bree, who was taking the bus, and with the addition of another friend. Thank goodness, the weather was much better - still chilly, but sunny. The Chicago shows were also general admission, and we were gonna get there EARLY. 1:30, to be precise, six hours before the doors opened. We were prepared this time, though. We had warm coats, lawn chairs, food, drinks, a picnic blanket (Actually it was a Saudi Arabian pilgrimage towel my mom had given me but good enough). We had a jam box playing Lindsey songs, magazines, cards, crossword puzzles. We were good to GO! But we didn't wind up needing most of the entertainment, as we chatted with other hardcores who had arrived shortly after we did. Lindsey has not toured since 1992, and his hardcores were not about to miss the opportunity to get as good a seat as possible.

Us in the front of the line (I took the photo):

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/lbtour2006/ChicagoHardcoresSmall.jpg

At 4:30, we were thrilled to see the man himself get driven up with the band, I guess for sound check. He took one look at the line that had formed, laughed and smiled, then hurried past us to get inside. Well, at least, that's what I heard. I missed his entrance because I was fiddling with the jam box. I made up for it later, though, as I shall detail!

Once we got in, we were able to get front row. The set up was lame, though. The venue was Park West and it has tables, which can make standing and dancing pretty awkward, as can the waitresses always moving in and out asking if you want drinks. It was still a good show, though, and we had a great time. Lindsey consistently delivers with that magnificent guitar playing. He came and did I'm So Afraid right in front of us, and I was completely blown away. It really is amazing how expressive his playing is!

By this time, we had hooked up with a girl named Pattie who was the hardest of hardcores. She has gone all over the country to see Lindsey Buckingham, has been a fan for decades, and is still one of the first in line for shows. She also has an uncanny ability to find out where Lindsey is staying and has met him tons of times that way. We waited for Lindsey outside the venue afterwards, and my friends got to say hi (I hung back - I figured - I have my CD signed - what more can I get?) Through a friend of the keyboardist's, we had discovered that Lindsey was staying at the Hyatt. We all headed over there to see if he would come down to the bar, as he has been known to do in the past. We knew his keyboardist would be there, at least. His keyboardist is a kind of sleazy guy who, while in his fifties, still hits on girls in their twenties and tries to use his position as Lindsey's band member to score. Sadly, it apparently worked that night, as I saw him cuddling with a young blonde girl I had sat nearby in the audience. And no, they were not previously acquainted!

At the bar, I headed to the bathroom, then came back out to discover Lindsey talking to my friends! I hurried over and joined the conversation when the opportunity arose - he asked if there was anything we'd like to hear, and I piped up "Soul Drifter!" When he made a face I quickly added, "But... you don't seem too receptive to that, so... how about Down on Rodeo or Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind?" He laughed and said that was possible. Then, he did something that amazed and stunned us all. He leaned over and kissed Pattie on the lips! Lightly, but still. He thanked her for coming to so many shows, joked that she must have a very cool job or be independently wealthy, etc. She just stared, unable to respond. He laughed again and said "A woman of mystery... why doesn't someone else tell me something about her?" One of my friends volunteered that Pattie worked at a credit union. He teased her for a bit more, kissed her on the lips again, then turned to leave - but before he did, he took a strand of her hair in his fingers and said "Such lovely hair." Then he left. I joked "How many shows do I have to go to before I get that treatment? Just give me a number!" Not sure he heard me, but it made everyone else laugh. Now, don't get me wrong. Lindsey was not trying to get Pattie into bed. She's not some young blonde girl. She's an average-looking 40-ish woman. Lindsey just knew how much it would mean to her for him to kiss her and he did so, which I thought was amazingly cool. It didn't hurt that he seemed rather buzzed with either alcohol or pot, lol, but the whole thing was a surreal experience.

The next performance at Chicago, we once again got there early, once again were first, and got primo seats. (This time, before the show, I was able to see Lindsey come in for soundcheck!) He didn't change the setlist to include Down on Rodeo as we'd hoped - indeed, he didn't change the setlist at all from the night before, which both surprised and disappointed us as it had been his previous practice and this would be our last show. Regardless, it was a terrific evening, and Lindsey was much more playful and interactive with the crowd than usual. Perhaps it's because it was such an intimate venue, but people were yelling stuff, and he was talking back to them, and just being all-around genial. It reminded me of Glenn in the San Diego bootleg, although not so much at his recent solo gigs!

We once again waited outside the venue and went to the hotel (although I admit I thought that was a bad idea - too stalkery! But my ride was determined!) He wasn't there though. Disgusted with the whole situation, I went downstairs and chatted with a couple friends while the rest of my friends remained upstairs at the bar, wanting to talk to Brett the keyboardist. They told me later he kissed two of them and invited them to come around anytime. They were happy about it but it made me a little uncomfortable, to be frank. The man has a girlfriend; she's a very sweet girl I've been acquainted with for a long time. None of my business, I guess.

Overall, a fabulous experience, even if I did have a seizure on the way home and wound up in the hospital briefly. I guess Lindsey Buckingham is too much for a girl to handle. ;) (And, I happened to forget my meds, lol.)

And that's how I've spent my week!

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

DonFan
10-30-2006, 12:35 PM
Wow, Nancy, your week sounded great. It is so exciting that you got to meet Lindsey and hang out with him, and for him to actually kiss Pattie--I know she must've really been surprised. The smaller venues really allow you to see the artists better. It sounds like he was in top form!

sodascouts
10-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Those smaller venues really do allow for a cooler experience. These were about half the size of the ones Glenn played recently. Lindsey is just not as recognizable a name or face, despite the fact that he was a key member of one of the biggest groups of all-time. At the bar, he was able to walk through without being mobbed - well, except for we six girls, but even then, we didn't really mob him. He recognized us from the front row and said hello (or so I am told, I missed the initial meeting because I was in the bathroom! :cry: ). So cool!

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/nancysigbanner.jpg

sodascouts
10-30-2006, 01:15 PM
Also - forgot to add that the girl who requested Bwana runs a website for him. She is only 18 but such a fan! He actually hugged her from the stage. The members of the Mac are extremely cool about fansites. They have never once asked any fansites to take down anything. John McVie has even done a Q&A with the largest one, The Penguin (http://www.fleetwoodmac.net). Both Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham's official sites are converted fansites. Their attitude towards fansites is extremely rare, especially for bands of the pre-internet generation. Gotta love it.

~

Ive always been a dreamer
10-31-2006, 12:03 AM
Wow Nanc - what a week and another great experience! It's amazing how approachable Lindsey is. Sounds like you and your hard core Mac fans had a great time. Sorry to hear about your unplanned trip to the ER. Between you and Lissa, I'm beginning to think 70's rock stars may be hazardous to your health. ;)

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Freypower
10-31-2006, 12:07 AM
That's great, Nancy. Sounds wonderful. Congratulations on meeting Lindsey.http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/glasses.gif

glenneaglesfan
11-01-2006, 05:40 AM
Just had a chance to catch up with this. What a great star Lindsey is, to interact with his fans like that. Pattie must have been stunned! Good to hear that his guitar playing is good as ever.

~~~

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c96/Glenneaglesfan/signature1.jpg

This way to happiness...

Brooke
11-18-2006, 02:29 PM
Evidently Lindsey has been busy doing a Crossroads show for CMT! Here's a link to more about it.

www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/cmt...sode.jhtml (http://www.cmt.com/shows/dyn/cmt_crossroads/112636/episode.jhtml)

I just saw a World Premiere video of them together doing "Go Your Own Way" on CMT!

More Lindsey is always good! :D

~~~

"You know, people don't run out of dreams, people just run out of time."

sodascouts
11-18-2006, 02:31 PM
So cool!!!!! He is so brilliant! :: feeling the Lindsey love ::

~

Brooke
12-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Don't forget Lindsey tomorrow night on CMT at 9 ET!

~~~

sodascouts
12-01-2006, 08:17 PM
Thanks! I won't!

~
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/christmasbannereagles.jpg

Brooke
12-05-2006, 05:36 PM
As I was watching this I was thinking, wow, Lindsey looks fantastic and I love it that his hair is the natural gray flecked. :pimp:

I kinda wish "our" guys would let their hair go natural. I know it makes them "appear" younger than they really are, but who are they kidding? They are nearing 60.

I don't know, for some reason I just prefer men to not color their hair. It always causes discussion when men do. Why it's ok for women and not men, I have no clue. That's just me. http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/ohwell.gif

~~~

sodascouts
12-05-2006, 05:42 PM
He was incredible, and I agree Lindsey looks good, but I'm of the school that likes it when men color their hair. Keep the illusion going for as long as possible. ;)

I recorded this already and transferred it to DVD - let me know if you'd like a copy!

~

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/avatars/christmasbannereagles.jpg

12-07-2006, 01:06 AM
I'll have to get a copy of that from you Nancy. Brooke - although you and I usually agree on a lot of things, I'm all for the our guys coloring their hair. I remember at the beginning of the European tour, Don was showing a lot of gray, and I thought it made him look very pale and ghostly. I like some men in gray. For example, I think Richard Gere still looks hot with his gray hair, but I prefer my rock stars with hair dye (and jeans). ;)

~~~~~~

I'm just a hired hand working on the dreams I plan to try. The days go by...

Brooke
12-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Jeans, most definitely! As for hair dye, I can take it or leave it.

I'm sure Lindsey would still look hot with his hair dyed! And I know the Eagles guys do! :lol:

~~~

DonFan
12-07-2006, 05:12 PM
I agree about Richard Gere and gray hair, dreamer--it looks gorgeous on him. In my mind, he is the only man who could ever give Don a run for his money.

Molly
01-06-2007, 04:44 PM
While taking down my last Christmas tree today, I had the television tuned to the Discovery Health Channel. I show came on about plastic surgery and a woman who wanted to recapture her youth and have a face-lift so she could look like she did when she was in her 20's again caught my attention (I'm guessing she must have been close to 60).

Her name was Carol Ann something or other and I couldn't believe how much she looked like Stevie Nicks! Seriously, they could have been sisters! She got her start in the music business in the 70's and said she had dated Lindsey Buckingham for about 8 years at some point. They showed her now boyfriend, a muscician who looked to be maybe 30 years old, and at first glance, he resembled...you guessed it -Lindsey!

It all kind of creeped me out! :stunned:

soda, being a Lindsey fan, have you heard of this woman?

sodascouts
01-07-2007, 02:06 AM
While taking down my last Christmas tree today, I had the television tuned to the Discovery Health Channel. I show came on about plastic surgery and a woman who wanted to recapture her youth and have a face-lift so she could look like she did when she was in her 20's again caught my attention (I'm guessing she must have been close to 60).

Her name was Carol Ann something or other and I couldn't believe how much she looked like Stevie Nicks! Seriously, they could have been sisters! She got her start in the music business in the 70's and said she had dated Lindsey Buckingham for about 8 years at some point. They showed her now boyfriend, a muscician who looked to be maybe 30 years old, and at first glance, he resembled...you guessed it -Lindsey!

It all kind of creeped me out! :stunned:

soda, being a Lindsey fan, have you heard of this woman?

I sure have! Carol Ann Harris was Lindsey's girlfriend from 1977-1983. He dedicated his album "Go Insane" to her because she made him so crazy with her coke addiction. "She's a lot like you," he snaps to the girl in the song, and Carol later confirmed that he was always comparing her to Stevie. She has a book coming out soon. Can't wait to read it!

All of Lindsey's women look like Stevie, to the present day. Here's a banner of them that I made as a joke (the first girl was his high school sweetheart, the 'pre-Stevie' for contrast, lol).

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/lb/images/lbwomen2.jpg

After Stevie, the women are Carol Ann, actress wannabe Cheri Caspari whom he lived with from 1985-1992, Anne Heche (this only lasted a few months in 1993-1994), and his current wife Kristen who is the same age as my older sister, 37. I find that a bit creepy, too. Lindsey is 57!

Lindsey admitted that he never got over Stevie until 'a few years ago.' Although one wonders....

01-07-2007, 03:13 AM
Wow - that is kinda creepy. They really do all look a lot alike (high school sweetheart excluded). I actually always thought Lindsey and Stevie would eventually end up together, but I guess it just wasn't to be.

sodascouts
01-07-2007, 03:51 AM
Wow - that is kinda creepy. They really do all look a lot alike (high school sweetheart excluded). I actually always thought Lindsey and Stevie would eventually end up together, but I guess it just wasn't to be.

Every time I see them perform together, I wish they were still a couple. They definitely give off a vibe of intimacy, even if they're not "together" in the traditional sense.

Freypower
01-07-2007, 06:49 PM
On a Fleetwood Mac related incident, I saw the video of Seven Wonders the other day. Airbrushed or what. Lindsey looked very uncomfortable. It reminded me of some old Heart videos where the Wilson sisters had the big hair.

Regarding dyed hair, in Glenn's case I think he should continue to dye it. I cannot for the life of me picture him with grey hair (although the 21st Century video half makes me think I could deal with it). I think however that Don looks more 'distinguished' with grey hair. :?

sodascouts
01-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I noticed as I was putting the photos from the Target Pro-Am into the GFO galleries that Glenn does seem to be letting his gray show. While as I've said, I'm of the camp that thinks he should keep dyeing, it didn't look so bad.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/GFreyTigerTargetHeadShot.jpg

Maleah
05-09-2007, 09:40 PM
Oh my gosh! Lindsey Buckingham is going to be 2 hours away from me!! :shock: What the heck is with all these concerts here ALL coming in July?! Wow!

sodascouts
05-09-2007, 09:54 PM
Ooh! Lindsey! I am going to see him on my trip to California. His shows these days are very low-key, but I still like them.

SweetHolly
05-09-2007, 09:58 PM
I would love to see Lindsey in concert.

Maleah
05-09-2007, 10:00 PM
The funny thing is, I just had to go download a song by him because I've never even heard him sing before :blush: :laugh:

sodascouts
05-09-2007, 10:02 PM
The funny thing is, I just had to go download a song by him because I've never even heard him sing before :blush: :laugh:

Have you ever heard the song "Go Your Own Way"? "The Chain"? "Holiday Road" off of the movie National Lampoon's Vacation? All Lindsey. :)

Maleah
05-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Sadly.............no :D But I'm downloading Holiday Road right now!

sodascouts
05-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Sadly.............no :D But I'm downloading Holiday Road right now!

One of my favorites!

Maleah
05-09-2007, 10:04 PM
Tickets will be $24-$29 by the way 8) I'm listening to Holiday Road right now and I also downloaded Trouble (?). He's much milder than I thought he'd be :laugh:

sodascouts
05-09-2007, 10:10 PM
Tickets will be $24-$29 by the way 8) I'm listening to Holiday Road right now and I also downloaded Trouble (?). He's much milder than I thought he'd be :laugh:

Trouble is just OK. Try "Soul Drifter" off of Out of the Cradle. That's another one of my favorites. All of his songs on Fleetwood Mac's Rumours are strong - the aforementioned "Go Your Way" and "The Chain," but also "Second Hand News" and "Never Going Back Again." "Go Insane" is also good, but get the live version (off of Fleetwood Mac's The Dance). It far surpasses the album version which frankly is a tad dated now, with all its techno "tricks" (although some Lindsey fans consider such a statement sacrilege!). As a guitar aficianado, you'd appreciate the live version of I'm So Afraid (also off of The Dance). It has an incredible guitar solo full of passion - the guitar solo that made me a Buckingham fan. Make sure it's the live one though! If you're in the mood for romantic Lindsey, try "Crystal." I prefer the Buckingham Nicks one you can find here: http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/MP3/crystalBN.mp3 In fact let me just link you to the multimedia page: http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/bn/slmedia.html - the entire BN album is great. Their voices and music were so earnest, so pure, so basic and yet so sophisticated, considering it was their first effort. It far outpaces the first efforts of our boys, I must say!

Sorry, you shouldn't have gotten me started! lol

SweetHolly
05-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Sorry, you shouldn't have gotten me started! lol
That's okay. Thanks for the info! :thumbsup: 8)

Maleah
05-09-2007, 10:31 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, thanks for the info! I'm going to go try to find those now, especially the guitar solo one you mentioned. After spending $80 on 3rd row seats for martina mcbride, $30 sounds really cheap! LOL

EasyFeeling
05-10-2007, 03:23 AM
Have you ever heard the song "Go Your Own Way"? "The Chain"? "Holiday Road" off of the movie National Lampoon's Vacation? All Lindsey. :)

I know these great songs very well. Maybe I also should look for some more music from Lindsey. :wink:

sodascouts
06-07-2007, 04:39 PM
Here's the review of my most recent Lindsey solo show!

Lindsey Buckingham in Santa Rosa, June 1

I saw Lindsey at the Wells Fargo Center for the Arts. I was second row - got it at the last minute. It was a great show - the first one of his third leg. Lindsey seemed well-rested and was in good spirits. Here is the setlist:

Not Too Late
Trouble
Never Going Back Again
Second Hand News
Castaway Dreams
Red Rover
It Was You
Big Love
Go Insane
Under the Skin
World Turning
I'm So Afraid
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Tusk
Go Your Own Way
--- Encore ---
Holiday Road
Turn It On
Show You How
---Final Encore---
Shut Us Down

The crowd was a good one - not too boisterous, but willing to give a standing ovation when it was due and stand for "Go Your Own Way" and the encores. Security seemed perfectly fine with people taking photos, despite the fact that cameras were forbidden. I got one photo and a brief clip of "Never Going Back Again" before my memory stick ran out.

The venue is rather nice and gave the show a different feel. It was a more formal, sedate air and not a rock-show feel, although Lindsey did indeed rock it eventually!

There seemed to be a bit of buzzing from the speaker nearest us and Lindsey hit a few false notes, but it wasn't really noticeable. His guitarwork and voice were strong overall.

Fashion report: Lindsey was wearing a black V-neck T-shirt, jeans, black boots, and a black leather jacket. He was also wearing a thick gold chain necklace with no pendant.

The songs, while performed well, did not vary much from what I'd already heard back in October. I did notice there was a short acapella segment of "I Know I'm Not Wrong" that was not there before in the arrangement; I liked it. It was at the last time he sang "a year gone bad."

The new songs got a good reception here, which I'm sure he appreciated! He intro'ed "Castaway Dreams" with a whole bit about how he wrote it after a fight with his wife - and then he added that she was right and joked about how she's always right, which got hoots from the female members of the audience.

He introduced "Under the Skin" with something to the effect of that the person he wrote it about was "having trouble getting from point A to point B in their life." We all know that's about Stevie - "long live the Queen" - so it made me wonder what she was struggling with that inspired it.

"I'm So Afraid" was slowed down in the fashion he's been doing it for this whole tour, which I don't really like, but he did rev it up for the guitar solo so I got into it regardless.

A funny moment during "Go Your Own Way": when he came down to the front of the stage for the part where he traditionally lets people "play" his guitar (reach up and strum it from the foot of the stage) - the girls he approached at the stage had no idea what he was doing. So, when he said "Come on" and moved towards them with the guitar, they started "dancing" towards him all sexy-like. I think they thought he wanted them to "perform" for him.

Another cute moment was when we saw a security guard go from grumpy (when people started coming down to the stage for "Go Your Own Way") to rockin' out (once Lindsey got going).

After the band intros, Lindsey's keyboardist Brett Tuggle added that he felt honored to play with Lindsey, that he respected him and all that. It was nice. Another thing Brett did was that often after songs he would be mouthing "WOW" and pointing at Lindsey, applauding.

I was very excited when he played both "Turn It On" and "Shut Us Down" for encores. I had not heard those songs before live in person. I was especially delighted with "Shut Us Down" because I figured he wasn't going to do it when they all took their bows and it still hadn't been played. Then he said, "Wanna hear one more?" and out it came! How he teases us! lol

I enjoyed the concert, and it seemed the other audience members did too. I think the key was that HE seemed to be enjoying it. He even said "This is my kind of crowd." Well, he was our kind of performer. ;)

Brooke
06-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Sounds like a great show! Thanks! Any good pics? (Hint)

He's an awesome guitar player, imo! :D

DonFan
06-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Thanks for the great review, soda.

Your review brings up something I have noticed at concerts over the last few years, especially since more & more people become internet-savvy (myself included).

There is such a HUGE difference between the dedicated fans, the ones who belong to message boards and attend numerous concerts, and the casual fans. For example, how was that girl supposed to know that Lindsey wanted her to strum his guitar, especailly if she was attending his concert for the first time? I surely wouldn't have known either. Just like the first time I saw Stevie--I didn't know fans were allowed to go up to the stage on Edge of Seventeen until all these people started storming past me on their way down front. These two types of fans have always existed--the people who are there bec they love the artist and their music, and the people who are there simply bec it is a social occasion, some place to drink and party---but lately, since the prices of concert tickets continue to rise, the problem continues to grow. There is nothing more maddening than being a dedicated, informed fan who paid an arm & a leg to see an artist, sitting beside someone who could care less and spends the entire concert chatting on their cell phone or continually drinking, spilling their beer and going back & forth to the john.

Reminds me of Don's famous retort to overly chatty fans: "Don't you hate it when you are trying to have a conversation and a rock concert breaks out?" :?

Well, I really got off on a rant for a moment there! :shock: But I'm sure you all know what I mean.

SweetHolly
06-07-2007, 05:29 PM
Thanks for the great review Nancy.

glenneaglesfan
06-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Thanks for that review, Soda. It's good to hear he's producing new songs.

Df, I'm as amazed as you at the attitude some people have to concerts. I'm a newbie to concert going, but I have to say that by and large the Eagles fans were quite good at the concerts I went to.

Freypower
06-07-2007, 07:11 PM
When we went to see Knopfler the people behind us talked so incessantly that my husband turned round and said 'if you want to talk go to the bar'. He has very low tolerance for that sort of thing. Years ago we went to see Peter Gabriel and a girl next to us a) only knew the songs from the album of the time, Us, so he'd be playing songs like Sledgehammer and she didn't know them, b) talked to her brother next to her during the songs she didn't know (i.e. most of them). When it got to Biko and she was STILL talking hubby asked her to come outside. Her brother profusely apologised for her behaviour.

DonFan
06-07-2007, 07:29 PM
My husband is the same as yours, FP. He hates rude behavior at concerts.

When he & I went to our last two Eagles concerts in 2005, my first to pay ILAA prices and first to get really great, close seats, we had the misfortune to sit beside a drunk couple both times. While I was "in a zone" watching Don, the man beside my husband tried to be his buddy, talking throughout the show and spilling beer all over him. Ugh.

sodascouts
06-08-2007, 01:16 PM
I agree about the rude behavior. I also realize that you can't blame a casual fan for not knowing all the "ins and outs" of the different artists. I still got a chuckle out of those girls doing that stripper dancing in front of the stage though!

sodascouts
07-03-2007, 12:51 AM
I went to Summerfest in Milwaukee this weekend. It was great! There were lots of cool bands there and I listened to several throughout the day, but the reason I went was Lindsey Buckingham who played at 10:00 pm. It was the last night of his tour and Milwaukee's not that far away!

His concert was the best I've seen this tour. "I'm So Afraid" was especially stunning - the guitar solo was extended longer than usual and he just went nuts on it. It was AMAZING. He also was more spirited than the last time I saw him in Santa Rosa. The audience was great, standing and making noise the whole time. Of course that's the great thing about a music festival - no stodgy types huffing and puffing about the audience being too loud! My friends and I started doing coordinated hand-swaying to "Holiday Road" which got us some chuckles from Lindsey and his bandmates!

He said that he's going to release ANOTHER album and do ANOTHER tour in 2008! It's really astonishing to me that after 13 years of putting off his solo album, he's now releasing two within two years (assuming this next one comes off as expected). Gives me hope regarding the Eagles album!

Brooke
07-03-2007, 01:25 PM
Sounds like fun, Soda!

Don't you wonder what happened during all those years and why he's finally decided to do it? :? I guess sometimes "life" just gets in the way!

SweetHolly
07-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Awesome! 8)

sodascouts
07-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Don't you wonder what happened during all those years and why he's finally decided to do it? :? I guess sometimes "life" just gets in the way!

His standard explanation was "Fleetwood Mac took all my best songs so I had nothing for a solo album." However, a friend of one of his ex-girlfriends leaked a cassette tape of demos in 1995 and they make up half of his new album! It does make me wonder what the holdup was.

Molly
07-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I went to Summerfest in Milwaukee this weekend. It was great! There were lots of cool bands there and I listened to several throughout the day, but the reason I went was Lindsey Buckingham who played at 10:00 pm. It was the last night of his tour and Milwaukee's not that far away!

Wow, Nancy, you were only a few minutes from my house. Wish I had known you were going to be so close.

Summerfest is a blast, isn't it?

sodascouts
07-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh my gosh, you're that close? It would have been great to meet up! Although perhaps you should consider yourself lucky that you escaped the fevered Lindsey mania - just my friends of course, not me. ;) Still, with you around, I would not have had to suppress the urge to make Eagles references when they occurred to me!

You will get a hoot out of this. I had come down with three friends and we were staying in a hotel room splitting costs - the Ambassador Inn (NOT the Ambassador Hotel, we were to discover!) - not too far from Summerfest. Easy enough to get there... you'd think it would be easy enough to get back... not for us. We got terribly lost after the show and wound up on the other side of town - and sadly there was no boy waiting with fiery eyes and dreams no one could steal! So we pulled into a McDonald's and desperately tried to make sense of the cheapy map we had snagged from the hotel lobby. All we could figure out was that we were north of where we should be - really, really north. Finally we gave up and just used my friends directional system - making sure to keep it on "S" - until we hit Wisconsin Avenue again, to great rejoicing.

It's a lovely town, BTW. I wouldn't mind living there myself!

Molly
07-07-2007, 09:42 AM
We're about 30 minutes north of the actual city. We go into the city so much that it's no big deal. If you traveled down Wisconsin Ave. you probably passed right through the heart of Marquette University. Peter's dorm last year was on 18th and Wisconsin. If you drove past Miller Park, (the baseball stadium), you were right next to Falk Corp. where Steve spends his days.

There is so much construction going on downtown-I can certainly imagine how you could get turned around. Even with Steve driving Monday (and he knows the city like the back of his hand) he was spewing a couple of Awww, sh!t!!! since we'd turn the corner and see those lovely orange construction barrels and detour signs.

We went down to Summerfest on Monday to see Heart.

sodascouts
07-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Calling all folks who love Lindsey Buckingham! You can download his new song "Did You Miss Me" here:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CVT2HS/ref=dm_ty_trk

I love it! And it's from his new album, Gift of Screws, set to be released soon.

You know, Lindsey's album Out of the Cradle was released in 1992, and we thought we'd never see the day when he released another one. And then he released one in 2006, and this one in 2008! And he's touring to support it! I'm going to the Indianapolis, Chicago, and Milwaukee shows.

Gives me hope for Glenn. If Lindsey can do it, surely Glenn can!

Glennsallnighter
07-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Nice song Soda! Enjoy yourself at the shows. And Yes, it would be great if Glenn :heart: did it too!

07-29-2008, 10:53 PM
I listened to the preview of the song and I like it, too. It sounds very "Fleetwood Mac" to me. I'm sure it will be a treat to see Lindsey perform it live.

sodascouts
08-28-2008, 01:17 AM
Oh my gosh, I just got to talk to Lindsey Buckingham on "Rockline"!

It's a call-in show. I tried again and again and again for over an hour, and finally got through. The show will be up on their site in a couple days here:

http://www.rocklineradio.com/index.php

He played several new songs and sounded INCREDIBLE. I asked him about the way he changes arrangements so much for live performances, and what brings that about. He said that he didn't know how it happened, lol, but he thinks that performing live gives you the opportunity to do things that you can't do in the studio (like a 5-minute guitar solo on I'm So Afraid, for instance!)

I can't wait to see him live again!

ticky
08-28-2008, 01:30 AM
Soda! How cool! I love Lindsey Buckingham! Thats almost as cool as talking to Joe *grin* almost, but VERY cool! I will definatly look and listen for it!!

Mrs Henley
08-28-2008, 04:45 AM
Aaaah Soda that's so cool!!!
I wish he came in Europe to tour!

Enjoy enjoy enjoy!!!

TimothyBFan
08-28-2008, 06:56 AM
Oh Right Soda!!!:applause::applause: Glad you were able to get thru and talk with him!!!

DonFan
08-28-2008, 09:02 AM
How exciting, Soda! I'm glad you got through!

Brooke
08-28-2008, 12:24 PM
That is really cool, SS! I'm sure you were quite beside yourself! :spin:

Prettymaid
08-28-2008, 12:32 PM
How thrilling, Soda! Can't wait to hear it!

sodascouts
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM
That is really cool, SS! I'm sure you were quite beside yourself! :spin:

Oh, I was. My pulse was POUNDING! Of course, it was not nearly as special as having a REAL phone conversation with a musical hero - Lindsey answers your question and that's it, next caller - but I still was super-excited about it.

glenneaglesfan
08-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Wow, Soda, very cool that you got to talk to Lindsey, and great that he's releasing a new album. :cool: Look forward to hearing the pregramme, and your tour reviews!

sodascouts
08-28-2008, 09:14 PM
Wow, they've already got it up!

http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

My question is in Part 5, about 2 minutes in.

The whole program is really interesting, though, so I recommend that fans listen to all of it. He plays several new songs acoustically. It's amazing.

I did isolate an MP3 of my question here, though!

Nancy's Question (http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/lb/MP3/LindseyBuckinghamRockline082708-Nancy.mp3)

ticky
08-28-2008, 09:45 PM
Soda ^5! That was great! Im so impressed at how at ease you were. I would have been a blubbering Homer Simpson dufus. Even though you only got to ask one question, it was a good well stated question complete but concise. In the online thing with Joe, it was nearly impossible to ask him anything intelligent because you had to make it short enough to be read in a few seconds. Of course AFTERWARDS I came up with great questions.. but during.. DUH!!! Anyway, I was very impressed with you cool calm composure!
Good job.

Brooke
08-29-2008, 09:17 AM
I agree, Nancy. That was great! It was cool to hear your voice, too!

Your question reminded me of the Felder/spontaneity issue, too.

TimothyBFan
08-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Great job Soda--You sounded great and so intelligent. Great question also!

DonFan
08-29-2008, 10:34 AM
You really did well with your question, Nancy. Nice touch mentioning one of the venues where you have seen him before. Great job all around!

Prettymaid
08-29-2008, 10:42 AM
You sounded great, Soda. How much time did it take you to come up with your question? I know you said you were trying to get trhough for over an hour. Did you come up with it while you were waiting or was it something you've always wanted to know?

( Sorry for the interrogation but I've always wondered what I would ask my favorites, if I had the chance!)

sodascouts
08-29-2008, 03:00 PM
Your question reminded me of the Felder/spontaneity issue, too.

You know, it's interesting. Lindsey's not spontaneous about it at all, really, which is why I asked about how he decided on arrangements. He carefully changes the arrangement and works it up, then plays the new arrangement exactly the same way throughout the tour (sometimes over multiple tours, like the acoustic Big Love vs. the studio electric, which he has been doing since 1993). He does change the I'm So Afraid solo from tour to tour, though. He basically commits to changing it up beforehand and then sticks to that change - so he can do different things without stepping outside of the comfort zone that comes with practice.

The Eagles' vocal precision has its own appeal and I respect it. It's also true that when an artist changes the arrangement, it can backfire and be a disappointment for some (for instance, Don's cantina version of Hotel California). On the other hand, Don's rearrangements of End of the Innocence and Heart of the Matter were quite powerful. It's a delicate balance; I wasn't even a big fan of Glenn's rearrangment of Smuggler's Blues. It's hard to know what will work and what won't. In Lindsey's case, what he does is add a lot more guitarwork to some songs (like Joe does). What Stevie does is add vocal ad-libs, like the Eagles used to do for Tequila Sunrise. It's little things that make going to live shows even more rewarding.

In the case of Eagles shows and their solo shows, the element that makes the live show is just watching the skill and feeling in their performances. A bit of lyrical ad-libbing isn't too hard, though, and I wish they would do that. Heck, I get excited when Glenn adds an extra "cloudy days" on NMCD! ;)

You sounded great, Soda. How much time did it take you to come up with your question? I know you said you were trying to get trhough for over an hour. Did you come up with it while you were waiting or was it something you've always wanted to know?

PM - I wrote down a basic question about arrangements because it's something I loved about his live shows, then dialed and redialed again and again. Luckily automated redial made that easier, and I would hit the button while I was doing other things, so it wasn't so terrible. Once they answered and I was on hold, I started jotting down things I wanted to be sure and say, because I was thinking of other things as I waited that I hadn't put in the original question. Having all those things jotted down made me feel more comfortable. I also tried to enunciate very carefully so I wouldn't sound like a goober.

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. My 15 seconds of radio fame. ;)

Angel
08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
I got through too, only they didn't get to me so I didn't get to go on air. :thumbsdown:

Anyway, lucky you, Nancy, very cool! :partytime:

Glennsallnighter
08-31-2008, 09:03 AM
Well done Nancy! You sounded quite the professional on that. I can see why your students love you, I guess you are easy to listen to. I'm glad you enjoyed your radio fame. The adrenaline sure pumps when you get through, doesn't it!!

glenneaglesfan
09-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Angel, sorry you didn't get through, but it sounds like a fascinating interview.

Soda, that was amazing. You were so composed and Lindsey sounded really interested and gave a well thought out reply. It was a great interview, thank you so much for posting the links. He seems such a nice guy.

ticky
09-10-2008, 05:26 PM
I just heard on the radio that Lindsey Buckingham is in Portland tonight! Of course I am NOT going... BUT he did an interview with the local radio station here.
http://www.kink.fm/Lindsey-Buckingham/2595577

glenneaglesfan
09-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks for the link, ticky, that was a great interview with Lindsey! And up to the minute!!!! He seems such an intelligent and articulate person. It's been a real pleasure to listen to this.:)

sodascouts
09-10-2008, 07:14 PM
Lindsey's very well-spoken - even if he repeats himself in interviews sometimes. ;) Thanks for posting!

AzEaglesFan
09-15-2008, 09:15 PM
Lindsey Buckingham is doing a concert in Phoenix on Sept 18th. The Phx paper had an interview on Sunday. His new CD is called Gift of the Screws. They quote him as saying that Fleetwood Mac is getting together in Jan and will be touring after that (in April) to get ready to go into the studio to record new music. He said they want to do some dates,hang together and get to know each other again before they go into the studio to try to record. He also said that "Stevie and my dynamic was somewhat guarded but we've been having a lot of positive conversations lately"

ticky
09-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Oh Cool!!! lets hope THEY come west (im starting to feel a little Isolated here...weird since we have Seattle AND LA - not to mention Portland in between!! Or San Fransisco...)

sodascouts
09-17-2008, 11:56 AM
Hey guys - Lindsey's album came out yesterday! I got my copy, and even talked the people at Borders into giving me their promotional poster when they're done with it. ;)

"Wait for You" is terrific, and "Great Day" is very reminiscent of his work on Fleetwood Mac's Tango in the Night, except better. "Family Man" off of TITN is almost universally thought to be the worst song Fleetwood Mac has ever released! This is much more interesting, and I like it. Clever lyricism as well.

I also think "Right Place to Fade" is lots of fun. Something interesting about that: this song was on a movie soundtrack a few years ago and called "Twist of Fate" in its credits (it was only played in the movie and not released). The song as it is released on Gift of Screws has the same vocal track as far as I can tell, and it STILL sounds like he is singing "Twist of Fate" on the chorus, but the lyric sheet and title now claim he is singing "Right Place to Fade." Very odd.

As I've said before, "Did You Miss Me" is catchy and a good choice for the single. "Love Runs Deeper" is another favorite; it has a great melody.

I appreciate the Emily Dickinson reference of "Gift of Screws," and I find it funny that he completely sexualizes the poem. Dickinson would probably be scandalized! Still, it's a very postmodern approach lyrically which I find to be a cool idea, even if it is risque. It appears Lindsey's got a dirty mind, but we knew that from "Come" off of Fleetwood Mac's Say You Will, "Slow Dancing" off of Go Insane, and to a lesser degree, Rumours' "Second Hand News." ;)

Not so sure about "Time Precious Time" - those sped up guitars make my head hurt; it's totally overproduced, IMHO.

I enjoy "Bel Air Rain," "Underground," and "Treason" but they aren't standout tracks, I don't think.

I appreciate that throughout the album, he puts in a lot of those great guitar solos that I love so much.

However, I think he overused the echo effect on his voice - it's on almost every song. This is part of why I love to hear him live - all the effects are gone, and Lindsey can do his thing without those distractions. (He would probably be appalled to hear that I find his carefully constructed sound effects distracting, but it is what it is).

Overall, a strong album. I'd rank it his second best, after 1992's Out of the Cradle, but above all of his others.

sodascouts
10-02-2008, 04:30 PM
I might not be able to visit the board too much in the next few days - I'm off on another Lindsey Buckingham tour! My friends and I are seeing him in Chicago tonight at the House of Blues, then we'll see him again Saturday (Milwaukee) and Sunday (Indianapolis). Since I was just in Chicago to see the Eagles, it's pretty funny!

Prettymaid
10-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Have fun Soda! :bye:

ticky
10-02-2008, 06:30 PM
Soda! What fun!! have a great time and say Hi to Lindsay from me! (like he'll have a clue, but its always worth a try *G*)

TimothyBFan
10-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Once again-I will be living my life thru you, vicariously! Following the band--how cool is that!! Have fun and enjoy yourself!!

Brooke
10-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Wow, Soda! That sounds like a lot of fun! :cool:

We'll be awaiting your reviews!

sodascouts
10-03-2008, 07:02 PM
Saw Lindsey in Chicago last night - amazing. It was general admission, so we got there early and were front and center. He is a genius on guitar - I think he's the best guitarist alive. He's fascinating to watch; his solo on I'm So Afraid was epic!

Still, my when my friends asked me who I liked better, I had to finally admit it: Glenn wins over Lindsey. He comes in a close second though. :)

Mrs Henley
10-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm so glad you enjoyed Soda! :)

Hahaha Glenn is wining!

TimothyBFan
10-06-2008, 02:53 PM
Has anyone heard from our fearless leader or has she decided to travel with the band? I can't wait to hear how the weekend went at all the shows.

Soda--are you out there????

sodascouts
10-07-2008, 12:17 AM
I'm back today guys, after several days "on the road"! And I had some exciting stuff happen! I'll post about it tomorrow after I rest up - as well as catch up on posts here! ;)

DonFan
10-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Glad you're back, Soda, and can't wait to hear about your adventures!

TimothyBFan
10-07-2008, 07:53 AM
I'm back today guys, after several days "on the road"! And I had some exciting stuff happen! I'll post about it tomorrow after I rest up - as well as catch up on posts here! ;)

:yay::yay: Oh goody!!! Exciting stuff--new stories--can't wait!! Wake up Soda and get to posting!!

sodascouts
10-07-2008, 12:29 PM
And here we are... what I've been up to the past few days!

Thursday - Chicago House of Blues
Off to Chicago, where I met up with my two "concert buddies" to begin our mini-tour of three Lindsey Buckingham shows. The first show was general admission - hardcores first! We were worried about getting there in time for good seats, though, since I was coming in from out of town. My friend found out that for a bit extra money you could get "priority entrance." We paid up and got there early as soon as possible just to be sure there wasn't confusion - the HOB is notorious for its disorganization. Sure enough, they got confused, and somehow believed that we were claiming to be friends of the band because we were asking for the "VIP package" that we were told to pick up at the Will Call - that became to them "VIP backstage passes." Whatever! We straightened it out and got in a few seconds before everyone else - long enough for us to grab our spots center stage. Bree was there (aka PinkCoatGirl) and I said hello to her.

Lindsey played several songs from his new album, starting out with "Great Day" and "Love Runs Deeper." I thought they got a good reception, but again we were all gung-ho hardcores up at the front! He also did a new rockin' arrangement of "Go Insane." Lindsey had actually never toured for his first two albums Law and Order and Go Insane, so the first time audiences heard that live was his Out of the Cradle tour in 1993. For that, he arranged what had been an effects/production-heavy, high-tech song as an acoustic, single-guitar number. It was very intense and powerful, but that was 15 years ago, and he'd done it that same way for both Fleetwood Mac's Dance tour and his 2006 Under the Skin tour. It was time for a change. Now, he plays it full band with a faster beat. It's terrific and a great thrill to hear it a different way!

Lindsey does guitar solos for EVERY SINGLE SONG - that's his strength and speciality. Some of them have elaborate acoustic guitar work like "Big Love" and "Time Precious Time"; some of them have electric guitar solos that are so intense that you get overheated just listening to them - "Come" and "I'm So Afraid" are the two that come to mind there. Some of them have more subtle guitar solos that don't dominate the song, but nevertheless, they are really what makes a Lindsey Buckingham show work. His vocals may not be as polished as the Eagles, but he can knock 'em dead with his guitar playing ability - especially since his practice is not to use a pick (he made an exception for one song). Finger-picking everything allows him to use those nimble fingers to make that guitar sound like three different instruments playing at once, I swear!

Afterwards, my friends heard Lindsey was staying at a nearby hotel and wanted to go wait in the bar. Since we knew Lindsey was down with that from the last tour where he regularly came to hotel bars and fraternized with fans, we decided to go. Still, I warned my friends it was almost certain Lindsey wouldn't be there this time - his wife was in town for his birthday and I daresay he had better things to do than hang with fans. ;) But they thought perhaps the backing band would be there and that would be good enough. Sure enough, they were, and Lindsey Buckingham's keyboardist was came over and talked to us because he recognized us from the show.

Friday - Wicked
No show on Friday. During the day, I held my classes in chat (can't just skip out on work) and that evening we went to downtown Chicago's theater district and saw the musical Wicked. Great show!

Saturday - Milwaukee's Pabst Theater
This was to be our only seated show. My friends were sitting second row while I was in fifth; I was unwilling to eat a ticket to get a better seat like my friend! It was a good seat anyway - I was on the aisle. The venue is small but lovely - elaborately decorated on the inside in an old-fashioned style. I sat next to a fellow hardcore and we were having a great time as the show started. There wasn't much different than Thursday night musically, so I'll get into the extras, good and bad.

The bad (beginning rant that has nothing to do with Lindsey): when the girl next to me and I saw some people standing up and dancing in the aisle, we moved over to be behind them. We figured we would block less people that way, and we were already on the aisle, so it's not like we had to climb over anybody. When we did, this guy catty-corner to me kicked and hit me (my friend was out of his reach)! Now this had happened to me one time before - the Glasgow Eagles show - and this time I wouldn't back down. I turned around and demanded if he had hit me, and what kind of man would hit a woman. He just growled "SIT DOWN!!" I was going to argue more, but I didn't want to disrupt the show - so I sat back down. But it wasn't to end there. Some other girls came down and he did the same thing to them! I couldn't stand it. I marched over to the nearest guard and said "That man there is kicking and hitting women." When he saw that, the guard decided to let all of the man's "victims" up front to stand in the aisle near the stage! How cool is that?!!! The Pabst Theater rocks! I decided not to go, however - it was far off to the side and my fifth row was center. I was pleased that the issue had been taken care of, though. And when I sat down again, the big burly (and somewhat inebriated) guy sitting behind me said "Did that guy give you a hard time?" I explained what happened and he said loudly "What an asshole! What kind of dick hits women? I'm going to kick his ass after the show!" I was pleased he stood up for me and said "GO FOR IT!" (I guess that was bad of me but I couldn't help it, lol). After that, I noticed the kicker guy was careful never to look our way again, and he didn't kick or hit anyone else either. He also left before the show was over. This made me happy. :twisted:

Afterwards, we hung out at the bar attached to the theater with several other Lindsey fans. One of them was flirting with a security guard to get him to reveal when Lindsey would leave the venue so we would know where to wait for him - if he's in the mood, Lindsey will stop and sign things for fans. Some fellow guards saw what was happening and, since we were a party of nine women, came over to us in the hopes of also being "used for information." lol I told one of them my story and he puffed out his chest and declared, "I would've thrown that guy out for touching you!" Then he proceeded to tell us about his time as a bounty hunter in Los Angeles (yeah, right). We never got any info about Lindsey - they finally admitted Lindsey had already left - but we sure got entertained!

Sunday - Indianapolis' Egyptian Room
This was my most special show! It was also general admission, so we got there very early and, despite some confusion about lines, wound up third place in the line to go in! My friends had to go to the bathroom so I stayed where I was and off they went. I entertained myself by talking to my fellow hardcores in line around me (apparently my old site BuckinghamNicks.net (http://www.buckinghamnicks.net) hasn't been forgotten, because many of them said "You're NANCY from BN.net! Wow! I love that site! Please update it!" That was gratifying). When my friends didn't return after a half hour, though, I started to get worried. They finally came back, only to tell me that they'd seen Lindsey going into the stage door and when they ran over, he'd hugged them and kissed them on the cheek! I was so jealous, but comforted myself with the fact that I had been hugged and kissed on the cheek by the even more awesome Glenn Frey. ;)

The girls behind us in line were VERY peppy and VERY into Lindsey! They were cute, thin, and blonde and I had a feeling that Lindsey would be looking our way a lot that night, lol. What I didn't anticipate was how vocal they were! Throughout the show they screamed stuff at him. They were sweet girls, but I kind of got a little embarrassed, especially when they hollered the song title "BLEED TO LOVE HER" whenever there was a quiet moment. I whispered "I don't think he'll do it - you've already hollered it ten times - give up!" Well, they showed me. He DID perform the song just for them, off the cuff, at the encore! I turned to the girl closest to me and said "What can I say, you were right!" and gave her a big hug and a kiss on the cheek! It was awesomely cool and kudos to Lindsey for taking what could have been annoying and turning it into an opportunity to shine.

Also, I had an experience that I'd never had before and it freaking blew me away! My favorite Lindsey song is Fleetwood Mac's "I'm So Afraid" because the intensity of the guitar solo is so affecting. When I heard the notes start, I screamed "I'M SO AFRAID! YES! I LOVE THIS SONG!" Now mind you, we were right at his feet standing up against the stage which came up to about our waists. I don't know if he heard me or what - but he walked over to me and played the entire 5-minute-plus guitar solo right above me - one foot planted on either side of me and looking down at me. HOLY CRAP IT WAS HOT. Usually he moves up and down the stage but not this time. He just stayed there looking down on me, pounding out those notes on the guitar... I was just screaming and cheering and getting REALLY worked up!!! When he got to to the climax of the solo I just about passed out. Finally it was over and he moved away and it took me several minutes to regain my composure. Deep breaths, deep breaths... made the night memorable for me, that's for sure! It's like the guitar equivalent of Glenn Frey singing a sexy and/or romantic song looking right at you!

We waited for Lindsey outside, but so did a bunch of other people - at least 50, perhaps more. His keyboardist who had talked to us the other night came out and chatted with us - he even gave me a kiss on the side of my head - but when Lindsey came out he told the crowd "I've got to catch a plane" and went straight to his van. Oh well!

We came back Sunday night and spent Monday recuperating at my place. Meanwhile my friends harassed me constantly about "abandoning" BN.net (http://www.buckinghamnicks.net) for the Eagles in the hopes of getting me to update it again. They also teased me by dissing Don Henley repeatedly. Everything something went wrong, they'd joke "I blame Don Henley!" "Oh no - I left my CD in the car - I blame Don Henley!" "The restaurant is closed? I blame Don Henley!" One friend said she was going to get on this board and pretend to be me, saying that I was going to return to the Fleetwood Mac boards and never come back! I said "They'd never believe you. " ;)

There's room in my heart for 'em all!

And that was my fun Lindsey Buckingham weekend!

TimothyBFan
10-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Once again :bow:You rock Nancy!!! I wish I had the gumption and guts to go off like that! Sounds like you had a awesome time and how much fun!! To bad Lindsey had to catch that plane. I like him and all but no way as much as you do but yet, I got really excited reading your "encounters", especially the solo right above you as he stared down at you. OMG--how cool was that? Have you even recovered from it yet, so do you still see it every time you close your eyes? WOW!!:spin::stunned: Can hardly wait till your next sojourn to see another Rock God!

10-07-2008, 01:13 PM
What a great review, Nanc. I'm glad you had such a good time. I can only imagine how you must have felt having Lindsey stand over you singing your favorite song - that is more than awesome that he would do that for you.

However, as sympathetic as I am with your BuckinghamNicks buddies, they just have to understand that the Eagles sites must come first. :wink:

Brooke
10-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Wow, Nancy, what a wonderful time you have had! Your reviews were just awesome!

And to have Lindsey play that song just for you! 8) Standing right above you?! I'm sure I would have :fainting:

Don't tell your BN friends that they were dissing the wrong guy. It's really Glenn Frey that has you utmost attention! :shh:

DonFan
10-07-2008, 02:50 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip, Soda! I read this short review of Lindsey's new CD--do you agree with what he said about Great Day sounding like Boys of Summer?

LINDSEY BUCKINGHAM
Gift Of Screws (Reprise)
Jordan Bimm
The title comes from an Emily Dickinson poem – it’s not about Fleetwood Mac groupies. Gift proves that Lindsey Buckingham’s knack for writing catchy pop-rock chord changes is alive and well.

Buckingham’s furious fingerpicking guitar style is front and centre on the sweet Bel Air Rain, and opener Great Day would be a great song if it weren’t a total knock-off of Don Henley’s Boys Of Summer. Despite a few weak moments like the country-tinged title track and the experimental Time Precious Time, this is a solid offering for Fleetwood completists and dinosaur dad-rockers.
------------------------

(BTW, do Stevie/Fleetwood Mac fans ALWAYS have to diss Don? :???: )

sodascouts
10-07-2008, 03:41 PM
Thanks for posting that review! I'm puzzled by some of his comments though. Great Day a total rip-off of Boys of Summer? It's nothing like it! BOS is much more melodic and has a completely different mood. Great Day has a lot of experimental echoing and sonic manipulations while BOS has a nostalgic, traditional approach... I seriously have no idea what he's talking about. Not only that, but characterizing the title track as "country-tinged"? What CD did he listen to? That's another one with a lot of sonic manipluations and sound effects, and a very abrasive vocal. That's not what I consider "country-tinged." It's no "How Long," that's for sure. I agree with him that "Time Precious Time" is a weak moment, however.

Don't feel bad about the Don-dissing, DF. You have to remember that he stole Stevie from Lindsey in a lot of people's minds (which is why he and not Glenn got the brunt of it Brooke lol). Plus, one of them admitted to loving Boys of Summer and The End of the Innocence! Meanwhile, the other admitted that out of all the songs on Long Road Out of Eden (which I forced them to listen to when it came out), she liked "Busy Being Fabulous" so much that she asked me to make her a ringtone out of it.

DonFan
10-07-2008, 10:25 PM
I'm not sure what CD he listened to, and I'm not that familiar with Lindsey's discography. I thought it was Gift of Screws, like it says in the title of the review.

sodascouts
10-07-2008, 10:35 PM
I'm puzzled by some of his comments though. Great Day a total rip-off of Boys of Summer? It's nothing like it! BOS is much more melodic and has a completely different mood. Great Day has a lot of experimental echoing and sonic manipulations while BOS has a nostalgic, traditional approach... I seriously have no idea what he's talking about. Not only that, but characterizing the title track as "country-tinged"? What CD did he listen to? That's another one with a lot of sonic manipluations and sound effects, and a very abrasive vocal. That's not what I consider "country-tinged."
I'm not sure what CD he listened to, and I'm not that familiar with Lindsey's discography. I thought it was Gift of Screws, like it says in the title of the review.

I wasn't literally asking "What CD was he listening to?" I know the review was of Gift of Screws. I just meant that the reviewer's comments were so off it seemed like he wasn't listening to the same CD I was. :)

But thanks for posting it - even the reviews I don't agree with are interesting to read!

glenneaglesfan
10-08-2008, 04:14 AM
Wow, Soda, welccome back, and what a fabulous experience for you to have Lindsey playing right there for you! It's great reading about all your experiences, even the bad ones. Glad that punchy guy got his comeuppance - I'll bet he was running scared when he heard your inebriated neighbour shouting at him!

Molly
10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Sorry you had to encounter such unpleasantess from the natives in Milwaukee, Nancy. That guy should have been not only removed, but arrested. I night in the city jail would have probably done wonders in changing his attitude.

Prettymaid
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Soda, your description of your heart stopping experience in front of Lindsey had me excited just reading about it! Glad you had a good time.

sodascouts
10-08-2008, 06:45 PM
Sorry you had to encounter such unpleasantess from the natives in Milwaukee, Nancy. That guy should have been not only removed, but arrested. I night in the city jail would have probably done wonders in changing his attitude.

Eh, he was probably an out-of-towner! The cool guards at the Pabst Theater are much better representatives of the citizens of Milwaukee, methinks!

And yeah, a night in lock-up might have given him a nice "attitude adjustment." Hope he gets his one day.

sodascouts
10-11-2008, 03:33 PM
A photo from the House of Blues in Chicago:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/lbtour2008/Chicago02.jpg

I think our guys could take a page from Lindsey's book when it comes to clothes (he was also wearing dark jeans).

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Fabulous shoot Soda!

Lindsey always wears great clothes! Specially black and leather!

ticky
10-11-2008, 03:57 PM
A photo from the House of Blues in Chicago:

I think our guys could take a page from Lindsey's book when it comes to clothes (he was also wearing dark jeans).

Too true, Lindsay is looking very HOT in the black and Leather *G* BUT maybe he should have removed the Jacket? he's also looking very hot in the black and leather, a little moist *G*

sodascouts
10-11-2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, but Lindsey sweats profusely no matter what he's wearing!

http://www.buckinghamnicks.net/lb/images/LBuckLive2004.jpg

sodascouts
10-11-2008, 04:07 PM
And he does take off the jacket by the end, for the encores - as you can see in these videos from Indy which I just found on YouTube!

Treason (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfSewgqHwps)

Don't Look Down (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_m_c40c9oeY) (a rare gem from Lindsey's 1992 Out of the Cradle album, which is like his version of Glenn's Strange Weather in the sense that it's his strongest album which he almost never plays anything from live).

Bleed to Love Her (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBYOXJ4uLOM) (he did this off the cuff!)

And from Chicago:

Time Precious Time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZ90odfZMVE) (part of the encore). And yes, I am one of the "woos" at the beginning. lol

Mrs Henley
10-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Yeah, but hey, he's allowed to sweat :angel:

Nice pic!

Stephanie
10-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Lovely pictures Soda! :smile: Lindsey's clothing style is great!

Yesterday after college I finally had the change to buy Lindsey's new album. There are a few great songs on it. My favorites are "Wait For You" and "Did You Miss Me".

I am looking forward to the next Fleetwood Mac album!

ticky
10-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Nothing wrong with a little honest sweat *G* and it does look good on Lindsey *G*

Prettymaid
10-12-2008, 03:21 PM
I remember when I saw Fleetwood Mac at the University of Illinois (in '05 I think it was) - we weren't sitting anywhere close to the stage and you could still see sweat flying off of Lindsey!

sodascouts
10-12-2008, 03:51 PM
I think I told you - I was at that show! And Lindsey threw me his sweaty towel! I've kept it to this day, completely preserved, of course. ;)

Prettymaid
10-13-2008, 11:44 AM
I think I told you - I was at that show! And Lindsey threw me his sweaty towel! I've kept it to this day, completely preserved, of course. ;)

Yes Soda, I do remember you telling me you were there. It's a small world, isn't it. Recently I've been reading the past concert reviews and am fascinated by the fact that you were recognized at Glenn concerts in the states by people who saw you at a concert in London!

Do you have your sweaty towel displayed?

sodascouts
10-13-2008, 02:08 PM
That was a hoot when that lady recognized me from London! But it wasn't so much that I was super-memorable; her family was right behind me. After the show, I chit-chatted with her a bit, complimented her on her cute children, and listened to her tell how Glenn had seen the children and asked a roadie to hand them some picks. How sweet is that????

Although I consider it cool to have Lindsey's sweaty towel, some might consider it icky, so it's not on display. It's tucked away in a drawer along with some other Mac treasures, like my signed Dance CD (Stevie and Mick Fleetwood) and my signed Say You Will and Under the Skin CDs (Lindsey). I was super-lucky to get Stevie's autograph because she doesn't do that anymore unless you're a service person or gravely ill. Too bad, because I have a Buckingham Nicks album with Lindsey's signature, and I'd love to make it a pair...

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/bnsigs.jpg

Brooke
10-13-2008, 03:05 PM
Those are very cool autographs you have there, Nancy!

sodascouts
10-13-2008, 03:11 PM
Thanks, although the Lindsey Under the Skin autograph looks like chicken scratch. Lindsey's Say You Will autograph, not pictured, is even worse. He did that one from the stage, as was his custom on that tour. Ah well, it's the thought that counts, and I appreciate him signing it for me no matter if the name is legible or not. And at least I have a nice one on the BN album.

Prettymaid
10-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Very cool Nancy. I'm one who has never gotten into memorabilia, but I must say the things I have seen on this board are very impressive, and some must be very expensive!

sodascouts
12-06-2008, 04:11 PM
Lindsey was at the Grammy nomination ceremony. Doesn't he look great?

http://lindseybuckingham.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/51stgrammynomslive9.jpg

Freypower
12-06-2008, 05:44 PM
I'm glad you found that, Soda. I was nearly going to email you the other WireImage photos. There are a couple with his wife.

fred
12-07-2008, 09:12 AM
I Can say, That you are so lucky people to live in the usa,Were all the top bands lived en worked en touring.
We saw never Lindsey live in the Netherlands.
Solo. But i have the last album en the live dvd from him.
Greetings.Fred

Prettymaid
12-07-2008, 09:20 AM
He does look very, very good there.

One of the things hubby and I picked up on from The Dance dvd is when Lindsey is talking about how Fleetwood Mac got back together to record and he hesitates and says "Isn't that weird?" It just cracks us up and to this day we use it when we're talking to each other!

sodascouts
06-16-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm reviving this old thread because a friend of mine put together a few montages of Lindsey Buckingham guitar solos, and they really emphasize his talent and creativity as a guitar player. He really doesn't get his props for that, but I think he's the most exciting and emotive guitarist out there, and absolutely fascinating to see live.

Here are the videos (she might make more). Soak up the awesomeness, guitar aficionados!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYAoJ2QfKE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlAL0lPZMII

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPiJEK8KEjA

carol7lynn
12-04-2010, 04:13 PM
Lindsey is getting the Les Paul Award at the 26TH Annual Tech awards show at the Anaheim Hilton on January 14th. I'm going-GA. Tickets are reasonable.
Here is the link: http://26thannualtecawards.eventbrite.com/

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

sodascouts
12-04-2010, 06:46 PM
Thanks for the link. Oh my gosh, I wish I could go!

carol7lynn
12-30-2010, 08:11 PM
Just got an e-mail from Namm show and they are giving me a badge to the Namm show at the Anaheim convention center too! WhooHoo!

Looked at the list of performers. No one spectacular but Rick Vito, Lita Ford, Crag Chaquico, Gene Simmons, Geezer Butler (Black Sabbath), Leslie West (Moutain),Cliff Willams (AC/DC) & Gary Sinise may be worth checking out. Keeping my fingers crossed that an Eagle or two might show up. Maybe Lindsay too! Never know!

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

TimothyBFan
01-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Thought of CL (where the heck is she anyways?) this morning a couple of times. On Facebook, Don Felder mentioned he'd be around the NAMM today hanging at the Gibson thingy and Jonny Lang says he will be there around 3 this afternoon signing autographs!! CL-- if you read this, could you get me Jonny's autograph? Thanks!!!!:pray: :thumbsup::lol:

sodascouts
01-14-2011, 04:12 PM
She's over on the Mac boards, Willie!

I can't wait to see if some folks got photos.

TimothyBFan
01-14-2011, 04:20 PM
And where might this Mac board be? Do they allow my kind? If you talk at her-tell her I really, really love Jonny Lang would ya? ;-)

sodascouts
01-14-2011, 04:51 PM
The Fleetwood Mac fan community actually has several various fan boards, all of which co-exist peacefully. It's quite common to be a member of several boards and you won't find one board admin bashing another. However, Fleetwood Mac fans tend to engage in a lot more interpersonal drama on their boards. People are always getting into heated debates about everything from which band member is the most talented (that one is always a mess) to whether or not Stevie wears black too much. Perhaps it's because there was so much drama in the band itself!

This is the major one that I visit most often and where you can find CL:

The Ledge (http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/)

Read a few threads and it won't be long before you see the kind of drama I mean!

sodascouts
01-15-2011, 04:43 AM
The TEC Awards put up a video tribute to Lindsey (sadly, he did not actually perform at the event):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5R8Ld5q4l70

sodascouts
01-20-2011, 12:19 AM
Lindsey being introduced by Al Schmitt, Ken Caillat, and Elliot Schenier, then accepting his award:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4-43mtTVBA

eaglesvet
04-07-2011, 09:40 AM
Just checking in real quick...I heard that Lindsay is going to be the guest performer on American Idol tonight!!

Prettymaid
04-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Ooh, thanks EV. BTW, miss you! :bye:

Brooke
04-07-2011, 10:28 AM
:yay: Can't wait!

sodascouts
04-07-2011, 12:39 PM
He was supposed to be on last night but that fell through.
http://blogs.ajc.com/american-idol-blog/2011/04/06/tidbits-jeff-beck-drops-out-tonight-ryan-seacrest-most-powerful-reality-guy/

Where did you hear he might be on tonight? That would be so cool!

eaglesvet
04-08-2011, 06:15 AM
Well, I guess my info was wrong, and what I heard was what fell through. I had heard it on the radio. Sorry, maybe Iggy Pop was his replacement...which really was not my style :headscratch:.

I had been looking for an AI thread, but couldn't find one quickly (I was at work)...wassup with voting Pia off!?! Man, did America get it wrong this early. I'm still not sure who I want to win, because they REALLY are a talented lot. But it was WAY too early for Pia to go! :scowl:

sodascouts
04-08-2011, 12:02 PM
The new AI thread is here:

https://www.eaglesonlinecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2941

Yeah, we're all furious about Pia!

sodascouts
04-13-2011, 12:19 AM
New album, DVD, and tour from Lindsey!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110412/music_nm/us_buckingham

Prettymaid
04-13-2011, 07:24 AM
Great! We'd really like to see him.

sodascouts
05-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Lindsey just appeared on Saturday Night Live!

sodascouts
06-13-2011, 04:38 PM
Lindsey has a release date for his new album - he's doing it himself, no label - and 30+tour dates around the country!

http://nickslive.blogspot.com/2011/06/lindsey-buckingham-covers-rollingstones.html

Looks like the closest he's coming to me is Atlanta - I'll be there!

eaglesvet
06-14-2011, 02:51 AM
He is literally playing 15 minutes from me, in a great community theater seating about 1300 in Morristown, NJ. I don't really know him as a solo artist...convince me...what do you love about him?:) well, his music, I mean?

sodascouts
06-14-2011, 09:15 AM
He is literally playing 15 minutes from me, in a great community theater seating about 1300 in Morristown, NJ. I don't really know him as a solo artist...convince me...what do you love about him?:smile: well, his music, I mean?

The thing that's great about Lindsey live is his passion and amazing guitarwork. He is a genius at guitar! His famously unique finger-picking on guitar (as opposed to using a pick) allows him to sound almost orchestral on if he wants. Check out the acoustic version of "Big Love" for an example! However, his voice is getting a bit ragged, so be prepared for that. I still say it's worth the price of admission - it averages about $50 - to be treated to guitar solos like the one you hear during "I'm So Afraid." INTENSE. He plays a lot of new songs you may not be familiar with, so I also suggest you buy the new album when it comes out in September!

sodascouts
06-15-2011, 10:26 AM
Just got second row for Lindsey's show in Atlanta!

Henley Honey
06-15-2011, 11:28 AM
You go, girl!!!! Good for you! You must be so psyched.
If its Glenn-tact with Glenn, what do you call it with Lindsey?
Whatever it is, I hope you get tons!!!

TimothyBFan
06-15-2011, 11:49 AM
:yay: Good for you!!! Watch out Lindsey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sodascouts
06-15-2011, 03:18 PM
Thanks guys!

"Lindsey-tact" sounds awkward, lol, so we don't have a special word for making eye contact with him. Sad, I know! I'll invent one - "Linds-tact"! How's that? ;)

There was a time when I went to so many shows that he recognized me, but that was years ago! Nowadays I can't afford to go to that many shows. His tickets are much cheaper as a rule, but the travel expenses aren't. It sure sucks when the closest show is over 6 hours away. I miss living within driving distance of multiple major cities that my fave artists/bands actually play regularly! It was especially sweet being so near to Chicago. :sigh:

And don't worry, Willie, my friends and I will be gentle. lol

eaglesvet
06-18-2011, 03:58 AM
The thing that's great about Lindsey live is his passion and amazing guitarwork. He is a genius at guitar! His famously unique finger-picking on guitar (as opposed to using a pick) allows him to sound almost orchestral on if he wants. Check out the acoustic version of "Big Love" for an example! However, his voice is getting a bit ragged, so be prepared for that. I still say it's worth the price of admission - it averages about $50 - to be treated to guitar solos like the one you hear during "I'm So Afraid." INTENSE. He plays a lot of new songs you may not be familiar with, so I also suggest you buy the new album when it comes out in September!
I will look into that song. He happens to be playing on a night I usually work, but since it is so close, it may not be that much of a big deal to leave a bit early. Nice score on your seats!:thumbsup:

WalshFan88
06-18-2011, 05:39 AM
Very cool Soda!

And I completely agree about Lindsey's guitar playing. Very unique. Most rock guitarists do use a pick. I can only think of 3 right now who don't and are very unique and 2 of which are famous. Lindsey Buckingham, Mark Knopfler, and Steuart Smith. Just "try" to play the part in Rhiannon with that bassline in there. Whenever I cover that song I have the bass guitarist play that bassline as I can't fingerpick for anything so I use a thin pick and hybrid pick that so it sounds pretty much the same but not the way Lindsey does it. I believe my version is the way Waddy Wachtel plays it for Stevie during her solo shows. I physically can't play it like Lindsey. My fingers don't work that way. I can pick individual notes but I can't do independent bass and treble AT THE SAME TIME like Lindsey does.

sodascouts
06-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Some moments of Lindsey genius:

(At 5:20+ both Lindsey and Stevie start to go absolutely WILD - it's AWESOME)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtPyk8_onO8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJyzijG0I0k

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naAWX6OsHVI

Austin.. I bet you will enjoy these... my friend put together some highlight reels of Lindsey's guitar solos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYAoJ2QfKE0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlAL0lPZMII&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPiJEK8KEjA&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lC4ER59o0m0&feature=related

WalshFan88
06-18-2011, 08:32 PM
Great stuff Nancy!

I particularly love that Rhiannon video as well as some of the guitar solo videos!

TimothyBFan
06-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Rolling Stone interview.

http://www.rollingstone.com/videos/new-and-hot/lindsey-buckingham-goes-diy-for-new-solo-album-20110620

sodascouts
06-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Thanks Willie! It's an interesting look at what happens behind the scenes in releasing an album.

Prettymaid
06-21-2011, 11:50 AM
You go, girl!!!! Good for you! You must be so psyched.
If its Glenn-tact with Glenn, what do you call it with Lindsey?
Whatever it is, I hope you get tons!!!

"Lindsey-tact" sounds awkward, lol, so we don't have a special word for making eye contact with him. Sad, I know! I'll invent one - "Linds-tact"! How's that? :wink:

How about Buck-tact? Nah, that doesn't sound right...:nahnah:

Congrats on second row Soda. I just checked out Chicago - it's on a Sunday so I really don't want to do that. Milwaukee is the Saturday before - looked at tix and decided against it. We should have planned sooner. But I also think - and I know this may sound bad - that I'd rather not hear new music.

sodascouts
07-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Check this out!

Ask Lindsey Buckingham (http://www.guitarworld.com/dear-guitar-hero-submit)

TimothyBFan
07-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I bet you have a few things to to ask Mr. Buckingham!

sodascouts
07-16-2011, 09:16 PM
I've been trying to think of something interesting and intelligent. Any ideas?

TimothyBFan
07-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Who says it has to be interesting and intelligent. :heybaby: :twisted: :hilarious:

sodascouts
07-19-2011, 01:22 PM
lol! "Lindsey, as a woman I would just like to thank you for continuing to reveal so much chest onstage even now. You are delicious."

And just forget the whole question thing altogether!

Actually, I was thinking about asking him how he developed his finger-picking style, or maybe how he feels maturity has affected his songwriting.

Brooke
07-19-2011, 02:12 PM
I like the thank you part best, Soda! :nod:

Those are good questions though! Send 'em in!

AzEaglesFan
08-16-2011, 12:48 PM
In case it isn't already posted, Amazon is offering a preorder of Lindsey's new CD.

Windeagle
08-24-2011, 10:06 AM
OMG! Just saw an announcement for a Lindsey Buckingham show in my hometown! I'm not a big Fleetwood Mac fan myself, but thought I'd pass this on to those of you here who are.

http://www.themusichall.org/calendar/event/lindsey_buckingham

If anyone goes, let me know. I'd love to meet up.

WalshFan88
08-24-2011, 06:26 PM
Very cool! I'm hoping Fleetwood Mac tours next year so I can go see them.... I really like Lindsey's guitar playing.

sodascouts
09-04-2011, 10:10 PM
You can buy the digital version of Lindsey's album tonight at midnight! I'm waiting impatiently!!

http://www.amazon.com/Seeds-Sow-Amazon-Exclusive-Version/dp/B005J55MAE/ref=tmm_msc_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1315188539&sr=8-1

AzEaglesFan
09-06-2011, 02:56 AM
All the Lindsey fans check your TV listings. Lindsey in suppose to be on one of the late shows tomorrow night. My guide shows him on Conan O'Brian show on TBS.

sodascouts
09-07-2011, 01:02 AM
I've gotten Lindsey's album and I've been playing it for the past couple of days. I like it!

I just turned on Conan. Can't wait to see him perform!

Koala
09-12-2011, 08:42 AM
I had bought me the new album yesterday, it is my first Lindsey Buckingham solo album.
I have not heard all songs yet, no time, however I like the songs that I've heard already!

sodascouts
09-12-2011, 11:26 AM
Good!

I also suggest you buy a copy of Out of the Cradle, which I feel is Lindsey's best album.

Koala
09-13-2011, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the hint!

sodascouts
09-16-2011, 12:13 PM
Well, I'm heading up for a whirlwind trip to Chicago to see Lindsey Buckingham.

Any of my friends nearby - if you want to find me on Sunday - I'll be standing in front of the Vic Theatre, waiting in line for General Admission! Seriously, though, call me if you want to have lunch or something.

Brooke
09-16-2011, 01:06 PM
Wow Soda, the concert guru! Have fun!

Henley Honey
09-16-2011, 02:31 PM
Have a great time!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Koala
09-17-2011, 01:50 AM
How Cool, have a great time! :)

sodascouts
09-19-2011, 10:22 PM
It was INCREDIBLE, but I have had seriously about 1.5 hours of sleep. I think I'll go to bed early tonight, and get you the review tomorrow!

Koala
09-20-2011, 12:23 AM
Can't wait to hear more!

Henley Honey
09-20-2011, 08:49 PM
Waiting patiently . . . . . . .

sodascouts
09-20-2011, 11:05 PM
With all the other things I've been donig since August, you might think it was pretty crazy for me to go all the way to Chicago just to see Lindsey Buckingham, especially since I'll be seeing him in Atlanta in another month. Also, this was hellacious scheduling wise because I absolutely had to be at work at 2:30 Monday, and the earliest flight I could get landed at 7:45 am in Nashville, after which I would half to drive three and a half more hours (the show was Sunday night and there were no late Sunday flights). It was cutting it close, and I knew if I did this I would pretty much get no sleep Sunday night since I would have to be at the airport at 4:00 am... what was I thinking?

Well, I was thinking that this was special. First, I have a friend there who definitely needed some support now because her brother recently died at just 27 from a drug overdose. Secondly, the show was general admission, which meant a hardcore like me was pretty much guaranteed first row unless there was some VIP crap. Finally, it was Chicago - and I miss Chicago!

BEFORE THE SHOW

My friend Tiffany and I got there at 1:00 pm (doors open at 6:30). We knew we wouldn't be first - there is a fan named David from Minnesota who kind of follows Lindsey around the midwest from show to show. He was there bright and early - 7:30 am! However, at 1:00 pm, he was still the only one in line. We took our places as second and third, grateful for the awning as it was raining steadily. What a dreary day!

Finally, a line started to form about 4:30ish. Turns out the show didn't sell very well - it sold about 600 tickets, barely half capacity - hardly surprising considering that it wasn't even listed on Ticketmaster and only promoted locally.

The good news is that the fans who did brave the weather and were savvy enough to know about the show in the first place were industrial hard cores. An audience that consists largely of hardcores is a very, very good thing!

Sure enough, once the doors opened, we were right up at the front. Tiffany and I knew just where to go - stage right, where Lindsey plays the "I'm So Afraid" guitar solo over some lucky girl. We each hoped it would be us!

Unfortunately, on the way to the restroom before the show started, Tiffany fell and fractured her finger bone. After getting it taped by a medic, she returned to her seat and stayed anyway, hoping Lindsey would make the pain go away while he played. She tells me she still enjoyed the show.

I was hit on aggressively by the head of security when we asked if we could stand at the stage (we could). It was a novelty for me, lol. At the end of the show, he gave me a backstage pass - but sadly, it was already marked through. It didn't get me backstage, but it's a nice souvenir.

THE SHOW!

Lindsey came out onstage alone without his backing band, acoustic guitar in hand. He was dressed in jeans and a black top open at the neck with a black leather jacket. Despite being a bit on the skinny side and losing a lot of that famous curly hair, he looked good. (See photos on the next post).

We all jumped to our feet and stayed there all night long. Nobody was asking anyone to sit down because everybody was up! All 600 of us! That's the way it should always be, if you ask me!

As you will see, the setlist included a lot of material off of the new album Seeds We Sow, but also each one of his previous solo albums was represented in the setlist at least once. I really appreciated that - I like it when the setlist spans the artists' career. Of course, some Fleetwood Mac classics were included as well.

For the first several songs, it was just Lindsey spotlit with an acoustic guitar. His skill astounds me. With his legendary finger-picking style, he can make one guitar sound orchestral.

Without saying a word, he started playing Shut Us Down off of 2006's Under the Skin. It's a low energy song that doesn't really soar until the end, so I'm not sure if it's the best way to start off, but it certainly exhibits that great guitar.

Next was his minor hit from 1985, Go Insane, in an acoustic arrangement like the one you'll find on Fleetwood Mac's The Dance DVD as well as Lindsey's own Soundstage. Go Insane is VERY effective acoustically - it adds a level of intensity that's not in the studio version with all its 80s electric keyboards and the like. LOVED it.

From that, he went into his only top 20 hit, Law and Order's Trouble from 1981. I also love this acoustic arrangement. It turns Trouble from a cheesy song about running from love into an intimate confession about a fear of intimacy.

Next, it was time for his first Fleetwood Mac song, Never Going Back Again. I adore that song, but it was one of his weakest vocally, as he started whispering the lyrics instead of singing them. I'm not sure what that was about but hey, the guitar work was good. Plus, it had a different intro than usual, which was cool.

The next song, Big Love, was also a Fleetwood Mac hit albeit it one of their lesser ones. This is the same acoustic arrangement you'll find on The Dance as well. Once again, I love it - and it is a show-stopper with its elaborate fingerwork.

Finally, the rest of the band joined Lindsey - the rest being keyboardist Bret Tuggle, guitarist Neale Heywood, and drummer Walfredo Reyes. Lindsey also picked up a pick for the first and only time that evening to play Under the Skin. This is another soft song but it's very beautiful.

The same is true for All My Sorrows off of 1992's Out of the Cradle: soft and beautiful. I would have preferred he do Soul Drifter off of that album but hey, I was just glad he played something off of it - it's a masterpiece!

Then, it was finally time to rock! The next two were energetic new songs: In Our Own Time and Illumination. They're even better live than they are on the album. The whole place was rockin' out, and since it was so full of hardcores, people were just as responsive to the new material as to the more well-known numbers. In fact, many of us were already mouthing the words to all the songs even though the album just came out a couple weeks ago.

Even so, the next two songs he played - Fleetwood Mac's Second Hand News and then Tusk - were huge crowd pleasers, especially Second Hand News. What a great song!

After Tusk, he slowed it down again with two more new songs - the impassioned Stars Are Crazy and the lovely End of Time. As you can tell, I'm a huge fan of both songs.

Then he went into That's the Way Love Goes. Honestly, this song kind of annoys me on the album because he does all this digital voice manipulation that makes him sound unnatural. I'm not into that. However, live, he sung it in his natural voice (of course) and I must say it ROCKED! During the chorus, the front almost became a mosh pit. It was AWESOME!

I'm So Afraid is my personal favorite of Lindsey's and one of my favorite Fleetwood Mac songs as well. I love the song's intensity, its drama, and its mind-blowingly awesome guitar solo. As I said earlier, Tiff and I positioned ourselves on the side of the stage where he comes to play that solo and hoped he would do a repeat of Indianapolis 2008 and play over one of us. Luckily he did - it was me again! He planted a foot on either side of me on the stage and played it directly over me. Only this time, it was even more intense, because not only did he play the song over me, he bent over until his lips were almost touching mine and hovered there a moment as he did some of the guitar work, then jerked up and played the climax without backing up one step. Talk about "in your face"! I had seen him do that to another lucky girl at a prior concert, but this was the first time I had gotten that "almost kiss" and I about died!!!! HOLY CRAP THAT WAS HOT. THANK YOU LINDSEY. lol I wasn't the only one who enjoyed it; the place went nuts for that slammin' solo! He is such an incredible guitarist!

As I attempted to get my breath back and discovered that I was sweating almost as hard as Lindsey at that point, Lindsey started up Go Your Own Way. It is his signature song, and it always makes the crowd go wild. Tonight was no exception. He blew the doors off of this one as well!

Off he went.. then back for the encore!

I was delighted that he pulled out Turn It On from Out of the Cradle - it's such a positive song and it rocked the house! We were all yelling "TURN IT ON" as he sang the chorus and he was eating it up! ;)

His penultimate song Treason was for some reason especially moving and I was surprised at the number of people singing along; it's a rather obscure track off of Gift of Screws. Still, as I've pointed out, we were mostly hardcores!

He did one more encore: the title track Seeds We Sow. It was honestly a bit anticlimactic because Treason is both mellow and uplifting whereas Seeds We Sow is more contemplative and doesn't quite have the same power. Still, it's a good song, and it was an incredible show!

Can't wait to see him one more time in Atlanta!

sodascouts
09-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Some professional photos (none taken by me; they were strict about cameras purportedly at Lindsey's request):

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/Lindsey-Buckingham-4.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/_MG_8749.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/a1cefe2b452c99783de6b1d8e9dceb21.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/c0b2ea1058d8c4860a6cc14e0a58d8d0.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/779f30e6cf8d5f9a35a8e31c48795b61.jpg

Koala
09-21-2011, 01:12 AM
As always thanks for your fantastic review!If I read your reviews as if I had almost been present.:thumbsup::)

Great photos!

TimothyBFan
09-21-2011, 07:41 AM
"Your moment" had to worth every dollar and every sleepless moment it took to make this trip happen? :partytime: Very, very cool!!

Out of curiosity, how many shows have you seen so far this year and how many miles have you racked up in the air or on the ground to do it? None of my business but since I do live vicariously through you, I feel I need to know who we've seen and how many times and where we've been. ;)

Prettymaid
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Yay! You got an 'almost kiss'! I've never seen that but you describe it very well. Did he ever take his jacket off? Just wondering because I know how hot and sweaty he gets.

Oh and one more thing. I've said this to you in person, Nancy, and I'll say it here, now. You have a wonderful way of almost always backing up a negative statement with a positive one. I love that about you and this review is full of examples.

Without saying a word, he started playing Shut Us Down off of 2006's Under the Skin. It's a low energy song that doesn't really soar until the end, so I'm not sure if it's the best way to start off, but it certainly exhibits that great guitar...

Next, it was time for his first Fleetwood Mac song, Never Going Back Again. I adore that song, but it was one of his weakest vocally, as he started whispering the lyrics instead of singing them. I'm not sure what that was about but hey, the guitar work was good. Plus, it had a different intro than usual, which was cool...

The same is true for All My Sorrows off of 1992's Out of the Cradle: soft and beautiful. I would have preferred he do Soul Drifter off of that album but hey, I was just glad he played something off of it - it's a masterpiece!
He did one more encore: the title track Seeds We Sow. It was honestly a bit anticlimactic because Treason is both mellow and uplifting whereas Seeds We Sow is more contemplative and doesn't quite have the same power. Still, it's a good song, and it was an incredible show!...

sodascouts
09-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

PM - he didn't take his jacket off one time, not even when the sweat was pouring off of him. Odd, I know! As for being positive - I try! I find being negative all the time just makes you an unpleasant person to be around. ;)

Willie - this has been an exceptionally busy year for me because all my favorites are releasing albums and/or doing shows all of the sudden!

It started in March when I saw Stevie with Rod Stewart in Atlanta.

Then, Stevie announced a special show in Los Angeles in May which I went to.

Next, Stevie announced her tour. I wound up going to opening night in Denver, then another show in Cincinnati.

Lindsey announced his tour. I went to the Chicago show here, and I'm also planning to go to Atlanta.

Of course, I went to Glenn's two Niagara Falls shows.

Up ahead: Don Henley in Tulsa, Joe Walsh in Oklahoma as well the next night (crazy!) and Joe Walsh in Atlantic City.

After seeing Joe, I will indeed have sen all the current Eagles do full solo shows. Exciting!

Henley Honey
09-21-2011, 02:59 PM
Wow. That's alot of shows. I'd say you need an intervention, but I'm thinkng you need a "concert buddy" more.

I'm applying for the job!!

I want to live in "Sodaland".

Brooke
09-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Really! I don't know how you have time to work Soda! Wish I could do that, but alas, funds not available! As Willie said, we have to live through you!

Fantastic review too! :thumbsup:

WalshFan88
09-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Glad you enjoyed the show Soda.

TimothyBFan
09-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Thanks for the kind words, guys!

PM - he didn't take his jacket off one time, not even when the sweat was pouring off of him. Odd, I know! As for being positive - I try! I find being negative all the time just makes you an unpleasant person to be around. ;)

Willie - this has been an exceptionally busy year for me because all my favorites are releasing albums and/or doing shows all of the sudden!

It started in March when I saw Stevie with Rod Stewart in Atlanta.

Then, Stevie announced a special show in Los Angeles in May which I went to.

Next, Stevie announced her tour. I wound up going to opening night in Denver, then another show in Cincinnati.

Lindsey announced his tour. I went to the Chicago show here, and I'm also planning to go to Atlanta.

Of course, I went to Glenn's two Niagara Falls shows.

Up ahead: Don Henley in Tulsa, Joe Walsh in Oklahoma as well the next night (crazy!) and Joe Walsh in Atlantic City.

After seeing Joe, I will indeed have sen all the current Eagles do full solo shows. Exciting!

Well thanks a lot for taking me along for the ride and I look forward to the upcoming shows also!! :thumbsup: I'm always there in spirit!!! And totally green with envy at your ability to be able to do this! :)

09-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Wow Soda! Excellent review as always. I'm guessing that may have been very hot to have Lindsey 'in your face'. :smokin:

Henley Honey
09-24-2011, 04:53 PM
I think my knees would have buckled!!!

sodascouts
09-24-2011, 10:04 PM
I was trembling - literally! And what I was feeling was pretty evident on my face, at least accorrding to my friend Tiff. :blush:

sodascouts
10-06-2011, 01:06 PM
So I'm off to see Lindsey again this weekend! Three friends and I are going to Atlanta. I'm leaving tonight. This one's not general admission so we won't have to wait in line. I have second row, although off to the side. I hope the show is as good as the one in Chicago!

10-06-2011, 09:21 PM
Well that one is gonna be hard to beat, but that sure shouldn't stop you from trying. Hope you have a great time and get some more Lindsey love!

TimothyBFan
10-07-2011, 06:49 AM
It would be hard to top Chicago but have a wonderful time!!!!

Prettymaid
10-07-2011, 07:56 AM
Hope you get the sweet spot at the stage!

Koala
10-07-2011, 09:02 AM
Have a fantastic time!

sodascouts
10-09-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm back! Atlanta was nice, but not nearly as exciting as Chicago because the crowd was a lot older and not as energetic by any means. Everyone stayed seated most of the night, although we gave several standing ovations and stood up for a few of the standards such as Second Hand News and Go Your Own Way. Lindsey's interactions with the audience were minimal, however. I was 2nd row off to the side - a good seat, but after being "up close and personal" last time, it just wasn't the same! Still, I'm glad I went. The lighting and acoustics were better than Chicago and even though Lindsey wasn't as "into it" as he was in Chicago, he still put on a great show.

carol7lynn
10-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Three days and counting until my first of three local SoCal Lindsey shows. Hope to Rock Away Blind front row center this coming Thursday night at UCLA's Royce Hall! No vid but hope to take some 35mm stills so stay tuned! I:thumbsup:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal:nahnah:

sodascouts
10-11-2011, 12:05 AM
Can't wait to hear all about - and hopefully see it as well! ;)

10-11-2011, 06:40 PM
Hope you have a great time, Carol-Lynn. And Soda, glad you enjoyed your Atlanta trip. It will be hard to top Chicago, but that doesn't mean you should stop trying! :wink:

AzEaglesFan
10-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Picture that a friend took at the Lindsey Buckingham show. There was a nice article in the Phoenix paper about him with a color picture.

sodascouts
10-13-2011, 01:54 PM
Lindsey sure is jammin'! Thanks for sharing that.

Koala
10-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Great photo AZ!

VAisForEagleLovers
10-25-2011, 10:23 PM
From the Fleetwood Mac Facebook page:

Don't miss Lindsey Buckingham performing live on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Monday, October 31st at 12:35/11:35C.

carol7lynn
03-15-2012, 01:15 PM
Time to reactive this thread as LindseyB is hitting the road again-solo from what I understand-beginning here in SoCal on May 3rd.

So far I'm going to three of his four SoCal shows-skipping Solana Beach-just too far. All his SoCal shows are back to back so it's a good thing I was able to retire in December after my HAMP mortgage modification was finally approved (It took 15 months to from start to finish.) allowing me to finally, after working for nearly forty years, to sit back and Exhale!:nahnah:

Carol-Lynn
SoCalGal

Brooke
03-15-2012, 01:52 PM
Great CL! And congrats on your retirement! More time for concerts! :thumbsup:

sodascouts
03-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Retirement - nice!

I saw Lindsey's dates, but they're all in California, right?

I wanted to go to the Wiltern one badly, but it was up against a Glenn Frey show... what can I say?

carol7lynn
03-16-2012, 02:02 PM
Retirement - nice!

I saw Lindsey's dates, but they're all in California, right?

I wanted to go to the Wiltern one badly, but it was up against a Glenn Frey show... what can I say?

Can't say that I blame ya!

Anyway I got second row Pit for the Wiltern show this morning. First time I ever did that for any Wiltern show.

Carol-Lynn

sodascouts
03-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Congrats! Stevie's show at the Wiltern was one of the best I've ever seen. I hope your Lindsey show is just as great!

sodascouts
07-23-2012, 02:16 PM
So, I'm finally getting to see Lindsey this year!

I'm going to see three of his shows this upcoming week, so I might not be around here as much!

Not only am I getting to see his shows in Birmingham, Nashville, and Atlanta - but the Nashville one has a meet'n'greet! I've met Lindsey before, but only very briefly - once with Fleetwood Mac, and once at a hotel bar with several other people so I didn't really have a chance to talk to him much or get an autograph. This time, I should not only be able to get an autograph, but a photo with him as well! I'll post it if I look good in it.

Brooke
07-23-2012, 02:27 PM
Wow! The Ultimate Concert Addict strikes again! lol That's wonderful! Have fun!

Prettymaid
07-23-2012, 08:54 PM
That sounds great! Anxious to hear all about it!

Troubadour
07-23-2012, 09:01 PM
How cool! I hope you do manage to get a pic (and that we get to see it!) :thumbsup:

Tiffanny Twisted
07-23-2012, 09:02 PM
So, I'm finally getting to see Lindsey this year!

I'm going to see three of his shows this upcoming week, so I might not be around here as much!

Not only am I getting to see his shows in Birmingham, Nashville, and Atlanta - but the Nashville one has a meet'n'greet! I've met Lindsey before, but only very briefly - once with Fleetwood Mac, and once at a hotel bar with several other people so I didn't really have a chance to talk to him much or get an autograph. This time, I should not only be able to get an autograph, but a photo with him as well! I'll post it if I look good in it.

have fun Soda.
:thumbsup:

TimothyBFan
07-24-2012, 07:49 AM
:blueblob: I get so giddy whenever you do these things!!!! Have fun and you better post that picture!!!!:thumbsup:

sodascouts
07-27-2012, 08:13 AM
I had a good time last night. We were 5 th row center in a small venue, so the seats were great!

Lindsey's one man show was just him and the guitar, playing his works that showcased his amazing skills at guitar. On some songs, however, he used backing tracks to fill out the sound. While this would go completely unnoticed in a larger show, in a show like this, it was a bit jarring. I understand why he did it. Can you play I'm So Afraid without a drum? Not really effectively.

He changed the melodies of a few songs with higher parts to make thm easier to sing, and it really worked. Better to sing lower notes with gusto than to strain for high ones.

He's looking great. He wore jeans and a leather jacket. While his hair is totally gray now, he still wears those shirts open enough to show off that sweaty chest! And the man was working hard. Every song he played had elaborate guitar work and he finger picks it all. It was a really intense evening; not much light, bouncy music. Even Never Going Back Again was done to emphasize the darkness of that song which sounds so cheery but, if you look at the lyrics, is really very bitter.

I guess it's difficult to sustain that level because the show was only 70 minutes. That was disappointing.

However, shows like this reinforce my opinion that Lindsey is the greatest guitarist in the world!

sodascouts
07-27-2012, 09:07 AM
Oh, and the meet'n'greet is tonight. Hopefully all goes well!

Brooke
07-27-2012, 11:09 AM
Sounds like a great show, Soda! Glad you enjoyed yourself and have fun tonight!

Topkat
07-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Glad you enjoyed the show! Hope you get that photo with Lindsey tonight! Have fun!

zeldabjr
07-27-2012, 11:53 AM
Glad you enjoyed the show! Hope you get that photo with Lindsey tonight! Have fun!

ditto...and I have fingers crossed you get the photo you want!!!

sodascouts
07-29-2012, 09:50 PM
I rambled on way too much at the meet'n'greet because I foolishly did not rehearse what to say and all sorts of chatter tumbled out of my big mouth. I guess I'll never learn. :lol:

I still got my album personalized and a hug. I'm good! ;)

Despite the fact that I am sporting a less-than-attractive "Freak Out Face", I'll go ahead and post the photo:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/lbtour2012/lindseymenashvillejuly2012crop.jpg

Troubadour
07-30-2012, 07:04 AM
Haha, your Freak Out Face is awesome. A lot more contained than mine would be in a similar situation. You look absolutely amazing. And look at those blue eyes of Lindsey's! So, so happy for you.

Topkat
07-30-2012, 07:08 AM
Great picture Soda! You look fantastic!:thumbsup:

SallyGee
07-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Wow! What a great picture! So happy for you!

TimothyBFan
07-30-2012, 08:37 AM
I think it's a great picture and am so happy for you!! And Larry told me to tell you the other night, after I received your text saying you'd met him, that he thinks that's pretty darn cool!

Brooke
07-30-2012, 10:01 AM
Wow, Soda! You look fabulous! And what a wonderful memory for you! That's just awesome that you got to meet Lindsey, get autographs, and a picture with him. If you felt anything like I felt when I met Don Henley, I know you are just floating on cloud nine! You rock! :thumbsup:

Freypower
07-30-2012, 06:28 PM
I rambled on way too much at the meet'n'greet because I foolishly did not rehearse what to say and all sorts of chatter tumbled out of my big mouth. I guess I'll never learn. :lol:

I still got my album personalized and a hug. I'm good! ;)

Despite the fact that I am sporting a less-than-attractive "Freak Out Face", I'll go ahead and post the photo:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sodascouts/lbtour2012/lindseymenashvillejuly2012crop.jpg

Nancy, that is a lovely photo.

zeldabjr
07-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I think you look beautiful Soda...so glad you got to meet Lindsey and get your pic with him...must have been a thrill!!

sodascouts
07-30-2012, 09:04 PM
It was definitely a thrill and thanks for the nice words about the photo!

WalshFan88
07-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Very nice photo Soda and glad you got to meet Lindsey and get a pic and the signature!!!

07-30-2012, 11:14 PM
That's a really good picture of you and Lindsey, Nanc. I hope you had a great time at the meet 'n greet.

whitcap
07-31-2012, 06:46 PM
Nice picture Nancy :)

Tiffanny Twisted
08-03-2012, 09:55 PM
soda,you look so happy. great picture.

GlennLover
08-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Lookin' good girl! Glad for you! :thumbsup:

Prettymaid
08-08-2012, 08:12 AM
Ha Ha! "Freak out face" - love it! Your hair looks great! I love it down like that. Did Lindsey get a word in edgewise? ;-)

sodascouts
08-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Not much!

sodascouts
08-17-2012, 06:04 PM
One more Lindsey concert on the docket for me - in New Orleans Saturday night. This one is GA so we'll get there a few hours early to make sure we're at the stage, right at Lindsey's feet. Actually, the stage is only a couple feet high, so I'm thinking this could be a really intense experience if he works it like he has in the past. Should be fun!

Glennsallnighter
08-17-2012, 06:38 PM
Thats tomorrow night? What you are saying about hoping to be right at the front brings back a certain other concert we attended earlier this year!
Hope you get right up there Soda, you deserve to.... and have a blast!

Prettymaid
08-17-2012, 08:08 PM
Oh boy...if that stage is as low as you think, you might want to bring your own towel and keep it around your neck. The sweat's going to be flying!!! :doh:*wiping sweat off*

:partytime:

TimothyBFan
08-22-2012, 08:21 AM
Soooooo..... I've been waiting patiently for a review here, missy!!! Where is it? I know you had the best spot in the house so I'm assuming it was a great night!!!

Brooke
08-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Yeah, missy, what's the deal, holding out on us! :lol:

sodascouts
08-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Oops, sorry!

This show was everything I was hoping for and more. It was terrific - it blew the other three shows I had been to last month out of the water.

My fellow fan Kristin and I got there about 4:00 pm, and we were definitely first in line! There were some logistical complications about lining up for wristbands and then lining up for doors, but it worked out. There was only one door in and out of the place, so we saw Lindsey walk in about 7:30 (the show started at 9:00, but the doors opened at 8:00). He walked right by us, paused and waved at the folks standing in line (there were about 100 at that point), then headed on in.

We got right to the stage, which was so low - about up to my knees - and so small that you could reach out and touch Lindsey if you wanted (I refrained, lol, except when he was shaking hands with the audience at the end).

While we were waiting for him to come out, I could literally sit on the stage. Here's a photo I took while I was doing so. Check out how close the mic is!

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/0C5B81A2-BABB-47A6-BB30-5A7BC4FF7BAD-8033-0000068B8A146B37.jpg

And how close the back of the stage was:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/glennfreyonline/misc/5DE58ED7-72B8-4334-A8F3-0F6335217B81-8033-0000068B97536A5E.jpg

With the audience all standing right there, Lindsey really fed off of the energy and gave an incredible performance. We didn't get any new banter - in fact, he left out all of the Stevie-related banter that he'd been doing recently - but he seemed to be in even livelier spirits than usual.

Dang, it was hot in there, though. The man had sweat POURING off of him. He should've taken off that leather jacket he was wearing. Yeah, it looked good, but let's be practical! I haven't seen him sweat like that since the air conditioning fail at Fleetwood Mac's Champaign show in the summer of 2004. (Remember that, PM?)

He recognized me, by the way! As I said before, I was RIGHT up at the front thanks to waiting in line so long. As he was changing guitars after the first song, he smiled at me and said, "Don't I know you?" I just replied "Yeah," and grinned, not eager to jog his memory about where he knew me from (the blabbermouth from the recent M&G). Then, when I was going crazy after "Stephanie", he said to me "You love that one, don't you?" Again, my response: "YEAH!" lol Finally, I was lucky enough to have him play "I'm So Afraid" right over me, which was MEGA-HOT. So yeah, those general admission, standing-room-only shows lend themselves to a LOT of extra fun! It's like Lindsey is playing in your living room rather than at a show in front of hundreds of people.

I called out "Rock Away Blind" at the end just in case he decided to do it as he has in the past when people called it out, but it got no response. I don't think he ever plans on playing that one again, but you never know. I guess it doesn't hurt to keep trying.

Everyone in the audience had these looks of amazement on their face as he played. He enthralled that whole crowd. He is so staggeringly talented!

I met up with a girl from the main FM fan message board and some other new friends I made in line for dinner afterwards. We spent the next hour gushing about Lindsey over Mexican food. It was such a fun time all around! I'm SO glad I went!!

Here's some photos from the show courtesy of NOLA.com: http://photos.nola.com/4500/gallery/lindsey_buckingham_at_one_eyed_jacks/index.html

TimothyBFan
08-23-2012, 08:05 AM
Woo Hoo!!! Now that sounds like a way to see a show!!!!

sodascouts
08-23-2012, 10:27 AM
Here's a brief clip from the show. You can't see me and it's not very clear, but you can hear a bit of his genius at work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRNePsCrbzw

08-23-2012, 10:54 AM
Awesome, Nanc. Glad you got some Lindsey Luv! We'll just not tell Glenn about this though! :wink: :grin:

Brooke
08-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Wow, that is amazing that you were so close! Sounds like a wonderful time! :partytime:

zeldabjr
08-23-2012, 12:01 PM
wow Soda I can't believe how close you were...very cool!!! and that he remembered you...you must have been on cloud nine!

sodascouts
08-23-2012, 05:41 PM
It was great!

Tiffanny Twisted
08-23-2012, 08:21 PM
glad you had fun...but if you had to pick between Glenn and Lindsay cause there was only one life jacket to go around...who would you save???

tt

TimothyBFan
08-24-2012, 08:52 AM
glad you had fun...but if you had to pick between Glenn and Lindsay cause there was only one life jacket to go around...who would you save???

tt

:rofl:

sodascouts
08-24-2012, 07:27 PM

tt

If there's only one, I need it for myself! Women and children first! ;)

Glennsallnighter
08-25-2012, 11:46 AM
Way to go Soda! I'm delighted for you that you had such a wonderful evening and that you got some Lindsay Love too! And I'm sure your Mexican meal with your new found friends was wonderful too - reliving the gig for anothe hour or two is just so much fun.

Tiffanny Twisted
08-28-2012, 08:01 PM
If there's only one, I need it for myself! Women and children first! ;)

Ok I ment to say two life jackets....one for you and one for______________????

sodascouts
08-28-2012, 09:28 PM
Well, Glenn would be a lot more fun to hang out with on a desert island. Here's your jacket, Mr. Frey!

Plus, Lindsey is actually an excellent swimmer. He played water polo in high school. He'll be ok. ;)