PDA

View Full Version : Joe Appears on CNN's Larry King Live

Ive always been a dreamer
12-22-2007, 01:49 AM
Sorry to be so late in posting this, but it's been another very busy week. Joe appeared on CNN's Larry King Live last Sunday, August 16th to talk about the life and death of his good friend, Dan Fogelberg who succumbed to prostate cancer earlier that same morning at the age of 56 . Joe's appearance was to honor Dan and get out the message of the importance of early detection in the battle against this disease. You can read a transcript of the show on the CNN website.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0712/17/lkl.01.html

sodascouts
12-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the link, dreamer. It really brings home the importance that men get those tests done. Last night, I actually asked my father if he had had his done, and told him about Don Fogelberg dying because he didn't. While Dad didn't know who Fogelberg was, he agreed that if a man several years younger could die from such a disease, that it was certainly a threat to a man of his age. But then he told me he'd already had it done, and everything was normal. What a relief!

JoeFan
12-28-2007, 05:15 AM
What a pity, I didn't realise how close Joe was to Folgelberg, his death is tragic especially when one considers that it might have been prevented. Thank you for posting this.

Brooke
12-28-2007, 11:09 AM
I finally got time to read that. Thanks for posting that dreamer.

I wondered why Dan never posted anything more on his website. I guess he just needed to live the rest of his life privately.

DonFan
12-28-2007, 05:25 PM
I also just had a chance to read this, and thanks from me, too, dreamer.
I got the CD "The Essential Dan Fogelberg" for Christmas and I have been listening to his songs over & over--I had forgotten what a powerful songwriter and singer he really was. He will definitely be missed, and I am thankful to Joe and the other people who are helping to get the word out about early detection and treatment.